It takes two | Sirius Black

By ohsnapitzmer

You can let it go, you can throw a party full of everyone you know, you can start a family who will always sh... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
51.
52.
53
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.

50

3.5K 98 22
By ohsnapitzmer

Sirius watches as Kate scrubs the dishes, piling them on the strainer besides her. She has a big claw clip securing her hair at the back of her head, loose strands either side framing her face. This is how he'd pictured it years ago, Kate in her apron in their kitchen cleaning or cooking, him besides her attempting to help but ultimately getting in her way. The kids running freely outside with the dog, both parents able to see them from the kitchen windows, their friends popping in and out with their own children.

He can't help staring at her, this was the most beautiful version of her. A mother. A home maker. A warrior. His wonderful Kate, the girl who never stopped believing in him even when everyone else had.

This was a moment he wanted to hold onto forever, the way her hair was dumped messily, no makeup and yellow rubber gloves reaching past her elbows. He smiles to himself, twelve years and his love for her hadn't faded at all. It had been buried, deeply but it hadn't gone anywhere. He allowed himself to dream about her, allowed himself to picture their future- its what kept him going in Azkaban. It what kept him alive when all his hope was gone.

He looks away, his heart hammering against his chest desperately wanting to break free. What he didn't know is that Kates heart was doing the same, trying to meet Sirius' heart halfway to become one again. To become whole. She could feel his eyes on her when she wasn't looking, she felt the moment he took them away again. The kids come first.

Kate glances over her shoulder at Sirius, he's bent over stroking the dog who's wagging his tail excitedly. A few weeks ago, Bowie was Sirius' number one enemy, always growling and baring his teeth at him and now they were inseparable. Sirius looks up, his eyes meeting Kates, both of their hearts stopped with a jolt. Kate quickly turning her attention back to the final knife that needed to be cleaned.

She could feel Sirius watching her. She scrubbed the knife over and over again, soap suds soaking the entire knife and the sides. Sirius smiles to himself, he can tell she's nervous. He makes his way behind her, watching her clean the knife over her shoulder.

"I think that knife is clean now." He teases.

Kate nods, placing the knife down on the strainer and removing the gloves, "Yeah it's definitely clean. I was just making sure..germs and things.. you know?"

"Yeah. I know." Sirius smiles, "Germs can be deadly."

Kate turns to face him, he's much closer than she had anticipated. There bodies are pressed against each other, she moves back slightly her bum touching the edge of the sink. There's no where for her to go. She feels frozen to the spot as she looks at him.He smirks down at her with that Sirius Black grin and she feels her heart thumping with nerves.

"Exactly.." She says in a whisper, the words getting stuck in her throat.

He reaches forwards, closing the little tight space between them as he tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "I missed you."

"I missed you too."She says softly, her eyes starting to gloss with tears, "I never doubted you. Not once."

He inhales sharply, she had said this before but he hadn't really believed it until Zion yelled at her about it. He looks into her blue eyes, they're the same misty shades of pale blue that he'd always remembered but having them right in front of him relaxed him.

"Was there anybody else?" He asks, his heart racing. He wanted to know. He had to know, even if the answer hurt.

Kate looks at her feet with guilt, "I slept with someone, but it ended in tears."

Sirius presses his lips together, "I hate the idea of you spending twelve years alone."

"I wasn't alone. Not really. I had the kids and Regulus." She smiles, "I had our family and I had hope that you would come home and now here you are."

"Here I am." He confirms with a smile.

He didn't think much about the person she slept with. He didn't care. Kate was still in love with him and still wanted him. That's all that mattered. Who cares if she slept with someone whilst he was rotting in Azkaban? She deserved a little fun..even if it did end in tears.

"I never stopped loving you, Sirius." She says as the tears start rolling down her cheeks.

Sirius wipes them away with his fingers as he cups her face. He plants a soft kiss on her forehead, sending shivers down her spine, he rests his forehead on hers and whispers, "I never stopped loving you mi amor."

He tilts her head up towards him, leaning in and kissing her lips for the first time in twelve long years. It was a long time coming, the room spun as their tongues met and danced with joy. It was as if a puzzle had finally snapped together, complete and whole again.

He lifts her up onto the cabinet and spreads her legs so that they wrap around him. He kisses her with urgency, neediness and longing. Her hands explored his back as he held him, their kissing becoming hard and desperate.

"Stop." She chokes out suddenly, pushing his chest gently, "We can't do this."

Sirius stumbles backwards, leaning against the kitchen table for support. He touches his lips as they ache for hers, he nods with realisation. He made a promise to himself to put his children first.

"I'm sorry. You're right." He nods, "I need to prove myself to the children before I prove myself to you."

"Sirius." Kate says, "You have nothing to prove to me. I've waited twelve years for you, what is a few more months?"

"Okay." Sirius agrees, "Once Zion is onboard, I'm finally making you my wife."

"Is that so?" Kate smirks.

"Yes." He grins back, his eyes sparkling with hope and desire, "Abso-fucking-lutely."

"In that case, I can't wait to finally marry you."

**********

Zion stares at his little sister, the three giggling girls standing behind her. He was happy she had made friends but now he wasn't so sure about them. They weren't the kind of girls he would have expected Marlie to be friends with. They had short skirts, orange makeup slapped on and they carried themselves with an attitude unlike Marlie's.

He only came in the Great Hall to grab some food and then leave. It was bad enough Annabelle and her cousin, Claudia were bitching about him a few seats behind him. The other ex girlfriend, Jade, was in his eye line, scowling miserably at him. He thought he'd got away with that mishap but clearly time does not heal anything.

"So I just wanted to introduce you to them." Marlie explains nervously.

He looks down at her, why the hell was she so nervous? He shrugs and then nods, attempting to make his sisters life a little easier.  The three girls rush towards him like a pack of wild animals and giggle in his face.

"I'm Scarlett." One of the girls says, fluttering her long fake eye lashes.

"I'm Hannah."

"Laura." The last girl nods awkwardly, clearly sensing the weird atmosphere.

"Right." He nods, what the hell else was he supposed to say to these twelve year olds?

"Is it true your favourite colour is red?" Scarlett smiles, "My name is a shade of red."

Zion shakes his head, "My favourite colour is black. Now if you don't mind, I've got to see a man about a dog."

He did actually have to see a man about a dog. A particular black shaggy dog. He manoeuvres past the giggling girls, shaking his head at his sister to show his disapproval and squeezes into the seat next to  Phoenix and across from Harry.

"Either of you spoke to Padfoot?"

Phoenix looks surprised, "You want to talk about him?"

"I wrote him a letter but he's not got back to me yet." Harry says with a shrug.

"Just be careful. I heard the ministry are tracking mail." Zion warns, "I'm not entirely sure what they're checking for but just incase."

At that moment Luna Lovegood walks by waving happily at Harry and Phoenix. Zion let's out a small laugh, Phoenix nudges him in the ribs.

"Shut up." He hisses at his brother.

Zion frowns, "What? Trouble in paradise with the girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" Harry asks staring and Phoenix then to Luna with a puzzled expression.

Zion registers Harry's confusion and side eyes his brother questionably. He can see Phoenix turning a brighter shade of red, not the embarrassed kind but the kind of embarrassment you get when you're caught in a lie.

Zion face palms and audibly groans, "Nix can I have a word?"

Phoenix shakes his head, "No you're alright thanks."

"Now."

Zion is already on his feet, walking away from the Gryffindor table and Phoenix knows he has to follow. He had to try and explain his way out of it, Zion had always believed Luna was his girlfriend and he'd never given him reason to suspect otherwise.

When Phoenix reaches the hallway, Zion is leaning against a pillar with his arms folded. He raises his eyebrows at his younger brother, awaiting his explanation.

"You assumed." Phoenix mumbles.

"You never denied it." Zion frowns, "Do you like her or something?"

"Or something." Phoenix says under his breath, but unfortunately loud enough for Zion to hear.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Please don't." Phoenix pleads, his eyes begging his older brother to stop.

Zion let's his arms fall to his side as he watches his little brother fall apart. His eyes pleading with Zion to let it go, his face crumpled with an unknown anguish.

"Alright alright." Zion whispers, "I'm sorry for assuming.."

Phoenix nods, wiping a stray tear on the sleeve of his robes. Zion steps forward with deep concern, Phoenix shakes his head at himself.

"So stupid." He mumbles as more tears leave his eyes.

"Nix?" Zion whispers, "What is it? What's happened?"

"I can't tell you." Phoenix struggles to get the words out, "I can't tell you,Zion."

Zion looks at his younger brothers grey eyes, they're filled with so much pain and sadness and Zion suddenly feels extremely protective over him. He just wants to take whatever pain he is feeling away, because that's what big brothers do. They fight, they argue, they bully each other but at the end of the day they have each others backs.

"You can tell, Nix. You can trust me." Zion says, desperation leaking through the cracks in his own voice, "What is going on?"

Phoenix looks up at his older brother, the concern and sadness on his face makes his heart drop. He never wanted to make Zion feel bad or scared for him.

"Please Nix." Zion begs, "I can help you. Whatever it is. If you're in some sort of trouble I can get you out of it. Please just trust me."

"I can't tell you because you will hate me." Phoenix sobs, it's a loud unbearable sound and Zion feels his heart sink.

He doesn't know what sort of trouble his brother is in but it's scaring him, Phoenix had never been like this before. He was truly scared by whatever was troubling him.

"I would never hate you." Zion tries, "I promise."

Zion stares at his younger brother, praying the words will sink in. Praying it's enough for Phoenix to open up and come to him for help. Phoenix stares, Uncle Reggie had been fine and Uncle Moony, but he hadn't told his Mum or Dad or siblings yet. He didn't want to lose a single one of them. He couldn't handle it if they disowned him or thought less of him.

He looks at the pain and desperation in Zions eyes. He gulps nervously, he's not ready to tell anybody but the longer he stares at Zion, the more he wants to let his secret out.

"I'm gay." He manages to whisper, his heart thumping loudly in his ears, his palms start to sweat as he waits for Zion to disown him.

Zion steps even closer. Phoenix braces himself for a punch, flinching as Zion pulls his brother into his chest and hugs him tightly, "You dumbass." He whispers, "You really thought that would matter to me? You're my brother."

"You don't care?" Phoenix manages to whisper.

"You can love whoever the fuck you want to love." Zion confirms, ruffling his brothers hair, "As long as you're happy then that's all that matters."

Phoenix smiles as tears stream down his face, "I really thought you would hate me."

"No.I'm not homophobic." Zion sighs, he stares at his little brother, his eyes widening with the realisation, "Oh shit! You like Pott-"

"Shut up!" Phoenix panics looking around the empty corridor, "Please don't say it."

"But you do?" Zion smirks

"Yes but he's a straight as a fucking quill." Phoenix stresses, "So let's not talk about it."

Zion frowns, "Quills aren't straight. They're slightly bent."

"Oh shut up it's the best I got."

"As straight as a line would work." Zion mutters to himself.

Phoenix rolls his eyes, "Fine he's as straight as a line. Happy now?"

"We can always set you up with Cedric Diggory."

"Cedric who?"

Zion smirks, "He's in my year. He's bisexual. That could make you get over your crush on Pott-"

"No thanks." Phoenix says interrupting his brothers last word, "I don't want a relationship."

"Amen." Zion agrees receiving a frown from his brother.

"You had three girlfriends last year."

"Will everyone please stop reminding me?" He groans in annoyance, "It was a bloody mistake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 149K 89
"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
2.2M 57.7K 136
Madison Parker, was a pretty shy girl. She never drew attention to herself, and steered clear from all of the marauders well, James Potter and Sirius...
14.2K 525 15
Harry Potter - the Marauder era - modern day. Sixteen year old Sirius Black accidentally messages the wrong number and starts talking to a guy who is...