Feral | ✓

By HalstonCarter-Rose

**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while othe... More

FERAL
FERAL: prologue
FERAL: chapter one
FERAL: chapter two
FERAL: chapter three
FERAL: chapter four
FERAL: chapter five
FERAL: chapter six
FERAL: chapter seven
FERAL: chapter nine
FERAL: chapter ten
FERAL: chapter eleven
FERAL: chapter twelve [part one]
FERAL: chapter twelve [part two]
FERAL: chapter thirteen
FERAL: chapter fourteen
FERAL: chapter fifteen
FERAL: chapter sixteen
FERAL: chapter seventeen
FERAL: chapter eighteen
FERAL: chapter nineteen
FERAL: chapter twenty
FERAL: chapter twenty-one
FERAL: chapter twenty-two
FERAL: chapter twenty-three
FERAL: chapter twenty-four
FERAL: chapter twenty-five
FERAL: chapter twenty-six
FERAL: chapter twenty-seven
FERAL: chapter twenty-eight
FERAL: chapter twenty-nine [part one]
FERAL: twenty-nine [part two]
FERAL: chapter thirty
FERAL: chapter thirty-one
FERAL: chapter thirty-two
FERAL: chapter thirty-three
FERAL: chapter thirty-four
FERAL: chapter thirty-five
FERAL: chapter thirty-six
FERAL: chapter thirty-seven
FERAL: chapter thirty-eight
FERAL: chapter thirty-nine
FERAL: chapter forty
FERAL: chapter forty-one
FERAL: chapter forty-two
FERAL: chapter forty-three
FERAL: chapter forty-four
FERAL: chapter forty-five
FERAL: chapter forty-six
FERAL: chapter forty-seven
FERAL: epilogue
FERAL: bonus
BASTARD

FERAL: chapter eight

19.9K 984 113
By HalstonCarter-Rose

Rushing around the pack, I look everywhere I can think of for North. People look at me as if I've gone crazy, but I ignore them.

Where could he have gone?

I continue to search around the pack leaving no corner left unchecked. He couldn't have gotten that far since nobody's made a huge scene.

"Doctor Glassman!" I call out when I see him walking into the hospital.

"Gaius? How have you been?" Doctor Glassman asks with a smile.

"Not very good," I tell him. "Have you seen North?"

His brows furrow. "North?"

"The feral rogue," I quickly explain.

Something flashes through his eyes but he smiles nonetheless. "I haven't, I'm sorry."

Groaning, I turn around and move to take off again. Along the way, I nearly hit Quinn who looks at me with wide eyes. Beside her is Taylor who is sporting a baby bump and carrying multiple shopping bags.

"Gaius? Are you okay?" Quinn asks worriedly.

"No," I run my hand through my hair as my eyes flick around hoping that maybe North will pop up. "North - my mate - is missing, I'm trying to find him before he runs into Gray or causes a scene."

Quinn frowns at this and nods before turning to Taylor. "Are you going to be okay walking back alone?" Taylor nods. "Well then it's settled, I'll help you, Gaius."

I shake my head. "You don't have to-"

"Nonsense," she waves me off. "Your mate is missing and I know how Gray is. Come on two pairs of eyes are better than one."

Instead of arguing with her, I nod before we move to search the rest of the pack. Every minute we spend searching the wrong area is another he spends either getting closer to Gray or maybe the pack border.

Quinn and I search practically the whole pack lands before we finally have to make our way to the woods. I was hoping to find him before and not have to check the woods but it's the only place left.

"I'll go to the south, and you can check the n-" I start to tell Quinn before I'm cut off.

"Goddess!"

Quinn and I stare at each other before making our way towards the area the scream came from. Pack members are looking around when we get there and the first thing I see is North. Without thinking, I quickly move towards him and crouch down in front of him before pulling him closer to me.

"You scared the hell out of me," I scold.

It's at that moment, I become aware of the mixture of scents behind me. Turning around, I look up and see a bunch of unfamiliar and familiar faces and a very mad Gray. My brows knit together in confusion before it clicks within my head that these are the elders and council members.

"What is that- that- abomination doing here?!" A man with green eyes asks pointing at North.

I subconsciously pull North closer to me. He stands unmoving as he watches the people in front of him. His teeth aren't bared and he isn't growling, he looks curious. The only thing that shows he isn't a regular wolf is his red eyes.

"He's my mate," I tell the man.

A collection of gasps breaks out through the crowd. North's ears perk up at the sound and he turns his head causing people to jump back or tense up as if getting ready to fight.

"Your mate?" A lady asks with a scoff. "Young man, you are confused. That is a monster, not your mate."

I frown. "With all due respect ma'am, I know the mate bond when I feel it."

The lady laughs at this. "How would you know what you're feeling when you've never experienced it before? Nevertheless, he can't stay here."

Excuse me?

I tense up at her words. If anyone wants to take North then they'll have to deal with em first.

My eyes narrow and I open my mouth to reply to her but Quinn quickly intercepts.

"Elder Rachel," she greets with a slight bow and Elder Rachel's eyes quickly lighten up.

"Quinn, my dear! You didn't know this foul beast was staying here, right? These heathens must've brought him here without your knowledge," Elder Rachel says as she glances at Quinn with a mixture of worry and pity.

Quinn's smile tightens. "North here," she gestures to my mate. "Is mated to our beta who you've already met. I can assure you he's being watched and isn't a threat."

"Watched?" The green-eyed man from before calls out from behind Elder Rachel. "The beast was free roaming when we arrived, how do we know he's being 'watched' like you claim and what about it not being a threat? All it's kind are."

Sensing the change in tone, I feel North tense within my grasp and I run my hand through his coat to try and get him to calm down. The last thing we need is a scene.

"Councilman Steele, I promise you that what you've witnessed today isn't a normal thing. North usually is not out around the pack, we are aware of what he is and have been careful to make sure he isn't in a position to cause harm to any pack members. Have you ever seen a feral rogue before, Councilman? If so you would see that North's calm personality is nothing like a normal feral," Quinn tells him.

Councilman Steele's eyes narrow at her before moving to North. Disgust clouds his green eyes.

"You may say this now, but when you realize his ulterior motives it'll be too late. We cannot let that happen and for that reason we must kill the beast. You know the way of things, young lady, I'm fairly certain that your father taught you the first and only rule that comes when dealing with ferals. Kill them on sight. The fact that you have chosen to let one into your lands has me questioning your leadership," Councilman Steele says.

"Yes, we must kill him," Elder Rachel quickly agrees.

Panic fills me and as if he can sense it, North's ears pin back in warning.

"See! He's showing you his violent tendencies!"

"I can assure you," Gray interrupts. "That we care about nothing more than the safety of our people. I'm sure all of you know more than anyone what the loss of a mate can do to a wolf especially one as high up as a beta. We're prepared to kill the rogue if he proves to be a threat, but he has not."

"I'm sure you are, Alpha Gray," Another man joins in. "I am aware of what the lost of a mate can do to a wolf and I am sorry Beta Gaius," he turns to me, his face showing no emotion and his eyes looking colder than Gray's. "But this is simply something we cannot risk, I pray that the Moon Goddess will be generous enough to recognize the flaws in her pairing and give you your true mate in the future but this monster," he gestures to North. "Must die."

Councilman Steele moves towards North and I. North lets out a warning growl but that doesn't deter him. He moves to grab North and I smack his hand away before moving in front of North. My wolf pushes forward and I feel myself begin to lose control. My canines extend out and a growl escapes my lips.

Nobody is taking or killing my mate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 8.8K 61
**This is a SEQUEL you need to read Feral first** Wolves. They're family oriented creatures and werewolves are no different. Returning home after be...
1.1K 58 19
When you are a werewolf, you care about only three things: The first one is your pack, second one is your family and the third and most important one...
33.4K 1.8K 52
Cold seeps into my bones as I wander the dark forest before me; the frigid air from the mountains enveloping me in a tight, chilling grip. Shadows da...
14.1K 692 56
The moon pack lost their Luna eleven years ago and the loss of her still impacts them all. Especially her three children and her mate. As her childr...