SAFE PLACE | MINSUNG

By linosmaniac

"You're my safe place Hannie." "Aw Min- wait hol up did you just call me ..Hannie?" "Yeah, you like it?" "Nah... More

intro.
one.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.

two.

336 27 42
By linosmaniac

3689 words ahead-

two.

"He's gay."

"Like I'm supposed to magically know who you're talking about."

"You do, it's very obvious that I don't even need to say his name."

"Yeah you're right I know who it is. And I got one thing to say."

"What."

"No he isn't." Jisung tsked at the blonde aussie, with his back against the wire fence of the track outside on a hot sunny blazing day.

The two best friends were currently in their P.E period. The students after a warm up of stretches, ran an assigned number of laps. Now those who had finished were just chilling, waiting to get called back in the gym.

"Oh come on!" Felix blurts out in almost a whine, his fingers from one hand gripping on the metal of the fence. "How do you not see it? Like earlier when he kicked Changbin out of his seat so he could sit next to you!"

"Well I'm his most favorite out of the group. He told me himself." Jisung's eyes shifted down to his shoes, with his arms crossed. "Cause I make him laugh the most."

"Damn that kinda hurt my feelings."

"I just don't believe he's gay alright." Jisung responded, snapping his gaze back to Felix.

"Do you need him to fucking make out with you for you to see it?" Felix questions but the ravenette didn't answer just gave him a 'bruh' look. "Ugh but come on you're so in love, you should just ask him out already." He groaned with pouty lips.

Jisung felt the breath in his throat hitch from the shock that suggestion gave him. "You're out of your mind crazy fuck."

"Damn that kinda hurt my feelings too."

Jisung ignored those words and includes. "When have you ever heard of Minho dating a guy?" He let out, holding his palm out. "O-Or being into one?"

Felix pushes his lips to one side in a pondering manner. "Never- he actually never opens up..wow he's mysterious forreal."

Yup just as Felix stated, Minho isn't one to pry about himself. For as long as they've known him, alright since freshmen year. He's always been a keep to oneself guy.

Yes he's a cool out going guy who is loud, funny, doesn't mind partying, or wrecking shit up like a rebel.

But yeah still he just prefers to keep to himself.

"Yeah I know ..he's a mystic boy. Plus.." Jisung continues on, lowering his tone to a mutter, seeming afraid of his next set of words as he nibbled on the inside of his bottom lip. "I wouldn't wanna ruin our friendship."

"Wouldn't you rather be lovers instead though?" Felix lets out with a head tilt resembling a puppy.

A small grin taunted at Jisung's lips and he faces away from the freckled one and looks forward at the track where some students are still finishing up their laps. "I can't with you seriously."

"Shush you love me, can't get enough of me." Felix teases jabbing at Jisung's bicep.

Jisung returned the gesture, harder. "True babes."

"Ow." Felix said in a small laugh rubbing the spot the raven head jabbed at.Then his lips pursed when a thought crossed him. "Also hey why did you guys take so long to get to the auditorium hm? Kinda sus if you ask-"

"First of all nothing happened get your mind out of the gutter." Jisung scolds with a finger pointed at the blonde. "Second we just took a slow walk and talked."

"Damn it I was hoping it'd be some friends with benefits sort of au."

"You need to lay off wattpad."

"Don't knock it till you try it." Felix smirked. "Seriously though aren't you curious?"

Jisung heaved out a long breath "Yeah honestly I am. But if he doesn't like to talk about himself then it'd feel wrong to ask. Better if we just let him be the one to approach you know."

Felix nods and then moves his gaze to the track. "Yeah fair point." Jisung also nods and grabs his water bottle from the floor taking a drink. His phone chimed in the pocket of his running shorts so he takes it out.

♥︎ Minho ♥︎ : 3 new messages!

Wow speak of the Lee Minho.

♥︎ Minho ♥︎

Hi

Saw a squirrel out the
class window and you
immediately came into mind

No picture tho sorry best friend
bye now 🐱

______________________________

Jisung giggled at the messages, smiling widely in admiration because holy fuck Minho is so cute. Then he hears a loud hum emit from Felix, indicating he was wanting to say something making it obvious he wants to be questioned. Jisung sighs out, looking up. "What is it you."

"I don't know Ji like.." Felix paused sticking his tongue out between his teeth. "What if- now hear me out.. what if you test it."

Jisung's brows narrowed down in confusion, fully facing the blonde."What are you talking about."

"Test to see if he's gay." Felix continued, looking back at the taken aback other. "You know like try to hold his hand, make a move and see how he reacts. Could end badly though because you never know. It's 50, 50 but yeah." He finished with his bright sunshine smile of his.

Jisung blinked with no expression, definitely not digging such idea but wasn't going to express it with words. Nah he got something better. He trails his eyes to the water bottle still in his grasp. "Hey you see something odd in here?"

Felix moves closer taking a look into the inside of the bottle to inspect it. "Uh no-"

He was cut off when Jisung squeezed the bottom of the bottle causing a huge squirt of water to splash up to Felix, drenching all over his face and bangs, some droplets landing on his shirt.

"Oh shit hey you look a little wet." Jisung called out sarcastically, faking his worrisome face.

"I deserved that." Felix sulked rubbing at his eyes.

★★★★★

"

No but we really gotta stop calling these study sessions if there's no studying being done at all." Jisung grumbles out from his spot on the one seater sofa of his home.

"Am I invisible to you or what?" Jeongin spits out, plopped on the far right of the couch motioning at his notebook on his lap and textbook right next to him.

"And hey it's mostly those two who don't stay on topic." Seungmin adds on the left side of the couch, pointing at Hyunjin and Changbin.

"Oh my gosh I'm just breathing why am I being attacked." Hyunjin scoffs seated on the arm rest of it next to Jeongin and grabs a gummy bear from the tray of snacks laid on the coffee table.

Changbin was seated ontop of the back rest of the couch. "Look I just needed to rant ok, almost lost my life today."

"Yeah like we totally asked." Seungmin scoffed, doodling a diamond on the top corner of his paper.

"And! Like you didn't already do that at lunch." Jeongin points out rolling his eyes.

Changbin huffed. "This is part two of it because of that chase through the courtyard-"

"Hey hey hey feet off the couch what'd I say." Jisung demands and Changbin let himself drop to sit properly on the cushion seat.

Hyunjin gasped and snapped his fingers, calling for attention. "I got it, how about we listen to me instead." This ravenette suggests.

"What go on about your boyfriend? Like that's new." Felix laughs coming back from the kitchen with a cup of water.

"Hey!" Hyunjin points at the blonde who just stands behind the couch. "You're not wrong."

"Yeah he's like your personal servant.
Seungmin also points out. "Always carrying your books in the hallway."

"He even picks up for you at lunch." Jeongin throws in, scrunching his nose in a cringe way. "Ew love."

"I never ask him to do all that. He offers. But come on look at me. This pretty face."  Hyunjin clicks his tongue and sports out a aegyo cupping his face in a flower pose.

Jisung groans out because what even. "You guys-" Just then there's knocks on the door and he mumbles "Nevermind." Before bolting up from the sofa to open it. Chan enters in with Minho right behind. "Yo sorry for being late to the party."

"This is not a - sure yeah." Jisung says not bothering to correct the soft tone purple haired aussie. Then he grins a little when letting Minho inside and closing the door. "Hey."

"Hey brought these." The blondish brunette gives Jisung bags of potato chips and crunchy pretzels. "Told you I'd bring snacks."

"Yeah really cool of you thank you." Jisung replies with now a big smile curling its way in, holding the two bags, each in one hand.

"Oh! And also look. Found this guy- or gal on your frontyard." Minho shows a picture of a squirrel he took on his phone.

"Wow nice." Jisung laughs. "So when I see a rabbit or cat I'm definitely showing you. Cause you're a mix of both."

Minho just lets out a laugh and damn it Jisung just can't get enough of the sound of his laughter, or the sight of that smile, makes him so warm inside.

Minho steps further into the living room and says. "Oh woah Changbin surprised to see you're still up and breathing."

"Yeah." Changbin straightens his lips in a line pressing them together. "Though if Mark did kill me I would've haunted all of you."

"Not the one who killed you? Damn hurtful."  Chan throws in standing next to Felix who suddenly had his eyes glued to the purple head in a interest way.

"Siding with Chan here, that's not fair." Seungmin joins in on the random topic.

"I wouldn't want to see how my killer is doing in life." Changbin defends. "I'd rather haunt those i love so you guys."

"Ohh sappy grosss." Jeongin gags out getting a glare from the fun size ravenette.

"Cutie." Hyunjin snickers and reaches over to pinch Jeongin on his bread cheek. The boy swatting his hand away.

"You think everything he does is cute." Seungmin let out.

"Like I'm the only one." Hyunjin deadpanned.

Jisung couldn't with their conversations having to do nothing about studies. "I'm gonna go put these in bowls." He gestures at the bags of snacks still in his hold and goes to walk away.

"I think Minho should go help, he is the one who brought the snacks!" Felix exclaims earning a surprised look from Jisung.

"True, ok I'll go." Minho says joining Jisung's side walking with him. "Had to get out of that random ass conversation either way."

"Exactly me too." Jisung laughed going into the kitchen and put the bags on the island.

Minho stood next to him and dropped out a scoff with a grin, running his fingers through his hair. "Like what kind of a study session."

"I know right we might as well have our own. Just us two." Jisung spat and then froze at his own words. Oh maybe shouldn't have said that. Frick. Wait.

Minho had a thinking look, facing up at the ceiling, leant forward on the island. "Hm yeah doesn't sound bad."

Jisung could sigh in relief, so glad he didn't weird the other out by that suggestion. "Yeah uh one day."

"One day." Minho repeated, holding a thumbs up.

Jisung nods and returns to his task. He takes out two big bowls, and Minho had opened the bag of pretzels with ease. Jisung grabs the bag of potato chips taking both sides of the top to open it. However kinda struggled pulling them back because it wasn't opening, like fighting back. He felt embarrassed because Minho was just there watching him.

"Here let me help." Minho insists reaching out to take the bag from Jisung.

"No no I got it." Jisung laughed awkwardly, his face started to burn alittle. Fuck why did his hands feel like jello all a sudden. Surely can't be because of Minho's presence- no yeah it definitely is. Jisung kept trying and trying to open the bag, but it just wasn't budging. Oh no now his ears feel red.

"There's some scissors right there."

Jisung ignored Minho's words grunting from frustration and kept pulling and pulling. Then he finally got the bag open! But he ripped it too hard causing alot of the chips to splatter to the floor.

"Ah shit just great." He groaned and knelt down to pick up the chips.

"I'll help." Minho crouched down aswell and Jisung gave him a weakly grin and. "Thanks." The universe didn't want to be on Jisung's side at the moment and for why? He hasn't done anything wrong.

The two started picking up the dirty chips in silence, gathering them up in their free hands.

And then they reached for the same last piece of chip causing their hands to touch.

And suddenly it felt like they were in another world. One that is on Jisung's side.

They stilled and stayed like that with their hands touching. Both their eyes met instantly and held contact, immersed in this stare. The flutters that Jisung felt bubbling within, the tint of pink blush appearing in. He felt weak. Taken over. Minho's big hand not leaving the spot ontop of Jisung's small one.. No way just no way this was happening.

Then he sees Minho with a blank expression start to inch closer and closer. Jisung felt like he was in a trance, stuck in that gaze. His heart was losing it, felt like it would pop out of his chest. Then found himself doing the same action, drawn in to get close too. For their lips to touch and meet for the first time. At long last.
__

But that's not at all what happened. Because that would be too cliché and fast.

It was all played out in Jisung's mind. Nah what actually happened was waaay different friends.

"Hey uh you okay?" Minho's confused voice snapped Jisung back into reality.

He flickered his eyes quick and sees Minho with a freaked out look and even notices that Minho's hand was no longer on his. Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit.

While that lil daydream was going on, Minho had taken his hand away right as their hands touched and the whole time Jisung had been just staring at Minho.

"Oh! Yeah I'm fine!" Jisung exclaimed in a squeak. He clears his throat. "Thought I saw uh-  a spider on your head.. false alarm."

Minho's eyes were wide and nods, shifting them abit to the side in a awkward manner. "Ah okay. I'm glad you didn't like whack my head."

"Ah i-i was thinking it! That's why I was just frozen..staring." Jisung says and gulps needing to get out of this situation he doesn't need to dig deeper. He quickly grabs that last potato chip, stands up tossing the ones he gathered in his other hand into the trashcan. "Oh I think I hear Felix calling my name." He makes up and bolts out of the kitchen

Too embarrassed to even spend one more second near Minho.

Wow he's losing it. Like that fantasy wasn't at all necessary. Made him look like an idiot. As if it would even happen. Needs to get out of his imagination, not healthy in there.

First spilling that bag and then THAT. He just wanted to run to his room and hide.

The ravenette practically zoomed over to the living room where everyone was listening to Changbin go on about how this teacher keeps picking on him the most in class and how the teacher might have a crush on him.

Jisung rushed to the sofa he was at earlier, the freckled blonde on that spot. He moves off as soon as he sees Jisung coming back and sits on the arm rest instead.

Then Minho comes in with the two bowls of the snacks, setting them on the coffee table. Jisung admiring that thoughtful gesture.

Chan was the first to call out. "Hey looks like only half a bag of those potato chips were poured in."

"Yeah and?" Minho let out with a shrug.

"Nothing give me one!" Chan says and Minho grabs a chip and tosses it towards the direction of the purple haired who caught it in his mouth.

"Holy hell that was hot." Felix said under his breath only for Jisung to hear. But got kinda concerned when Jisung didn't give like a witty comment as he usually does.

"You okay?" Felix asked in a hushed tone as yet another random conversation started up, Jeongin starting it about how Hyunjin is a ugly one.

"My math teacher once said you have to hear that you're ugly if you want to be handsome." Jeongin comments.

Then Minho spits out the words jokingly. "Apply that theory on x." And everyone laughed, Changbin the hardest.

"It's the way I keep getting attacked for breathing." Hyunjin let out

Jisung was starting to grow tired of getting asked 'you okay?' honestly. He plasters on a fake grin and replies with. "Yeah I'm fine." Totally didn't embarrass the shit out of me twice.

This is why Jisung hates hates having crushes.

Then Minho's phone starts to ring and as he takes it out Seungmin says. "Sir your phone is ringing sir."

Minho fakes a laugh. "Yeah no shit, glad you pointed that out." He reads the caller id and his expression completely changes after seeing who was calling. "Uh I'm gonna take this outside."

"Go ahead." Jisung replies and watches Minho rush to the glass patio doors, sliding them open then back closed after stepping into the backyard.

As the others resumed to talking about their random shit, Jisung and only Jisung couldn't help but to keep his eyes on Minho, watching how distraught he seemed while talking on the phone. And when he had hung up just stood there thinking, lost in his sea of thoughts. Jisung had this urge picking at him to run out there and hug Minho, telling him everything is okay and that he's here for him. Because seeing Minho like that makes his heart shatter.

Minho comes back inside and Hyunjin calls out. "There you areee." He sing songed. "What happened."

"Nothing." Minho answers dropping himself on the couch beside Chan. "Just my mom asking what would I like for dinner."

Didn't seem like it at all Jisung had run across his mind.

"Alright guys." Seungmin speaks up right after. "Where should the next study session be."

"These are not even study sessions." Jisung grumbles under his breath.

"Oh I know." Changbin perked up with. "Minho's mom makes bomb ass food so I say his pl-"

"No!" Minho erupts with and the rest look at him in surprise making panic rise in his eyes. Which he's quick to control, his expression and tone switching to a casual relaxed way. "Uh no somewhere else."

"Ohhkayy?" Chan is one to speak up with concern. "Then my place it is."

"Cool! Cool yeah Chan's house it is." Minho says, forcing on a smile.

"You okay?" Jeongin asks out loud.

"Yeah just tired." Minho answers.

And yet another urge picked at Jisung this one making him want to just scream the words 'what's really wrong!" Obviously he couldn't but just keep the painful gut wrenching feeling to.

★★★★★

"

Have you noticed something..off about Minho?"

"Uh hold on." Felix says typing on his phone, leaned back on the locker next to Jisung's "Rejecting this guy who won't give up. Like not him asking me out through text. Let me just block him."

"Lix-"

"Or! What if I do date him, try and make Chan jealous." Felix gasps at his own idea and returns back to his phone. "Uh unblock actually."

"Felix I'm serious!" Jisung snaps annoyed, and the blonde faces him right away saying. "Ok sorry listening. Go. You said something about getting Minho off?"

"No!" Jisung lowers his voice and sighs deeply. "No I mean something isn't right. He hasn't talked to me and he's been really moody.  Earlier in class he even cussed at a teacher got himself sent to the principal's office. I'm really worried. I haven't even gotten his usual funny texts." He explained.

"Yeah he's not talking to me either." Felix assures, and the ravenette turns back to him. "Could ask him."

"I already did." A different voice appears and the two turned to the direction of it. They see it came from Changbin who clearly knows who they're talking about.

"And what'd he say?" Felix asked, shoving his hands in his jean pockets.

Changbin stood on the other side of Jisung who was also awaiting an answer with beady curious eyes. "He told me not to worry about it. Already not possible because I am worrying about it!"

Felix scratches his nape. "Yeah remember how different he acted after he got off the phone."

"I know, so this calls for an interrogation." Changbin says. "We pull a good cop bad cop sort of shit, dibs on bad-"

"No ok be serious." Jisung cuts him off harshly. "If he doesn't want to talk about it, then let's respect his decision. I mean yes I'd like to know too what's wrong but we can't force it out of him. It's best to leave him be untill he's comfortable enough to tell us."

"Ok sir yes sir Mr good cop." Changbin nods then darts his eyes towards Felix, pointing at Jisung with his thumb. "He'd be good cop."

Then the bell rings indicating that students have one minute to get to class. "Oh shit bell!" Changbin screams and leaves running the hall. A bunch others doing the same or walking fast.

"I don't feel like rushing to class to be honest it's all the way in the third floor." Jisung mumbles.

"Then lets be late together, I don't mind." Felix shrugs, linking their arms together. Jisung gladly accepts that offer and walks along with the blonde.

Jisung's mind filled with Minho and how he's worried about him. He hopes it doesn't take him too long to talk about what's going on that's making him more silent than ever. He'd love nothing more than to help.

★★★★★

Yes cause yes.

Also..

Purple hair Chaaaann wahh 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
571K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
282K 8.4K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...