It takes two | Sirius Black

Από ohsnapitzmer

You can let it go, you can throw a party full of everyone you know, you can start a family who will always sh... Περισσότερα

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50
51.
52.
53
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.

35.

4.5K 109 56
Από ohsnapitzmer

Sirius is the first of the friends to hold Harry in his arms, he looks down at the baby who looks exactly like his Father and beams with pride.

"We have some fucking strong genes." He says with a laugh.

"There's something we actually wanted to ask you." James smiles, "Will you be Harry's godfather?"

Sirius nods straightaway, "Fuck yeah!"

James lowers his voice, "It's just that, if anything ever happens to me and Lily, we want Harry to grow up with people around him. He'd have Zion and Phoenix as well as you and Kate, ya know what I mean?"

"Sure but nothing will happen to you."

"Better safe than sorry in these times." James shrugs.

Remus looks at baby Harry, he then looks a baby Phoenix and Zion. He forces a smile to try and hide the tears threatening to fall down his face. Tate squeezes his hand knowingly, kissing Remus on the shoulder.

"Sorry.." Remus whispers, leaving the room.

"Congratulations.."Tate says pointing aimlessly at the door behind him, "I'm just going to go and..yeah."

He runs out after Remus, James closes his eyes guiltily, "There's got to be something we can do to find Little Lupin."

"We've tried what we can." Kate whispers painfully, "I'll keep looking..we're not giving up."

Sirius hands Lily her son back, "I can't even imagine how it feels.. being around children when yours is missing.."

"She's not missing." Pete squeaks, he looks just as surprised as the others that he spoke out loud.

"What do you mean?" James asks, folding his arms and perching next to Lily.

"She's with Greybacks pack." He mumbles almost incoherently.

"Yes Pete, but the question is where?"

"Oh.."Pete says as he closes his eyes.

He almost fucked up then. He'd have to stop letting his emotions get in the way. Out of all the Marauders, other than himself, it was Remus he felt the most sorry for. He'd been given a shit deal, werewolf with life limiting restrictions and a missing child. He had dead parents. He was piss poor. He had nothing left to take and yet, life kept finding ways to hurt Remus more.

Pete thinks of the last meeting he had with Greyback present. He'd spoken of Remus' daughter then. That's how Pete knew she was okay but he couldn't tell his friends that.

Flashback

"The prophecy talks of a boy born at the end of July, being the one able to defeat the dark lord." Lucius Malfoy explains with a sinister sneer, "Our insider has informed us that both Lily Potter and Alice Longbottom are expecting."

Someone walks into the meeting, a few minutes late. Pete's blood turns to ice as Greyback comes from out of the shadows and nods to Voldemort with a smile.

Voldemort nods , "Greyback, how is our weapon doing?"

"Fine. She is a week old." He replies, "Already, she is strong."

"It's poetic,is it not?" Voldemort questions, "To have the weapon created from the same bloodline as the wizard who placed restrictions on your kind?"

"Indeed, my lord." Greyback smirks, "Little Selene is going to be deadly."

Pete gulps. Bellatrix let's out a psychotic laugh and scrapes her long nails on the wooden table, sending a painful screeching noise echoing around the room. Narcissa stiffens in her chair, holding her baby son is her arms. He starts to fidget, his tiny curled up fists waving around above him.

Peter looks around at the table, it's smaller now just like the Order. He remembers his very first meeting, the way Regulus Black looked at him. He died not long after that. He looks at Barty Crouch Junior, he looks a little lost without Regulus and Evan beside him. Worst of all, he looks at Severus, the man who'd spent years making his life unbearable at Hogwarts. Severus had made it known that he didn't trust Peter, but Peter had earned Voldemorts trust. The only trust that mattered in this room.

"Peter?"Voldemort asks, "The Order, do they suspect anything?"

"They suspect Remus Lupin or Sirius Black to be the traitor." Pete replies calmly, below the table his hands are sweating as he rubs them against his trousers, "They do not suspect me."

Because who would suspect him? Who would even consider the possibility that sweet, naive and stupid Peter Pettigrew could pull off something like betraying his friends? Betraying the Order? Betraying Dumbledore? They wouldn't even think to suspect him. The thought would never cross their minds.

End of flashback

"We have received some rather unsettling news." Dumbledore says glumly, he looks around ominously at the people seated around the table.

Alice and Lily are sat next to each other, cradling their month old babies. Kate is sat opposite with Phoenix in her arms, Zion is sat on Remus' knee. He's surprisingly quite, staring at the elderly man, watching his every move as he walks back and fourth at the top of the table.

"We have a prophecy from seer, she's one of the best." Dumbledore explains slowly, "It speaks of a boy, born at the end of July. This boy is to defeat the Dark Lord when the right time comes."

"Thats absurd." Alice snorts, looking at her own son and then to Lily's.

Several other members start to protest at the idiocy of it, Seers we're not always reliable. Sirius didn't believe in Seers at all, he had to refrain himself from rolling his eyes to the back of his skull. Dumbledore raises his hand and silences everyone.

"I think we can safely presumed than little Harry, is the chosen one." He says, his eyes wandering to the small baby in Lily's arms.

"What? He's a baby! What the fuck is he going to do?!" James snaps, "He's our son! He's not a weapon!"

Dumbledore nods, "I understand, James but I must say, if the Dark Lord finds out the prophecy speaks of someone more powerful than himself. Someone capable of destroying him one day. Baby or not, he will end young Harry's life."

Sirius' grips Kate's leg under the table for comfort, forcing himself not to react. He looks at James, his best friend who is utterly distraught at the news. He looks at beautiful Lily, tears streaming down her face. Then he looks at his innocent godson, anger building up inside of him.

"He's just a baby." Sirius hisses, "He's just.."

"Which is why we have a place of hiding for the Potters.. James? Lily? A secret location,to keep you safe. More importantly," he says his eyes filled with a hopeful glint, "a place to keep young Harry safe from harm."

James looks at Lily, he then looks at his friends, "What about everyone else?"

"They're safe." Dumbledore says, "We can't guarantee Harry's safety, but we know Voldemort won't be after the other children or adults. His sole focus will be on killing Harry, before Harry can kill him."

                               *********

No one is more relieved than Peter when the Potters agree to go to the safe location. If he doesn't know where they are, baby Harry- his nephew and James- his best friend are safe for a little longer.

Once the rest of the Order have departed, the Aunties saying a long goodbye to Lily and Harry with tears in their eyes, the Marauders are asked to stay behind with James. Dumbledore shuts the door with a flick of his wand and looks at one boy to the other.

"We need one of you three to be James and Lily's secret keeper. Only one of you can know the location of where they are staying."

"Oh that's easy." Says Remus and Pete at the same time.

"Wait.." James frowns, "What does secret keeper mean?"

Dumbledore sits down with a sigh, "It just means that one of your friends can visit. They can know where you are, they can send updates and bring whatever you may need."

"Only one of them?" James asks sadly, looking at his three best friends.

"It's fine James," Remus nods, "I think we all know you couldn't survive without Padfoot."

Pete snorts, nodding in agreement, "And Pads couldn't survive without you. He'd drive us insane with his moping."

James' eyes twinkle with tears as he looks at Sirius, "Well.. will you do it?"

"Of course I will." Sirius nods.

Dumbledore performs a spell, extracting the location from his own mind and placing it in Sirius'.

Before they leave, James hugs Sirius tightly. In a low voice he says, "Look after the others okay? Look after Pete for me."

"I'll visit as often as time allows." Sirius vows with tears in his eyes.

"Look after Potter Manor for me." James nods stiffly, "Make sure it's still standing when we're free again."

Lily hugs Kate, "I'm sorry our boys won't get to see eachother. I was really looking forward to Halloween and Christmas with them all."

"There will be more Christmases and more Halloweens." Kate says, hugging Lily tightly and fighting back the tears.

James hugs Peter, "If you're struggling or you need some help, tell Pads or Moony. They're your friends too, they're not going to make fun of you for needing help."

"Have you met Sirius?" Pete jokes stiffly, "I will, James, don't waste your time worrying about me."

Remus hugs both James and Lily at the same time, kissing the top of Lily's head and when he pulls away, he kisses little Harry on the nose. Tate shakes James' hand, hugs Lily and wishes her the best. Zion runs up to Lily, hugging her leg tightly. She kneels down, Zion strokes Harry's face.

"Bye bye baby." He says sadly, turning to James with sad puppy eyes he reaches up. James picks him up and hugs him tightly against his chest, "Bye bye Uncle James."

James bursts into tears, ruffling Zions already messy hair. "Of course you finally say my name now, you little shit."

He hands Zion to Sirius, wiping his tears on his sleeve. All of the friends stand at the end of Potter manor as they watch James,Lily and baby Harry apparate with Dumbledore to start elsewhere. Everyone stared at the space where Lily, James and Harry had just been, their hearts filled with a heavy sadness. Their home suddenly feeling much emptier.

"At least we know they're safe now." Kate says squeezing Sirius' hand tightly.

                                *********
Zion zoomed around the house excitedly, his lion costume falling off his head as he ran. Remus and Sirius had let him have a lot of sugar, they didn't expect many trick or treaters with the wards being even stronger than before. Perhaps a few brave wizarding families would knock on, but the muggles wouldn't even know the house was there.

Kate looks at Zions chocolate covered face, "I was gone for ten minutes."

"Sorry mi amor but he said please." Sirius smirks, Zion crashing into Remus' legs.

Phoenix has a fat pumpkin outfit on, Sirius had ensured to get Harry the exact same one, taking it to them in Godrics Hollow the last time he was there. Tate appears with the camera and takes a few photos of Zion with Uncle Remus. The toddler grins crazily, his eyes bursting out of his head from a sugar rush.

Then Tate takes some photos of Sirius, Kate, Zion and baby Phoenix. All smiling happily for the camera, Sirius has his arm around Kate as she holds Phoenix, Zion is stood in front of them, reaching into his treat bag for another mars bar.

"Nope." Sirius says, swiftly taking the chocolate off his son.

Zions sticks his bottom lip out, it starts to quiver as his eyes fill with tears and Sirius hands the chocolate back. Kate tuts at him as Sirius holds his hands up in defeat.

"I can't say no to him. I can't break his heart like that." He says shaking his head.

Kate reaches down and takes the chocolate from him. His bottom lip sticks out again, his eyes fill with tears and his eyebrows upturn with sadness.

"No." Kate says, putting the chocolate out of Zions reach, "You've had enough chocolate and sugar for one day."

Zion bursts into tears, wailing loudly and throws himself and the bag on the floor. The contents spill out onto the floor, muggle lollipops, chocolate bars and Honeydukes originals. Zion kicks his legs and flails his arms around as he screams.

"He'll get over it." Kate says as she steps over the tantruming two year old, "I mean Sirius, do NOT give in to him."

Kate goes into the kitchen to make Phoenix his bottle. Zion sits up, looking up at his Dad with big pleading eyes. Remus smirks at Sirius and shakes his head, following Tate into the livingroom.

"Zion you know your Mummy will kill me." Sirius says shaking his head, "Don't look at me like that."

Zion little lip sticks out again, new tears fill his eyes and Sirius takes the mars bar off the side and caves. Zion grabs it with an enormous smile, he stands up and runs off into the kitchen happily.

"SIRIUS BLACK!" Kate yells from the kitchen.

**********
Sirius throws the engagement ring box from one hand to another. He opens and closes it, inspecting the ring for the thousandth time. He hears footsteps, quickly shoving the ring in his underwear drawer, burying it amongst his boxers and socks.

"Can you come down? Zion is being Zion again." Kate sighs, Phoenix clinging to his Mums top.

Sirius steps forward and kisses her head, "Of course."

Once he gets down the stairs, he sees Zion naked on the floor, having another infamous Zion tantrum. Sirius lies down next to him, he starts to copy the toddler screaming and flailing his arms around. Zion freezes. He looks at his Dad in confusion. Sirius stops, raising his eyebrow at his troublesome toddler. Zion starts again, so Sirius starts again.

Remus walks into the house, hand in hand with Tate. A bag of groceries tucked under his arm, he looks down at Sirius and Zion screaming on the floor and shakes his head.

"Nothing surprises me anymore."

Tate smirks, "I know you want to join in."

"Yeah, I really really do." Remus admits.

Tate takes the grocery bag and nods encouragingly to Remus, "Go and let it all out."

Tate takes the bag into the kitchen, Remus lays on the other side of Zion and starts to scream and kick his legs around too. Zion stops, staring at both the adults in confusion. The two adults stop, stare back at Zion and when Zion starts again- so do they.

Peter enters the house next, he takes one look at the three of them on the floor and walks past them to the normal people.

"What the hell are they doing?"

"I think it's supposed to stop Zion from having a tantrum, but I think all three of them are just having a tantrum instead now." Tate snorts, putting the groceries away.

Phoenix starts fussing in Kates arms and she sighs, "I don't know what's wrong with him. He's not pooped. He refused his bottle."

Tate takes Phoenix and starts to walk around with him, patting his bum rhythmically. Remus walks in and freezes at the sight of Tate with the baby, his heart swells with love then aches for his daughter.

"He looks pale." Remus says as he looks at Phoenix properly.

Kate looks at him too, "Oh pissing hell."

Sirius bounces into the kitchen with a smiling Zion, "All sorted. He's not being a drama queen anymore. He still does not want pants."

"Phoenix is poorly." Kate sighs, gathering her things. "It's probably nothing but I think I'll take him to St Mungo's just incase."

Sirius nods, "I'll stay here."

"You're meant to be seeing James." Remus says, "We can stay with Zion, right Tate?"

"It's not that. I just don't want to be miles away from home incase something is wrong with Nix." Sirius sighs, "I'll send a message to James, he'll understand."

Sirius hadn't been to see James for a few weeks now. It was frustrating but life often got in the way and Phoenix being poorly was another thing that had to take priority. He felt bad, James and Lily didn't have many visitors. They only had each other and Harry, the occasional visit from Sirius or Dumbledore. They were completely isolated in Godrics Hollow, but they were safe.

**********
On Phoenixes first birthday, the Potters sent him a giant teddy bear. Zion robbed it after an hour, hugging it tightly and crying for Uncle James. Phoenix was too young to understand, but Zion remembered Uncle James.

He could point James, Lily and Harry out in photos and he would ask where they were. Sirius would promise Zion he would see them soon, then it would repeat a few days later.

Sirius told the boys stories from Hogwarts to get them to sleep at night, he would tell them stories about the Marauders pranks. He would tell them stories about him and Regulus growing up in Grimmauld Place. He would tell them stories about how he fell in love with their Mummy.

Zion was old enough that he would listen to each word his Father said. He had started to ask questions about Regulus or James when they were mentioned in the stories. Sirius started to tell stories about the future instead, telling them they'd have their own house next door to James. Peter and Remus would also live on the same street. They'd spend every Christmas together like they used to. They'd have a dog, a German shepherd called Bowie. These stories gave Sirius hope.

They gave him hope when the news broke about the Prewitt twins, Fabian and Gideon, had been murdered.

They gave him hope when he found out Alice and Frank Longbottom, had been tortured to insanity.

They gave him hope when the news broke that Marlene, their friend Marlene and her entire family had been killed.

They gave him hope when Dorcas Meadowes, went off on her own mission to avenge her fiancé. They had only been engaged for three days. Dorcas was murdered by Voldemort himself.

Stories of the future, gave him hope when he drank a few too many fire whiskeys to cope with the deaths of a few too many close friends. They gave him hope when him and Kate argued viciously about leaving Potter manor.

Stories of the past reminded him that the future was not promised.

**********

"Thanks for meeting with me Wormy." Sirius whispers, sipping his cold beer.

Peter nods, looking around the muggle bar nervously, "I'm worried about you, Padfoot."

"Don't be." Sirius smiles, "I do need a favour though."

"Sure, what's up?"

Sirius inhales slowly, "I need you to take over as secret keeper."

"What?"

"It's only a matter of time before they come after me." Sirius mumbles, "I'm not like Alice and Frank, I'll cave the second they use crucio on me. I'm not good at blocking out legilimency. They won't even suspect you."

"Why not ask Remus?"

Sirius laughs bitterly, the escape of the inappropriate insane Black family laughter, "I don't trust, Remus."

"I don't understand, I thought Remus was your best friend."

"You don't think he wouldn't join them if they offered up his daughter?" Sirius raises his eyebrows, "Hell if they had my sons I'd join them too, but they don't. They have got his little girl though."

"Okay." Pete whispers reluctantly, "Okay. I'll do it."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

21.6K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
299K 7.8K 34
He looks up, and those hazel eyes pierce mine. I don't look away because the seriousness in his gaze holds me there. "Lily, I love you." *I do...
14.2K 525 15
Harry Potter - the Marauder era - modern day. Sixteen year old Sirius Black accidentally messages the wrong number and starts talking to a guy who is...