Sugar Rush ✔️

Galing kay thedoorwiththat

She dreams of owning her own bakery one day. Baking is her passion and what she considers her dream job. She... Higit pa

Before We Start
Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue

18

10.8K 446 41
Galing kay thedoorwiththat

Violet

It's Saturday and I don't work thankfully. I'm a little grumpy because my body woke me up early when I wanted to sleep in.
I was in the kitchen making something quick to eat.
While I was eating, my phone rang. I picked it up and saw that Kostas was calling me.
"Hello?"
"Good morning moró." I heard his smooth voice through the phone. (Baby)

"Good morning!" I replied. It was 10:00 am and the last time I spoke to him was last night when he left.
"Are you busy?" He asked me and I told him no. Today was just going to be a lazy day for me.
"Well, I wanted to ask you something I meant to ask last week, there's a harvest festival going on this afternoon and I wanted you to come with me." He told me. That's hours away.

"That's a little last minute." I admit.
"I know moró, I'm really sorry I didn't ask you last week, time got away from me. You won't have to dress up or anything, it's outside in a park, so it's supposed to be casual." He told me.

"Hm...okay what time is it exactly?" I asked. He told me it was at 1 pm, so I guess I did have time to get ready.
Before we hung up, he told me he would come around to my apartment to pick me up.

I made my way upstairs to look for an outfit to wear. I checked the weather app and seen it wasn't going to be too cold today. It was that typical transitioning into fall weather.I have a feeling this will be the last semi warm day though, at least until spring.

Looking through my closet, I settled for a pair of light washed jeans and a white turtleneck. I paired it with a thick black cardigan I crocheted last year and some gold necklaces. I also made sure to put on the thin diamond bracelet I got from the auction.

People think crocheting is for old ladies, but I enjoy wearing something I've made. It was pretty easy to crochet considering it was all one color and the pattern was easy to follow. These sweaters and cardigans are only one of the many reasons I love fall so much.

I'll get dressed later, but I'll do my hair in the meantime. I'm thinking of putting it into a low ponytail. My hair is always either down or in braids, unless I'm at work, then it gets pulled back and secured.

Soon enough, it was 12:30 and I was putting on my shoes. I did some light makeup earlier, just to look more alive. I heard a knock at the door and grabbed my purse before going to open it.
As expected, Kostas was on the other side looking fine per usual. I almost laugh at how reversed our hairstyles are. His hair is down this time while mine is pulled back.

"Hey." I said reaching up to give him a kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist and depended the kiss, I hummed in surprise. I've been loving Kostas's bold affection ever since our first kiss. I pulled away so I could breath.

"That was one hell of a greeting." I told him smiling. He smiled back and pecked my lips again. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and locked up. We made our way out of the apartment complex and towards the parking lot where I saw a nice looking car that seemed a little out of place. Sure, our apartment is very nice and some would consider it luxury, but you don't see many cars like this around here.

As I suspected, it was his car parked there. He opened the door for me and I thanked him before getting in and buckling the seatbelt. He walked around to the other side and got in before starting the car. "What kind of car is this?" I asked him. I'm not good with cars, but I know when something looks expensive.

"Audi R8"." He said turning onto another street.
I hummed in acknowledgment. I've heard of these cars before, never been in one though. I'm sure this one costed a pretty penny.

"So, you said this harvest festival was for charity?" I asked him. He nodded. "The money they make from admissions and other festivities goes to the Make a Wish Foundation. They host it around this time every year because it's near Christmas."
Well that's nice.

After driving for about 20 more minutes, we pull into a parking lot at a park. "How come I'm just now finding out about this, it's pretty close to me." I said more to myself than him.

"It's typically advertised through their social media accounts, so you probably just haven't seen it online." Kostas said after opening my door. 

We made our way towards the park. There was a big sign with the words Harvest Festival written on it. From here I could see people playing carnival games that seem to have fall themes to them. There's also a section where people are getting their face painted and a section where there's a wooden barrel that seems to be filled with apple cider judging from the cups in people's hands. I also noticed the snacks they were handing out as well.

There were children running around screaming and playing at the park that was towards the side. To my left, I saw a hay ride with two horses pulling the wagon.

At first I thought it was a little weird that this was hosted in the middle of November, because typically harvest festivals are in October. Knowing the reasoning behind this, it all makes sense.

"Oh, I have to warn you." I heard Kostas say, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"What is it?" I asked. He cleared his throat. He better not be coming down with something.

"Remember the man you met at the Halloween party? In the Poseidon costume I believe." He said. I nodded, yeah I remember him, still don't know his name though.
"Yeah."  I simply replied.
"Well, he's hosting this event and I wanted to let you know that we may or may not see Andrea here, I'm not sure if they're a thing, but it seems like that cake could've been for this event.  I just wanted to warn you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier." He said and I saw his ears getting a little red.

"You're fine, I may not like her for what she did to you, but that doesn't mean I can't be in the same area as her. I'll be fine as long as you're fine." I told him and he sighed in relief.

"I didn't want to come here. I typically come for a little bit just to show my face and leave, but I figured doing something like this would be fun for you, so that's why I wanted you to come. I just didn't plan for her to possibly show up." He told me.

"Well I don't see her, out of sight, out of mind. Let's have some fun." I told him and interlocked our hands as we made our way to the admission table. Kostas paid for our wristbands and we were able to join the festivities.

We were here for about half an hour. So far everything was going fine and we haven't seen Andrea or Poseidon guy, surprisingly, since this is his event. I made Kostas get his face painted with me. I got a sunflower on my cheek and Kostas got a pumpkin. The orange paint complimented the brown jacket he was wearing.

"Can we get on the hay ride?" I asked him excitedly, the last time I've been on one had to be when I was in elementary school. He nodded and before we could make our way over to the line, we heard a microphone go off. Looking towards the area with a backdrop and rope separating from the chairs in front of it, I saw Poseidon guy in front of the microphone, I guess he's about to make a speech.

"Let's see what he has to say first." Kostas said and we walked towards the stage and sat down with the rest of the crowd.

"Hello everyone. Thank you all for coming. My name is Sebastian Garcia and I am the host of this lovely event. This year has been another successful one thanks to all of you." He then went on the explain the purpose of this event.

"I also want to thank Kostas Artino, for helping make this event happen. Without his generous donations, we wouldn't have most of these festivities. So let's give a round of applause to him!" He said and everyone clapped.

I was pleasantly surprised with that information and clapped along with everyone else and looked towards Kostas who just gave a small smile and waved to the crowd who was looking at him.

"One last thing before you go, to celebrate the 5th year anniversary of this event, we had a cake specially made." He said and gestured to the person wheeling the cake over to the platform. People gasped when they got a good look at the cake. I sat there proudly watching people appreciate the work we did at the bakery. A lot of people had their phones out, taking pictures of the cake. This reminded me of something from Cake Boss when they do the grand reveal at the end.

Someone came over with a knife and began cutting cake slices. People lined up to get a slice of the cake and soon enough, many people stood around eating the cake and talking amongst each other.

"Seems like your cake was a hit baby." Kostas said with a smile on his face. "Well, it wasn't all me, I definitely had some help." I told him smiling. Before he could reply, I heard Kostas's name being called. We turned to see blondie standing beside Sebastian who greeted Kostas and I. They began to talk about the event.

"Didn't expect to see you here." She said to Kostas, contributing nothing to the conversation. Yeah well he's here every year so...

Kostas ignored her, and I can tell it pissed her off. She then turned to me. "Scarlet, kind of hard to recognize you without all of the flour." She said in a condescending tone. I mimicked her tone, "It's Violet, Ashley."
"Andrea." She frowned.
"Hm, well we have to go, have the day you deserve, nice meeting you again Sebastian." I said with a smile.

I grabbed Kostas's hand and walked away. "I love how passive aggressive you can be." He said and kissed my temple. I smiled at him. "I guess we can leave now." I told him. He looked at me surprised. "I thought you wanted to go on the hay ride?" He asked. "I figured you were ready to go after seeing what's her face." I told him with a shrug.

"You said it yourself, out of sight, out of mind. I know you wanted to go on that ride, so let's make it the last thing we do and then leave hm?" He said and I nodded. We walked towards the line for the hay ride and it wasn't long before we were able to get on. It was a lot of fun.

We left the ride and made our way back to the car. He held my hand the rest of the way to my place. I looked at the rings on his fingers, he never seems to be without them. I make a mental note to ask about them later. I wonder if they have some kind of meaning or if it's just for fashion.

We eventually made it to the apartment and he walked me to the door.
"Wanna stay here for a bit?" I asked him and he nodded, walking in with me. We take off our shoes and I took him to the dining area near our kitchen. "I'm hungry, what about you?" I asked him, last time I ate was this morning.

"I could eat." He said bringing me down into his lap. I couldn't contain my smile as he kissed me. "Don't start something you can't finish." I told him softly. He rubbed my sides, "Oh I have every intention to finish it, when the time is right." He said making me raise my brows.

"And when is the time right?" I asked him boldly. I want to see where his mind is when it comes to us getting intimate.
"Whenever you're ready."
"Hm is that so? Well, how would you feel if I said we should get tested first?" I asked him.

This would really tell me how he feels and it could be a deal breaker depending on his answer.

—————————-

Long chapter this time.

Updates may become more sporadic after this chapter. I'll do my best to stick to my regular upload schedule though.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

118K 4.9K 71
Paris teaches toddlers, she was orphaned at a young age and that has made her guarded and stole all the hope she has of having a happily ever after...
15.5M 631K 68
"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was an act of alcohol and nothing more. I don...
884K 42.6K 71
•Completed with incoming edits• "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle They say everything happens for a reason, and...
189K 12.2K 50
Vision of Love Book 2 *read book 1 before this* You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I ca...