The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 馃
The Beginning 馃
Growing up 馃
Sweet Success 馃
Graduation 馃
Celebracion 馃
What a Day 馃
Irene's Day 馃
Tita Mommy 馃
Continuation 馃
Acts of Kindness 馃
Casual Day 馃
Piece of Art 馃
Anuncio馃
Quick Trip 馃
Imeldefic馃
Terno馃
Old Photographs馃
Empresa馃
Unforseen 馃
Flee 馃
Errands 馃
Episodes馃
Invited 馃
Los Angeles ?
Prep 馃
Infante 馃
Noche Buena 馃
New Year 馃
Momentos 馃
Bloom 馃
Besties 馃
The Return 馃
Secure 馃
ARA 馃
Amable 馃
Jealousy 馃
Disculpas 馃
Proclamation Rally 馃
Uniteam 馃
Bulacan 馃
Noticias 馃
Perd贸n 馃
Ava 馃
La Catedral 馃
Descubrimiento 馃
Sobreviviente 馃
Ecuestre 馃
Activista 馃
Talento 馃
Extranar 馃
馃
Compartir 馃
馃
Unica Hija 馃
H茅roe 馃
Reuni贸n 馃
Pap谩 馃
Generaci贸n 馃
Supper 馃
Miting De Avance 馃
Miting De Avance .2 馃
Continuation 馃
Mother's Day 馃
Elecci贸n 馃
Mansi贸n 馃
El Triunfo 馃
Despu茅s 馃
Agridulce 馃
Elegido 馃
Unity 馃
Ocupado 馃
Triste 馃
Inauguraci贸n 馃
Finalmente 馃
Apo Lakay 馃
馃
M煤sica 馃
Imprevista 馃
馃
Miedo 馃
Apegada 馃
Creciendo 馃
Evolucionando 馃
Vida 馃
Temor 馃
Ni帽a 馃
Bazar 馃
Homenaje 馃
Alegr铆a 馃
Apreciar 馃
Monarca 馃
El Fin 馃

Siblings 馃

615 16 1
By ItsYysabelleEe

The Aranetas had just rested from their Christmas celebration and they received numerous phone calls from family and friends greeting them a Merry Christmas. Several zoom parties for their virtual Christmas party since they are still super cautious, particularly of their family in the Philippines, due to the virus.

Tony, their family friend contacted Greggy and did invite him to go to the Oysterfest if they were free, as well as his family if available. Greggy quickly asked his wife Irene whether she would like to go, and she said she was fine with that as well.

Greggy also asked his children to join them, and they gladly agreed, particularly his two boys, who love shellfish and the outdoor live entertainment at the event's venue.

While Xandra will not be there, she has said that she will take care of the children because her eldest kid is also not feeling well too, and she has stated that she wants his husband to spend quality time with his siblings and parents just like the old times.

Luis: Thank you, wife! *kissed Xandra*
Xandra: Go have fun with your family, will be alright here.

Luis: We will, call me if you need anything.
Xandra: Will do my love.

Irene, Greggy, and their children were getting ready to go when Alfonso agreed to drive them and that they would use one car, and everyone nodded. They conversed with each other and talked about their uncle Bong's candidacy while they were traveling.

Luis: Mom, are you going home for Uncle Bong's proclamation rally? Coz I and Xandra are attending.
Irene: Hmmm, I think we are home na by that time.

Greggy: Of course, we will all be there to support your Tito.
Alfonso: Alright then, we should go there together

Luis: For sure, crowds are a lot, we should at least be early
Irene: Yes, we should be.

Yara: I want to go to and support Tito Pops, can I, daddy?

Everyone became silent when Yara asked because of what had occurred to her the prior, but her parents replied by saying.

Irene: Are you sure you wanna come, little girl?
Greggy: Are you not scared,hija?

Yara: Am fine na po and besides I got you all, right? You won't let that happen to me again, right?
Greggy: Daddy will make certain of that hija.

Irene: And me too, my baby. *hugged her daughter*

(Greggy's POV)
If only I could say no to our little girl, I wouldn't want to let Yara attend, but I also want her to feel safe and that nothing bad will happen to her again.

Yara: Thank you, mommy and daddy!

(Yara's POV)
Thank goodness, and my parents agreed to take me to Tito Pops' rally. I know there are many uncertainties, but I want to face those fears, and my willingness to support Tito Pops dominates, and I know my family will safeguard me no matter what.

Luis: We got you too, Shobs!
Alfonso: Will be your extra bodyguards for that day, will promise that

Luis: Agree, no need to worry mom and dad. Yara's six all-boys cousins plus his two brothers are gonna protect her, right Yar?
Yara: *giggling* Yes, of course! Thank you Ahia and Shoti!

(Irene's POV)
Hopefully, when we go to Bonget's proclamation rally in a few months, everything will be well and nothing unpleasant will happen, especially to Yara so she will fully come out of her shell and be comfortable with people slowly.

They figured to go to the Los Gatos Luxury Car dealership before going to the feast venue to look at the latest models among several luxurious and colorful automobiles. They just go on and on, discussing the many sorts of vehicles and their specifications, as though they're the only ones who understand one another.

Yara: Mama, why do you not know how to drive?
Irene: Am scared, darling.

Yara: It is really scary tho, Tita Mommy doesn't know how to!
Irene: Yes, Manang doesn't know to *laughing*

Yara: Only Tito Pop's marunong to drive!
Irene: Yes, he needs to *giggling*

Greggy: Want to learn how to drive, hija? Will teach you
Yara: Hmm, will think of it but maybe soon daddy.

Irene: That's alright to know but you need kasama to practice, it's risky.
Greggy: I will be Yara's teacher, babe. No worries

Irene: Good! Will make payag to that terms
Yara: Mama being so aloof and protective *laughing*

Irene: Of course! You're our only girl!

They burst out laughing because Alfonso and Luis quipped that they would buy Greggy a car, but he should also buy it for them, they thank the staff for assisting them as well as they left right away to go to Oysterfest. Irene was holding her daughter's hand as they walked to the event, and they were looking for Tony.

Yara: Mommy, look they're selling tie-dye clothes there o!
Irene: You want to buy it?

Yara: No, it's too colorful for me but it's fun to see.
Irene: Yes, it's nice.

Luis: There's a painting too!
Alfonso: Mom, will like it

Greggy: Your mom and sister are there na nga, look at them.
Luis: Oh they're there na pala, will take stolen pictures of them.

Irene at Yara finds those displayed paintings interesting as they try to illustrate each of them while Luis is taking photos of her mother and sister. Suddenly, Yara sees Tony.

Yara: Tito Tony!
Tony: Irene! Yara! Where's your daddy?

Irene: Tony! *beso* they're right there *pointing*
Tony: Great! Fons and Luis are here!

Greggy: Tony!
Tony: Gorio! Glad you made it!

Greggy: Thanks for inviting us too!

Tony: Hey, men!
Alfonso/Luis: Hi Uncle Tony!

Tony: Follow me guys, we have tables all ready for us.
Greggy: Alright

Greggy simply followed Tony to their reserved table before choosing to buy oysters so that they could enjoy their feast as well as see Tony's companions.

While their kids are just talking while walking to their seats and singing along with the music playing.

Irene: Dear, Sandra! Hello! *beso*
Sandra: Irene! It's nice to see you again! Your kids are so tall! And, your daughter is sobrang pretty!

Irene: Awww, thank you, Sandra. Yara, come you say hi to them.
Yara: Hi Tita. *mano*

Sandra: Still the mahiyaing only girl of the Araneta's, how young is your pretty girl, Irene?
Irene: She's 15 now, turning 16 in March.

Sandra: Awww, how time flies. She was too small back then pa.
Irene: I know, wish she stays like when she was before.

Sandra: I couldn't agree more, but she's your minime talaga, gandang bata.
Yara: Thank you, Tita *shyly replied*

A concert festival where oysters may be the true stars of the show, with a shuck and suck menu featuring various oyster recipes. The Aranetas got to choose what they wanted and then wait for it before returning to their table to eat.

Luis: Dad, try this!
Greggy: BBQ oysters?

Luis: Yes, It's good right?
Greggy: Hmm, yes but still prefers to have the fresh ones

Luis: Right, the classic is still good.
Alfonso: Got you an ice-cold beer, guys.

Luis: Thanks, brother!
Tony: They have so many bars around the premises

Alfonso: True enough, uncle.

Yara: Ahia! The Ghostland Observatory is singing!
Alfonso: Right! They're the singers am thinking of when I heard them!

Luis: Oh that "electro-dance soul rock"
Yara: Yas, that's them! *laughing*

Irene: Yar, baby try this smoked oyster salad. It's really good.
Yara: Hmmm, oh wow! It's so good mama!

Irene: What did you get, babe?
Greggy: Oyster shooters, darling.

Yara: Can I try, dad?
Greggy: Sure, koala bear.

Irene and Sandra talk about Irene's daughter Yara while waiting for their oyster to be prepared at one of the festival's vendors and while sipping their beverages.

Sandra: Super bagets the outfit Irene!
Irene: Perks of having a daughter, Sand. My glasses, she bought them.

Sandra: Suits you! She's super sweet to you talaga
Irene: She is. Sometimes, his dad makes selos nga.

Sandra: Really? Funny, Greggy.
Irene: And I love it that way, to be honest, *laughing*

Sandra: *laughing* Mommy's happiness indeed

Yara: Mommy Irene! Tita Sandra!
Irene: Yes, hija?

Yara: Smile! 1,2,3

After taking a photo of her mom, Yara ran immediately to her dad and showed him the pic, as well as her older brother Luis.

Irene: Careful, little girl! You might stumble and get hurt.
Yara: Yes, mama!

Sandra: Grabe, look naman you're daughter is really the sweetest, look how she is with her dad and her kuya's, so cute, Irene
Irene: She's really the sweetest and the sunshine of the family.

Sandra: Diba she's really into arts too, right?
Irene: Yes, she is! She's super magaling too! And even her voice, I just can't get enough of it.

Sandra: I wanna hear her sing.
Irene: Maybe soon, when she's not too shy na, only her Lola Imelda can make her sing.

Sandra: Oh, oo nga daw eh, but soon she'll be used to it.
Irene: But in school, she's performing naman but mostly she's using her instruments

Sandra: Indeed, the little Victoria of yours, Irene
Irene: Couldn't agree with you Sand and we love that sweet little girl of mine so much

Sandra: Yara is everyone's life, am one of the living witnesses to that too, such a blessed girl.

Yara took pictures of her family and her parents' friends with her brother's camera, while they ate oysters and conversed

The boys chose to stroll around in the Oysterfest vicinity while Irene stayed at her table with her friends and made chikas because Yara was tired already and her mom noticed that she was sleepy.

Irene: Yar, *tap her daughter* little girl, you can lean on mommy's shoulder or lay down on my lap.
Yara: Can I mama? I just wanna nap for awhile

Irene: Sure,hija. Come to mommy.
Yara: Thank you, mom! *kissed Irene's cheeks*

Irene stroked her daughter's hair and caressed her face while she slept on her lap, and she wrapped her extra scarf around Yara's legs to keep her warm while she talked to her friends.

Yara slept for over an hour and then woke up, thanking her mom for the good sleep and simply leaning on her mommy while Irene hugged her daughter.

Yara: Thank you, mama!
Irene: All for you, little girl *smooched her*

Sandra: Hay, I am really inggit with how close and sweet you to are! How I wish my kids are as affectionate as Yara.

Irene and Yara just smiled at what Sandra told them, while Greggy and his children arrived with Tony a few minutes later, pleased with what they had seen at the event.

Since they knew their sister Yara loved paintings, Luis and Alfonso bought her a personalized artwork with her name written on it, and Yara was ecstatic and thanked her older brothers.

(Irene's POV)
These two sons of mine are very sweet to their younger sister, and looking at them brought back memories of when it was just the five of us traveling, it was just me, my Greggy, Fons, and Luis, and our only girl, Yara.

They said a fond farewell to Tony and Sandra as they have a long drive home and will first stop at Boiling Crabs for a drive-thru or take out so that they can have a family meal with Xandra and the kids since Alfonso and Andy will be back in the Philippines tomorrow and Luis will be with Xandra's relatives to celebrate the new year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 10.4K 108
There lived a mother named Irene whose heart bore a deep and unending ache as many years ago, a devastating storm had swept through their lives as sh...
Dream Land By Ali

Fanfiction

3.3K 182 7
Grief is a lonely emotion that inherently has strong feelings. Pain is the proof of life. Pain lives inside us. Our lives come to an end with pain...
34.3K 1.7K 32
Is it too late to fix everything? Are they still fixing things between them or keep hurting each other by bringing up the past and the life that she...