Saudade | Loubbie

By carolairdd

🚨 𝐍𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝. The world has gotten bigger for the both of them; the fa... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Acknowledgements

Chapter Thirty

696 43 91
By carolairdd

"Why do I have to come?" Debbie asked as she puffed her almost dying cigarette before stashing it out on the ashtray of her husband's office, "I mean, you are here now. Why am I still needed?"

"Love..." Keanu stopped signing papers as he gave Debbie a considerable look, "You're my lucky charm. I need you on this."

"Baby, you can do it without me." She jested, putting herself down on the sofa, silently wishing to all gods that her husband would let her go off.

"I'll be comfortable if you are with me." Keanu answered, "Plus you have met Ms. Miller already and I believe she wants to see you to ask for an apology for flying off the last time. She said she had an emergency."

Debbie rolled her eyes secretly. In a few minutes, she would be meeting Lou again, worse was that, she was now going to meet her with her husband. The last time, Debbie thought that Lou would back out - that she would never want a business deal because of their past, but just last night, when she and Keanu were making love, Keanu's phone rang and it was Lou asking for a meeting again. And that was how she ended up being in the Bravity building again - stuck inside her husband's office, waiting for his secretary to knock and say that ---

"Excuse me, sir, ma'am. Miss Miller is waiting on the meeting room already."

Keanu gave a nod and a smile to his assistant, "Thank you. Come on, love." He spoke, standing up from his swivel chair as he rescued Debbie from drowning onto the sofa, "Be a good girl for me, will you? Smile and be my lucky charm."

"I want to go home." Debbie answered as she stood up.

"We'll go home after the meeting. I promise."

-----

The walk towards the meeting hall was a torture. Sure, Keanu was holding her - a gentle hand on her waist and a smile trying to lift her mood up. But couldn't he notice that it was just more than an exhaustion excuse?  Debbie wanted to hold him in the eyes and tell him that she shouldn't be meeting her ex-wife, but how could she when Keanu knew nothing about her past? All he knew was that she had a rough beginning, studied law in London, didn't finish it there, but eventually she finished the degree in New York. It was hard to keep things, Debbie knew, but she couldn't share her past with him, because she was afraid of blowing it up. The past was something she dreaded to remember and when she buried Danny, she promised herself to never dig it again.

Keanu gave her a smile before he opened the door, letting her went in first. When Debbie did, the first thing she saw was her ex-wife, sitting on one of the swivel chair with a lit cigarette, obviously lounging as if she owned the place. Lou was wearing a black suit, her creamy skin showing as the opted to not wear a vest. She had her layers of necklaces too, and that smirk that could twist the underwears of californian girls. When did Lou start dressing like the young Lou Miller again?

"Good morning, Ms. Miller." Keanu greeted, walking as to shake the blonde's hand, with Debbie following him from behind.

Lou tilted her head as she smiled. Ever charming and handsome as she killed the cigarette out before she stood up to meet Keanu and Debbie. Debbie held her breath as she saw every move that Lou made - the smile, the tilting of the head, the killing of the cigarette; the way she stood up and the way she held Keanu's hand - firm and too strong.

"And this is my wife. I'm sure you met her the last time you --"

Lou licked her lips as she looked at Debbie, "I sure did." She spoke, eyes glued completely to the brunette in front, "Know her very much too." She exclaimed in a tone Debbie herself couldn't figure if it was a threat or not, "Ms. Debbie." She added as she offered her hand for a handshake.

Debbie breathed, taking all the courage in the world as she accepted Lou's hand, "Mrs. Debbie." She corrected.

Lou held her hand tighter, a smile growing on her lips as she held Debbie's eyes, "Miss Debbie."

The way Lou held her hand felt like a burning carousel. It happened so quick, but it felt like the moment was stretching to forever. Debbie was cognizant that her hand was cold, almost shaking, but her ex-wife's hand was soft, gentle, and warm, despite the fact that her grip was hard. And maybe, forgetting her was a futile attemp, because as Debbie held her hand again - she realized that she could never kill Lou.  All the unspent love gathered up in the corners of her eyes, the lump in her throat was becoming bigger and the hollow part of Debbie's chest felt even hollower. It had been five years, but with Lou's touch, she felt like a doomed maiden, suddenly aching for the touch she once promised herself she would never crave.

Debbie cleared her throat as she withdrew her hand, "Correcting you, Ms. Miller. It's Mrs. Debbie."

Lou gave her a half smirk, "Okay." She then turned to look at Keanu with a wide grin, "So let's start? Shall we?"

-----

"So the plan is, we both stretch around Asia. It is a great opportunity for the business that we will be doing. Since you are an adept already with how bars work, I would like you to lead the way, Miss Miller. This case, I am depending on you. I would also like to offer --"

Debbie really wanted to roll her eyes. While Keanu was up on the podium, presenting Lou all the plans with his projector, Lou, on the other hand, was shamelessly looking at her. It was a mistake that Debbie sat across the blonde. 

"You know what?" Lou snapped her gum, took it out with her fingers before she placed it on the napkin on the table, "Whatever the plan is, Mr. Reeves, I am all in. I am also very ready to be your business partner. But one thing..." The blonde smiled as she looked at Debbie, "Your wife here seems to be very supportive of what you do, despite the fact that you two are in different line of work and I am intrigued." She jested playfully as she placed her chin on her palm before she leaned on the table, "Mind if you tell me how did you get such a pretty wife?" She asked, emphasizing the word wife, and suddenly for Debbie, it felt like a stab, "No offense, Mr. Reeves, you are handsome, but to get such a fine, very beautiful and smart woman." Lou leaned back against the swivel chair, "I mean how?"

Keanu smiled charmingly before he turned the projector off. Debbie was pissed. She knew Lou was pulling a game and whatever the mechanics were, she didn't care. Debbie looked at Keanu as he approached and sat beside her.

"Do you want to tell the story, love?" Keanu asked.

The rolling of Lou's eyes never left undetected by Debbie. Love. It sounded tasteless on Keanu's tongue and Lou had to stop herself from laughing. She used to call Debbie that and it suited Debbie perfectly. Used to.

The brunette shook her head, brushing her annoyance with a small smile, damn you, Lou, damn you, "No."

"Uhm..." Keanu sat comfortably on his chair across the blonde, "We met during one of my business trips. We actually met in Greece. She was there, eating alone in a restaurant and I had mistaken Debbie as the one who I was meeting that time. I thought she was my future imvestor. We hit it off for a week." Keanu finished, taking Debbie's hand and placing it on the table as if it was the most prized thing that earth ever had, "I found that she was a lawyer. No family. Single. And I was like, how on earth? Courted her for half a year, then eventually we got married."

"That is nice."

Keanu nodded, "How about you, Ms. Miller? Don't you have a lover? I mean, come on!  You are beautiful." He chuckled before looking at Debbie, "Not as beautiful as my wife though, but you are."

Lou gave him a smirk. Damn, if only you knew boy. The jealousy was already poisoning the blonde's head, enough amount to get her stomach twisted, but she played it off with a smirk, a smile and a casual leaning on the chair.

"Used to have a wife." She smiled, emphasizing the wife again, "Used to have a daughter too. Long story short, our daughter died..." She stated, this time, looking into Debbie's eyes as if she was solely talking to her; as if Keanu was not there and as if it was just the two of them, "She blamed me - I mean, my ex-wife blamed me for the death of our daughter. Partly, I was to be blamed too. So now, I am alone, but I am happy..." Lou went on, "...now I know that my ex-wife is now happy and is living the life she deserves, I am happy for her."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 505 15
Lou and the crew are planning a new heist (reality based) and you, will be part of it. You also fall in love with Lou and this will be a little bit p...
13.3K 692 31
"I just cut my wrist and it healed in a second. I'm stronger than a wolf and my blood is toxic to vampires. Tomorrow I'd like to find out if I am fir...
3.8K 209 11
Debbie ran away from home and tells her story...if there wasn't her love Lou.
18.6K 1K 28
after her grandfather died, (y/n) was left to her aunt to care for. she has never met her aunt before, or her roommates or girlfriend. on top of ever...