Fallen Determination (Optiona...

By Red_Knife

Determination is one of the strongest things in the whole world that can allow you to mess with the time itse... More

Chapter 1: Chase
Chapter 2: Awakening
Chapter 3: New life
Chapter 4: Human?
Chapter 5: Snowdin
Chapter 6: Memories
Chapter 7: Ancient Magic
Chapter 8: New human
Chapter 9: False Hope
Chapter 10: First Blood
Chapter 11: Waterfall
Chapter 12: Just a Machine
Chapter 13: Fire Fight
Chapter 14: Choice
Not a chapter: Announcement
Chapter 15: Promise
Chapter 16: Hotland
Chapter 17: Final Showdown
Chapter 18: The Judgment
Chapter 19: The End
Chapter 20: Retry
Chapter 21: Last Chance
Chapter 22: Time Glitch
Chapter 23: Family Break
Chapter 24: Special Show
Chapter 25: Mother's Wrath
Chapter 26: Part of the family
Chapter 27: Deadly Deal
Another announcment
Chapter 28: Confronting yourself
Chapter 29: Kindred spirits
Chapter 30: The Plan
Chapter 31: The Core
Chapter 33: Return of Determination
Chapter 34: Peace
Chapter 35: Final Conflict
Chapter 36: New Beginning
Chapter 37: Inner conflict
Chapter 38: Horror
Chapter 39: The Human
Chapter 40: Alone
Chapter 41: The Echo
Chapter 42: All-in
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Searching for help
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 32: Lost Hope

732 28 2
By Red_Knife

Chara's POV

Once again through all the pain in my head I slowly started to regain my consciousness. Once again I got brutally knocked out and looks like the fact that I know who that Creature is - didn't stop it from hitting me in the face...

Looks like other DOA was completely different from my one...

But as soon as I opened my eyes, they widened up in shock. I was facing the floor of the Judgment Hall and looks like that Creature brought me here. For some strange reason...

I slowly started to get up from the cold floor and let out a silent painful moan since my body was still in pain. That Creature beated me without mercy back there. But I probably should thank the stars since that thing didn't finish me off... Yet.

- Oh, dear, you're finally woke up! - suddenly I heard familiar to me voice, - I was worried he beated you up so hard that you're not going to wake up at all. Ah, but you're too tough girl to kill and that's why I like you~

That voice... It pretended to sound as soft as possible and also tried to express some sort of worry, but at the same time - I could literally hear how he nearly laughing while teasing me.

- No... - I whispered in disbelief while my whole body slowly started to shake from different emotions... Disbelief, hatred... And fear. He can't be back. He can't! - You couldn't come back! H-he killed you, he said you'll never... He said... NO!

- Oh yeah, your DOA killed me in this universe for good. He truly got rid of me in this universe, but you know... - he giggled while I simply couldn't look at him, - After me and my partner finished off our own timeline I thought about the others. I thought about those who doesn't follow the script and who thinks they can change the scenario of MY show.

- Your show?! - I growled in rising anger, - You're nothing, but a psychopath with the powers to control the time. But you're no god, you're nothing! Didn't you have enough fun in your world?! Why did you decide to destroy other ones too?! We're not toys for you to play with, you monster!

- Oh, what a drama. I like that, - he giggled, but then slowly approached me and made look in his eyes. I remember his terryfing purple eyes, but now.... They were shining with bright red color. Maybe even brighter than mine ones. Hell, I even could see how his own veins were shimmering with red, - But there is no need to scream at me. I didn't kill any monster down here yet. And besides, if you'll act like a good girl - I might spare your...

- GET OFF ME! - I growled in anger again and indured the pain in my body just to hit him right in the face with all my strength. Shifty didn't expect that and so he significantly backed off from huge pain and impact.

- Ouch, - he hissed in little frusrtation, - Oh, so you want to play rough, do you?! Your call!

He exclaimed and then started to tease me by tickling me. Freak.

- Tickle-tickle~ - and of course, after that he got another hit from me in the face. Looks like this time I actually broke his nose since I noticed how his blood started to spill on the floor. And then I noticed the Creature himself that was just standing far away from us and just looked at this.

- Next time I'm going to break your jaw, - I hissed at him while he only rolled his eyes.

- So much for trying to be friendly, - he sighned in his fake sadness, but then only smiled and pulled out his chainsaw covered with dust and blood... A lot of blood, - Guess I need to re-educate you once again~

- You won't touch anyone in this world, you hear me?! - I shouted in fury and summomed two knifes while preparing to fight. I didn't care about pain in my body, my anger allowed me to forget about it quickly enough.

- Ah, don't worry, after I'll take your precious Determination away - you'll change your mind~ - he gave me his awful smile again while I just bared my teeth in anger.

- You want my Determination? - I asked in anger, - Then eat this!

After that I rushed to him and attacked him with my knifes. Looks like he didn't really expect that outcome and barely managed to dodge this attack, but as soon as he did, I stabbed him right in his stomach. He cough on blood and that actually made me feel a bit of relief since I knew that he was in pain.

I detest violence, but in his case... That was music for my ears.

Suddenly I heard his chainsaw's roar and dodged his attack, so after that I literally cutted off his hand and made him drop his weapon. He screamed in pain, but his scream got interrupted by my strong grip on his neck and after I threw him in one of the column of this hall. I could even hear crunch of his spine and could not help, but smile.

Shifty moaned in pain and tried to get up, but after few moments he noticed a big amount of knifes pointed right at him. And before his agony all he did is just... Chuckle.

- SUFFER, - I exclaimed and ordered knifes to kill him. All of this insane amount of knifes rushed in his body slowly turning it into red bloody mess while Shifty scream in pain choking on his own blood.

Soon attack ended and all I saw is his body covered in his own blood... Well, at least I saw what is left from his body at this moment. But after a few moments his body twitched a bit while my eyes widened in surprise. All his wounds started to shine with red color and quickly regenerate and after few seconds I saw how Shifty just smiled at me.

I was confused and shocked after such a thing, but then tried to regain my own hatred and rushed to him again, but as soon as I tried to attack, suddenly I felt a huge pain in my chest since Shifty literally pushed me away with blast of concentrated magic... MY magic.

- W-what... How did you... - I whispered in pain.

- Chara, my dear, I defeated you in different timelines nearly a hundreds of times, a hundreds of times I broke your will and consumed your Determination. Did you really think I didn't learn your magic tricks?

I was still shocked by all of this. All this power... It wasn't just LV 20 as usually it happens, but... It was something much more worse. He managed to become even more powerful...

But I didn't let myself get scared and bared my teeth in anger again while I squeezed my knifes in hands more tightly. Meanwhile Shifty picked up his cut off hand and quickly "put it on it's place".

- Just as before, - Shifty stated with teasing smile while demonstrating his hand. But then he picked up his chainsaw again, - Hope you liked my sufferings. Because now it's my turn~

Immediately after that he rushed to me and attacked. I tried to dodge it, but as soon as I moved away, he kicked me in the stomach with his leg. That hit was... Much more powerful than I expected and so I nearly fell from that pain. But soon I heard that menacing roar once again and this time our blades clashed. His chainsaw was trying to cut through my knifes, but determination was barely helping it to take that insane pressure.

Unfortunately, I missed another magic blast from him and backed off from the pain once again. And immediately after I lost my concentration I heard his chainsaw once again. I tried to dodge, but... It was too late.

I could feel how his chainsaw easily tearing my stomach appart while all I could do is just grown in pain. I couldn't let him hear my scream of sufferings. I knew that he wants that more than anyone else. I started to lose insane amount of blood, so I tried to cover my terrible wound with my hand.

- So are you ready to bow down before me? - Shifty asked with same smile, but I only looked at him with hate in response. I was still able to fight him... Fight him until my last breath. But Shifty only rolled his eyes with annoyance, - Okay then, looks like I need to cut you a bit more.

DOA's POV

Meanwhile, other me was just looking at all this bloodshed without any emotion. Looks like he experienced such a thing already hundreds of times since he was helping Shifty in his dirty deeds. But suddenly, he remembered about me since I was really silent even after Chara just got stabbed.

He looked behind just to see me, but... There was nobody there. Obviously such outcome surprised him, but as soon as he lost his attention - I striked. I tried to hit him right in the back of his head as hard as possible just to knock him out. He moaned in pain after such hit and fell on the "ground" while I just looked at him with analysing stare.

Looks like I actually managed to knock him down.

If he doesn't want to do the right thing, I'll do it for him!

I took control over his body, but as soon as I did that, I felt strong hit in my head that made me lose control over his body as well.

- How in the hell you managed to get up?! I thought you're too weak for that! - other me exclaimed in frustration, - It's my body!

- Maybe it is your body, but if you're going to follow Shifty on his shitty bloodshed - I'm going to take control.

I was weakened before. But now I'm DETERMINED more than ever just to stop them.

- Riiiight, - he chuckled and suddenly ordered his body to... Literally freeze the whole time "outside" of our mind.

That surprised me a bit, but as soon as I lost attention, he attacked me while his hands lited up with fire. I actually missed a few hits, but then I regained my concentration and started to block his attacks with my fire hands.

- If you're so stubborn to just give up, then I'll force you to! - he exclaimed, but soon enough I managed to counter -attack him and started to pressure him with my hits.

Unlike his ones, mines were much more stronger and faster due to my anger to him, so he wasn't managing to block all of them. And after couple of hits I dealt to him - I threw him away by blast of fire magic.

- Can't you see that you're on the wrong side here?! Shifty is using you for his own profit and tells you these lies about Chara's "ressurection" just for you to not resist him!

- It's not true! - he shouted and started to attack me with his fire spells from the distance. I actually managed to create a shield, but it was blocking only few rounds of his fireballs. His fire powers were much stronger, so my shield was quickly breaking up under his pressure and leaving me exposed to his fire.

But as soon as his attack ended, I took control over our battle and began to attack him with my spells instead. They weren't as much effective as his ones, but it was still dealing some damage to him.

And so we were repediately attacking each other with our magic in cruel battle between two minds. He wasn't ready to give up as well as I was, but suddenly in one of his attacks he actually managed to cast a fireball. One really big fireball which he threw at me. I reacted at such a thing and barely dodged that, but as soon as it passed me by - I took it with my magic and threw it back at him.

He wasn't really expecting that and didn't dodge that attack in time, so he felt his own spell on himself and that made him flew away at some significant range.

- Say, you will actually bring your Chara back to life, - I continued while slowly approaching my own clone, - What will SHE say at all these things that you had done? You think she'll be pleased that you killed a shitton of worlds just to bring her back?!

- I... I NEED to save her! - he tried to get up, but I only pinned him back to the ground with another hit in his head.

After that I just grabbed his neck and squeezed it, slowly chocking him out while my anger to him was just rising. He tried to resist, but that was no use since my grip was too strong.

- JUST FACE IT ALREADY! YOU CAN'T! - I shouted at him while all he could do is trying to resist through choke, - TELL ME WAS IT WORTH IT?! TELL ME!

But he couldn't even answer since he was barely chocked out. After a few moments my rage is actually faded away a little bit, so I weakened the grip a little bit, letting him finally breath.

- Even if Shifty isn't lying to you, your Chara will be disgusted by you as soon as you'll revive her. Even if she won't know about how many timelimes you destroyed for her - that won't help you. Because ask yourself: will you ever deserve her love after all you've done? I don't think so.

After that we were silent. He was just lying on the ground and trying to keep his thoughts together while I just looked at him with tiredness, but also with frusrtation.

- I... - he finally answered, but then suddenly changed the topic, - Do you remember our first fall in the Underground?

- Don't try to change the topic.

- I said: do you remember? - he replied.

- I do.

- Do you remember what you felt at the moment you jumped down?

But I didn't answer.

- You felt happiness. As well as I did. We had the same story, but different endings... - he ironically chuckled, - I remember why we both jumped down. We didn't know there were monsters down here, we didn't know some kind skeleton would save us from certain death. Actually we wanted to die since we hadn't any sort of purpose in our lifes. We didn't have hope, we didn't have family to begin with, all we knew was tortures that were repeating over and over. Just to make us a perfect killing machine.

- I remember that. So what?

- Do you remember our reaction at the monsters? Papyrus, Asriel, Toriel, Asgore... And after all - Chara. At first, we both didn't care about them at all. But soon enough our thoughts started to change... Me and you... We actually found our new family. We found new meaning of life, a new reason to live... So we both promised to ourselves that we're going to protect them until our last breath, - he closed his eyes and smiled a bit because of his own memories, but then his smile faded out just as quickly, - And when our new family died one by one - we promised to ourselves that we'll avenge each and everyone of them. We promised to ourselves that we'll bring back our family whatever it takes. And that is the only hope I have left... The only meaning of my life that has left...

But then he opened his eyes and looked at me with sudden anger.

- AND YOU TOOK ALL OF THIS AWAY! YOU TOOK AWAY MY ONLY HOPE! - he exclaimed, but after few moments his anger faded out and he looked at me with just unemotional expression, - But was it worth it? All these lifes and timelines... Does they really deserve to die just to bring my Chara back? I... Didn't really thought about it. I was blinded by my only dream... Blinded by my only hope in returning my family back. Hell, I'm not entirely sure that I believe in Shifty's words about ressurection of my love! I just... Needed some hope in my life. And I was ready to belive in sweet lies just to forget my own pain... Besides, it's too late for me to fight him. He's too strong... Even for me.

But once again I didn't tell anything in response and we were just looking straight into eyes of each other. I didn't know what to feel... I felt anger since he was on the same side with Shifty, but I also could understand him. He lost most of his determination to fight back with Shifty... Hell, he lost the meaning of life in the first place!

- I spoke out, - suddenly he sighed while I just got surprised, - I'm ready to accept my death. Come on, just one more step. You'll kill me, you'll save your Chara and you'll achieve your happy ending.

But now I wasn't so ready to kill him as before. A few moments before I was willing to kill him, but now... I was unsure. So I unintentionally weakened the grip.

- Why are you doubting? - he asked with brokenness while nearly crying, - Come on, stop giving me this false hope. I accepted my fate a long time ago, I... I abandoned my own world and my own morals! Please, just let me die! I can't live in this world anymore without a purpose and I don't want to be a killing machine anymore either! I can't live in the world where I don't have ANYTHING! I don't have home... I don't have family... And I don't have hope.

And there was nothing, but silence once again. He was nearly crying while I was just looking at him with sorrow. But soon enough, I just sighed and let his neck go. I offered him my hand, so he can get up while he just looked at me with surprise.

- But you can still make things right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.2K 3.6K 27
Gone. In a single moment, in the blink of an eye, everything you have ever known or cared for is eradicated. Hopes and dreams, traditions and stories...
6.5K 167 22
•Yeah this thing has been cancelled. Kinda sad for my first book to end up like this but I do intend on remaking this book one day with it's original...
119K 2.7K 63
Undertale Fanfic-Male Reader X Female Frisk and Chara Genre:Fantasy,Music,Lots of Dialogue and Character Development Alternate Timeline from the fir...
87.5K 2.5K 35
Everyone carries around their dark secrets if it's just one, or many. It doesn't matter, they can't tell anyone. At least they think so. As for (Y/N)...