๐—ก๐—ข๐—ก ๐—™๐—”๐—ก๐—ง๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ฌ เณƒโ€โžท M...

By misumitsuya

โI was born for you so I could love. You appeared to me so you could be loved. I'm forever thinking about you... More

โœง ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜† (๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜) โœง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง

229 17 33
By misumitsuya

𝗡𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗬
━ chapter seventeen ━

❝𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨.❞

NOTE:
- Prepare yourself a pack of tissues and ready your hearts.

---

MITSUYA was just on his way to his club when he saw (Y/N) just standing at the middle of the hallway, her back facing him. He blinked his lavender-colored eyes at the sight, wondering why she was just standing there like a statue. 

(Y/N)-san? What is she just standing there? As such thought entered his mind, Mitsuya decided to approach her and greet her; however, not noticing the real reason why (Y/N) was just standing there, motionless and like a statue. As he finally reached her, Mitsuya was about to open his mouth and say a word of greeting, until the same soft pink-haired female took few steps backward towards him, and seeing that, Mitsuya held her by her shoulders to stable her up.

Whoa. "(Y/N)-san?"

Now calling her name out, instead of being greeted by (Y/N)'s soft and gentle smile as always, he was greeted with a pained and tearful look on her soft features, the sight tearing Mitsuya's heart into two. 

She's crying. .

"Mitsuya-san. . ?"

Again, that painful throbbing sensation in his chest was something Mitsuya can't ignore after he had seen the most painful expression on (Y/N)'s soft features, along with her usually soft and gentle voice sounding so hurt, as if something happened to her that made her be this way. "What's wrong, (Y/N)-san? What happened?" He proceeded to ask as gentle as he can; he couldn't afford to have (Y/N) get hurt more than she is right now, and he couldn't just stand it.

The said pink-haired female remained silent, but as she returned her gaze before her and Mitsuya, the said male himself opted to follow where (Y/N) was looking at, and to say he was annoyed is an understatement. Heck, anger is much suitable right now that matched the look on his face; that sharp glare on his usually gentle eyes, his slitted eyebrows knitted deeply together, and his lips tightly pursed against each other.

The sight of Chifuyu and an unknown girl from a different school spiked the anger bubbling in his stomach the more Mitsuya watched the scene before him and (Y/N).

So I see you're the one at fault why (Y/N) is crying, huh. And here I thought you like (Y/N) just as she returns the same feelings as you, Chifuyu; what the hell are you doing right now? Are you even aware of who's watching you and feeling conflicted over this?

Ever since Mitsuya knew (Y/N), of course he learned about her pessimistic side and her tendency to overthink to some things that may have appear differently than how it actually is. That's why he's just this angry upon seeing this unpleasant sight before him. 

And what more, is the fact that he could feel (Y/N)'s tremors in his hold made Mitsuya to feel more anger to accumulate inside of him.

(Y/N)-san. .

It was then when he spotted a bag on the floor and he raised an eyebrow at it. "Why is there a bag here. ." He muttered to himself, but (Y/N) happened to hear him as her soft but hushed voice croaked out an answer to him, "C-Chifuyu-kun. . he said he's going to Baji-san's classroom to tutor him and help him. . but he forgot his bag, so I thought of bringing it to him and wait for him at the library before going home together." Then as she looked at the worried lavender-haired male, (Y/N) heaved up a small close-eyed smile that ended up to look forced and filled with pain; her closed eyes adorned with tears that were about to fall anytime soon. "But I never expected this. ."

Just as (Y/N) was about to break down and start releasing her tears, Mitsuya's eyes caught the sight of the girl leaving and Chifuyu's figure about to turn around and face them. But before Mitsuya could even let that happen, the said lavender-haired male quickly engulfed (Y/N) in his arms, buried her head in his shoulder, and spun the two of them around, before quickly opening the classroom door beside them and brought themselves inside without wasting any time.

The classroom was surprisingly empty, and Mitsuya was just thankful it is. Or he might've to face the embarrassment of having people see him hugging a girl.

In her whole life, (Y/N) never thought that she would feel this warm, safe, and secured with Mitsuya, other than the warmth and security she feels from Chifuyu. Ignoring the wetness sliding through her cheeks, (Y/N), who had her head safely tucked against Mitsuya's shoulder, croaked out her words, ". . Mitsuya-san, why. ."

In response to (Y/N), instead of answering her through words, Mitsuya only tightened his arms around her small, fragile figure; holding it close to him with gentleness, being careful not to break her more than she is already now.

Just. . just for a while, let me receive your tears. Let me be close to you, just for a while.

.

.

.

An annoyed grumble flew out of his lips as Chifuyu was about to make his way back to the classroom. "Ugh. . how is she related to me. . she's so persistent and too energetic. ." He was referring to the girl who came to the school a while ago, which happened to be his cousin; all the while he was talking to her, Chifuyu was so embarrassed and flustered, all because of his cousin teasing him about returning an appreciation gift to (Y/N), who visited him and took care of him.

Chifuyu didn't knew what to do to return (Y/N)'s kindness back, so he had sent a message to his cousin and asked her about it; he could've asked Hina or Takemichi, but he remembered that his partner will be having a date with Hina today. So he had no choice but to ask his loud and overenergetic cousin.

But as soon as he started walking back to his classroom, his eyes spotted his own bag laying on the ground, and this made Chifuyu to blink his eyes dumbfoundedly. "How the hell did my bag ended up here?" Various reasons why his bag ended here filled his mind, though nonetheless, he picked his bag up, just being thankful somehow that he doesn't have to go back to his classroom all for his bag, and then started walking to where Baji's classroom is; he must be waiting already, and he couldn't afford to make Baji wait longer.

Because an impatient Baji is a dangerous Baji Keisuke. So there's that.

(Y/N)-chan should be waiting for me at the library now, so I've gotta hurry and finish helping Baji-san as soon as possible. I want to go home with her again. Just by that thought increased Chifuyu's mood as a smile curled up on his lips while he walks his way to his destination.

But along the way, Chifuyu thought he saw a familiar lavender hair color at the window of a classroom he passed by. Mitsuya-kun? Nonetheless, Chifuyu knew he doesn't have any time to see who it was, as he has to deal with Baji Keisuke before he could explode in impatience. 

Who would've ever thought that his hunches were right?

***

You knew you were about to cry the moment you saw Chifuyu—that one boy you loved with all your heart—looking all expressive; flustered and embarrassed around a girl you didn't know. But just as tears began to drop down from your pain-filled eyes, Mitsuya had engulfed you in a surprisingly warm and secured embrace and brought the two of you inside an empty classroom; it was at this moment when you finally started to relax in his hold, your turmoiling feelings calming down just by the warmth enveloping you whole.

Yet, even being engulfed in this gentle warmth, you couldn't still help but to remember the scene before you a while ago. The sight of Chifuyu with a different girl who isn't even you.

As someone who finally admitted her feelings towards someone her heart chooses, the fact that the thought of Chifuyu with a girl who isn't you actually hurts a lot than you imagined it to be; you once thought of this; feeling happy and contented if Chifuyu finds his special someone. But, it hurts. . it really hurts to see Chifuyu-kun that. . with another girl who isn't me. Inhaling a deep breath, you tried to compose yourself. 

Of course, Chifuyu-kun wouldn't really like someone like me. After all, I'm just a background character. Nothing more than that.

After what seems to be an eternity passed by, Mitsuya finally loosened his arms around your warm figure, enough for you to put a small space between you two. There's this gentle smile curled up on his lips as he stared down at you, but his smile grew strained when he saw how hurt you are.

Because words—and even tears—you kept to yourself, bottling it up inside you, began to overflow, and you couldn't help it.

"I-I. . why it feels so painful. ." You croaked out, your whole body trembling. "T-That girl can be only his friend but—! But. . why does it hurts so much? I-I don't want to overthink about it, but—I couldn't help it. . the more I remember about it, the more it hurts. ." You finally opened up, unconsciously clenching your hands onto Mitsuya's sweater; such little action making Mitsuya to feel the same pain right now.

You looked so vulnerable, so emotional, and so fragile at this moment. That aside from hating the sight of you crying your heart out of pain and hurt, Mitsuya could just keep on embracing you to protect you from all pain.

"I—I really love him. . I really love Chifuyu-kun so much. ." You hiccupped, tears still flowing out from your tightly shut eyes. "He was always there for me. Always helping me out and helping me to become the person I am right now. It's because of him I gained treasurable friends. Before I knew it—it was just natural for us to be together. . because I thought we're close friends and that him being my first friend is a big deal for me. Then—I soon found myself looking for him, searching him. I began to feel differently around him. And there, I found out that I love him—I love Chifuyu-kun so much. So much that it makes me feel so safe and protected around him. So much that it makes me so happy when I'm around him."

As you opened your eyes that are still being filled with emotional painful tears, the look in your eyes just tells Mitsuya of your pure and genuine love for someone you deeply love and care for.

"—Is that why it hurts so much because I love Chifuyu-kun so much?" Then you lowered your head, tightening your fingers around Mitsuya's sweater and croaked out painfully, "I don't know anymore. ."

True to his character as a gentle and reliable big brother of Toman, Mitsuya lifted his hand that was previously laid on your shoulder to gently wipe your tears away, and to dry your dampened cheeks with the sleeve of his sweater. Then along with that, his gentle low voice started to lull you into calmness, speaking the words he wanted to tell you.

"But then amidst of that, I could still see how much you love Chifuyu, (Y/N)." He started, catching your attention as you looked up at Mitsuya, not bothering to take notice of his gentle palm planted against your cheek. "Even if you said it yourself you don't know, you won't deny that what you feel for Chifuyu isn't something that's going to fade away just like that, just by seeing something that pained you. So tell me, how much do you love Chifuyu, (Y/N)?"

The warm and gentle tone lacing his voice prompted you to speak up, giving you the strength somehow in your fragile moments as of now. "I. . I love him, so much. So much that I—I don't think. . I'll be ever to find this kind of love again." You said, your voice shaking a little as you spoke up to what's on your heart; what you saw earlier still hurts you, but—"I. . I still love him so much. . I love him so much, Mitsuya-san. ."

A small but gentle smile was what Mitsuya had on his face before chuckling softly, "Then that's your answer." He said, continuing, "Like what I told you earlier, something that might hurt you is not enough to fade your feelings to someone you love just like that. It takes more to erase your feelings away. Wallowing in this sadness and pain is okay, but you have to know that in order to keep your feelings strong, take the risk of talking to him, which is to tell your feelings towards him. Because—how will you take your next step if you won't take the risk, right?"

Mitsuya's words instantly hit you like an arrow in your chest; he was right, you still wouldn't know who's that girl and what is happening. And—despite the fact that you're hurting right now, the fact that your feelings for Chifuyu is still deep in your heart, just clearly tells you that it's not yet over. But then again, your pessimism is what makes you to spill out your doubts instead.

"B-But. . I—I don't know Mitsuya-san. . I don't know whether Chifuyu-kun returns the same feeling the way I do for him. . I-I mean, I'm not someone who's likeable enough. . the way I'm like this is just the evidence of that. ." Closing your eyes, you continued on spilling out your feelings and thoughts as much as you can, because you couldn't just contain it inside of you anymore. "All I can do is just to like him, and that's it. ." You quietly said, but it was loud enough for Mitsuya to hear. 

Mitsuya can really see your insecurities surfacing up, and he just understands it all; because of your own insecurities and the overthinking habit you had, you just failed to see just how much people have adored you so much. So much that it hurts their hearts when your soft and gentle sweet smile isn't present in your face. And that's just the same for Mitsuya, who couldn't resist the smile coming up on his lips as he spoke softly, his hand still cupping your cheek gently. "Listen, (Y/N), if you just see how Chifuyu looks at you like you're the most important person in his whole life, you would definitely know how much he—he loves you, so much that he's even the one who kept on persisting Mikey to beat down those delinquents and the rest of their gang just because you got in danger with them."

You showed an expression of shock and disbelief as soon as you heard the last part of Mitsuya's words. Chifuyu-kun did? For. . for me?

"—I just understand Chifuyu though." Mitsuya then says, catching your attention as you finally looked at him, seeing the emotions shining in his lavender eyes. "Chifuyu's really lucky that he found someone like you, (Y/N). Someone whom he deeply cares for and someone whom he would treasure all of his life."

Tears again had started to drop like rain from your baby blue eyes, as you lowered down your head and chose to look at your feet instead, as if it's the most interesting thing in this whole world. "I—I. . I don't understand. I-I can't—I mean. . I don't deserve everything Chifuyu-kun had done for me. I don't deserve the happiness I feel whenever I'm with him. . even though I love to be around him and love him wholly, I-I think, I don't deserve—"

"(Y/N)."

Your tear-filled eyes widened, as Mitsuya gently gripped your shoulders, slightly pulling you closer to him. He was peering in your eyes, his expression pleading as he softly croaked out, slowly being overcame by his raging emotions. "Please—please don't think you don't deserve everything that has happened to you. It happened because that's what happened; you didn't make it happened, you just accepted it and relished in the feeling of being in that certain kind of happening."

You shut your eyes close, still trying to deny everything. "I—I couldn't help it. . I'm not someone who's outgoing and friendly like Hina-chan, I'm not someone who's as pretty and gorgeous as Emma-chan and Yuzu-chan. And moreover—I'm not someone who'd people want to be their special someone in their lives. I'm just being me. ."

Yes, you're just being you, yourself.

As you started to let out tears once again, the grip Mitsuya has on your shoulder loosened, before one of his hand began to wipe your tears away once again, a fond smile present on his visage as he spoke softly, "You deserve the happiness, and everything you have right now, (Y/N). Because people care for you, adore you, and love you, that's why they have given everything. Because they think you deserve them enough."

"You're not Tachibana-san, you're not Emma, nor you're not Yuzuha." He added, the warmth in his voice reassuring you and calming your raging emotions down. "But because you're not them, you're yourself. And—how can someone or anyone not love and care for you like this? It's because of your qualities is what made you to be who you are, you are Sakisaka (Y/N). You're not anyone else around you. You're just you."

Everything seemed to brighten around you as Mitsuya's words entered your ears and processed themselves in your mind. It's like a sunshine after the rain.

"That's why, believe in yourself more, yeah? Believe to who you are and what you have. You are more than enough, (Y/N), do remember that."

But amidst all this, you just couldn't to word it out. This warm and kind feeling that only the Mitsuya Takashi can have.

"Why. . why Mitsuya-san—you are so. . kind to me?"

Mitsuya froze.

You looked down, softly speaking out as you remained close to the stunned lavender-haired male. "Why would you go this far. . for me? Y-You helped me several times in everything, especially now. . you keep on telling me that I deserve everything that I have right now. . I—why would you do that for me. . Mitsuya-san?"

As you looked up at him with your eyes still stained with tears, Mitsuya couldn't help but to think to himself about it. 

That's right, why did he have to go this far? For you? For what?

But then he realized it; as he looked into your eyes, your eyes that are always filled with the emotions that always matches the look on your features, Mitsuya knew why. Why did he have to go this far for someone, like you said, for someone who's just being herself and lives her own life, liking someone her heart chooses.

That's right. . it all came clear to me when I felt the urge of wanting to protect her, that time when she first appeared to us—to me. The first time I met her when Mikey and Draken brought her to the gang; Chifuyu was already acquainted with her and they seemed to looked so great together. Mitsuya could still remember the first time he saw you, that time when you were following behind Mikey and Draken like a lost puppy.

Then images from his memories of you began playing in his mind like a movie. 

She continued to be there since then, and I thought she's just another sister to me; that is, until she started to talk to me and even rely on me on some things, may it be about her brother or about Chifuyu. I thought of wanting to protect her because she was very precious.

And the memory of Chifuyu telling him and everyone about you getting in danger flashed in his mind. 

That is, until Chifuyu revealed that she was exposed to danger. I felt so upset and angry back then, I supported Baji and Chifuyu over the fact to crush those Serpentine Gang bastards for making her cry. Since then, I didn't know why, I just found myself getting attracted to her in different ways.

Mitsuya's eyes softened, as he continued to thought about it, the reason why did he do this for you

And before I knew it, liking her had become something so precious to me. I am aware of her feelings towards Chifuyu and him the same as well; I just decided to keep it within me because all I thought is (Y/N)'s smile and her happiness. That was enough for me; but. . for the first time in my whole life, for the first time I have seen her so much hurt like right now, I just have to be there for her, even just for a while. I just want to be close to her just this time.

With a small smile perked up on his lips, he then slowly said out his own words that seemed to shocked you more than ever.

"Because before I knew it, I found you someone so precious to me."

Your breath hitched, along with your eyes widened, and your heart nearly stopping, before it resumed its own rhythm again, but more faster and you fear your heart is almost going to jump out of your chest.

W-What. . !? T-That means

"That's right, before I knew it, I've come to like you more than I imagined myself of." Mitsuya clarified, keeping his gaze on you, not even bothering to turn his head and look away, instead, bravely faced you with nothing but seriousness; and because of that, it's what made you feel incredibly warm.

No way. . someone like Mitsuya-san—likes me? Why. . Why would they like me? Me who's very messed up just like now. . why?

Seeing the disbelief reflected in your face as everything starts to get jumbled up in your mind; what happened today and Mitsuya's confession, the said lavender-haired male's serious face soon broke out into a smile—an apologetic one at that, before speaking up again in the same apologetic manner. "I'm sorry (Y/N), I'm sorry for making you feel more confused and messed up. I just want to tell you what I feel, because you asked me why am I doing these things to you. So I'm very sorry for making you feel confused more."

Not only you have to see a sight where someone you loved was smiling around someone else, but you also had to deal with your own pain; feeling the insecurity, the pessimism that threatens to eat you whole, and now, Mitsuya's confession which had only stirred the emotions in you further. And knowing that, Mitsuya could only apologize to you wholeheartedly as he can; he would do anything for you to smile again. That same smile that made him fall for you.

At this point, another batch of tears started to fall down your eyes as Mitsuya's gentle warmth seeped into you; the fact that you're beloved by such perfect people just made you feel so emotional, that you didn't know if you deserve this or not; but just as what Mitsuya said, you deserved it all. And realizing that made you to feel so emotional that you couldn't help the tears sprouting out from your eyes.

"W-Why—someone as perfect as Mitsuya-san and—Chifuyu-kun would like me this much? What did I do to have myself—loved like this?"

As you now cried out of happiness that you feel so appreciated as you finally accepted the fact that you deserve your life, everything that has happened to you, the male before you couldn't suppress his gentle loving smile as he enveloped your face with his two warm gentle hands; Mitsuya didn't even minded the wetness of your cheeks due to your tears, nor how you looked like a terrible mess because you've been crying since a lot while ago. Mitsuya just thought you're so pretty, no matter what.

"I—I'm not as perfect as you think of me, (Y/N). I'm just living my life fully as I can. I might be a delinquent, but, I use my strength to protect everyone as I can. I'm just living my life as Mitsuya Takashi; and, I said that I like you because I mean it, because you made an impact in me that you couldn't imagine how big the impact was. Out of all the people I have known, you're the most genuine person that understands people more than herself; the fact that you tend to overthink because you're worrying about the people around you and such. So what else could be the reason to love you?" He said so sweetly that it made your cheeks to warm up at how he looked so beautiful; so beautiful that you can't tear your eyes away from him. But then soon, he released your cheeks from his hands, the sweet look reflected in his eyes and in his face replaced with an expression similar to yours quite a while ago.

Pained and hurt.

"I'm thankful that you thought of me like that but," He paused, his smile ended up looking strained and full of sadness as he continued on, still with the gentleness on his voice in spite of the look on his face. "I wasn't the first one to catch up to you; you were beyond my reach. He was the first one and I'm the second, in other words, I lost."

For the umpteenth time again, your eyes widened at the words he uttered and at the pain lacing his soft gentle voice; you didn't knew it. You didn't knew that the Mitsuya Takashi actually felt that towards you. He chose the path of liking you despite knowing how it will hurt because of the fact that you liked someone other than him. And realizing that—even if Mitsuya himself told you that it's he himself who fell for you—the fact that Mitsuya has to feel this way made it even more painful for you to bear.

It was already painful when you saw the scene earlier and how you kept on deceiving yourself that you don't deserve everything that has happened to you—but the pain stuck in your chest became more painful to bear as Mitsuya's pain seeped into you. The fact that he had to bear such pain because of just liking you.

"—That's why it also pains me to see you like this; to see you hurting so much like this. It pains me so much that I couldn't stand it and just want to be close to you as I can." Mitsuya added, the painful look immediately melting away as soon as he gazed down at your form; you who never felt so much conflicted like this in your whole life.

Opening your mouth to say a word, your soft voice began to state your feelings instead, along with the tears that had yet finished escaping from your eyes. "Mitsuya-san, I—I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry I made you feel that! I'm so sorry for hurting you like this! I'm so—I'm so sorry!!" That was all you could say; because you thought that explaining to Mitsuya will just affect him more, so you could only apologize instead; genuinely feeling so guilty and bad over the fact that Mitsuya had to get hurt because of you.

Because of loving Matsuno Chifuyu instead of Mitsuya Takashi.

You were expecting Mitsuya to look upset more and you prepared yourself for what's about to happen; what will he soon say. But as you looked up, it surprised you why does Mitsuya looked so relieved and happy. Even though his eyes looked like they're about to shed his unshed tears; he looked more like—peaceful.

"Mitsuya-san—"

"Please don't blame yourself, (Y/N). It's I, myself, who chose to be in this path. I had the choice of dismissing what I feel for you and the choice of choosing to hold you in my heart, yet I chose the latter because it's what my heart feels after all." Mitsuya said, the smile on his face no longer painful, "It hurts, to be honest, but—knowing that I have finally told you what I feel in spite of your answer, I can finally rest assured that even if it's not in my arms you ended up to, you'll be in great happiness with him. And that's more than enough for me."

Lowering your head to avoid his stare, you only leaned your forehead near his shoulder and softly cried on to him; you never thought that someone who's as perfect as Mitsuya himself, would come to treasure you deeply like this. And yet, he's not what your heart chooses. It was a quite bittersweet ending for him.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you feel more confused like this. You don't have to apologize, too. But," He paused, and you slightly lifted your head to look at him, seeing the longing reflected in his beautiful eyes. "Just for this time—just for now, can you let me be close to you?"

The way Mitsuya pleaded to you hesitantly; knowing that you're still messed up and your emotions are all jumbled up that you couldn't understand what's going on anymore—it made you to feel just how genuine his feelings are for you. You knew you couldn't give him an answer to push away the pain in him, but at least—at least, you could let him be close to you, just for a little short while.

Taking small steps backwards, despite your eyes looking teary and your smile looking a little bit forced, you still curled your lips up into the best smile you could muster, spreading your arms as a way of telling Mitsuya that he's more than welcome to be close to you, just for today. And with that, Mitsuya gently wrapped his arms around your figure, trying his best to give the most comforting and warm hug you need in this time of your life; he saw how you were hurt, so the least he can do to you, is to comfort you and make you be your usual self again, aside from the fact that Mitsuya himself, did want to get close to you and hold you close to his heart, even if it's just for a while.

As you gently returned his warm embrace and started to pat his back softly and gently, Mitsuya couldn't help but to have himself inhale your sweet, gentle, and comforting scent of strawberries and vanilla. Just like your personality—sweet and kind. For him, it was the scent that gives him the sense of security and peacefulness.

Chifuyu, I envy you. Not only because you found someone you can treasure, but because you are able to feel this kind of feeling when you're close to her. The feeling of being safe and secure, I'd want to feel this as long I want, but, I am not as low as someone who'd take this opportunity to steal her when she's this conflicted—from you. Before I will let these feelings go—let her go, I just want to be this close to her. Just for a while.

As you indulged yourself—and Mitsuya—in this gentle warmth that is engulfing you right now, your once turmoiling and messed up feelings calmed down; being washed away by this warm feeling that somehow set you in a state of peace, you finally spoke up, your voice full of softness and gentleness in it.

"Thank you, Mitsuya-san." Opening your eyes as they look at nothingness above you; you still felt so conflicted about your own feelings—for Chifuyu—and Mitsuya's feelings. But, it's thanks for this warmth that had enveloped you wholly that you have finally came into conclusion; no longer doubting about your feelings towards that special someone you hold in your heart and no longer thinking of pessimistic thoughts that would only make you to feel more down about what happened. Just like what Mitsuya said, for that someone you love, you would do anything for them; even risk some things.

Just like what Mitsuya did just now. He told you his feelings, even knowing that he won't be receiving an answer that he normally expected. Just by that made you to know, how much Mitsuya cared for you. And for that, you're thankful—thankful that because of Mitsuya's gentle warmth, you're able to conclude how beautiful love it.

"—Thank you, for liking me, even though I am just being myself. Thank you for caring for me and being there to help me in times we've been together." You continued on, slightly pulling back to look at the said lavender-haired male with a tearful smile; your eyes filled with tears, but are filled with emotions and your smile brighter than anyone's smiles. "Thank you, for everything."

As it finally came into conclusion, the smile on Mitsuya's face tells you how much he feels so happy, content, and peaceful. And it made you feel so warm and happy.

"It's I who should be thanking you." He said, before gently plopping his hand at the top of your head and gently ruffled your soft pink hair with a gentle smile, "Thank you for allowing me to be close to you. And thank you, because I'm glad that despite the fact that things went this way, I was able to like someone who makes everyone around her to love and care for her, just because of her sincerity."

Pink and red hues came to paint your soft cheeks as you looked down, feeling flustered over Mitsuya's gentle smile and his words that made you feel warm over; though, the said lavender-haired male himself could spot that tiny but happy smile etched on your lips. It made his heart to swell in so much affection—and made himself feel so happy he fell for someone like you.

"Oh that's right," You looked up when you heard Mitsuya gasping softly; you watched him taking out something from his bag, and as he brought that something out, your eyes widened as they glued on the sight of a simple, but pretty handkerchief cloth in his grasp. You were just admiring the said material, when Mitsuya spoke, a smile present as he held out the handkerchief towards you. "Here, you should wipe your tears away with this. I made it a while ago in my club and I want to give it to you. So. ." He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck as his cheeks tainted pink.

The handkerchief was simple soft pink in color—just like the color of your hair—with little cherry blossom flowers sewn at the very corner of the soft material, and little petals adorning the most space of your new handkerchief. This made you to smile as you gently held the handkerchief close to you and looked up at the slightly pink-faced Mitsuya before you. "T-Thank you! I'll use this everyday!"

Mitsuya only smiled at how you looked so energetic right now; he didn't imagined that the emotional you a while ago is the same as the happy and energetic you right now.

And then, at this very moment, you remembered something very crucial that you needed to do in an instant.

"Ah!" Your blue eyes widened then, finally remembering that one crucial thing that you should be doing right now. I forgot that I'm seeing everyone in the Summer and Autumn Troupe off at the airport! And—their flight is nearly 5!! The panicked look on your face didn't went unnoticed by Mitsuya, who then gazed at you with worry as he saw how panicked you looked. "(Y/N)? Is there something wrong?"

You shifted your attention towards him and looked teary again; but this time, not of him nor what happened, but due to the fact that you're overthinking again about how will Muku, Kumon, and Juza will say to you if you failed to see them off at the airport. "I—I have to see my brother and cousins off at the airport because they—and their fellow theater members are going to Kyoto! I-I promised my brother and my cousins that I'll see them off— o-oh my gosh! If I didn't see them off, they wouldn't talk to me anymore!" You said in a rambling manner; your words coming out from your mouth faster than Mitsuya imagined; he was just glad that he managed to understand you despite it though.

"Then, you should go on now yeah? Even though your brother and your cousins won't definitely hate you if you didn't see them off, but it's a great assurance if you go to see them off, so you wouldn't have to worry about their words later on." Mitsuya said, smiling, and you refrained yourself from crying all over again because Mitsuya is just so kind to you.

"Mitsuya-san. . !! Thank you very much!!"

And in front of his eyes, you began fixing yourself; brushing your hair and wiping your face clean because there are tear stains in your cheeks due to your excessive crying. Plus—your red eyes that were starting to ache as well as you shed a lot of tears quite a while ago. Watching you with nothing but amusement in his eyes, Mitsuya couldn't help but to smile as he thought to himself. Even your little moments like this are so cute.

Shaking his head lightly, Mitsuya then turned to the door and slid it open before turning to you—who just finished fixing yourself up. "Should I escort you then? I can bring you to the airport faster with bike." He offered; your heart once again had warmed and swelled over Mitsuya's kindness and consideration. But, you only gave him your usual soft smile (that he loves) as you shook your head in declination, "It's okay, but thank you. I don't want to trouble Mitsuya-san any more; you already helped me out today. . so, I don't want to trouble you any further. ."

The lavender-haired was looking at you for a while, amazement seen in his orbs as he once again had witnessed how kind and selfless you are. "I see, then you should take care of yourself, okay? If you run to some sort of trouble, you can call me and I'll be right there in an instant." He said instead, and with that, you couldn't refuse him so. "Y-Yes! Thank you very much!"

With that, as you two were now outside of a random classroom, you then stood in front of Mitsuya, then bowing at him along with the words of appreciation coming out from your mouth. "T-Thank you very much! For staying with me and—helping me. . I couldn't express my appreciation and gratitude enough. I—I'm so sorry. . if I hurt you, but! Thank you for liking me and helping me until now!" And then, as you lifted your head up, you were stunned by the warm and gentle smile Mitsuya had on his face as his eyes formed into two crescents.

"I'm thankful to you too, for letting me like you. And I will keep on helping you from now on." Because you're still important to me, after all.

You were full of negativity and pessimism a while ago when you saw Chifuyu smiling around a girl you didn't know. Your emotions and feelings were jumbled up inside of you and as you let them out because of Mitsuya. And now, you felt incredibly happy and warm upon knowing his feelings for you and the fact that you deserve all the things that has happened to you now; the happy things, that is.

That's why, I want to see him, I want to see Chifuyu-kun. I want to talk to him; I want things between us to be clear. And—I want to tell him what I feel.

"—T-Thank you, Mitsuya-san. . then, I'm going off!" And you were now running away from his sight, as Mitsuya remained standing alone at the middle of the hallways, keeping his eyes on your form until you have finally gone away from his sight. He just wanted to watch over you until you left, making sure that you're safe as you left; he didn't want anything happening to you.

Not when you almost got yourself in danger back then with those Serpentine bastards.

Just by the thought of them was enough to make Mitsuya's blood to boil in rage; but thankfully, Toman is going to against them in a surprise brawl, few days from now. So he can finally release all his anger and frustrations towards them and rest assured that the Serpentine Gang is no more.

With that thought in mind—along with a small smile etched on his lips, Mitsuya turned to the opposite direction to where you had left, since he somehow had forgotten something in his classroom. But just as he was peacefully walking along the hallways, he had halted on his steps as someone had stopped themselves in front of him.

"Hm?" Opening his eyes, that soon were filled with confusion and slightest twinge of annoyance, Mitsuya opened his mouth and called his name, "Chifuyu?"

The person before him—looking all hasty and worried for some reason—had familiar blond locks and his teal-colored eyes filled with nothing but worry. His attention was caught by someone who was standing before him, calling him by his name. And it was just the last person he'd want to see.

"Mitsuya-kun. ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

115K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
132K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1M 33.6K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...