If You're Not Busy

By Kellys883343

Never in a million year's would anyone think you could be so lucky to meet your life partner in your teens... More

Chapter 1 Escaping !
Chapter 2 Growing Up !
Chapter 3 Two Weeks Later !
Chapter 4 Time for Change
Chapter 5 Next Step ?
Chapter 6 Birthday's
Chapter 7 Grown Up !
Chapter 8 University and College Life !
Chapter 9 I'm Coming Out !
Chapter 10 The Holiday's.
Chapter 11 Back In Boston
Chapter 12 Question's ?
Chapter 13 Day Off
Chapter 14 The Day Continues
Chapter 15 What ?
Chapter 16 Labels!
Chapter 17 Nigh time Date !!
Chapter 18 What's Happening ?
Chapter 19 Sunday Walk !
Chapter 20 Girlfriend ?
Chapter 21 Home for Easter !
Chapter 22 Prisoner
Chapter 23 Rescue Mission
Chapter 24 I'm here !
Chapter 25 I love you too.
Chapter 26 Official First Date !
Chapter 27 Understanding!
Chapter 28 First time !
Chapter 29 Moving on !
Chapter 30 Genoa City !
Chapter 31 There she is !
Chapter 32 Superstar status !
Chapter 33 Part Two of First Time !
Chapter 34 Next Day
Chapter 35 New Beginnings
Chapter 36 Separation !
Chapter Part 37 Touring!
Chapter 38 Denver !
Chapter 39 Will You ?
Chapter 40 Chicago !
Chapter 41 Is she ?
Chapter 42 Heart Beat ?
Chapter 43 Recovering.
Chapter 44 Home !
Chapter 45 Disneyland
Chapter 46 House Hunting!
Chapter 47 The Barn
Chapter 48 Moving in and other things.
Chapter 49 Travels!
Chapter 50 Back On The Road.
Chapter 51 Mrs and Mrs
Chapter 52 Florida
Chapter 53 One Year On!
Chapter 54 Next Step Maybe?
Chapter 55 Here we go!
Chapter 56 Stage One
Chapter 57 Stage Two!
Chapter 58 Agony
Chapter 59 Grieving
Chapter 60 New Start?
Chapter 61 Saved?
Chapter 62 Trying Again
Chapter 63 A New Born!
Chapter 64 Mending Things?
Chapter 65 Touch and Go!
Chapter 66 Operation
Chapter 67 Adjusting to Life!
Chapter 68 A Lot Has Happened
Chapter 69 She's Here!
Chapter 70 Anything is Possible
Chapter 71 Parenting Skills
Chapter 72 All Hell!
Chapter 73 Out With It!
Chapter 74 Showdown
Chapter 75 First Leg
Chapter 76 Forgiveness? No!
Chapter 78 Adelaide
Chapter 79 New Zealand
Chapter 80 Part One Done!
Chapter 81 Frightened
Chapter 82 The Long Road to Recovery
Chapter 83 Wake Up!
Chapter 84 Life Goes On
Chapter 85 New Horizon's
Chapter 86 Second Honeymoon
Chapter 87 Tour Finally Paris
Chapter 88 Finishing Off!
Chapter 89 Two More?
Chapter 90 Moving On!
Chapter 91 Home At Last
Chapter 92 Go Ahead
Chapter 93 Family Gets Bigger
Chapter 94 Twins?
Chapter 95 Growing Fast
Chapter 96 Gone Again!
Chapter 97 Winning!
Chapter 98 Here We Go!
Chapter 99 Glorious
Chapter 100 Back at It
Chapter 101 Sidney
Chapter 102 It comes in Waves
Chapter 103 New Pool!
Chapter 104 Vacation House
Chapter 105 Safety First!
Chapter 106 Bowie!
Chapter 107 How do you move forward?
Chapter 108 Broken!
Chapter 109 Mend?
Chapter 110 Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 111 Come Please.
Chapter 112 Iowa Here We Come!
Chapter 113 Anticipation.
Chapter 114 Home Coming
Chapter 115 Now What?
Chapter 116 I'm home
Chapter 117 Grammy Nomination!
Chapter 118 Ceremony
Chapter 119 Heart Beat!
Chapter 120 Happily Ever After?

Chapter 77 Headlines!

176 8 4
By Kellys883343

Less than twenty-four hours later the shit had hit the fan big time! Tessa's name and photos were front-page news all around the world. But for all the wrong reasons. Franki had written at length, about what Mariah had done to Tessa before she had gone on tour. And that Tessa was very angry with her and Tessa didn't know if she could ever forgive Mariah? So while she was on tour, she told Franki that she had a lot of thinking to do. But she was looking forward to seeing her kids and her parents, who would be flying out to New Zealand in a few weeks' time. Tessa was sitting reading it all on her computer screen. She was still in bed, where she had gone to when Devon had left her a few hours before. She then made the big mistake of turning the big TV on, and there she was headlining every news channel. Her phone was going mad too, with all the journalists trying to get hold of her, to find out who she was with when the photos were taken.

She turned the TV off and buried her head under the pillows. In Wisconsin, Mariah was flabbergasted by the news that was on her TV. She was even more pissed off that Devon had not rung her, to give her the heads up. I can't believe Tessa would throw me under the bus like this? At least I know now, I guess why she hasn't answered my email yet. It didn't take her long to get over me! Cindy and Carl did not know what to say to her when she came down later that morning for her breakfast. So Mariah said to them, I'm guessing you saw the news from Australia in the early hours? We did said, Carl. Have you talked to her? Mariah asked. No! but we have left her a message to get back to us as soon as she can. Well if you get through to her, can you ask her to have the decency to call me and tell me what the fuck is going on? Please.

I have no problem with doing that said Carl. Great said Mariah. I have to leave for work, and I'm sure my day is going to be hell! Oh and I've also given the heads up to the security team to keep their eyes open for journalists and cameramen. I don't want them taking pictures of the kids.  Also, I suggest you nip home and get some stuff and move in here until all this mess dies down. Because once they find out where you live, they will camp outside your house. I've told my parents to do the same. Ok said Carl I'll get onto it now. Cindy can stay here, while I go and sort stuff. Are you going to be ok? Cindy asked. Err, I don't know said, Mariah. I just want to talk to Tessa, and get the truth. Tessa has never been able to lie to me, so I'll soon know if she's genuine or not. I'll see if I can get a hold of Devon, while I'm at work and see what they are going to do. What do you mean? said Cindy. Well, they may have to cancel the tour, if this story escalates out of control.

I'm sure Devon will have to put Tessa on the screen, so she can explain everything. Are you going to be okay getting to work? Yes, I've organized a car and a bodyguard to take me, just in case there is a load of them outside work. Be careful said Carl as he left the house. Oh and Mariah. Yeah! Don't believe everything you hear. I'm sure there is an explanation for all of this. I know said Mariah, that's why I'm hoping Tessa will tell me everything and I'm hoping Devon will get her to call. When she got to Jabot, there were a few reporters and cameras outside the gate. Mariah just hide in the car until they were outside her office building. She heard all the cameras starting to click, taking pictures of her as quickly as they could. When she got to her office, she summoned Kyle and Jack into the boardroom. to tell them what was happening. Although if they saw the news this morning. they probably already knew.

When they had finished talking, she got her PA to make her a coffee, and then she got on the phone. She had no idea what the time was in Australia, she didn't really care. She needed to talk to Devon as soon as possible and then Tessa. She need Tessa to tell her everything, she would know then if it was true or not. Devon sounded wrecked when he answered Mariah's call. Hi Mariah, Hi, How bad is all this? she asked him. Err, to be honest, I have no idea at this point. All I know is, that we're still a sold-out tour, and no one has asked for their money back yet. And the promoters still want to stick with Tessa. So I guess at the moment the tour is still a go. Which is great for me and Tessa. Oh, that's great news said Mariah in a sad voice. Are you okay? said Devon. Err, well I was hoping to talk to Tessa, if you can get her to call me? I need to hear it from her. What the hell happened? Lucky for her, our kids can't read newspapers or go on social media yet. Is this her way of getting back at me Devon, for what I did before she left? 

Mariah was getting upset. "Mariah" She just talked to the wrong person on the plane coming over here. What? said Mariah. She meet the woman who wrote the article on the plane to Australia? said Devon.That was nearly three weeks ago now! shouted Mariah. Look, Mariah, as soon as Tessa is awake, I will get her to call you I promise. She's asleep? Yes, I had to wake her up in the middle of the night with this news, and she had a concert last night and she has another tonight. So I want her to be rested, so she can give a good performance later. Did you tell her about my email? Yes, I told her when I nearly knocked her door down earlier. She said she hadn't read any emails since leaving Genoa City. So I'm guessing yours is still in the inbox. Well her dad Carl was going to text her, to ask her to have the decency to call me. But now I've got a hold of you. I need to talk to her as soon as Devon. I don't want an explanation on a TV channel, because I'm guessing you will be doing that at some point? Well, yes obviously said Devon. But you know I would not have done that, without letting you know first.

I know you won't throw me under a bus Devon, but like I said the only person I'm going to believe in all this is Tessa. She's never been able to lie to me, so I will know if she is telling me the truth or not as soon as I hear her voice. When do leave for New Zealand? Oh, err, the day after tomorrow. Why? Well, Tessa has a two-week off, doesn't she? Yes, so she can spend some time with the kids and her parents. Ok, well if things go well when she calls me, I may be able to come out there and help with the press interview maybe? Oh, Mariah, that would be amazing. I'm not promising anything yet Devon, this is all down to Tessa talking to me. I have the press outside Jabot at the moment, so I had to tell Kyle and Jack everything. They are also one of Tessa's main sponsors, so obviously they have seen it all over the news channels, and newspapers all over the city. Do you need me to call them? asked Devon. No! No! I told them, it was all down to my conversation with Tessa and then we will take things from there.

Ok Devon, well I best get on with my day at work, get her to call me as soon as you can. Will, do Mariah said Devon oh and if you want my view on this? I think she's innocent. Right well, thanks for that. Bye Devon, Bye Mariah. When she came off the phone, she asked her PA for a refill of her coffee. She went back to work and waited for the call from Tessa when she woke up in Australia. Tessa stirred around midday. She woke up with a splitting headache. Argh! She said as she sat up. She turned her computer back on. And there was her face all over it. Oh shit, I didn't have a bad dream then? She also recalled Devon, saying that Mariah had written her an email over two weeks ago. Hang on it must be nearly three now? She was losing track of time, which often happened on tour. She switched on her phone, and there was a message from her dad and Devon, telling her Mariah needed to talk to her urgently. I bet she does, thought Tessa. I need to read her email first, I owe her that much. Tessa got out her IPad and went into her emails. She found the one Mariah wrote three weeks ago and began to read it.

Tessa, I know you're angry at me right now and, you have every right to be. I am sorry that I have made you so unhappy. I still can't believe I did such a stupid thing and, that I might have ruined the best thing in my life, because of what I did when I picked up that phone and called Devon. I hated the fact that you couldn't even say goodbye to me. Tessa stopped and wiped away her tears, and then carried on. I hope Devon relayed the message I gave him to give to you? I meant every word I said to him. I wish you well with the tour and hope you have a great time in New Zealand with the kids and your parents. You are the other half of me, and I don't know how I'm going to cope if you say we're over? But all I do know is, that I love you with everything I have to give you. I married you because you're the other half of my heart. I hope you'll see it in your heart to forgive me. Love always and forever. Mariah x

Tessa was bawling. Oh my god, if only I had read this when I arrived here! Maybe I would not have invited Franki back to the room? But I also know, and I will swear to it, that even though those pictures look compromising, I can at least tell Mariah nothing happened! I need to get up and have a shower, then go and find Devon and talk to my wife and sort this huge mess out. She quickly shut everything down and managed to text her dad back and tell him what her plan was, and then finally headed for the shower. Once she felt more human again, Devon told her to meet him in the hotel restaurant. He'd booked a table with privacy, so they could talk through this whole mess that she had created all on her own. She could see Devon quietly sitting in a corner all on his own as she approached the table. Luckily for them, only a couple more people were sitting in the restaurant, most people were sitting on the huge patio outside in the sunshine. Tessa gingerly sat down. Hi, she risked a smile at him. Hi Tessa. 

Before we say anything to one another let's order a drink and some food. I expect your starving? Oh my god yes. my stomach has been talking to me since you banged on my door in the early hours! Well let's talk a bit about that, shall we? At least until our food arrives. Sure, said Tessa meekly. Right well first, I told you to be careful, when you were talking to that woman on the plane. Is she the one that wrote the article, and provided the pictures in your hotel room of all places? Yes, said Tessa I am so sorry Devon. I should have listened to you. Yes, you should. He said in a very stern voice. I can't believe you were so stupid, it's not like your new to this game? You know what journalists can be like. They're very sneaky. This one definitely was sneaky said Tessa. I had no idea she took those photos of me in bed until you told me they were all over the news. You know Mariah is not very happy, seeing this all over the news. I'm sure she's not said Tessa meekly. Well, when I talked to Mariah earlier, the only person she wanted to talk to was you! She said you can never lie to her, so she only wants to hear your version of things. 

What did you say to her? asked Tessa. I just told her I think you innocent, and you just spoke to the wrong person. She's also willing, after speaking to you of cause. To come to New Zealand and do a press interview with you to clear things up. Really? She'd do that for me? She would said, Devon. "Tessa" You know Mariah loves you more than anything? Yes, I get that. I read her email before I came down here, it made me cry. If I'd only read it before all this happened. She looked at Devon with tears in her eyes. I've been so mean to Mariah after she did that phone call to you. I didn't even say goodbye to her before I left. You were upset with her at the time said, Devon. I was said Tessa I never thought Mariah would do that to me! What do you mean? asked Devon. Well, she knows how important singing is to me, and yet she wanted you to cancel this tour so that I could stay at home and look after the kids. I love my kids Devon I do, but I can't be a stay-at-home mom, it's just not me. I need to be creative, it's in my blood. She made me so angry doing that phone call. 

I think she knows that now said Devon I don't think she'll do anything like that again to you. I think I got that when she wished me luck and that she was sorry in the email. said, Tessa. You need to find somewhere quiet and then call her said, Devon. I know said Tessa I'm trying to work out the massive time difference, between here and Genoa City. Which is fourteen and a half hours. Devon got out his phone to work it out for her. Tessa looked at the clock on her phone its one in the afternoon here, she said to him if that makes it easier? Hang on he said, I've put in all the information and I'm waiting for the answer. Have you got it yet? asked Tessa after a few minutes had gone by. Yeah, It says it's ten-thirty in the evening. No wonder Mariah saw it all, it would have been on the morning news before she went to work. Ok, I'll text my dad now and see how things lie with Mariah. "Tessa" shouted Devon. By the time you do that it will be too late. Just phone your poor wife, she needs to talk to you. If I'm honest I'm scared said Tessa It's been a month since I last heard her voice.

Well if it's any consolation, I don't think Mariah is going to be biting your head off. At least that's not the impression I got from her when I talked to her earlier in the day. She was at work then, and I'm guessing she's hovering over the phone, pleading with it to be you at the other end. Now either get back to your room or like I said find somewhere quiet where you can talk to her in peace. Ok boss, I get the message said Tessa I will get another shot of coffee and then head to my room I think? Fewer distractions up there. I'll see you later at the gig said Devon as he got up to leave. He kissed her on the cheek and wished her luck. Tessa called over the waiter. Can I have a soy latte to go, please? I'm taking it up to my room, she told him. Sure said the waiter as he scurried off. Once armed with her coffee, she got in the lift and headed for her suite on the top floor. She settled herself down on the balcony on one of the comfy seats. Luckily she was in the shade. She looked for Mariah's number, and then pressed connect. It took a few rings before Mariah picked up. Hello, said a very tired Mariah. Hi said Tessa, who began to cry when she heard Mariah's voice at the other end of the phone. Tessa then blurted out I'm so sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36 1 10
Natalie Nobles is stuck. She thought she'd be settled in life with a career she loved by the time she turned 34. Instead, she was back in college, li...
8.5K 83 12
Mariah works for Devon at the Hamilton-Winters Group as an assistant and music scout. Tessa is a singer/songwriter playing dive bars. What happens wh...
8.6K 143 7
Mariah needs a roommate. Tessa's new to town. Could this be a perfect match or will they end up with more than they bargained for? I wanted to give a...
450K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...