Worth It (N. Todoroki X Reade...

By CrazyChaoticIzzy

"You're worth it, Y/n. You deserve the world." ~~ After getting dragged to some special hero party Y/n didn't... More

Yellow Again
Chapter 1: Parties Kinda Suck
Chapter 2: Late Night McDonald's
Chapter 3: Awkward Dinner
Chapter 4: Okay, So Now There's an Actual Date
Chapter 5: Tales of Life
Chapter 6: Endeavor Exposes People
Chapter 7: Promise
Chapter 8: Pep Talks with Yonda
Chapter 9: High School Was Shit
Chapter 10: The Ridiculously Concerning Fukukado Family
Chapter 11: I Definitely Wasn't Supposed to Know That
Chapter 12: Little Imperfections
Chapter 13:
Chapter 15: Rei Todoroki
Chapter 16: Enji Todoroki
Chapter 17: Acceptance
Chapter 18: Wedding Details
Chapter 19: Panic
Chapter 20: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor
Chapter 21: The Odds Were Not in Our Favor
Extras!

Chapter 14: Eh

349 19 2
By CrazyChaoticIzzy

I seriously regret going to the café Yonda works at. This was a terrible idea. What was I thinking?

For context, I decided it would be a wonderful idea to waltz into the café with Natsuo. With my left hand on full display for all the world to see.

I am so stupid sometimes.

Almost immediately, I heard Yonda announce that she was taking her break. She quickly took off her cap and apron and threw them to the side, stepping out from behind the counter. She grabbed both me and Natsuo by the hand, forcing us to sit at her favorite table.

She stared at us expectantly, waiting for us to announce what she, no doubt, already knew.

"So," she started, trying not to sound too suspicious, "anything you want to announce, or something? Any questions, anything of the sort?"

"Yeah, we went to McDonald's last night and the ice cream machine actually worked," I replied, completely dodging what she was expecting me to say.

"It was a complete miracle," Natsuo said. "It was actually cold like normal ice cream, too."

Yonda's expressionless face was enough to get the message you two suck, you know that, right? across. She decided to say that anyways. "You two are terrible. I mean the ring! Did you propose to her?"

Natsuo broke out into a big smile, brightening up the whole room. "I did. And, as you can see, she said yes."

His bright smile caused me to smile brightly, too. It was very clear that Yonda was happy for us, but she would also never leave me alone about anything, so I know she's going to find some small detail from this moment to tease me about for the rest of my life.

"Let me see the ring!" she exclaimed, taking my hand and admiring her work. "Weow, I did a really good job on this, actually."

"I hope you did," Natsuo replied.

"Listen, it was my first time making jewelry from scratch," Yonda explained. "I even told you it wouldn't be the best and you'd be better off going to a professional jeweler, but you insisted that I make it.

"Anyways, Y/n, when are you planning on actually getting married? Because before then, I would like to throw you a bachelorette party. I could make a Pinterest board and start coming up with ideas and everything."

"Yonda, I would like to say that we only got engaged last night," I pointed out. "Right now we're really just worried about letting our family and close friends know."

Yonda nodded. "Understandable. I'm still going to start planning that bachelorette party."

"Should I be scared?"

Yonda shrugged, saying her break was almost over and she needed to get back to work. We said our goodbyes and left that café without even getting coffee. I think just the excitement of being together and engaged was enough to fuel us for the day.

I still wanted coffee, though. But not with the mood Yonda's in. Knowing her, she probably already blabbed to her coworkers about what we just told her.

Since my parents' house was closer than the hospital Natsuo's mom is staying in, we decided to pay them a visit first.

And lucky us, Emi was also there, and now we didn't need to track her down.

And of course, they all seemed to know what happened, this the intrusive questions start.

"Y/n, Natsuo, tell us everything!"

"Have you already started thinking about bridesmaids and groomsmen?"

"How many people are even attending the wedding?"

"What about a bachelor and bachelorette party?"

"So, when can we be expecting our grandkids?"

"Have you two buttered the biscuit yet?"

What the actual fuck.

I choked on the drink I was handed a few moments ago after that last question. Of course, it was asked by my wonderful father.

"Honey, don't embarrass them like that," my mother scolded. "It's quite obvious they already have. Look at how touchy they've been this entire time!"

The room was suddenly hotter than the desert. I avoided eye contact with everyone because no.

That's my only reason for no eye contact.

Sometimes I seriously regret being birthed to the parents I was birthed to.

But also now I know this is how they'll react when Emi gets engaged. Hopefully.

"You know, it's kinda sad that my younger sister—who's in college, mind you—got in a happy relationship before me," Emi said.

"Yeah, you're right. That is pretty depressing. Oh well, I guess." I shrugged, taking another drink of my water.

Emi deadpanned. "I'm done here. Bye."

She left without another word and now I'm more scared than I was a few moments ago. Mainly because she left and that now leaves my parents alone with Natsuo and I and they tend to get very . . . eh.

If that makes sense.

I really should make up an excuse and escape before this gets too eh.

"Natsuo, would you mind taking a step into the living with me for a moment?" my dad asked.

Too late. No escaping now.

Natsuo nodded, not quite sure what else to do. I could tell he was slightly intimidated because the two of them have never had that you hurt my daughter I kill you talk, and I think that's what he's expecting.

And that left me and my mother alone.

And my mom by herself is extra eh without my dad's slightly less eh to call her eh down.

I should really stop saying eh.

She waited until they were out of earshot, even taking the extra precaution to get out of her seat, look around the corner, and sit in the chair next to me. She leaned forward, whispering, "So how was it? Is he any good? How big?"

Jesus Christ, no.

I really don't want to answer because this is embarrassing.

I covered my face in hopes to sink into the floor and disappear forever.

My mom seemed to take this small action in a very different direction that I didn't intend.

She grimaced. "That bad? Oof. Well, there's not many interesting things there. I can't really help you. So he's small?"

"Mom, no. No no no no no no. Please stop."

"So he's big?"

"No. I mean— no, never mind."

"So . . . ?"

"Mom please just stop. Please."

She laughed—that one laugh moms do when they know they got the reaction they wanted out of you, you know—and leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms and legs. "I'm just kidding with you. You know size doesn't matter right? It's just an added bonus."

"Mom."

"Alright, alright, I'll stop talking." She rolled her eyes jokingly, letting out a breath and smiling brightly. "I'm so happy for you, Y/n. Remember when you were little and wanted a wedding? You would come talk to me and describe your dream dress and the one you were going to marry. He fits the description, you know. You were never very specific with looks, but you always said you wanted someone smart, someone that would accept you for who you were. Someone that favored your mind and heart over your face and frame. Just someone to be there for you until death did you part."

I smiled at the memories she resurfaced. I do remember that. I had this favorite off-white dress I would always wear while I performed a mock wedding with my mom to practice for the real thing. Of course, after grade eight I sort of gave up on wanting to get married and put that aside.

When I looked my mom in the eyes, I caught a glimpse of white hair in the dining room doorway leading out of the living room. Natsuo was standing there with my dad, practically towering over the older man. Both of them were watching the conversation between me and my mom with smiles on their faces.

My dad pat Natsuo on the shoulder, whispering something to him before addressing my mom. "We have to start getting ready."

"I'll be just a moment," Mom replied, turning her head quickly before returning her attention back to me, cupping my face in her hands "I love you, Y/n. And I love that you found that special someone." She leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Dad and I have to go now. Feel free to stay for however long you like, just don't have too much fun, okay?" She stood from her chair and winked at me, making me shake my head and hide my face in my hands.

"You too, young man," my dad said, pointing an accusatory finger at my fiancé. "Remember what I told you."

"Yes, sir."

My parents walked off to their room, probably to change into whatever clothes best suited wherever they were going. Natsuo made a beeline for the seat my mom had just sat in, sitting down and scooting a bit closer to my chair.

"So I'm the guy you've dreamed about since you were little?" he teased, wrapping an arm around me in a flirtatious manner.

"Oh my god." I covered my face yet again, wishing the if I can't see you, you can't see me rule applied to life.

My reaction made Natsuo chuckle, placing a firm kiss on my temple. "I'm just teasing. It is nice to know that you found that person in me. Because I definitely found her in you."

Well. That just made me even more flustered.

He kissed my temple again, saying, "I love you," before kissing me yet again. He rubbed his hand against my arm. "We should probably get going if you're wanting to meet my mom today."

I nodded in agreement, glad to have a quick distraction from my current flusteredness. We stood, announcing our exit and leaving the house. We grabbed a bus to the hospital since we had walked to the coffee shop and my parents house.

When we arrived at the mental institution, I hesitated outside the building.

"Hey, you okay?" Natsuo held a concerned expression on his face, stopping next to me and grabbing my hand in a comforting manner.

I nodded. "Just . . . What if your mom doesn't like me?"

His expression relaxed, probably glad that something other than my overthinking wasn't the case. "She's going to love you, Y/n. And I do, too. You don't need to doubt yourself, okay? Just act like you do around me."

I gave another quick nod, my brain still going a million miles a seconds with every possible scenario that could play out. Even the least likely ones. Like the building spontaneously catching fire or a serial killer breaking out of prison and coming to murder us.

Natsuo gave my hand a reassuring squeeze, bringing it to his mouth to kiss it softly. "Take all the time you need to prepare. Just be done before five-thirty, preferably."

I cracked a small smile at his attempt at making light of the situation.

I took a minute or two more to mentally prepare myself for every scenario imaginable. Yes, even the unlikely serial killers.

"Okay, I think I'm ready."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.9K 58
Family... That's all that really mattered to (y/n) Todoroki. That is, until her oldest brother Toya went missing and her family started to fall apart...
3.6K 154 12
FIRST OF ALL: Any resemblance to another BNHA fanfic is purely coincidental, all of this has been created by me, I solemnly swear with my hand on my...
14.9K 164 13
~{DISCONTINUED}~ New kid in class 1-A? 3 students already crushing over them, but who'll they chose? In this story, the reader(you) gets to see what...
130K 3.2K 16
DISCONTINUED In a universe where each person is born knowing an original melody, a song that no one else knows but their soulmate. Y/N L/N is a girl...