Against All Odds.. (Raekkuno)

By Icantdoshitright

Grade 12 is the most important year for both Thomas and Rachell. The two both had goals to pursue during thei... More

Chapter 1: A Rough Day
Chapter 2: A Brutal Interaction
Chapter 3: The Tutor
Chapter 4: Do You Really Care?
Chapter 5: The Amigops
Chapter 6: Get To Know Me
Chapter 8: Confused Feelings
Chapter 9: A Dead Part Of Me..
Chapter 10: Is This Flirting?
Chapter 11: The Coffee Shop
Chapter 12: Oh, So It's Not A Date?
Chapter 13: A Mirrored Jealousy
Chapter 14: 1 Heart, Two Boys
Chapter 15: A Ride Of Emotions
Chapter 16: A Craved Feeling.
Chapter 17: A Christmas Tradition
Chapter 18: Feelings
Chapter 19: The Party
Chapter 20: My Love
Chapter 21: Let It Rain
Chapter 22: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 23: A Mess.

Chapter 7: Funny Seeing You Here!

434 20 3
By Icantdoshitright

"Hey, ask the ladies. Don't ask me." He snickered.

"Gosh you're so full of your self!" I said as he received a light punch to his arm.

"Oh come on! You know you like it." He smirked.
I rolled my eyes as I gave in a smile, "quick question, why do you talk to other girls if you're with Jessica?"

"Oh, it's just fun having everyone around my finger. She'll probably break up with me if she finds out I've been texting Madison, which will probably happen soon knowing word goes around pretty quick here."

"You're texting Madison too? Damn, how many girls are you texting?"

"I feel like I have the whole school in my DMs." He laughed.
I facepalmed, "I guess I do too, but I don't text any of them back."

He laughed, "You should just play them already! It's senior year, and they most likely wouldn't text you back."

"Nah, I wouldn't do it still. But uh.. asking for a friend here, so you don't take relationships seriously?"

"Well I guess it depends on the person, and if it was a girl that I was beginning to love my dumbass would still mess it all up for popularity." He laughed aloud.

"But, why? Like what if there's a girl who genuinely wanted to be with you and would care for you, you'd just leave her?"

"Yeah? Must suck to be them." He looked at me not giving a damn about breaking any girls heart.
The bell chimed, "wow, you're cruel." He shrugged not affected by any persons' true feelings, I looked at him retreating my memories of us in 8th grade, fantasizing together about our future families in the halls. Hoping one day someone would love us and care for us, I still wish for that, now it seems he's taking advantage of how literally everyone is attracted to him.

We walked to homeroom together, right as we made it in the tardy bell rang. The teacher looked at us and clicked her tongue, as if she was waiting to mark us tardy, "take a seat." She said sternly.
As I made my way down to my seat in the back of the class I saw Isaiah throw a paper ball at Thomas, "my bad, I just missed the trashcan." Some people around us laughed and I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile as I looked at him laughing with Asher.
I huffed, why am I friends with this douche? And, why is he friends with me?
These words that accidentally slipped into my thoughts, had me thinking for the rest of the day, and all I wanted to do was ask Isaiah why is he friends with me? Is it because I'm popular? Or because we've been friends since middle school? I wasn't even sure anymore, but it was bugging me that there was a possibility my friendship with Isaiah may not be real to him.
-
It was lunchtime now, and as I was walking to the table Isaiah and I usually sit at, I saw him talking with Madison. I wasn't entirely bothered.
It's not like he's replacing me or anything. He would never.
Not wanting to really bother him, I walked to my next option which was  with Jessica, but she was busy too. She was hanging out with other girls that I never really knew. I didn't wanna be lonely during lunch, not that I ever really cared about what others think, but I guess since I have a reputation I can't ruin it, especially for Isaiah.
I didn't really have any where else to go, so I just made my way outside to where Thomas was. "Hi!" I beamed a smile. Fear was struck into him, I giggled awkwardly feeling bad, wow, that's twice already.
-
We shared the bench, and talked to each other. But while doing that I managed to slip out my mom and I argue and fight a lot.
"Oh, I'm sorry..!" He said, I looked down and held my arm, feeling like I shouldn't have said that.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked politely, putting his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and felt slightly flustered, "I-I-" He stared deeply in my eyes, and I was at lost for words. Thankfully I was saved by his friends, Micheal and Toast. I never knew why they called Jeremy Toast, but I heard that's what he's known for now.
-
We sat there together for a few minutes chatting, I really enjoyed the conversation with them, and they all made me laugh, all their personalities were just so bubbly and fun.

"Wow, I wish my friends would let go a little bit like you guys. They have a completely different humor, but I dig this." I said smirking, hoping to assure them they were cool to hang out with.

"Yeah, your friends really do find humor in other things. We usually just joke around and mess with each other." Micheal said munching off his lunch.

"yeah, they do.." I looked down, and that's when that thought slipped into my head again, Isaiah and I have different interests too, why is he my friend still? I shook my head, trying to change my train of though, "Well, I-I should get going." I stood up taking my tray, "thanks for inviting me to stay though, you guys seem nice, but I should get going." I mainly focused on Thomas, and beamed a smile. He waved bye, and I entered the cafe again.
The loud room was mainly filled with freshmans and sophomores finishing their food, most seniors usually ate on the roof, where the lunch tables are outside, in their car, and some of the seniors who had cars would drive to get fast food. I'd think that Isaiah would be with the crowd, pranking lunch-ladies, egging cars, or shoving people's faces in their lunches. But he always sat in the same spot, usually with his girlfriend, Asher, me, or a random girl he's willing to hook-up with. We never sat together as a group, we only really talked during the hall breaks, and usually keep everything to our selves.
-
I walked back to where Isaiah was talking to Madison earlier, and saw him sitting alone, "What's up?" I joined him on the bench.

"oh!" he smiled, "I was just about to message you, what've you been up to?" He put his phone away giving me his attention.

I looked at him, hesitant to tell him about hanging out with Thomas. "Well I was just hanging out with Thomas and his friends."

"Thomas..? Who the fuck is Thomas?" He looked down re-collecting his memories and thoughts, he snapped his fingers once he remembered, "ah! The geeks right? You were hanging out with them?" He chuckled, "How cute, so what did you say to reject them?" He leaned forward waiting for my response.

"Rejection? What do you mean?" I asked confused

His eyes widened, "You didn't give them your number, right?" He asked pretty concerned.

Understanding what he thought had happened, I quickly re-assured him that nothing 'romantic' happened, or is happening between Thomas, his friends and I.

He gazed at me oddly, "well anyway I was wondering if I could go over after school, that cool with you?" he smiled. Immediate butterflies swarmed my stomach of just thinking about Isaiah at my room, "u-uh, yeah! That's fine, and I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind either." I giggled nervously.

"great, what time should I be there?"

Before I could give him a specific time, I remembered Thomas was gonna tutor me after school. "Shit!" The curse word slipped out my mouth.
"Is everything ok..?" He asked curiously.

"You know, actually you can't come over after school." I said hoping to beat around the bush, and not get to the point.

"What do you mean, you just said yes?"

"Well I'm being tutored after school, Mrs. Gabs assigned a tutor to me because I'm failing her class, and I tried so hard getting out of it. I told the tutor I didn't have the time to stay after school, or to meet at a certain place. I also told him I didn't need help in the first place, and that I'd get the work done by myself, but then he would say something else to make it possible again! Like they offered to go to my damn house." Actually, I wasn't entirely bothered by Thomas being my tutor. In fact, I guess I enjoyed him coming over to tutor me after school, but I wanted to make it seem that if Isaiah found out I was being tutored by Thomas, I tried my best to deny everything that occurred.

"Damn, your tutor must be thirsty as fuck then." He laughed briefly, "Can't you just cancel on them? Or who is it, I'll tell them for you."

"O-Oh. Um, well-" Before I got the words out, two guys began shouting at each other in the main cafe.
"Hold on Raechel," Isaiah rolled his eyes and walked over there calmly. I followed his lead to the crowded area. Once we made it there, it was a dude gripping another guy's collar tightly on the floor as if they were gonna fight.
"Oh, look at the cute little freshman's fighting on my ground." Isaiah mocked. Clearly the aggressive freshman was scared, but tried not to show it, "so?" The freshman let go of the person on the floor and stood up to Isaiah, "what're you gonna do it about it?"

That's all it took, fire appeared in Isaiah's eyes, "oh, I can show you what I'll do about it!" He gripped the freshman's shirt aggressively and had him pinned to the ground, "doesn't seem so fun, does it?" Isaiah grinned widely and chuckled. Then got pulled back by one of the cafe supervisors.
Could've been here sooner, but I guess they did just save someone's life from Isaiah.

Isaiah pushed the guard off him, and dusted himself off. "Follow me, both of you." The supervisor commanded.
The freshman looked awfully scared, but Isaiah was used to this sort of thing by now.
I took a breather as I collected everything that had happened in the last few seconds. I was gonna make my way back outside to Thomas, but as soon as I turned to the back door my name was called by Jessica. Of course I put on a fake smile and walked over there happily.
-
For the rest of my classes Isaiah kept quiet, which probably meant he was pissed off. I was gonna wait for him after school hoping I'd run into him after his gym class, but I had no sign of him. Eventually my mom pulled up and I just hopped into her car. Like usual, no conversation was spoken. We got home, and I walked to straight to my room. I could already hear my dog scratching at the door, he usually stayed in my room especially after he chewed up my mom's sofa cushions.

"Mika!" I shouted excitingly as I swung my door open. He couldn't stop jumping on me and I giggled and cupped his head in my hands. I kissed his fore-head, closed the door behind me and crawled onto my bed.

-
Not to long after Rae was lying in bed, her mom entered her room letting her know that Thomas had arrived. Rae walked out of her room happy to see Thomas. She greeted him warmly and they entered her room. The dog welcomed Thomas by giving him some kisses on his face.
They talked for a little bit, and Thomas ended up convincing Rae to complete 1 assignment. Total bummer for her, she never gives into anyone so quick, or without a fight.
After they accomplished that, Rae powered on her PC. As promised, they played Valorant, not together but switching turns. Rae was enjoying her time with Thomas.
The whole time she couldn't stop smiling, then after playing Valo for a while, she invited him to watch a movie. Thomas's face lit up. He agreed happily and they watched a movie together.
-
Moments after the movie was over, they had a personal talk, one that Rae actually enjoyed. She got to talk to someone who understood her, and that's someone she's been waiting for every since she was younger.
She was actually beginning to like Thomas after that, maybe he wasn't a total geek and nerd. He knew how to have fun and joke around they way she liked, that's something Rae has truly been wanting to find. She would always think about him, but in a friendly way. Right?

After Thomas left, Rae ate dinner and shortly after made her way back to her room. She sulked in her chair feeling alone now since no one was there to accompany her, watch her succeed, and to notice her progression. With time flying by, snuggled up in a blanket, cuddling with her dog, led Raechel to feeling drowsy, and her eye-lids felt heavy. Without any doubts she ended up falling asleep with her phone resting in the palm of her hand.
-
The next day she woke up from the sun peeking through her curtains, giving her a warm 'good morning.' She groaned and pulled the covers over her head not wanting to wake up early on a Saturday. She poked her head out of the blanket, and used her hand to cover the sun from beaming her face. She looked around and still saw Mika sleeping, she had to take advantage of the time of while he wasn't being a little ball of energy and sleep more.
When she woke up it was around 10:30. She already had her day set out. She was gonna eat breakfast, get ready for the day, play valorant, and then take Mika on a walk. It was a solid plan for the day figuring she'd be doing it by herself. Right?
After eating breakfast, she walked back to her room which also had her bathroom. In there, she applied make-up and made herself feel prettier and comfortable with showing herself off.
With that being finished, she rolled in her chair excitingly as Valorant loaded.
She was enjoying herself as she played, she laughed so many times at her fails, and cheered at her successes. But before she could play as long as she wanted, Mika walked up to her feet and started whining. She glared at the dog with the leash in his mouth, who was wagging his tail cutley. She took a breath and immediately knew what he wanted. A soft smile crossed her face and she powered off her PC and latched the harness onto Mika's body. She walked out her room and announced she'd be back soon, and she was gonna take Mika out on a walk. With that being said, she and Mika busted out the door excited and began walking.

I truly don't know why Mika loves walking so much. Sometimes his mood will change and he doesn't want me to walk him at all and I have to nearly drag him out the door, but he can also get really excited out of nowhere and want to run across the whole entire world.
-
I sighed as the chilling breeze flew through my hair, as we made it to the park I was panting Mika had been dragging me around everywhere and making me run. "Come here Mika." I called in exhaustion. He followed me to the park and I crashed on a hill that was shaded by a big oak tree and it's leaves. I sighed and pet Mika as I rested on the thin blades of grass. I closed my eyes with the leash in my hands, and Mika next to me.
Shortly after, I just heard Mika barking and chasing a butterfly, I sat up to shut him up so he wouldn't bother other people and their dogs, but then I saw Thomas glance at me right as I glared at him. "Thomas?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446 34 9
The campus of Silver Crypres University or (SCU) was buzzing with excitement as the new school year was about to start. All the students were eager t...
12.9K 397 21
sykkuno and corpse are beginning there last year of college. corpse sees sykkuno being bullied but doesn't help?!?! He then finds out that sykkuno is...
24.6K 934 25
Sykkuno moved to a new school, which means new friends and being bullied. It was his first day but nobody wanted to be his friend, Sykkuno was alone...
922K 27.3K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...