It takes two | Sirius Black

By ohsnapitzmer

You can let it go, you can throw a party full of everyone you know, you can start a family who will always sh... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50
51.
52.
53
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.

37.

4K 115 35
By ohsnapitzmer

Twelve years Later

Remus shuffles from one end of the room to the other, he looks at himself in the mirror and groans at the reflection staring back at him. He was getting older and he felt it in every step he took. He clutches his walking stick in his hand, he hated using it in public because people treated him like an invalid.

"Are you ready, Remus?" Tate calls from downstairs, "Do you need help?"

"Piss off!" He grumbles, making his way to the stairs.

Tate, his beautiful,wonderful husband,Tate, is standing at the bottom of the stairs, staring up at him with his infectious smile.  Remus rolls his eyes, his own smile betraying him as he makes his way steadily down the stairs. Tate takes his breath away, standing there in his black suit. He has the sleeves of his jacket rolled up, showing his tattoos- one of Remus' favourite things about his man.

Remus had always known he would marry Tate one day. Tate was his person. They were both content in their small home, in the middle of rural London. It was a shit hole. They had junk everywhere, stacks of magazines and books, records and knickknacks. It resembled a junk yard but it was theres.

Tate had managed to get himself a small job to support them, he delivered groceries from the corner stall to people who were vulnerable or couldn't be bothered leaving their homes. He was a hit with the elderly women, who would ogle him and insist if they were a few years younger. Not knowing that Tate was very much gay.

It was true though. Tate was one of the most gorgeous people in the world with his dark tattooed skin and chiselled jaw. Remus had to pinch himself sometimes that this man was his husband.

"You ready for this?" Tate asks him, taking his hand in his.

"The real question is are you ready Tate? You must feel like a right old fucker today."

Tate rolls his eyes, "I'm not the one with the walking stick babe."

"But you are the one with grey hairs."

"What?" Tate panics dropping Remus' hand and looking at himself in the mirror in the hall, he checks his hair thoroughly and rolls his eyes, "Hilarious that, Lupin."

"Obviously you're not going to see them when you have freshly box dyed hair." Remus remarks, "You got dye all over the bathroom again."

"Remus! Don't you be exposing my secrets like that!"

Remus smirks to himself, Tate takes his hand and they apparate together. They land on their feet, Remus staggers slightly but Tate has hold of him. His knee and hip had just gotten worse as the years passed, he didn't always need his stick but the full moon was a week ago so it was causing him more trouble than normal.

The couple make their way to the edge of the forest. It's like muscle memory as they walk through the trees, they notice a string of fairy lights up ahead and they know they have the right place.

Rafe greets them, shaking their hands and smiling at them. He's older, he's greying but embraces the change unlike Tate. He's in his mid 40s now but still looks like a model. They haven't seen Rafe since their own wedding four years ago, but he still looks the same. He nods towards a young woman. She comes bouncing over, her hair flowing behind her in plaits.

"Hi Remus! Hi Tate!"

"Hello Daisy." Remus nods.

It's crazy to Remus that this is the same girl who used to bite everything as a toddler. She's grown into a polite and intelligent young lady, Rafe raising her on his own in his flat in London. She was a real credit to him. He hates himself for once thinking so badly of Rafe, he was probably one of the few decent people left in the world.

Daisy smiles, "Can you believe Ben and Walid are getting married? It's sooo romantic."

"Don't get any ideas, you can wait until university is finished." Rafe mumbles shaking his head at her.

"Yes Dad." She laughs, flashing her perfect straight white teeth.

Remus looks at his walking stick, he looks at the other three werewolves in front of him. They had scars but they weren't as ghastly and prominent as his own, Daisy had only two across her face. He was slightly envious that he hadn't been raised the way they had. He was always taught to fear the werewolf, to fear the monster inside of him and now he had a pissing walking stick at aged 32.

Tate, Rafe, Daisy and Remus take their seats, Daisy is besides herself with excitement. Rafe rolling his eyes at her, reminding her once again that her education was her biggest power. The music starts and the audience stand, Ben and Walid walk down the aisle hand in hand, smiling at eachother like there's no one else in the world. They only have eyes for each other. They had always been like that, even before they realised it was love.

The ceremony is short and sweet, Remus cries and Tate laughs at him, giving him a tissue to wipe his eyes. After the wedding, Ben approaches Remus with a look of relief.

"I wasn't sure if you would come." Ben nods, "I'm really happy you're here, both of you."

"We're happy to be here." Tate smiles, "I always knew it was more than friendship. I have to say friends to lovers is my favourite book trope."

Ben snorts, "Alright whatever nerd."

"Congratulations." Remus smiles, remembering the first time he ever met Ben when he was just nine years old.

God he was getting so fucking old.

"I actually had someone I wanted you to meet but she took one look at you and ran off." Ben sighs impatiently, "She ditched my wedding."

"Oh?" Remus blinks, feeling guilty.

Ben shrugs, "It's fine, I've only known her a few weeks but I thought you might be able to help her the way you helped us. She's only a kid."

"What's her name?" Tate asks curiously, looking around at the remaining guests.

"Selene." Ben says as Walid takes Bens hand in his and kisses his cheek.

"She's only thirteen." Walid adds, "We stumbled upon her a few moons ago, she was scared shitless."

Tate sighs, "We don't take in werekids, it's against the rules for two werewolves to raise children together."

"I know but she was feral, uneducated.. thought Remus might be able to teach her a little." Ben shrugs, "I just felt bad for her that's all."

"Is she one of Greybacks?" Remus finds himself asking, he avoids eye contact with Tate.

"It's hard to tell." Walid shrugs.

Remus presses his lips together, "You're sure she's only thirteen?"

Ben nods, "She can't be much older than that.She said her birthday is in May."

"Remus." Tate warns sternly.

Remus ignores him, his aching heart leaping with possibilities. Tate grabs his hand, forcing Remus to look at him, his eyes are sad as they beg Remus not to jump to conclusions. They'd been here too many times before, Tate having to pick Remus' broken heart up and glue it back together each time they had a false lead.

"We don't know that it is her." Tate reminds him softly.

Ben and Walid look at each other with confusion, Ben looks back at Remus as someone takes him away to talk to other guests. Walid is pulled in the other direction as he stares at Tate, a knowing feeling in his gut. They're still looking for Remus' daughter after all these years.

********

"I know it's her." Remus says, sipping his morning coffee and biting into his toast, "We just need to find out where she goes from
Ben and Walid."

"They already told you, they don't know. She comes to them." Tate sighs sadly, "I can't have you ripping yourself apart again."

"I just have a really good feeling." Remus nods confidently, "I just know it's her."

Tate doesn't speak as history repeats itself in front of his eyes. Remus being blinded by hope. When Remus' daughter was three, news broke in the paper that Amelia had been found dead. She had been killed and ripped apart by her own kind. It was mentioned nowhere about her leaving behind a child, but now she was dead, Remus saw it as his chance to get his little girl back.

Tate helped, months turning into years. The leads turning into dead end after dead end. Remus insisted she was still out there, because he could feel it and his little girl needed him. Tate nods along, sipping his cup of tea and munching his crumpet.

It's best to let Remus dream a little, to let his mind run free with hope sometimes. Tate watches Remus' spark come back, his eyes twinkling with life as he talks. Tate basks in the moment, scared for when it's over. He loved Remus with every bone in his body. He hated the moments Remus broke and he couldn't handle fixing him up again. He needed this lead to be the one because he was scared of what would happen to the man he loved if it wasn't.

There's a knock at the door, Remus shuts up and glances at Tate. They never had visitors. Remus struggles to his feet, finding his wand in the back of the junk drawer and holds it at the ready.

Tate stalks forward, opening the door and Remus nearly faints. Professor Albus Dumbledore stands at the front door, in his stupid purple wizarding cape and his half moon spectacles. Remus can't help but feel ill at the sight, he'd not seen Dumbledore in twelve years.

"Professor?" Remus says blinking as she puts his wand in his pocket.

"Hello, Remus." Dumbledore nods, stepping into their cramped small house.

Remus looks at Tate with a shrug. Tate closes the front door, regretting putting off the tidying for the last six years.

"Cup of tea?" Tate offers as Remus stares at the elderly man.

"Lovely." Dumbledore nods stiffly, "Remus, I was hoping we could have a private chat?"

Remus looks at Tate, silently praying he will stay but he doesn't. He goes into the kitchen to prepare the tea he had just offered the elderly man. Remus rushes to the sofa moving his boxers off the arm rest, straightening up the pillows a little and offers Dumbledore a seat. He looks at the state of the livingroom and cringes, this is why they never had visitors.

Dumbledore smiles politely staying stood, "How have you been,Remus?"

"Yeah..fine.." He shrugs awkwardly, kicking an empty pizza box under the sofa with his foot.

"I have an offer for you."He says, his eyes twinkling with delight.

Remus shakes his head, "No thank you."

If Dumbledore is offended, he doesn't show it. He looks around the small house, noticing a photo of Remus with Zion and picks it up to inspect closer. Zion is clinging onto Remus' neck tightly, refusing to let go. He puts the photo back and smiles.

"Zion is an excellent student."

That catches Remus' attention, he sinks into the sofa and watches as the man continues to touch things dotted around his home.

"Remus, I am not here with the Order. The Order have remained dormant for quite some time now. I have an opportunity for you. A job if you like."Dumbledore explains staring at Remus pointedly, "I am correct in thinking you received straight As in your time at Hogwarts. That kind of talent is wasted sat around, doing nothing."

"I have lycanthropy. I can't exactly work, nowhere will hire me. Tate's bloody lucky to have the job he has." Remus mumbles.

Dumbledore nods, "But Remus, you were born to teach."

"Teach?"

"We have a job opening for the defence against the dark arts." Dumbledore says, "And I want you to teach the students everything you know. It would be beneficial for the children to have someone who has experienced things first hand."

"No." Remus declines without a second thought.

"I've cleared it with the ministry." Dumbledore says, siting besides Remus who stiffens, "We have potions to stop you from transforming, you've heard of wolfsbane? You would not be a danger to anybody. You would get a full pay like the others. It would give you the opportunity to live like everyone else."

"Thank you for the consideration Professor but no thank you." Remus stands to his feet.

"You owe me a favour Remus. I gave you an education once and now I am asking you to return the favour and come back to Hogwarts to teach." Dumbledore says calmly, " I'm sure you have reasons to decline, but I'm calling my favour in now, Remus. Do you understand?"

Remus nods. He understood perfectly. This wasn't an opportunity for him, there was something in it for Dumbledore. There always was. He also understood that no was not an answer.

"Okay."

"Excellent. I will see you in September." Dumbledore nods with satisfaction.

Tate walks in with the mug of tea on a tray, Dumbledore bids him farewell before leaving the house.

Tate looks at the tea, " I knew I shouldn't have faffed around. What did he want anyway?"

"He wants me to teach at Hogwarts."

"Oh wow! That's fantastic!" Tate grins, balancing the try on a stack of movies, "You're a great teacher."

Remus hums and shrugs as Tate wraps his arms around him and kisses his cheek.

"The kids are all students there." Remus whispers, "Zion, Nix and Harry..."

Tate steps back and looks at Remus sympathetically, "Then you'll finally get to see them again,Uncle Moony."

"And what about our daughter? I can't just stop looking for her."

"You can." Tate smiles, "You need this. This is a good thing, Remus. It's time to focus on something new. I will keep looking for her, but you deserve to be the best version of yourself. It's time to be happy, Remus."

"I don't think I can be."

"You'll take one look at those three boys and you'll be glad you went." Tate whispers, "You're going to be a great teacher."

"It's been a long time since I taught."

Tate nods, "and it will all come back to you, Professor Lupin."

"Shuddup."

"Sorry sir!" Tate winks playfully, kissing Remus, "I am so bloody proud of you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147 11 12
No one in Hogwarts remembered she used to have a brother, if they could they'd said there was no way they were siblings. Olivia knew this very well...
2.2M 71.7K 49
❝I think-I think I'm in love. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think she's the one.❞ ••••• Naomi Serdeys is peculiar, that was for sure. Despite...
859K 20.5K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...