Feral | ✓

By HalstonCarter-Rose

**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while othe... More

FERAL
FERAL: prologue
FERAL: chapter one
FERAL: chapter two
FERAL: chapter three
FERAL: chapter four
FERAL: chapter five
FERAL: chapter six
FERAL: chapter seven
FERAL: chapter eight
FERAL: chapter nine
FERAL: chapter ten
FERAL: chapter eleven
FERAL: chapter twelve [part one]
FERAL: chapter twelve [part two]
FERAL: chapter thirteen
FERAL: chapter fourteen
FERAL: chapter sixteen
FERAL: chapter seventeen
FERAL: chapter eighteen
FERAL: chapter nineteen
FERAL: chapter twenty
FERAL: chapter twenty-one
FERAL: chapter twenty-two
FERAL: chapter twenty-three
FERAL: chapter twenty-four
FERAL: chapter twenty-five
FERAL: chapter twenty-six
FERAL: chapter twenty-seven
FERAL: chapter twenty-eight
FERAL: chapter twenty-nine [part one]
FERAL: twenty-nine [part two]
FERAL: chapter thirty
FERAL: chapter thirty-one
FERAL: chapter thirty-two
FERAL: chapter thirty-three
FERAL: chapter thirty-four
FERAL: chapter thirty-five
FERAL: chapter thirty-six
FERAL: chapter thirty-seven
FERAL: chapter thirty-eight
FERAL: chapter thirty-nine
FERAL: chapter forty
FERAL: chapter forty-one
FERAL: chapter forty-two
FERAL: chapter forty-three
FERAL: chapter forty-four
FERAL: chapter forty-five
FERAL: chapter forty-six
FERAL: chapter forty-seven
FERAL: epilogue
FERAL: bonus
BASTARD

FERAL: chapter fifteen

19.4K 814 37
By HalstonCarter-Rose

I stared at Onyx as he slept beside me. I felt so bad for him. First he was a feral wolf, next he came here only to be confined to my house, then he had to deal with dad, the council, and the elders, and now that he's shifted, he's still seen as a threat.

Life just wasn't fair.

We still knew barely anything about him though. Part of me wondered if he had any living family. They probably missed him desperately. The fact that he wouldn't be able to remember them if he did have any family broke my heart.

"Gaius," Gray linked me. "I'm on my way to see Glassman, join me and one of the warriors will stay with Onyx."

I slowly peeled myself away from Onyx and changed while I waited for the warrior to come. If there was any hope in finding out just who Onyx was then maybe Glassman could help.

A knock on the door had me racing towards it. When I opened it, Everest stood in the doorway. He was the adopted brother of our head warrior-Moses.

"He's sleeping on the couch. If he wakes up, tell him I went to the store or something and will be back quickly," I told Everest and left before he could reply.

I didn't want Onyx to have to worry about more than he already was.

It was already the afternoon so most of the children weren't out running around like they usually were. Parents were being more careful now after everything that happened with Layne anyways.

When I asked Gray how she was, he said that she was still a little shaken up but was doing much better. Right now, her main concern was the scab that was on her leg from when she hurt it at the playground.

When I reached the cellar, Gray's lingering scent told me he was already inside. Unlocking the door, I made my way inside of it and past the warrior on guard. Near the end of the room, Glassman laid in a cell with Gray standing outside of it.

I walked over to them and Glassman's eyes met mine. They looked so lifeless and desperate.

"Kill me," he begged.

"Doctor Glassman, can you tell us why-" I tried but his wailing interrupted me.

"KILL ME!" He screamed banging his head against the ground.

"STOP!" Gray ordered him while I stared at him with wide eyes.

"They're gonna get me!" Doctor Glassman sobbed.

"Who are they?" I tried again.

"They're gonna kill me and then they're gonna kill you," he looked at me. "And take the feral you love so much. I tried to kill him when you first brought him to the pack but no, you wanted him to live!"

"Who's going to kill you, Glassman?" Gray tried again.

Doctor Glassman broke out into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Tears streamed out of the corner of his eyes and he looked up at Gray.

"You better start looking for a new beta, Alpha. Soon you won't have one."

Gray stared at Glassman before shaking his head and walking away.

"Come on," he called to me. "We aren't going to get answers out of him."

I followed Gray out of the cellar but not before taking one last look back at Doctor Glassman who flashed me a smile.

"He's gone crazy," I shook my head as Gray locked the door. "We're no step closer than we were before visiting him."

I frowned as the two of us walked in silence. I wanted answers; I needed them.

"I was thinking, bring Onyx to my office tomorrow," Gray said.

My brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Maybe he'll be in the missing wolf files. It's a long shot but what do we have to lose by checking?" He shrugged.

"That's a good idea," I told him and I meant it.

The missing wolf files were the names, descriptions, pack affiliations, and more information on wolves that had randomly disappeared. It should've been one of the first things we checked but the files were almost never used these days. Most packs couldn't be bothered to file a report unless the wolf was of a high rank. All packs received them but practically none of the wolves were ever found.

Maybe, just maybe, Onyx would be in there. We wouldn't have much to go off of though so the odds were already stacked against us.

"I'll bring him in the morning," I told Gray who nodded.

When my house came into view I offered Gray a smile before entering. When I walked towards the living room, I saw a very angry Onyx trying to attack Everest.

Racing towards them, I pulled Onyx to me and narrowed my eyes at Everest.

"What the hell happened?" I demanded.

Everest ran a hand through his black hair before sighing.

"He woke up so I told him you went to the store and would be back. I guess he didn't believe me because one minute he's sitting calmly on the couch, next minute he's going batshit crazy!"

Biting my lip to keep from laughing, I apologized to Everest and let him leave. When the door closed, Onyx's eyes moved from it and narrowed at me before his hands crossed over his chest.

"You wereno," he paused. "You were...not at the store," he glared.

"You caught me, I was taking a walk but didn't want to wake you," I told him.

Onyx shook his head at me. "Liar."

The two of us stared at each other before he frowned at me.

"I want to..know," he said before nodding. "I want to know," he repeated more firmly.

I didn't want to tell him. He wouldn't even remember just who Glassman was and there was no significant information gained. There was no point burdening him with more questions that we wouldn't be able to answer yet.

"I had to meet up with Gray and go visit someone," I told him and it technically wasn't a lie.

Onyx stared at me for a second before nodding. I smiled before standing up to go change. Onyx gripped the back of my shirt before I could leave.

"Take..me next time," his eyes narrowed.

I laughed slightly at him before nodding and going to change. When I entered the room, my smile dropped as I thought over Doctor Glassman's words.

Where these people so dangerous to the point where he wanted to die? He used to be so full of life but now I can't even recognize him. What did he mean by they would kill me? Surely he was lying.

That's what I wanted to believe anyways.

The more questioning I did, the fewer answers I received. I was tired of doing all this digging and never making any progress. I wanted this to be over so Onyx and I could finally live in peace but I knew that wasn't going to happen- not yet.

There was still a mountain of unanswered questions, secrets, and lies we had to get through. If that was the way for the two of us to be together in the end, then so be it.

I'll climb that mountain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 1.7K 35
Book #3 of The Bonds of Fate series. "Why?" She cried, her entire world shattering before her very feet. "Why are you doing this?" He was not lookin...
1.2M 30.6K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
160K 8.5K 61
**This is a SEQUEL you need to read Feral first** Wolves. They're family oriented creatures and werewolves are no different. Returning home after be...
120K 4K 39
COMPLETED #4 in Parts as of 03-11-2018!! Grey Moon pack is one of the powerful packs in the world. It's Alpha and Beta are the pillars of the pack. B...