Izuku is a Therapist for the...

By Passing_Ghost_Friend

Despite the need for a long break, Midoriya Izuku gets called back to reform to top members of the Meta Liber... More

Not Even the Beginning
Break=Reform
The Start of the Reform Program
The First Day
Bathroom Meetings
Geten
Curiosity Killed the Cat...
Curiosity Revived the Cat and Killed it Again
Satisfaction Brought it Back
Re-Destro has Arrived
Hanabata (Trumpet)
I'm the Leader. Not You
I'M COMING
Giant Fight
What Happens Now?
Chance for Chikazoku
The Trial
The Aftermath
Epilogue

Finding out the Dad

6.4K 326 346
By Passing_Ghost_Friend

"Let me ask again: what did you just say?"

"Oh, is the dad joke too outdated? I guess being in jail hasn't allowed me to broaden my comedy any further," All for One answered smoothly with a grin. "Just go on about your day now. I'll tell you more about my dragon-like treasure hoard again next time."

Midoriya narrowed his gaze on him, tilting his head at the man behind the glass. "Alright then. I'll take your word on it. Goodbye again."

As soon as Midoriya closed the door, he turned to one of the guards nearby. "See if you can get a blood sample from him. I need a personal test done to ensure his words on something."

"A blood test?" The guard asked. "For what reason?"

"I need a comparison to my own blood to test DNA similarities," Midoriya answered back, noting how the guard looked taken aback by his order.

"Alright, sir. I'll talk with my higher ups about your request. Stay here."

"Aye aye," Izuku saluted sarcastically back at him while the guard traveled down the hall. He walked away from the door and leaned back against the blinding white walls of the hall of Tartarus.

It wasn't long of a wait until the guard came back with a woman in a lab coat to  get a fresh blood sample from him to test. He relaxed again as the two walked back down the halls, leaving him in silence.

Maybe he was just overreacting. How could the most evil supervillain just casually admit that he was a father through a dad joke? All for One had to be joking with him.

*

Three days later, Midoriya received the results of the test through an email. An e-mail that basically read 'congratulations, your father is a super villain!' was plastered across his laptop screen with a little confetti.jpg in the corner.

It wasn't long before he was driving to Tartarus with a coffee-muddled mind. He headed straight inside with the excuse of a follow up therapy session. He pushed past the guards who were questioning why he came back so early.

Izuku bust open the door to find All for One still frozen in place from the amount of restraints tying him to his chair, "Are you kidding me?!"

All for One hummed at his loud response, smiling when his footsteps matched right up to the glass, "Ah, you came back."

"You! You?" Midoriya stopped in front of the glass and pointed at the restrained villain.

"Yes?"

"You weren't kidding?

"About my dragon treasure hoard? Not at all. Have you already found it?" All for One grinned like he was proud of something. "I have barely given you any hints about its location."

"No?" Midoriya answered confused for a moment. All for One turned his head slightly with his grin slowly slipping. "I'm talking about the fact that you are supposed to be my father."

"Oh, right," All for One coughed. His couch didn't break the uneasy tension in the room. "I was hoping you wouldn't actually hear the joke when you walked out. I was planning for something more dramatic for the actual reveal. But since you know now, it doesn't matter anymore."

"You... You are my dad? How?" Midoriya remarked, throwing out his hands to gesture at the tied up villain. "My dad is supposed to be in America. He is supposed to be sending letters and not tied up in the highest security prison."

"But I am afraid the letters stopped years ago, correct?"

Midoriya felt something drop inside his throat at the villain's words. "Why do...?"

"I'm afraid they won't exactly let me write anything with these restraints on me," All for One tilted his head down at the straps pinning him in an upright position. "Thankfully, I had a few letters saved that were mailed on schedule, but they would have fully stopped by now. Just like the phone calls officially stopped before the letters."

"My dad is supposed to be Hisashi. Midoriya Hisashi," Izuku replied. Desperately he tried to cling on to any earlier memories of his father even though he didn't remember much other than the rich, curly hair and tall frame. He distantly remembered the photo his mother showed him of a man in a yukata wearing a mask over his face during a festival. Or of a man wearing a disposable face mask and a suit in the delivery room.

How can the man who his mother loved turn out to be him?

"Yes. Akatani Hisashi before I took your mother's maiden name," All for One chuckled even as Midoriya felt his stomach do backflips. "My best cover name yet."

Midoriya swallowed as the memories of the man he had come to know was replaced by images of the villain in front of him. "Oh my god."

"Now I understand you might have a lot of questions for me—"

"You...I don't have time for this," Midoriya threw his hands up in the air. "Damn. I need another therapist just to handle all of this. God, what am I going to tell mom? Oh my god, what the hell am I going to say to her."

"Where are you going?"

Midoriya frowned at the villain who was staring after him even though he had no eyes. He huffed and yelled out, "To pick up some milk in America!"

*

"So is there any reason why we were all called to come here on our day off?" Touya asked, leaning back against the end of the couch. He crossed his arms behind his head to cushion his head. 

Midoriya was sitting on the recliner with both couches on either side of him. One couch had the league surrounding it while the other couch had some of the reformed Yakuza sitting down.

Tenko, Kumogiri, Sako, Jin and Iguchi were crammed into the couch. Himiko was sitting by Jin's feet with Touya at the very end of the couch on the ground. Magne was sitting on the edge of the couch right by Touya, admiring her sparkly ring.

Kurono, Chisaki, Toya, and Rikiya were sitting on the couch on his right. Rappa was standing behind the couch, leaning down next to Rikiya's shoulder. Hojo was standing behind Toya with Nemoto next to him. Irinaka was sitting on the ground on the far side with Tabe sitting on one of the kitchen island stools with an open bag of shrimp chips.  Deidoro was in the kitchen with Tabe while Tengai leaned against the wall with closed eyes.

"I don't mind it, I enjoy taking all of your snacks," Tabe piped up from the kitchen area, kicking his feet up from the stool by the kitchen island.

Midoriya sighed. "I have some important news that can tread into some very bad news very quickly."

"Oh geez, what is it?" Magne asked from her seat. "How bad?"

"Did you kill somebody? Because if you need help, I'm still reformed," Toya answered before leaning a bit towards him in a hushed tone. "but I still have some good burying areas that could be used if needed."

"It's true," Hojo confirmed with a nod.

Iguchi raised his hand, "Let me guess: another reform program?"

"Well, Yes," Izuku answered when Iguchi pumped his fist in the air. "But that isn't the news."

"What is it?" Rikiya asked from his position next to Rappa.

"Really quick," Midoriya begins, turning his gaze to face Tenko who looked back at him in surprise. "I have a question for you and Kumogiri."

Kumogiri nodded, "Alright. Go on."

"This is All for One related..." Izuku said, making Kumogiri and Tenko tense at his words. He slowly pulled a photo out of his shirt pocket. He picked out a small photo that he could sneak away from his mother's photo album. "Before his accident did he look anything like this? I need to check something out."

Midoriya held out the photo to the two men who looked down at it.

"That looks remarkably similar to him," Kumogiri said, his eyes staring down at the photo.

"Yeah..." Shimura coughed at the photo. "But why exactly do you have a photo of All for One?"

"Unfold it," Midoriya sighed, pinching the space between his eyebrows as the last test he had was answered.

There was only silence in the room as everyone waited to see what exactly was happening. Himiko was desperately trying to peek at the photo from her position on the floor. Tenko frowned, "Why is All for One standing next to Inko?"

Slowly, everyone's expression started to change to reflect the curiosity and surprise of that statement.

"That's because the man in the photo is supposed to be Midoriya Hisashi." Midoriya paused which made everyone begin to realize what was happening. "My dad."

"All for One had sex with your mother?!" Touya yelled from the floor with a horrified grin.

Rappa bit down on his lip, "Pffft."

"Oh my god, does she know about this?" Himiko asked with wide eyes.

Midoriya sighed, "No, not yet."

"How did you find out?" Deidoro asked loudly from the kitchen area.

"I was visiting him for his regular therapy session. But then he said a dad joke."

"Seriously?" Sako asked from his position on the couch.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either," Izuku continued with ease. "It made me feel like he was hiding something from the way he tried to brush it off. So after a blood test, I found out that he is my biological father.

"So..." Jin paused, breathing in slowly. "how are you feeling?"

"Not great. I just found out that the man that was supposed to be in America turned out to be a supervillain with most of the Underground of Japan under his control for years," Midoriya said, watching Tenko look over to his side from the news. "He breathed in deeply, "So I'm feeling pretty bad."

"Did you schedule another therapy session?"

"I got a whole new therapist to talk about it."

Tenko's eyes widened, "Wait, so does that mean we are brothers?"

"Not technically because he didn't adopt you, but he did kind of raise you," Midoriya pursed his lips together. "So that's a blurred line as far as I know."

"So what happens now?" Magne questioned with a soft frown.

"I... I don't know." Midoriya responded . "I don't really know how to process all of this information."

There was a break of silence as both groups didn't know how to continue the conversation.

Nemoto broke the silence, "Well, what about the reform request? Who are they trying to put you with?"

Izuku shrugged, "Some of the top members of the Meta Liberation Army. I think there are like five of them."

"That group? Oh, I hate those guys," Jin commented with a deep scowl. "They tried to kidnap Giran when the League was still a thing."

"I think that was right before we were captured. So we never really got to fight against them," Sako added.

"I still want to punch them," Jin mumbled, which made Himiko pat his knee with a knowing nod.

"Speaking of Giran, how is he? We haven't seen him or heard from him in years," Himiko questioned with a finger to her chin. "I wonder how he is doing."

"As far as I know, he is still working in the underground. But he is leaning more towards the neutral side, so the police aren't really aiming to get him arrested," Midoriya explained. "I think he helped out some underground heroes in some way."

"Did you guys know them?" Tenko asked towards Chisaki who was leaning his head onto his metal arms.

"What do you think?" Chisaki scoffed before Kurono nudged his shoulder into him. He looked back at his partner before relaxing to answer clearly. "My vision of the future was the complete opposite of theirs. I wanted to rid the world of quirks while they wanted to make the strongest only stay. As you can imagine, I would not benefit from a partnership with them even if they had the money and people. Our ideals would not align well together."

"I did my own research on them when their group number started growing exponentially because of the manifesto published," Kurono said. "And knowing what they stand for, I have a lot of questions as to why they want you to take care of them for this reform."

"That's why I'm holding off on answering them," Midoriya answered truthfully, turning his eyes to the reformed League members. "I was able to connect to everyone through the reform program because of my quirklessness. I could relate to how the hero society has acted because of their discrimination."

"And I could provide my own experience in my life to relate to all of you," Midoriya looked towards the reformed Yakuza members. "I didn't feel like I would be a problem or in any danger with either of your groups at that time."

"And now we are friends!" Himiko yelled out, throwing her hands into the air with a cheer. Jin mimicked her action with a smile. "All that happy ending stuff."

"Yes, but with this group, I feel nervous. Their whole group follows the idea of survival of the fittest and only the people with the strongest quirks can survive. Or something similar to that ideal," Midoriya explained. He sighed and leaned his head back into the couch cushions. "So how am I supposed to come in and relate? How am I going to do what I do best when I have no idea how they will react to me being quirkless?"

"I don't know what to tell you. We didn't even know you were quirkless before the whole notebook incident with the files."

"Yeah, I didn't want you all to find out that way. I was planning on doing it later in the program," Midoriya smiled. "But it helped us become a bit closer in our talks after that."

"Well, who knows what will happen?"

"All I know is if they tied anything, they have the whole quirk-restraint cuffs and that huge wall to get past. So you will be okay safety-wise there."

Midoriya sighed heavily, "But it might last a long time. I countered with some of the therapists taking care of the lower members, and they are very loyal to the ideal. Yet they do have a few successes, so I'm still hopeful about the outcome."

...

"And with the whole..." Toya asked. "...finding-out-your-Dad-thing?"

Izuku brushed the hair out of his face, "If anything, I might just agree to the reform program with the MLA just to get away from talking about it. But until then, I'm just going to take it one step at a time by starting off with a therapy session with my new therapist tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 53 50
Ever since Izuku Midoriya was discovered to be quirkless, his life has been nothing but torment. So what will he do when he is offered an escape to h...
50.7K 1.9K 24
BOOK THREE OF HERO OR VILLAIN TRILOGY ┈ Izuku Midoriya is a Pro-Hero. Or, he's supposed to be. He graduated from UA. He had the perfect husband, fami...
58.5K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
307K 13.9K 31
Class 1-A decided to go see a movie one weekend. Once they got there, they picked out a horror movie. Midoriya has been terrified of horror movies hi...