Along the Lines of Love | βœ“

Por anamika_writes

He doesn't know what love is but he knows he doesn't want to be lonely. She knows what love is but also know... MΓ‘s

Prelude
β€’ β€’ Part 1 : The Wedding Chronicles β€’ β€’
Chapter 1 : Friends
Chapter 2 : Bon AppΓ©tit
Chapter 3 : A Proper Date
Chapter 4 : Dilemma
Chapter 5 : Approval?
Chapter 6 : How I met your mother!
Chapter 7 : Unsettled Matters
Chapter 8 : A Day Well Spent
Chapter 9 : Pending Decisions
Chapter 10 : It's A Yes
Chapter 11 : Wedding On The Cards
Chapter 12 : Save The Date
Chapter 13 : Starting The Preparations
Chapter 14 : Affianced
Chapter 15 : Just The Beginning
Chapter 16 : Picturesque
Chapter 17 : Happy Birthday
Chapter 18 : A Few Firsts
Chapter 19 : All Set
Chapter 20 : The Wedding Night
Chapter 21 : Day One
Chapter 22 : Conversations
Chapter 23 : Newlyweds
Chapter 24 : New Feelings
Chapter 25 : Scars Of The Past
Chapter 26 : Bitterness
Chapter 27 : Domestic Affairs
Chapter 28 : Tiny Expectations
Chapter 29 : Uncomfortable Experiences
Chapter 30 : Brewing Affection
Chapter 31 : Disappointment
Chapter 32 : Heartfelt Reflections
Chapter 33 : Disagreements & Agreements
Chapter 34 : Comforting Companionship
Chapter 35 : Family
Chapter 36 : Sprouting Appetency
Chapter 37 : Onset Of Newer Feelings
Chapter 38 : Over An Orgasm
Chapter 39 : Heart-to-Heart
Chapter 40 : Welcome back
Chapter 41 : Kiss & Miss
Chapter 42 : Harmony
Chapter 43 : Pre-Honeymoon Jitters
Chapter 44 : Surprise!
Chapter 45 : Late Nights
Chapter 46 : Just Couple Things
Chapter 47 : An Evening In Paris
Chapter 48 : Closer Than Before
Chapter 49 : Deepening Bonds
Chapter 50 : For Happiness
β€’ β€’ Part 2 : The Marriage Chronicles β€’ β€’
Chapter 51 : Back Home
Chapter 52 : Her Confidante
Chapter 53 : Perfect
Chapter 54 : Sweet Progress
Chapter 55 : Unpleasant Situations
Chapter 56 : His Apology
Chapter 57 : New Home
Chapter 58 : Strong Feelings
Chapter 59 : Heart To Heart
Chapter 60 : Quality Time
Chapter 61 : Reunion
Chapter 62 : Their First
Chapter 63 : Moments
Chapter 64 : Sunday Outing
Chapter 65 : His Interest
Chapter 66 : In Sickness & Health
Chapter 67 : Third Time's The Charm?
Chapter 69 : His Silver Lining
Chapter 70 : Valentine's Day
Chapter 71 : Hurt & Heal
Chapter 72 : Heartache
Chapter 73 : Apologies & Guilt
Chapter 74 : Uncomfortable Conversations
Interlude
Chapter 75 : Troubling Thoughts
Chapter 76 : Conversations
Chapter 77 : Pleasured & Pleased
Chapter 78 : Joy
Chapter 79 : Newfound Happiness
Chapter 80 : Second Innings
Epilogue
Epilogue : II

Chapter 68 : Pillow Talk

13.8K 1.2K 371
Por anamika_writes

- - - - ♡ - - - -

aankhon ki zubaan

kare hai bayan kaha aankaha

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Nikhil retreated inside the room from the balcony after his call with Arun. It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and he was bored. He picked up the book and settled on the couch resting his feet on the table. He had barely turned the pages to the chapter three when his wife walked in.

Sarees suited her so much. His gaze ran up and down her figure, as she made her way to him. She brought along a bowl of the sweet.

"Here, it's prasadam." She said

He opened his mouth and she guided a spoonful into his mouth.

"You made it?" He asked chewing the sweet.

"Yes, for the offering." She said, taking a step away.

"Sharanya,"

"Hmm," she turned.

"Can I have some more?"

Sharanya smiled, she was expecting that. "I brought this entire bowl for you."

"No wonder the bowl is so small." He muttered taking the bowl from her hand.

She settled beside him, her gaze lowering to the book he had placed on the couch on his lap.

"You had?" He asked savouring the sweet.

"Yeah, a bite." She said, pulling the drawer out of the table to get her hands on the chocolate bar.

He watched as she unwrapped the chocolate with a smile on her face.

"You're choosing bitter chocolate over this sweet?"

"Yes," she answered.

Nikhil turned towards her, putting his feet down. "You don't feel like eating sweet at all? I mean you're always avoiding sweets. I can't imagine a day without sweets."

"Human body doesn't need sugar. On the contrary sugar consumption can lead to a lot of diseases. Pre-diabetes for instance," she said turning to him.

Nikhil placed the empty bowl on the table and turned to look at her. He knew well she was reminding him of his elevated blood sugar levels.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." Nikhil said, his arm stretching out on the back rest of the couch. "I was thinking, I might have to take an appointment, to spend time with you."

Sharanya smiled, her hands trying to break a piece, from the chocolate bar. "Now, it's not my fault that you don't like going to temples."

"I wasn't invited." Nikhil said, his gaze fixed on her cheek.

She turned to him, "I asked you to come along. But clearly because Saahil was coming you didn't want to come."

Nikhil sighed looking away, momentarily. He took the chocolate from her hand and almost effortlessly broke a piece.

"Thanks," Sharanya mumbled as he handed it to her. She knew his mood had turned sour just like it had in the morning when she had informed him that Amma had asked Saahil to drive them to the temple.

Nikhil watched as she tried to break the piece into a still smaller piece. "Bite into it." He suggested, observing her futile attempts.

"It's going to hurt my teeth." She said.

He rolled his eyes and took the piece from between her fingers and bit into it. Giving her the remaining half. "You don't eat non veg. That's why your teeth are not strong enough."

"You just needed an excuse for having a piece." She muttered, poping the piece into her mouth.

Nikhil smiled, giving in to his desire of running his knuckles against her neck. Sharanya stiffened hear head slowly turning to him. His fingers touched the strands of hair that curtained the side of her face, pushing it behind her ear. His fingers lingered down her cheek.

Sharanya shifted a little away, his hand slowly dropping down to her hand. "So, you..." her words paused as she caught his gaze that was fixed on her. "Are still reading this?" She asked, trying to steer his attention away from whatever his intentions were.

"Yes, I am." He said leaning forward, his left hand holding her right hand. His other hand reached the shoulder where his saree was pinned. Sharanya stilled as his face inched closers to hers. She swallowed the lump that had formed on her throat, as his gaze momentarily cascaded down to her lips.

She felt his fingers trace the edge of her saree. His fingertips reached her neck, and started moving lower, pushing down the material. His eyes lowered. "That's what a hickey looks like." He mused, pointing to a brownish red spot

Sharanya blushed looking at him. She couldn't even tell the spot where she had tried to give him one.

He smiled. "You have that look on your face."

Sharanya had to struggle to pay attention to his words. That smile was so damn gorgeous. "What's on my face?" She asked, not realizing she hadn't listened properly. Her hand flew up to touch her cheek.

Nikhil was amused. He wondered if he really had that effect on her. It made him feel nice, confident about himself. Then again, Sharanya always made him feel comfortable in his own skin. "That look you had last night." He answered honestly.

She looked everywhere but at him. Her heartbeat was picking up pace. Her stomach beginning to form those knots. Was it so evident on her face? Her restless eyes settled on the book. "That's where you got the idea of hickey from." She spoke her thoughts aloud.

Nikhil nodded and then a full blown grin spread out on his face. "So, you finally admit to reading it."

He thoroughly enjoyed the myriad of small changes that happened on her face. Her eyebrows arching, her eyes widening and lips parting. She met his gaze, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"I assumed." She managed to say, in her defence.

"It's not a sin if you've read it." He said softly, shifting closer to her. His hand aimlessly gliding up her neck.

"Nikhil, what are you doing?" She whispered. In the broad daylight, they were in their room whose door was wide open and Nikhil was touching her in ways that was making her heartbeat frantic.

"We can discuss the book, you know." He murmured, his fingers reaching her ears, down which hung pretty jhumkas. His finger gently tapped the jhumka.

"Nikhil," she held his hand, her uneven breathing pretty evident. Sharanya felt hot all over. When Nikhil got down to talking like that, he made one hell of a sexy man. His low voice, his dilated pupils and the desire in his eyes. How could all of that not make her feel weak and giddy?

Nikhil didn't deter. His face tilted, inching closer to the crook of her neck. Sharanya's grip on his hand tightened. Her eyes closed as he ran his tongue up the column of her neck. Sharanya gasped. That was... hot! She felt the pulsating warmth between her legs. God, she would go insane at this rate.

"Have you ever had wet dreams?" He breathed his curiosity into her ears.

Sharanya gulped. Her body was reacting to his touches, his closeness. Her mind was being seduced by his words. She had never felt so weak, so overpowered by the needs of her body. She moved closer and quickly captured his lips, passionately.

She felt his hand reach behind her head pulling her closer. Her right hand pressed against his cheek, her other hand still having a iron grip on his wrist. His mouth tasted of cinnamon from the sweet and chocolate.

Nikhil broke the kiss and looked at her. He was clearly surprised at her advances. He looked down at her hand that clung to his. She released his hand realizing her finger nails had dug into his skin, leaving slight marks. His hand held her wrist, caressing the gold bangle she always wore, moving lower towards her elbow.

"Not now Maa," they heard Saahil's voice and Sharanya quickly scooted away, her cheeks hot, hurriedly running a hand over her saree.

Nikhil drew out a long breath. He picked up the cushion that had fallen on the floor, putting it over his lap. It was like someone had splashed cold water on his face to rudely wake him up.

"I will go change." She said getting up, as she noticed Saahil cross their bedroom. He had his headphones on and was oblivious to their careful gazes. He was probably headed to the terrace room for his workout.

"We can continue what we stopped." Nikhil said and she turned to look at him. "If you want to," He added softly. His eyes looking at her.

"Now?" Sharanya asked. It was so damn odd, to talk about it.

"Is there an unsaid rule that it should be done at night?"

Sharanya blushed, turning away as a silent chuckle left her mouth. She walked to the door and slowly closed it, locking it. She turned to find him watching her like a hunter observes his prey. Sharanya hitched in a breath.

Sharanya slowly crossed the room and walked over to him. Leaning in, she kissed his lips, her hand releasing the pin that held the saree's end against her blouse while his hands caressed her backside eagerly.

* * *

Sharanya drew out a breath staring at herself in the mirror of the washroom. Her eyes lowering to the hickey. A small smile graced her lips.

It all went well until the part where, she didn't come like he did. She wondered if there was something really wrong with her. She assumed she'd eventually get used to it and feel that tsunami of pleasure, that sex was supposed to rock you with.

This time it was a different experience. With every time, it got better. It was like they were slowly understanding how to do it right. Just like their kisses were much better than the initial ones. She had never thought that the couch would have sufficient space. Everything was so exciting. She wasn't even nervous this time around.

Her cheeks were flushed, spots on her neck and chest were still wet with his kisses. She was almost sure, that this time she would also have it. Her heartbeats had shot up, the pleasure was building up, and she could feel, that something good was coming.

But it ended the same way, at least for her. Nikhil probably had his best yet, she assumed, judging by the way his face contoured, eyes squeezed shut and that sexy grunt, with which he collapsed over her.

Sharanya bit her lower lip, her gaze lowering to the V between her legs. Her hands following her gaze. Her right forefinger delving between her thighs. She paused momentarily, deliberating.

Closing her eyes she took a deep breath. Hesitancy slowly faded as her mind helped her supplying the images of her husband. Her fingers gliding across her slick flesh.

Her upper teeth came down harder on her lower lip. Her body leaned against the marble that held the washbasin. Her fingers began working slowly. It felt good.

Her fingers began moving faster.

Her eyelids flew open, widening at the sheer sensation; her lips parted, forming the perfect O as her fast rubbing fingers caused waves of pleasure. Her knees trembled and she gripped tighter onto the marble with her left hand. The two fingers of her right hand moving still faster.

She bit still harder onto her lips to not let out a sound.

Minutes later she was breathing hard, satisfaction spreading out on her face as she tilted her head back, panting, as warm liquid soaked her.

* * *

Sharanya climbed onto the bed and settled beside her husband who was reading. She was in a pretty good mood since the late afternoon. And so was he. He had helped her with planning the baby shower for Gargi. With him around things became so easy.

He closed the book, placing it aside on the nightstand. She shifted closer to him. He turned to her with surprised, putting his arm around her. Their gazes locked. She kissed his cheek with a radiant smile blooming on her face.

"Someone's getting all...romantic today." He teased, his hand resting underneath her chin, titling her face up. He lowered his lips on hers. Softly brushing their lips. He pulled away with a smile.

Sharanya found herself feeling all comfortable yet nervous. It was nerve-wracking when he teased. Sharanya found herself feeling very vulnerable.

"What are you thinking?" He asked softly.

"Nothing," she whispered, looking away from his eyes.

Nikhil let his fingers gently caress her arms. "I .."

"Hmm," her gaze returned to his eyes.

He cleared his throat. "We..., I didn't use a condom in the afternoon. I realized later." He said sheepishly.

Sharanya stilled for a moment and then smiled, nodding. The heat of the moment had clearly blurred the sane parts of their mind.

"Let's talk about it." He said softly.

Sharanya met his gaze again. "The consequence could be that by our first wedding anniversary, we'll be parents." Sharanya said. Trying not to blush.

Nikhil grinned at the way she put it. Then putting on a solemn face he said, "I don't really mind."

"I don't mind that too." She said. She was tired of being scared and continuously thinking of future possibilities. It was tiring. Will they be parents? Will their marriage become just another part of their life that they had to put up with or would it be like this— harmonious, something they looked forward to at the end of their day.

She couldn't stop thinking about it all.

"Are we going too fast?" He asked warily.

"I hope not." She managed to say, wearing on a small namesake smile. "Nikhil,"

"Hmm," He responded, his forefinger rolling a lock of her hair around his finger.

Sharanya's heart thudded hard. She couldn't find the courage to say what she wanted to.

"Wake me up before you leave for your jog tomorrow." She said.

"Uh, sure. Any particular plans?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah, I need to start yoga again. I have put on two kilograms since our check up."

"Where did you check your weight?"

"A pay and use weighing scale, at the bus stop." She answered.

Nikhil was thoughtful. He recollected hearing from the gynaecologist he had visited that she should shed some weight.

"What are you thinking?" Sharanya said, letting her fingers sink in the grooves between his fingers, as their hands rested on his chest.

"That you don't even eat much and you have put on two kilograms. I must have put on four then. Or maybe the machine was faulty."

Sharanya smiled, "could be. But I think I have become unhealthy after the wedding."

"Are you trying to say, I am a bad influence?" He asked looking down at her.

"Maybe." She held back her smile. Her eyes sparkling, as she met his. "I wake up late, I eat all that I should be avoiding and I don't do yoga and I skip walks."

Nikhil was momentarily distracted by her lips. Overcoming the shift of his attention, he spoke up, "You're the healthiest person I know. So, cut yourself some slack okay."

"Hmm," Sharanya looked away. No matter what she did, no matter how much she was strict about her diet or about her habits she some how ended up gaining weight. She shouldn't have left yoga, that was the only thing keeping her weight and hormones in check.

"You take too much stress." He said.

"I take stress? Really? Have you seen yourself?"

"I don't take stress." He remarked, almost anticipating her to get defensive by blaming it on him.

Sharanya shook her head, expressing her disagreement. "Ask Amma if you want. You're practically work work work on six days out of seven. Sometimes it's like, even if you're having a conversation with me, you're thinking about work."

Nikhil's face muscles tensed up. He blinked processing what he had heard. Was she trying to imply that he wasn't present in their relationship? Granted, he wasn't as good a listener as she was. But he really made efforts to listen when she spoke instead of anticipating and having thoughts run in his head. He had heard something similar from his mother a couple of times back in time. But he had always discarded it, reasoning that his mother didn't understand his work.

Sharanya pulled a little away and watched his face. Maybe she said too much. She straightened up and gave his hand a squeeze. "Nikhil, I didn't mean it in a way to offend or criticize you. I just said what I think ."

He turned to her. There was something so comforting about her. She could literally offend him in the worst way possible and give him that look and easily get off the hook.

"I am sorry, if I..." She paused when his index finger pressed against her lips.

"I absolutely hate it, when you apologize for something that's not even your fault. And for the record, I don't mean to offend you .. it's just..."

"I understand," she said pulling away from his finger.

"It's raining," she said as the pitter patter of raindrops became clearer with their silence. She rested her head on his shoulder, once again. Her arm wrapping around his.

Nikhil turned his head a little towards her lowering his eyes on her. A slow smile inched up his face. He pressed a kiss on her hair and tilted his head against hers.

Sharanya's lips instantly curved up. This was new. She had always wanted this. It was a perfect, romantic rainy night and she had the company of her husband.

"Your hands are cold," He said as their hands came together, their fingers playing with each other.

"Yours are warm." She said, interweaving her fingers with his.

"You're happy, right?" He spoke out his mind.

Sharanya slowly tilted her face away from his shoulder looking up at him. He slowly turned and lowered his gaze to her face, in search of the answer.

"Do I not look happy?" She asked putting on a teasing smile.

He managed a weak smile that disappeared quickly. "It's just hard to figure out." He admitted honestly. "You're the kind who'd wear a smile even if you have complaints. And frankly, I find it really difficult to read you." He paused, wondering if he was talking too much.

Sharanya wore a smile, despite the difficult feeling in her heart. He was probably understanding her... the real her. She wondered if it was a good thing or not. He was her husband, he must know the parts of her that were very private to her. But again, what if he didn't like those parts. What if those parts were things he didn't sign up for?

"Did I say too much?" He asked after a long pause.

"Maybe, maybe not." Her answer was truthful.

Nikhil broke into a soft chuckle.

"What's so funny?" She asked turning to him with her eyes narrowed.

"I just found it funny. I mean, like, I never imagined we'd be having this conversation." He wasn't the only one who was disputed about every little thing in life. Sharanya was like him when it came to things. They both had a tendency to be confused in some situations while clear headed in the tough spots life put them at.

Sharanya's lips curved up. She didn't exactly know what he meant by that. She didn't question it either. Suddenly they're growing closer to each other. She was glad that their relationship was slowly having the roots go deeper. But the deeper the roots went, the more permanent they became.

But if life had thought her anything, it was that nothing was permanent. And that was exactly why, she was scared.

"Do you plan to sleep?" He spoke after a long pause. Wondering what she could be thinking about.

Sharanya's eyes widened a wee bit and her lips parted as she looked at him.

Nikhil caught the look on her face and mumbled, "I didn't mean that. I meant do you want to sleep right away or we can talk some more or even just sit like this... in silence."

Sharanya kept looking at him unconvinced.

"You have it on your mind. Not me." He muttered, picking up his phone.

"Of course, Nikhil." She muttered, before peeping at his phone over his shoulder. Was it really not his way of finding out if he had a chance of getting into her pants, for the second time in the day? She watched as he set the alarm, closed all other applications and put his phone back on to the nightstand. He picked up the book.

"Let me read to you," He suggested, playfully. At least he had learned how to get her to react.

Sharanya snatched the book from his hand quickly. "No!"

Nikhil turned to her with a grin, trying to get the book back. It ended with her under him. They both laughed.

Sharanya felt that weird feeling again. His laughter made him look so adorable. Her hands reached out to his cheek as he smiled looking down at her as his laughter faded.

"You should smile and laugh often." Her voice was smooth.

"Sharanya,"

"Hmm,"

"Let the book go,"

Sharanya blinked, panicking a bit. Why did she anticipate something else? Absent-minded, she let the book go and he grabbed it and got off her turning to his side. He kept the book back on the nightstand.

He couldn't believe he just did that to get her to react like she did, all aggressive. But boy, if he had stayed any longer in that compromising position, he wouldn't be able to think with his mind, it would be his body dictating the terms.

"I am sleepy," He said laying down beside her. His arm wrapping around her. He pressed a kiss against her cheek.

Sharanya smiled, turning her face to him. Turning towards him, she let her arm rest around him.

"I don't know how couples sleep hugging each other." He mumbled, his hand shifting, his lower body trying to find a comfortable position.

Sharanya was amused. "It's not that hard, is it?" Her fingers caressed his cheek. His gaze quickly met hers.

"You pull the blanket at night and sometimes you hit my face." He said with a straight face.

Sharanya had to stop expecting romantic stuff from him. "Really? You're the one whose pulling the blanket away."

"No, it's you. I have to come all the way to your side to be inside it."

"And that's why I don't get space."

"Maybe we should just start using separate blankets "

"Yes, good idea." Sharanya said pulling the blanket to herself.

Nikhil looked at her taken aback. There was this part of her, who was ... like a little stubborn girl. It was very rare that she'd let the other person be the mature one in the room. But in moments like these, where she let him be the mature one, he realized that he was getting fond of this rare part of her, he was liking to be the one who could pamper.

"Get yourself another one." She said.

"From tomorrow," He muttered, pulling the blanket over himself.

"Okay, switch off the light at least." She giggled, as his hand somehow ended up against the side of her waist.

"You're ticklish?" He asked surprised.

"What! No, switch off the light, please."

Nikhil wasn't convinced. Nonetheless he let out a sigh and sat up, moving to the edge of the bed. He stretched his arm trying to reach the switch over the night stand.

"You could have switched it off, far more easily if you had got off the bed." She pointed out as he returned to snuggle inside the blanket over a minute later.

"From tomorrow you can take that duty." He said, hugging her.

Sharanya smiled looking at him, her forehead rested against his. This was so wholesome. She never thought she'd have this one day.

She felt his hand slip inside her t-shirt.

"Nikhil," she whispered.

"Not what you're thinking. Just needed some warmth." He spoke. His hands moving up her back. His hand roved over her smooth skin, moving all the way up.

Sharanya took deep breaths. His touch was gentle. It was relaxing. But weirdly, she began wanting those touched everywhere. "Nikhil!" She muttered.

He withdrew his hand from inside her t-shirt and placed it over the fabric of her t-shirt, realizing that his touch was probably making her uncomfortable, or in other words, arousing her. He smiled knowing that he wasn't the only one who had become weak to her touches, it was a two-way thing.

"I want to turn." She said after few minutes. He loosened his grip and she turned. He shifted closer spooning her.

"Good night," she said, placing her hand against his, that rested on her tummy.

"Good night, sweet dreams." He said in a low voice.

"Don't blame me if my head hits you when I turn again," she said, her eyes smiling.

His hold around her got firm. "I won't!" A smile spread out on his face. She made him a happy man.

• • • • •

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. 

I loved reading the comments on the last chapter. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this one. 

-Anami!♡

Don't forget to hit the vote button if you're enjoying.

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

407K 38.4K 50
β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. He has craved to be in an intimate relati...
307K 25.5K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
310K 19.6K 46
An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is different. Another gleaming image of confi...
953K 75.5K 65
Separated by distance united by hearts. But what happens when time leaves insecurities etched on hearts? A couple try to rekindle love that they onc...