The physical therapist

By gra8ce

What happens when Devin Bookers past comes back four years later... and works for him. More

Welcome
Jump right in |1|
Just get through it |2|
Just one talk |3|
Caught and exposed |4|
Answer me this |5|
Last day |6|
When does the truth come |7|
Just relax |8|
You aren't her |9|
Endings for everybody |10|
Staying |11|
Where we went wrong |12|
HEADS UP
What do you want to see?
Back up!
Part 2!
What it takes |13|
what couldve been|14|
Reminiscing |15|
Cost of fame|16|
We will talk about this |17|
New start |19|
One of those days|20|
New love |20|
Regularly schduled program |21|
Save me the pain |22|
What ends us |23|

You can tell me|18|

346 17 0
By gra8ce

but never expected a conversation from an ex...

Devins POV

After Avery woke up we went back to her place, she was still pretty drowsy so I took her to bed and decided not to bring up the texts I saw.
I sat in her bed while she had her arms wrapped around my torso sleeping against my body, my foot kept tapping against the other out of nerves.

I wanted to respect her privacy but I also feel like I have the right to know what she's saying, ex's don't just come back in your life to be friends that's something I know for a fact.
I glanced down at her then over at her phone, I wanted to know why they sent that text I want to read every single one.
But that would make me look like the crazy boyfriend and nothing terrifies me quite like losing Avery a second time.

I failed. I'm weak. I know!
I picked up her phone, before unlocking it I held it for a minute longer.
Do I really want to do this? Am I really that boyfriend that feels the need to go through his girls' phone over one text?
...I absolutely am.

I opened her phone and went to Instagram where I saw the message from, there were days worth of texts and even pictures.
I sat there reading for almost half an hour only getting angrier with each text and each word.

I wanted to go to their house and give them a piece of my mind but I know that would only make this 10 times worse.
I put her phone down again and sat there stewing in my anger.
I killed some time by updating Avery's mother.

"Avery" I shook her gently "you need to get up and eat okay? What do you want me to order us"

I only got a low whimper in reply, they gave her the same pain killers that she had been taking months ago which had the downside of making her tired all the time.

I ordered her a variety of food.
She has steak, chicken, pasta, and fries just in case.
I laid with her while we waited, well while I waited, she was unaware of anything going on around her.

I played with her hair hoping to wake her up, I wanted to talk we needed to talk, and I didn't want to wait any longer.
"Avery. It's time to wake up beautiful"
She barely stirred.

"Aves come on" she was very persistent in not opening her eyes.
I laughed "you can't fight it"
I squeezed her side which made her beautiful smile show.

I slid down the bed to be at the same height as her.
I kissed the top of her head "good morning"

"Can't I just sleep a little longer?"
She whined.

"Longer than the 4 hours? Not counting the hour and a half at the hospital?" I joked.

"You're supposed to have eight hours every night"

"Well, that would be a good point if it were nighttime. But since it's not you have to wake up"

"I thought you wanted me to be happy"
She always did this fake little pout that made me fall in love with her all over again every time, I don't know if she knows what it does to me and I'm afraid if I told her she wouldn't do it as much.
So I sit here admiring the adorable act for as long as possible.

"I do want you to be happy" I paused "hey I wanted to talk to you about-" I was cut off by the doorbell.

She looked in that direction confused about who could be there, letting me know she actually was asleep when I ordered the food.

"That's dinner I'll be right back"

I went to meet the guy at the door, getting plates for the two of us before going back to Avery's room.
I laid all the food out on her bed giving her the option of whatever she wanted.
She had just about every option you could fathom and she decided on my pizza... I didn't say anything only let her enjoy the food she hasn't been able to eat in almost 24 hours.

I turned on the tv going straight to Hulu to get in her good graces.
I found modern family and picked a random episode, as soon as it started her head perked up knowing the family tune.
Her face lit up while her smile took over half of her face.
"You do love it!"

"No, I tolerate it and only for you"

"You love the show! You love it!"

I rolled my eyes at her, this is gonna go on for the rest of the night I just know it.

She went on eating her food while watching tv, I waited for the perfect moment where I could have her full attention but it took a lot of waiting.
When she finished eating I moved the food onto the bedside table and off the bed.
"We need to talk."

She tensed up by the few words and gave me her full attention.
"Okay..."

"You would tell me if you were having any issues right?"
She slowly nodded, nervous not sure where this was going.

"So do you have anything to tell me?"

"I-I don't think I do?"

"Maybe a certain ex you've been in contact with?"

She went to speak but ended up shutting her mouth.

"I know about the texts. I went through your phone and I saw the text at the hospital. You need to start talking and now"

Her eyes glossed over.
I don't know if it was fear or embarrassment but something was keeping her from speaking up.

"Why has Kendall been texting you?"

It took one question for her to break out into a full sob.
"I don't know what she wants from me! She keeps texting me and I try to ignore it and she just won't stop!"

I guided her head into my chest where she let out more sobs.
"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because I didn't want to upset you and I thought it was just gonna be one text but then she just wouldn't stop and then she started sending pictures of me-"

"Okay okay calm down" I shushed.
"I wish you would've told me when this started..."

"I'm sorry" her voice broke into my shirt "I didn't want you to be mad"

"I'm only mad at her." I lifted her chin so she was eye to eye with me "and hey none of what she said is true do you understand? Not a single word"

I pushed her head back into my chest knowing she wasn't gonna say anything in response.
I kissed the top of her head while she continued to cry.

"I'm sorry I got you into this" I whispered.

Third-person POV

Devin looked at Avery asleep in her bed from the doorway.
They talked awhile before she fell asleep in his arms, he slid her out of his arms and onto some pillows before sneaking out.
He had important matters to attend to. He had to remind people not to mess with his girl since people seem to have forgotten.

He walked outside gently closing the sliding glass door, careful not to make a noise.
He sat down on a couch on the patio pulling his phone out of his pocket.

He looked for the contact he told himself he would never use again.
It picked up on the first ring as expected.

"I'm gonna say this once and only once. You stop texting my girl and keep her name out of your fucking mouth or you're gonna start a shit storm you can't handle you got it? Would be a real shame if people found out what their precious little model did to stay in the light. And not to mention how heartbroken your sister would be to find out you slept with her baby's father. I'm serious Kendall, not a single text."

And with that, he hung up not giving her a chance to say anything other than hello.

He walked inside going straight to Avery's room while he noticed her sitting up in her bed a little disoriented.

"Hey what's wrong beautiful?"

"Where were you?"

"I just had to take a phone call real quick and didn't want to wake you hp I'm sorry"

She nodded her head scooting over to make room for Devin to lay with her.
He got under the covers and wrapped his arms around her body which was smaller than his, giving her a small kiss and an "I love you" before she fell asleep against him.

"I will always protect you," he thought before going to sleep.

***
Hello! Thoughts? Theories? I would love to hear them?

Can you believe we are over half way done with this book! Makes me sad!

Have a lovely day!

Disclaimer no hate to anybody mentioned in this story it's all for story purposes 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 887 27
What happens we two cousins who has been through it all together fall in love (PG) For The Ohio State D'Angelo Russell and (SG) For Kentucky Wildcats...
608K 9.1K 83
imagines w ur favorite guys ** it gets better the more you read. the older imagines are definitely not my best work 🥲 **
24.8K 354 27
Marina just graduated from UNC, the college of her dreams. In little, to no time she packs her bag to peruse a new job basically on the other side of...
7.8K 76 33
Destiny agrees to go with her best friend to see a Basketball game. She notices a player on the Phoenix Suns. Is their any way for them to be togethe...