Hell on Remnant(Ghost Rider x...

Da GabeTheFallen

Time for a new journey for The Ghost Rider. This time Remnant is the target, Duncan wishes to visit some old... Altro

Welcome to Remnant
Old and New Faces
One Hell of a Teacher
A Crazy Night
Blast From The Past
The Dance on The Windy Night
A Lost Soul
A New Form?
Chain of Events
Incoming Troubles
Inside Out
The Fall of Beacon
Moving Forward
Dark Times
Incoming War
Ozpin's Sins
Behind the Shadows
Old Town Road
Ludicrous Speed
Welcome to Atlas
Gear Up
Girls Night Out
Boys Night Out
Problems Arising
Inner Conflict
Fight or Flight
War At Our Door
Huntsmen VS Blackheart
Roar of the Tigress
Dies Irae
Healing
No More Gods
Carry On
Preview/Trailer

Roses and Demons

549 16 17
Da GabeTheFallen

Duncan's POV:

I hate my luck.

Catching up with this flying Grimm was one thing, but the giant whale Grimm started spawing another horde of Grimm.

Setting my skull ablaze, i whipped out my chains and started swinging left and right, the Grimm turning in nothing then dust.

Jumping off of my Hellcycle, i stopped a Goliath Grimm that wanted to ram into me, i picked the bastard by his tusk and threw him towards the Hound Grimm that was mid air, forcing the Grimm to dodge.

Mounting my bike once more, i revved up the engine gaining even more speed.

Zarathos: 'The fact that this Grimm has a soul is disturbing.'

Yeah, not gonna lie, but it makes easy to track it down.

Once more i whipped out my chain, managing to catch the Hound Grimm by it's ankle, yanking the chain, i slammed the Grimm into the ground.

I guess it was kind of a bad idea, why? Well the Hound Grimm let go of Oscar, who started to bounce across the ground... meh, he will be fine, he has aura... i think.

Aproaching Oscar, i saw that he was unconcious, damn the bloody Grimm messed him up good and his aura is broken, of course.

Now the question, why did this Grimm take Oscar? Maybe it's not Oscar... but...

Zarathos: 'Ozpin, of course, but why?'

Another good question, but for later.

Looking at Oscar, i dismounted my bike, crouching near him, i put my hand on Oscar's forehead and shared my healing factor with him, healing his wounds. Now we wait for him to wake up, or not.

Because the Hound Grimm lifted himself from the ground looking kinda angry, but also reluctant to fight me.

Stepping closer, the Hound stepped back.

Only for the damn thing to contort in pain, from it's back spikes started to grow, suddenly the said spikes were sent flying towards me, it pretty much did nothing.

The Hound rushed towards me, or better said, it tried to rush past me to Oscar, i caught it by the neck and slammed it into the ground before throwing it away.

Once more, it rose up, it started to circle around me.

I get it now, this thing clearly is smarter then your average Grimm, it must explain how it took Oscar from the others.

Clearly this Grimm had his attention more on Oscar then me, wich is bad news... for him.

I heard a groan, i didn't even need to look to know that it was Oscar waking up.

Duncan: "Rise and shine Oscar, we are in the middle of a battlefield."

Oscar: "...whaaaa, what?! Duncan?! What's going on?!", he started to panic.

Duncan: "Calm yourself, i'm just about to end this.", i chuckled.

Focusing my attention on the Hound, it seemed ready to rumble, sadly for him, i'm out of patience.

Rushing towards the Hound, i grabbed it by the head and slammed it into the ground, keeping a tight grip on the Grimm, i put my free hand on it's head. The Hound started to trash around as his head started to burn away.

About time to find out who is behind this Grimm, as i took my hand away i saw... silver eyes... black hair with red tips... white cloack...

Zarathos: '...this cannot be! Summer Rose?'

In my shock i stumbled back, letting go of Summer or the Hound, now that it's head regenerated.

Salem, what did she do?! To Summer?!

Wait... the one i was beating the ever living hell was Summer, i was...

No, i don't have time to feel sorry for myself, i need to find a way to bring her back, to ger rid of this Grimm.

Guess even Oscar was confused by my reaction.

Now the Hound had another tactic, running away.

NOT A CHANCE!

Slamming my fist into the ground, dozens of chains shot out from within the earth itself, coiling around the Hound and dragging it towards me.

Standing before me was the Hound, who was trying to break free from my chains.

Clenching my fists, a pillar of blue heavenly flames took over the Hound's body.

It's seems that my holy and angelic fire has an interesting effect against the Grimm, so i used it to cleanse the Hound, lucky it worked, leaving only Summer's figure, i commanded my chains to put her gently on the ground.

She was unconcious, i kneeled down beside her, checking for any kind of injury, she is fine, thank God... wait, He is retired.

I extinguished the flames of vengeance, letting my flesh regrow.

Oscar finally took a peak over my shoulder.

Oscar: "Who is she? She looks exactly like Ruby."

Duncan: "Hehe, of course she looks like Ruby, it's her mother after all."

Oscar looked at me shocked by the news, can't blame the guy.

Oscar: "What?! But Ruby said she died during a mission a long time ago!"

Duncan: "No, worst. It looks like she was captured by Salem and turned into this!"

I took Summer bridal style. I looked at Whale Grimm, then at Mantle, which was quite far.

Zarathos: 'Partner, i can feel the Darkhold's pressence inside the Grimm.'

I had to think a bit, but sadly for this reunion, we had little to no time.

I took one last look at Summer who was sleeping peacefully, i'll make sure that Salem's death is slow and as agonizing as my time in Hell was, for doing this to Summer.

Thinking fast, i handed Summer to Oscar who was a little startled by my actions.

Duncan: "Take Summer, and go, i will end Salem and this pointless war.", i made a circular motion with my arm opening an portal.

Oscar nodded and went towards the portal, but he stopped, he turned towards me, but Ozpin was in control this time.

Ozpin: "Please, end this... once and for all."

Duncan: "I will, you old geezer, just look after Summer or i will drag you in Hell.", this was more a promise then anytthing.

Nodding his head, Ozpin left Oscar in control and went through the portal before closing it, this should bring them to Irondwood's office in Atlas.

Now, i had my gaze upon the entrance of this massive Grimm, walking foreward, but as i was walking foreward the ground beneath me was melting, my vision turning red.

Zarathos: 'Let the anger empower you! Let it guide you! NOT CONTROL YOU! BUT FIGHT ALONGSIDE IT! AND PUNISH THIS SELFISH WITCH! HEAR THE CRIES OF AN ENTIRE PLANET WORTH SOULS GONE! ALL BECAUSE OF HER! RRRRREEUUUUUAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'

Zarathos violent growls and roars echoed in my head, death is too kind for the likes of her.

As i made my way through this maze, i could feel a soul, dark, filled with sins.

A pair of doors as if i was standing in front of a castle laid before me, well time to make my entrance.

I kicked the doors open and waltzed inside, all the while having a carefree smirk and not carring in the slightest who was owing the place.

And there she was, standing on her throne, clearly expecting me. All the while having a chesire smile, her head resting in the palm of her hand, she sighed happily.

She then adopted a more dominant pose, as if she was trying to intimidate me.

Salem: "Well, well, well, we finally meet, and i must say you did not dissapoint. You clearly are as dangerous as he described you."

Guess Blackheart gave her some information, and a little bit more from the demonic energy around her.

Duncan: "Bet he didn't spoke so kindly of me, he could be a little heartless at times."

Salem: "Not in the least, he holds quite the grudge."

Duncan: "...got any last words...?"

She looked a little taken back by my demonic tone, by vision again turning red, i could feel myself losing control.

Salem lifted herself from her throne and started to walk down the stairs towards me.

Salem: "So it's gonna be like this? Why fight? We are not so different after all. I learned about your world. Protecting from the shadows, while the civilians stay oblivious to all the sacrifices made. About your curse and your little friend from inside."

Duncan: "Your bloody point?!", i furrowed my brows.

Salem: "If the world is gonna learn of your existence one day, they will treat you like a monster."

Duncan: "Good... because WE are one!" , i growled.

Letting out a hoarse roar, my flesh burned away setting the Rider free.

Salem: "No, no no, this won't do. I wish you would've joined me by your own, but maybe you like it a little rough~."

Her body seemingly surrounded by an aura, demonic energy started to surround her.

A transformation? Not on my watch!

Coilling the chain around my knuckles, i blitzed towards Salem, punching her, i sent her through a few walls.

I followed after her, only to be hit by a blast of magic energy, as the smoke which obscured my sight dissipated, i saw Salem's appearance. She grew a pair of horns and from her back three angelic black wings and three demonic wings unfolded.

Snarling, she extended her hand, letting out a blast of magic taking aim at me, which i quite easely dodged.

But she kept summoning more and more, at some point she was surrounded by dozens of magic orbs which in return casted more blasts of magic.

This is getting annoying.

I just stopped dodging and started to tank her attacks, much to her surprise. Rushing towards her, i took Salem by surprise as i grabbed her by the face, ingniting my hand i started to burn her face before starting to drag her across the ground and throwing her into the ceilling.

Summoning my revolvers, i started shooting, filling Salem's body with holes.

As she started to fall down, she tried to cast one more magic blast, i jumped and grabbed her arm before she could do anything, then i slammed her into the ground

Still holding her hand, i tightened my grip until the sickening sound of broken bones and flesh being torn apart echoed through the rooms acompanied by Salem's scream of pain.

I then put my hand on her stomach, digging my bonny fingers into her abdomen i started to burn her insides. Once more she started to scream in agony, feeling the Hellfire burning her soul bit by bit, feeling her sins tearing her apart.

I picked Salem by the neck, summoning chains from within the ground, they gathered and took the form of a stake, the chains coiled around her, ensuring she couldn't escape. Salem looked at me with pleading eyes, filled with tears and pain.

I grabbed her by the mouth forcing her to look me into my empty eye sockets.

Duncan: "We are not the same... i protect the innocents from monsters like you. I'm a monster which hunts other monsters."

Taking a few steps back, the flames started to burn the stake made from chains, but to add more pain to the punishment, the flames started to take form of her dead daughters, the daughters she killed that night.

Her cries of pain and the sound of flesh being burned haunted this place, soon followed by silence as of Salem was left nothing but ashes.

Good riddance.

Making my chain disappear, i started to walk away, well that's one thing dealt with.

Zarathos: 'Now we must look for the Darkhold.'

Yeah, we find the Darkhold, we find Blackheart, still being transformed, i could feel antimatter, i can track the Darkhold.

Glancing around, i tried to find an optimal way through which i can go, finding the general direction in which i felt the Darkhold, i started to walk...

Only to hear a phone ringing, what?

Zarathos: '...really?!Now?!'

Taking out the phone i saw one name displayed on the screen, Gun-Hee, what does the old geezer from the Hunter's Association want now? Don't get me wrong, i have a better opinion about the Hunters then the Mage's Association...and he calls me after months... i sent him to the voice mail.

Putting aside my phone.

Zarathos: 'About bloody time! We have an emergency here!'

Yeah, the red skull looking demon is right, walking from chamber to chamber, room from room, i finally found an room which felt different from the rest, and by that i mean the Darkhold's presence was stronger.

Inside the room was a pedestal, walking towards it i saw the Book of the Damned itself, the Darkhold, and no Blackheart.

Duncan: "This... doesn't feel right, that damn spawn of Mephisto wouldn't let the book out of his sight."

At that moment my instincts kicked in, danger, that's all i felt.

Damn it! If Blackheart isn't here, he must be in Mantle.

As i was about to grab the book, a light blinded me, as the light dissipated i saw something that shouldn't be here, something that it should've been destroyed.

Zarathos: 'DUNCAN! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THAT  THING AS FAST AS YOU CAN!'

... a Soul Crystal... which it was used to keep Zarathos trapped.

I quickly stepped back, ready to open a portal, but dark, rusty and spiked chains shot out from the ground and they were not mine, they latched onto me, keeping me in place, i tried to break them but something started sapping away my strength.

Glancing back i saw the Soul Crystal glowing, i could feel my soul being teared apart, trying to take away Zarathos, trying to forcefully break the bond between my soul and The Spirit of Vengeance.

Zarathos: 'GRRRAAAHHHHHHHHHH!'

Duncan: "GRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

As Zarathos blood curling screams filled my mind, my screams filled the room, but if this wasn't enough, magic runes started forming on the ground, creating a magic circle, i could feel the concept of time and space changing around me.

It felt like... a new dimension was in creating around me, an new space.

I felt my conciousness fading away, the Soul Crystal still trying to force Zarathos out of my body.

The flames around my skull already gone, leaving only smoke, i swear that before my vision turned black, i saw... a knight in dark armor with a cape as if it was made from shadows, and behind it's black helmet, a pair of purple menacing eyes.

"You... are next..."

.

..

3rd POV:

As things seemed to settle around Mantle, the Huntsmen and Huntresses have dealt with most of the Grimm and already finished the evacuation.

But some of them had a much rougher time, a certain group who just recently had an encounter with a canine looking Grimm, which inteligence brought a certain type of terror into their minds.

Shaking her head, Yang, hurriedly mounted a nearby motorcycle, ready to go after the Grimm, but Jaune stepped in front of her.

Yang: "Jaune! Out of my way! We need to go after Oscar!"

Jaune: "Rushing like that won't do anything, we need to think this through."

Yang didn't seem to listen, so Ren decided to step in.

Ren: "Jaune is right, that Grimm was something else entirely, we need to be more cautious in our aproach."

Yang only crossed her arms while furrowing her brows, clearly displeased by the whole situation, and her patience, well whatever was left of it, was running thin.

Yang: "Ok, fine, so wha-... do you guys hear that?"

Clearly confused, Jaune and Ren shared worried looks.

Jaune: "Sounds like a..."

Ren: "...a fight?"

Their questions were quickly answered, as something or someone came crushing through a building, smoke covering their appereance.

Yang's eyes widened when she saw Ashley, who looked like she was ready for war. Ashley still a stoic expression, but her eyes showed her anger.

Spitting out some blood, Ashley once more took her stance with Yamato in hand.

Yang, Ren and Jaune were about to help her.

Ashley: "STAND BACK!"

Hearing her warning, they stopped, juet in time as a hail of bullets were sent in Ashley's direction, but she managed to deflect them all.

Jaune: "W-what's going on?!"

Ashley: "A fucking pain in the ass, that's what's going on.", she grunted in annoyance.

Yang was about to voice her own worries, but the sounds of footsteps stopped her, as from within the crushed building appeared another individual.

Widening her eyes in disbelief, her mouth ajar, for Yang it was quite easy to recognize, the outfit, the weapon and... her ears.

Yang: "...B-b-blake...?"

Yet, Yang's voice was unheard by the green flaming skull female.

But Ren and Jaune on the other hand couldn't believe their eyes or ears.

Jaune: "Is this for real? Blake!"

Ren: "Does that mean that she is like Duncan in a sense?"

Ashley chuckled darkly hearing this, she shook her head.

Ashley: "Far from it, i know the aura of a Spirit of Vengeance, but she, is not such thing, she must've made a deal with a demon behind our backs."

The news were quite shocking for the young Huntsmen, but one took it the hardest, Yang slowly walked before Blake, standing one in front of another, Yang stared intensly at Blake.

Yang: "Blake... what is the meaning of this!", she spoke through gritted teeth.

Blake: "Saving this world, getting rid of these two, you will understand."

Yang: "Understand...? UNDERSTAND WHAT?! THAT YOU WANT TO KILL OUR FRIENDS?! SO ALL THIS TIME THAT YOU TRIED TO AVOID ME! WAS BECAUSE OF THIS! I SHOULDN'T'VE LISTENED TO MATCHSTICK AND GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Blake was clearly not pleased by Yang's response. Raising her blade, Blake was ready to strike Yang down, Ashley was quick on the action and grabbed Yang by the back of her jacket and pulled her back, Blake's strike was then parried by Ashley, followed by a boot to the gut, sending Blake back a few meters.

Ashley: "Jaune, Ren, take Yang and go. I will wake Blake up, even if i have to beat her first."

Nodding their heads, the duo grabbed Yang, much to her protest.

Yang: "LET GO OF ME! I AM NOT GOING NOWHERE UNTIL SHE EXPLAIN HERSELF!"

Ren: "FOR THE LOVE OF... YANG! We want answers as much as you do!"

Jaune: "But, what can we do?! We are powerless."

Yang stopped trashing around and strugling in their grip, she gave Ashley one last look, who in exchange just nodded.

Mounting their hover bikes, the young Huntsmen left, leaving Ashley and Blake alone.

Blake: "You are going to pay for this!"

(Bury the Light- Cover by Go Light)

Ashley: "Heh, do you take cash?"

Blake clearly annoyed by the fact that she wasn't taken seriously, donner her weapon, Gambol Shroud, in gun mode.

Firing bullets infused with her green flames, Blake took at aim at Ashley,  who in return started dodging the bullets, her figure seemed to disappear and appear creating after images.

Blake swiftly changed her weapon back in blade mode, just in time to block and attack from Ashley.

Blake kicked Ashley in the gut and pushed her away, shen then threw Gambol Shroud making it coil around Ashley's leg.

Blake then yanked the flaming rope that was tied around Ashley's ankle, making her crash into another building.

Ashley simply walked out of the rubble, not even a scratch on her skin, thanks for infusing her body with mana, what she had to worry was Blake's green hellfire.

Blake rushed towards Ashley, who in return tilted her head a little, followed by a swing of her sword who created a shockwave strong enough to send Blake flying through a couple of buildings.

Ashley jumped and took off running on top of the buildings after Blake.

Blake took a few wobbly steps as she lifted herself up, she then glared at Ashley who just jumped down.

Blake: "Was that one of your Getsuga, or whatever? Not impressed, kukuku."

Ashley narrowed her eyes, who started to glow a dark blue color, an fiery aura started to surround her body.

Ashley: "Fool... that was no Getsuga, that was just the force of my sword."

Blake was put on alert once she saw Ashley disappearing before her. Blake just blocked an downward slash from Ashley, making the web like cracks on the ground.

Ashley: "...Getsuga... Tensho."

A sudden gasp escaped Blake's flaming mandibles as she was hit by a black Getsuga point blank range, a pillar of black energy reaching the sky.

Ashley jumped back, keeping her guard up.

Sadly Blake once more rose up, yet her clothes seemed torn and her skull not as flamey as it used to be.

Blake angrily snarled at Ashley before letting out a beam of heat from within her jaws. Ashley sighed in annoyance, Ghost Riders don't fall down easy, no matter how they are made.

Unfortunately for Blake, Ashley focused on her best domains when it comes of combat, speed and precision.

Blake seeing that her heat of beam only scorched the enviroment, thanks to Ashley dodging her attack, took out Gambol Shroud in gun mode and started shooting.

Ashley: 'If i don't want to kill her, i must trap her.'

Ashley once more started dodging, but while she was moving, she used the Yamato to cut her palm a little, letting blood drip onto the ground. Ashley systematicaly and with a plan in mind circled around Blake, all the while letting blood on the ground.

The moment Blake seemed to get more angry and changed to blade mode, Ashley took that oppportunity to attack but with more aggression.

Blake once more was forced into defensive, as Ashley slashed at her without mercy, at the last strike, they ended within a stalemate, but Ashley kept her blade with one hande, while with the other punched Blake.

Stumblying back, Blake was once more caught off guard as Ashley kneed her in the skull, before kicking her away.

Blake: 'UGGHHH! Why is she so strong?!'

Lucky for Ashley, Blake dropped her weapon, that's the window she needed.

Byakko: 'The circle is incomplete, if you want to trap a Rider...'

Ashley: 'Yeah, i know, just need a little more time.'

Ashley quickly took a small bottle out of her coat filled with some liquid.

Ashley: 'This is gonna hurt a lot.'

Opening the bottle, Ashley let the contents spill on the blade of Yamato, it seemed to be some oil of some kind.

Blake once more rushed to attack once more, Ashley seeing this flexed her fingers making her nails grow into claws, grindin her claws on the blade of Yamato, the sword was bathed in light blue flames.

Blake suddenly stopped her attack, weary of the flames.

Byakko: 'So Holy Oil works, clearly she is the vessel of a demon.'

Ashley jumped back a few meters, puttting Yamato in it's sheath, flames still burning hot.

Ashley: "Slay All..."

It happened to quickly for Blake to understand, Ashley just simply appeared behind her sheathing the blade.

*CLICK*

The sound echoed across the streets, followed by Blake's screams of pain, making her fall on her knees, the flames around her skull already gone.

Suddenly five magic circles activated, creating five pillars of light, who in return created walls between eachother, the walls closing in on Blake trapping her inside. Ashley mamanged to finish the trap she set for Blake.

Blake desperately tried to break the barrier, but to no avail, she was too weak, and this magic circle started to drain her power as well.

Ashley: "I wouldn't try anything if i were you... Duncan modified a magic circle in case he goes berserk, in other words, a Devil trap that can keep the likes of him at bay."

Blake tried once more to break the barrier, but was too weak, this time she fell on her back, her skull this time gone, letting flesh and skin regrow.

Ashley: "Now you feel like talking?"

Blake: "I-i-i-i'm... s-s-so-sorry."

Ashley: "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

Suddenly an earthquake appeared out of nowhere, followed by a pained demonic roar who reached the heavens.

Ashley widened her eyes in horror, already recognizing the voice... even transformed.

Suddenly the giant Whale Grimm was surrounded by a even bigger black dome, who swallowed anything that came in contact with..

Ashley glared angrily at Blake, who just got up.

Making the trap even smaller, leaving Blake no space to move around, Ashley took out Yamato and stabbed Blake in the stomach, already knowing that the demon who is possessing her won't let her die so easy.

But Blake couldn't even feel pain, no, her fear was much greater then her pain. Ashley glared at Blake with pure hatred and malice.

Ashley: "What. Happened. To. My. BROTHER?"

This chapter's meme:

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

23.7K 323 43
Where retired Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze was struggling a lot back at his home, so then a portal opens and it leads him to a bigger purpose, where not...
4.8K 88 7
bla bla bla jaune's transcripts get revealed, he doesn't get disowned, but blake and phyrra stay by his side and then get sent to ninjago, become nin...
1.2K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
12.1K 677 30
"The worse part if my life wasn't loving you it was actually believing that you loved me back" Y/n pronounced. "The best of my thing of my life was...