Untamed

بواسطة Haddassa

What would you do if the family you were adopted by was actually a family of werewolves, creatures you had be... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chaper 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 56

307 28 1
بواسطة Haddassa

Hope u all enjoy!!! I'm excited to hear ur reactions. Let me know what u think as ur reading.

Chapter 56

I struggled up from unconsciousness, starting to hear sounds around me. There was a faint wailing sound accompanied by rushed voices. My hearing was too overwhelmed by a rushing noise in my ears. My vision also came to shortly after. Blurred faces swam into sight. Above them I could only see white. A small pinch to my arm had me moving it away.

"She's coming to," someone said.

My vision started to darken again, and the rushing sound became louder.

"Hey! Stay with..."

I never heard the end of the sentence as I gave into blissful unconsciousness.

The next time I came around my body felt so light. It was like it was supported by clouds, and a comforting heat spread around my body, like it was pumping through my veins. Then slowly I left my warm cloud, and was left with a heavy feeling.

I realized I was sleeping in my bed, from the comfort surrounding me. Bright light was seeping through my closed eyelids, forcing me to wake up. I tried to roll over, but found my body extremely heavy and sluggish when I tried to move it. I opened my eyes to investigate what was happening. I was instantly blinded by the bright lights above me.

After a moment of blinking furiously waiting for my eyes to adjust, I realized with a shock that the stark white room with only one bed wasn't my room. There was a large window on one wall. A chair on one side of my bed, and a small table on the other side.

My first instinct was to flee. After all every time I woke up in a strange room I was usually there by force. My mind was too foggy to think clearly about the situation I was in. Some machine started beeping eratically, which I thought was some type of alarm to alert them that I was awake.

I quickly sat up, and tried to crawl out of bed. I found my body heavier than usual. As soon as my feet touched the floor, I tried to take off at a sprint towards the window. A sharp pain stabbed through my left arm. I looked down at it, and saw a needle in it attached to a drip.

That was when I actually took in the details of the room I was in. A heart monitor stood next to me, beeping erratically with my terrified heart. An IV drip stood next to that. At the end of my bed was some type of rolling table thing with a glass of water in it. On the small table next to my bed was a handful of balloons, flowers, stuffed animals, and cards.

I was in a hospital room.

What was I doing here? I glanced up and down myself, and didn't see any obvious injuries. I don't remember being brought here.

I slowly sat back down on my bed, confused about why I was here. It wasn't until I pulled the covers away from the bed that I saw the little remote with a help button. I clicked it, prepared to have my questions answered.

Within minutes a nurse came running into the room, followed by a panicked Emily.

"Oh, Eliana!" She exclaimed.

She quickly walked up to me, and grasped me in a gentle hug. I curled into the motherly hug. I instantly felt more relaxed now that I saw a familiar face in this mysterious place.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asked.

Emily release me so I could answer.

"I feel ok. What happened?" I questioned, glancing at the short male nurse with sandy hair. He pursed his thin lips at me. He didn't seem too happy to be here.

"You don't remember?" Emily asked confused.

I shook my head. The nurse snatched a clipboard that was hanging off the edge of the bed. He leafed through the pages.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"I'll go get the doctor to explain it, and look you over."

The fussy nurse quickly departed.

"How did I get here?"

"Well one of the girls came downstairs, and saw you lying at the bottom of the stairs. She started to scream for help, and that's when I came to find out what was going on. You were passed at at the bottom of the steps, so I called 911."

The memories started rushing back to me. I was here because of that damn mate pull. Everything came back in flashes from the nausea at the top of the steps, to the splitting migraine, to what Mia had said to me right before I felt sick.

"Where is Mia?" I questioned.

"She's at home. She was here yesterday along with a few other girls from the home."

"How long have I been here?"

"Three days. The doctor said he wanted to keep you out of things so you could heal properly before you woke up."

"What's wrong with me?" I asked as I got back under the covers, and sat propped up against the pillows. Emily helped me shift into this position so I didn't pull on the chords attached to me.

"Honestly I don't know much. The doctor said you had been dehydrated, and seemed to have some type of flu running through you. You got a minor concussion from falling. They never really explained much more," she said, glowering at the ground.

Just then the doctor came in, and I got the shock of a lifetime when he entered. I recognized him right away as a member of the Steffen's pack. I had seen him a few times before talking to pack members, and at the pack house when I was brought upstairs the last time I had been kidnapped.

I acted instinctively. My fists clenched, prepared to fight back in case he attacked me. But I quickly jumped up to flee for it before he could harm me, but was tangled in my bed sheets and all the cords attached to me.

"Wow!" Emily said. She pushed me back into the bed, and started to untangle me. "Calm down!"

"What are you doing here?" I spat at the doctor, still struggling against Emily. My body was too weak to do any help.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Just calm down," his arms were held up in a way you would when trying to show an animal you mean them no harm to keep them from charging. "The last thing you need to do right now is stress yourself out," the doctor instructed in a gentle tone.

I eyed the doctor, debating if he could be trusted. He offered me a reassuring smile, so I slumped back against the pillows. My body was still tense, poised to flee.

Emily shot a confused look between us, before sitting back down in the chair next to me.

"My name is Dr. Tourow."

He held out his hand to shake it. I eyed it, then gave him my best 'are you kidding me' look. His hand dropped.

"You don't have to worry, I won't hurt you. Do you mind giving us a moment?" He asked Emily.

Emily shot me a look. I didn't answer.

"I'd just like to ask her a few personal questions, about some circumstances. Just to understand what is happening to her body better."

He looked back at me, and I saw his eyes darken for a moment before returning to their natural light brown shade. I got the message clearly.

"Is it ok if I leave?" Emily asked.

I looked at Dr. Tourow, and decided he wouldn't dare hurt me in a hospital. After all his alpha banned any member from hurting me now that I was just a human with history. Well as far as they all knew.

I nodded my head at Emily, and prayed I wouldn't regret this choice. Emily stood up slowly, and kissed me on the forehead before she left.

I turned to Dr. Tourow after the door closed with a loud snap. He picked up the chart that the nurse had left on the tray table. The tension grew as he scanned through the pages. I shifted uncomfortably, smoothing out the sheet that covered me.

"Do you have a mate?" He asked, slicing through the tension with an unexpected question.

I stared in shock for a moment. My mind firing away, trying to think of an answer.

I settled with just shaking my head. My eyes still narrowed in suspicion. His light brown eyes scanned over me.

"Well, you're body is weakening just like someone who has been rejected. According to your care taker, Emily, you only started getting sick three weeks ago. You would eat normally, you would walk outside to get fresh air, but you were just getting worse. She couldn't pin point what was going on. I wanted to talk to you just to confirm my suspicions, before I gave her a made up reason for why you are sick.

"But I need your help to figure this out. Why is your body weakening so quickly? Usually it takes a few months for somebody to get to this state. Even for someone in your condition."

What condition? I didn't answer him, just kept a fixed glare on him. He let out a deep sigh, and set the clipboard down.

"Look, I'm just trying to help you here. You are free to explain to Emily exactly what is going on with you. We both know that you won't do that, so you may as well answer my questions."

I just continued to glare at him.

"Fine! I'm not a werewolf at this moment. I'm your doctor, not the enemy. You don't have to talk, just nod or shake you're head. Will you do that for me?" He asked.

After a moment of pondering, I nodded my head. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"Good. Do you have a mate?" He asked again.

I knew he knew the truth. He could tell the difference between a body that was rejected, and one that was just sick.

I nodded my head yes.

"Do you know how a human can have a mate?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

"I figured as much. I was looking up a lot of legends over the past couple of days, and found a few old legends where humans have mates. But there was never anything about what happens to humans who are rejected. If you could just tell me a little bit about human and werewolf mates that would be great. I'm not going to use this information as power, but as simply knowledge to help you out."

I nodded my head before I even realized what I was doing.

"Whenever my mate gets hurt I can feel it. It's like some type of imbalance. He doesn't feel when I'm hurt. My mate had rejected me a while ago before we go back together, but I felt nothing, except for longing for him. I didn't become sick or anything. But then after we um... mated, we would both start to get sick if we were separated even for just a few days. His body takes longer than mine to weaken, but it still happens quickly," I explained.

"How long have you been separated?"

"A bit over three weeks like Emily said. So I feinted because of the entire mate rejection thing?"

He nodded his head, a thoughtful look on his face.

"What will happen to me if I don't get back together with him?" I asked.

I know I had made up my mind to call Jace, but a second opinion never killed anyone.

"I don't think it's going to be very good. You're bodies are weakening to force you to get back together. Every instance of mate rejection that doesn't lead to the mates getting back together, always leads to death. But death doesn't usually happen for at least a year. That is not the case here. You're bodies are speeding up the process, either because you are human, or because of your condition."

"What condition?" I asked.

His brown eyes snapped to mine.

"Uh... Well this is were things get more complicated."

"What do you mean? What's wrong with me?"

I noticed his hands were clasped very firmly in front of him. His knuckles were turning white from the pressure. Was he nervous? I looked up into his eyes, and saw sincere worry.

A cold lump started to form in my throat. I tried to swallow it down, but it stuck stubbornly. My stomach twisted with anxiety over the answer of my question.

"There is another reason for why you had feinted. You're body was trying to preserve both itself and... and the fetus."

The words didn't feel like they were penetrating me, but my body felt like ice cold water had just been dumped on it. The chill swept all through my body, pumping into the tips of my fingers. Goosebumps erupted up on my skin. My heart pounded loudly in my ears. A suffocated pressure weighed down on my chest.

"You're pregnant."

Hey everyone! Plz don't kill me for this. For all of u that were commenting she was pregnant were right all along! ;)

Sry to all of u who are completely shocked.

But ya let me know ur reactions, and what u think. Hope to hear from u all!

Plz comment and vote!!!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.6M 98.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...