Hold My Hand

By gourab2005

Cam is a seventeen year old. That's what his birth certificate says. But due to some medical reasons, he stop... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 10

7.6K 106 9
By gourab2005

Fiona carries a sleeping Cam into the living room. She lays him down on the couch and goes out to bring the bags in.

She organizes Cam's closet. Coming to the kitchen, she washes the plates, sippy cups, fork and spoons, and bottles. She puts everything in the cupboard.

She sees her dog Mac, sleeping in his dog bed. She remembers Cam wants to see the dog again. But Fiona has to feed Cam first.

She finally sits on the couch, running her fingers through Cam's hair.

"Wake up, baby. Let's get some food in your belly." Fiona pats Cam's back, attempting to wake him up.

Cam whines loudly, rolling over. "Noooo, sleep more."

Fiona ultimately starts tickling him, which at last wakes him up.

"You are mean." Cam huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah, so mean." Fiona picks him up, carrying him to the kitchen.

She places him on the counter and reheats the food.

"Buddy, do you want water or juice?"

"Orange juice!" Cam shouts, standing on the counter. The nap recharged his energy.

"Don't stand on the counter, baby. You could hurt yourself." Fiona rushes to the counter, setting him down on the floor. The counter is high enough for Cam, to give him some serious injuries.

"I wasn't even doing anything." Cam says, looking up at Fiona.

"Better safe than sorry, baby." Fiona hands him a sippy cup of apple juice.

"Thank you." Cam starts drinking his juice.

"Welcome, little one and good job using your good manners." Fiona praises Cam like someone would do to a child.

She takes Cam's hand, bringing him over to the table.

"Upsy daisy." Fiona puts Cam in the highchair. She is testing her limits.

"NO, OUT. OUT." Cam bangs the tray of the highchair, after realizing where he has been put. He throws his sippy cup on the ground.

"But you are so little sweetheart. You can't see over the table in a normal chair." Fiona rubs small circles on his arm, crouching down in front of the highchair.

"I have a booster seat at home." Cam pouts, looking at Fiona like an adorable puppy.

"I didn't know that, baby. Or I'd have bought one." Fiona lies. At that moment, she could not see Cam. She saw a little baby boy in front of her. Her baby boy. And babies sit in highchairs, not booster seats.

"Well, let's make a deal. I make a call to your Grammy and Grandpa and if they agree, you'd have to sit in this. Otherwise, we can return it and buy a booster seat. Does that sound alright to you, sweety?"

"Okay." Cam nods. "But my juice." He points to the floor, where his sippy cup is laying.

"Oh no. Let's fix that." Fiona grabs the sippy cup and goes to change the bottle.

She hands Cam the juice, this time in a princess sippy cup. Surprisingly, Cam doesn't object about being given such a girly one.

"Hello, Mrs. Smith. I am Fiona, Cam's friend if you remember." Fiona speaks over to Cam's Grammy in the phone.

"Hello dear, I do remember you. I was just going to call you. Emma told me Cam is with you. Is he giving you any trouble?" Chloe asks

"No, no, not at all. He is being a very good boy." Fiona ruffles Cam's hair.

"Oh, I know how well behaved he is." Chloe laughs heartily.

"Actually, I called to ask you something." Fiona puts the call in speaker, now getting to the point.

"Go on dear." Chloe replies.

"So, I didn't know that Cam uses a booster seat, and I bought a highchair for him. Now he is saying he will use it only if you guys agree." Fiona explains the entire situation to Chloe.

"We absolutely agree, dear. Do what you think, is vest for him. Can I talk to the baby for a second?"

"Of course." Fiona puts her phone on the highchair tray.

"Hi Gwammy." Cam says, the sprout of the bottle in his mouth.

"Hi baby. Listen to Fiona and don't irritate her. And behave." Chloe says to Cam.

"Give the phone to Fiona, bud. I need to talk to her about something." Chloe instructs Cam.

"Hello, Mrs. Smith?" Fiona is confused.

"Dear, please text me your bank account number, will you? So, we can pay for the things you bought for Cam and to pay you for looking after him."

"Don't embarrass me Mrs. Smith. It was nothing." Fiona rejects to take any money. She can't take money for buying things for Cam.

"Are you sure?" Chloe tries to insist.

"I'm sure, Mrs. Smith. No worries." Fiona reassures.

"Okay dear, take care." Chloe hangs up the call. Fiona has already gained her trust. She loves Emma, she really does, but she can be as immature as Cam at times. But Fiona seems responsible. Responsible enough to take care of a child.

"Let's get you fed." Fiona puts Cam's kids' meal in a plastic plate, putting it on the highchair tray.

"Eat up, baby." Fiona sits on a chair, next to Cam's highchair.

"Oh, wait." Fiona says, just as Cam goes to have his first bite.

Fiona rushes to the cupboards and comes back with something behind her back.

"What's that?" Cam asks, playfully kicking his feet.

"Something special, baby." Fiona goes behind Cam, putting a blue silicon bib around his neck.

"Noooo, I'm not a baby." Cam whines.

"None of that, now. You get dirty every time you eat." Fiona returns to her seat.

"Don't be so grumpy, sweety. Eat up." Fiona says, noticing Cam's pout.

Cam starts eating.

Fiona somehow manages to wipe Cam's hands and face after eating. The bibs are definitely worth it, seeing how much of a mess Cam has created.

She puts the dishes in the sink.

"Let's change these clothes. You have been wearing them since yesterday." Fiona takes out Cam from the highchair, placing him on his feet.

Cam runs to the base of the stairs, climbing each step one by one.

Fiona laughs and picks up Cam from behind.

They enter the guest room, now Cam's room for the time being.

The room is painted beige. There is a walk-in closet and an attached bathroom. The bathroom will probably never be used, seeing it is easier for Fiona to do everything in her own bathroom.

In a corner, there is a bean bag. Lastly, there is a twin bed in the room. Two bedside tables, at either side of the bed.

Fiona walks into the closet, Cam in her arms. The closet is big and spacious.

She goes to the side where the onesies and pajamas are kept.

"What do you want to wear baby?" Fiona asks. Looking down at Cam.

Meanwhile, Cam's eyes wander off all around the room.

"Baby, what do you wanna wear?" Fiona bounces Cam in her arms.

"That one." Cam points to a yellow onesie. He quickly hides his face in Fiona's chest.

"Okay, pumpkin." Fiona grabs the yellow onesie with white polka dots. She also grabs a pair of yellow socks and yellow briefs with ducks printed on them. She has to match everything.

She also grabs some white sneakers for him.

She lays him down on the bed, stripping his clothes.

Fiona first puts on the briefs on the wiggly boy, followed by the onesie. Then, she puts the socks on him, followed by the sneakers.

She sits on the bed herself, pulling Cam onto her lap.

"What you doing?" Cam asks adorably.

"Doing your baby." Fiona combs through Cam's hair.

"All done, let's go to the backyard to play a bit." Fiona is cautious about health and exercise. And some play time is the best exercise for kids.

She goes downstairs, with Cam in her arms. It just feels so natural for her to keep him in her embrace.

As soon as they get downstairs, Max comes running in their direction. He stops at Fiona's feet, his tail wagging like crazy.

Normally, Max jumps at Fiona. But this time when she follows the dog's eyes, she realizes he is looking at Cam.

Fiona crouches down, letting Max lick Cam.

"Down, down!" Cam tries to push off Fiona, giggling the whole time.

Fiona sets him down. Max runs towards the backyard and Cam follows. Fiona laughs at the boy's enthusiasm and follows them.

She sees Cam chasing the dog, laughing like crazy. Cam is looking like a two-year-old in the onesie. Typically, Fiona would've put on some pants on the boy, while being outside. There are a lot of disgusting creeps in the world, she does not even want to think about. But as her backyard is completely fenced, she decided against putting any pants on him.

"Baby, come here!" Fiona calls out. The boy and the dog are getting a little far. Even though they are inside the fence, she wants them closer and safer.

"Do you want to go up on the swings?" Fiona asks Cam.

"YEAH!" Cam shouts, pulling Fiona towards the swings.

Max has already busied himself with a stick

The previous owner of the house had built a full playground for kids. Swings, slides, jungle gym, sandbox, dome and a kids' trampoline.

Fiona puts Cam in a baby swing and starts pushing him.

"Higher!" Cam shouts.

"Higher mama!" Fiona freezes. She can't believe her ears. Did Cam actually call her mama? Or did it just slip?

"Higher" Cam whines breaking Fiona's trance.

"Okay, okay, baby." Fiona pushes him higher with a sad smile. The word was just a slip up.

After some time, Cam gets bored in the swings.

"Go to the slides. Please?" Cam asks Fiona.

"Are you sure baby? The slide is very high." Fiona asks, picking up Cam. Actually, it is her who is nervous. She is paranoid Cam will hurt himself.

"YES! Let's go." Fiona walks towards the slide, slowly. "Quick." Cam demands.

"Hold on, champ." Fiona sets Cam on his feet, in front of the stairs of the slide.

Fiona keeps her hands near Cam's sides; in case anything happens. She is anxious all the while Cam climbs up.

"Slide down, baby. I'll catch you." Fiona says, standing at the end of the slide.

"Okay." Cam sits down and pushes himself down.

"YAYYY!!!" He yells coming down.

Fiona picks up Cam as soon as he comes down. She kisses his forehead. "You did great, baby."

"AGAIN!!!" Cam tries to get down.

"Okay, baby." She puts him down and goes up again.

This process of Fiona getting anxious and Cam enjoying goes on for a long time.

"Let's go inside, baby. It's getting late." Fiona starts walking towards the house, Cam in her arms as usual.

"But I wanna play." Cam pouts, giving Fiona the puppy dog eyes.

"Those won't work with me, sweety." Fiona says, although she melts seeing those big doe blue eyes, in the inside.

"MAX! Inside!" Fiona instructs her dog.

Within a few seconds, Max is by her feet. They walk inside.

"You are pretty." Cam says out of nowhere, playing with Fiona's hair.

"Why? Thank you, baby. You are very adorable as well." Fiona pinches Cam's cheeks.

Cam blushes red.

Fiona takes Cam to her bathroom to get him clean after play time. Max follows them upstairs.

Fiona puts Cam on the bathroom counter, taking off his clothes.

"Do you have to go potty, bud?" Fiona asks Cam while taking off his shoes.

"Yes." Cam replies.

Fiona places Cam on the toddler potty, next to the actual toilet.

She wipes him down after he finishes peeing and flushes the pee.

"Let's get you in a bath and then dinner." Fiona places Cam inside the bubble filled tub.

"Max, sit." Fiona instructs her dog as he tries to play with Cam, in the bathroom.

Max, like the well-behaved dog he is, sits down still immediately.

Fiona is washing Cam's body when her phone suddenly rings. She wipes her wet hand on her shirt and grabs the phone.

Emma's facetiming her. She answers the call.

"Hey girl, what you doing?" Emma asks.

"Nothing, just giving Cam a bath." Fiona continues washing him with one hand while Cam plays with yesterday's duck toy.

"You are broken. I know Cam basically all his life and he has never let me bathe him." Emma amusedly tells Fiona.

"Maybe he just doesn't like you." Fiona teases.

"Oh, shut up. Just flip the phone. I wanna see the traitor." Emma wants to see Cam.

"Say hi, peanut." Fiona says, flipping her phone.

"Hi, Emma." Cam says, going back to splashing the water with his toy.

"He is playing." Fiona turns the phone to her. "Do you want to come over?"

"Not tonight, maybe tomorrow." Emma informs.

"Okay, see ya." They bid their goodbyes, hanging up the phone.

Fiona wraps Cam in his new towel, carrying him to her bed.

"No clothes." Cam reminds, putting two fingers in his mouth

"I remember, baby." Fiona tells him, grabbing baby lotion.

She dries him thoroughly with the towel, while Cam lays on the bed. Then she starts massaging Cam's whole body with baby lotion.

Cam coos in his fully relaxed stat, looking up at Fiona.

"All done. Can you sit here and play on the phone while I take a quick shower?" Fiona asks Cam.

"Uh-huh." Cam takes the phone from Fiona, playing 'baby shark' song.

Fiona takes a very quick shower and gets in her night outfit. She needs to schedule her day-to-day things. Leaving Cam unsupervised, is not a good option.

"Let's go have some dinner." Fiona picks Cam up, placing him on her hip.

She puts him in his highchair, giving him water in a sippy cup.

"Do you want to eat some chicken wrap, buddy?" Fiona asks from the kitchen.

Cam nods real big, too busy in drinking to answer verbally.

"Okay." Fiona fixes some quick chicken wraps for the two of them.

She places Cam's wrap on the highchair tray and makes a plate for her. She then puts a bib around Cam's neck and sit down on a chair next to him.

"Go watch some TV." Fiona sends Cam to the living room with a pat to his naked butt.

Fiona cleans up the dishes. She warms up some milk, putting it in a bottle.

"Let's go night night." Fiona picks Cam up with one hand after turning off the TV. Cam yawns.

She enters Cam's room and sits on the bed, with Cam in her lap. She cradles him like a baby.

"Open up, little one." Fiona rubs the teat of the bottle across Cam's lips.

"What's this?" Cam asks groggily, getting sleepy.

"Some warm milkey, baby." Cam starts sucking on the bottle.

Fiona hums a song, making Cam fall asleep faster.

After the bottle is empty, Fiona burps him and tucks him in. She puts several pillows around him.

"Sleep well, munchkin." Fiona kisses him on the temple.

"Good night." Cam whispers, falling asleep. Fiona leaves the room, the door crack open.

She gets ready for bed. Fiona falls asleep, thinking about the bundle of joy.

..

Fiona feels little hands on her face. Opening her eyes, she sees it's Cam.

"What are you doing baby up at night?" Fiona asks, laying him next to her.

"Can't sleep." Cam replies, scooting closer to Fiona.

"Aww, it's okay bubba. Some cuddles will fix everything." Fiona says, cuddling Cam.

After some cuddles, Cam finally falls asleep, practically attached to Fiona.

Fiona falls asleep shortly after, content with her baby in her arms.

AN: So, another chapter. Kept it a bit longer than usual. Hope you like it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532K 16.1K 38
Vivian and Gloria have been ruling over their kingdom peacefully for the past 17 years, they have been married for 20 years. Everything is normal in...
460K 10.9K 37
Lucy leaves home in an attempt to escape an abusive situation. Two women take her in and care for her as their own.
142K 3.5K 37
It's the 2400s and the world is run by vampires. This is the story of human Zadie becoming vampire Ms Ruth's Little Doe. Zadie is naturally a little...
219K 6.6K 27
When you turn 16, you are matched with your forever person. Aurora is matched with both Scarlett and Olivia, A CEO of her own company and a doctor. W...