As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

3. Just a Passing Glance

6.5K 278 207
By Laughingwolf78

Izuku stares at the brick building in front of him then back down at his phone, checking to see if he has the address right.

This is the address he was given by Mina, one she told him she would be at this afternoon.

He heads inside not knowing exactly what's in store really, or even what this place is.

Once he passes through the glass doors he realizes this is a music venue. It makes sense that he would be asked to meet her here since she's friends with Midnight Blue.

He walks slowly down a large wide hallway not really knowing where he's going but since Mina isn't around yet he has some time to explore.

As he moves along the corridor he hears the sound of music playing and a voice that lures him closer.

There's a set of red double doors to the right of the hall, the music seems to be coming from behind those doors.

The always curious greenett opens the doors slowly, his eyes landing on the stage all the way at the front of the large auditorium-like room.

Green eyes see a familiar blonde sitting on a black stool alone on the stage with his guitar resting on his thigh, fingers expertly strumming the strings while he sings.

Izuku moves across the room quietly, trying not to disturb the male he had met in person only a few nights ago.

The greenett takes a seat in the center of the mostly darkened seats of the venue.

He listens to the blonde play letting the music and lyrics sink in and flood his senses.

" ~~Misery likes company I like the way that sounds
I've been trying to find the meaning
So I can write it down
Staring out the window it's such a long way down
I'd like to jump but I'm afraid to hit the ground

I can't write a love song the way I fell today
I can't sing no song of hope
I've got nothing to say
Life is feeling kind of strange
Since you went away
I sing this song to you wherever you are
As my guitar lies bleeding in my arms

I'm tired of watching TV it makes me want to scream
Outside the world is burning
Man it's so hard to believe
Each day you know you're dying
From the cradle to the grave
I get so numb sometimes that I just feel the pain

I can't write a love song the way I feel today
I can't sing no song of hope
I got nothing to say
Life is feeling kind of strange
Strange enough these days
I send this song to you whoever you are
As my guitar lies bleeding in my arms

Staring at the paper I don't know what to write
I'll have my cigarette-well, turn out the lights
Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a different way
But here in my delusion I don't know what to say

I can't write a love song the way I feel today
I can't sing no song of hope
I've got nothing to say
And I can't fight the feelings
That are burning in my veins
I send this song to you wherever you are
As my guitar lies bleeding~~~"

Izuku is caught up in the song and the sadness in the blondes voice as he plays, singing what no doubt comes from a broken heart.

Katsuki's voice is flawless, his fingers strum his heart across every string he touches and Izuku is weeping not even knowing when it started.

There's a hand on his shoulder suddenly making him jump.

" Izubaby? Are you ok sweetie?" , the Pinkett whispers as she sits beside her friend.

Izuku looks over at her sheepish, wiping his eyes quickly, embarrassed by the fact that he's so whisy washy so easily.

He smiles at her with teary eyes and a soft laugh.

" Oh hi Mina, and um yeah I'm Ok, it's just .. the song and .. the way he plays it. It... it sounds so sad, like he's so sad."

Mina's yellow eyes look up at her long time friend on the stage who is completely unaware that he has an audience.

She sighs rubbing Izuku back though her eyes never leave Katsuki.

" That's because he is. Bakubabe up there suffered a really rough breakup last year. It's left him rather bitter and hurt, he's never been really good at talking through his emotions so music is his way of saying what he feels without having to actually say it."

Izuku looks at his friend as she speaks then pretty eyes shift back to the stage to see the blonde finished with his song but fumbling with the strings on his guitar, tuning it to perfection.

The greenett feels his heart ache. He doesn't know Katsuki yet but he knows what heartbreak feels like.

He nods.

" I understand. I .. I feel bad for him."

Mina smiles at her ever sweet, ever loving green eyed friend.

She wraps her arm around his shoulders and sqeezes resting her head on one as she speaks.

" I know, because you're the bestest. Maybe if you hang around he'll get to know you and see again that not all guys are scum like the one who hurt him"

Izuku doesn't know the details but that doesn't sound good, whoever that guy was must have done some damage.

Mina then ask her friend a question thats been on her mind.

" Speaking of relationships, what happened with you and Shoto? Don't get me wrong I'm super excited that you moved to town but I was surprised. I thought you two were fairly serious, unless you're doing the long distance thing ?"

She watches Izuku's eyes shift to the floor, he shrugs forcing a smile even tho there's pain in green eyes.

" Oh, yeah no, that's over."

She tightened her grip on his shoulders.

" What happened sweetie?"

Izuku shakes his head shrugging again.

" Uh let's see. I wanted someone serious and he wanted to see Momo behind my back", the greenett smiles.

Mina narrows her eyes feeling angry. She can't believe someone would have the heart to hurt a guy like Izuku who is hands down the sweetest person she's ever met.

" Oh Izu, I'm so sorry"

He laughs softly tho it's laced with sadness.

" It's ok, I always kinda knew that he struggled with what he wanted, I guess we both found out it wasn't me. Anyways like I said, I get it" , Izuku says nodding his head in Katsuki's direction letting his eyes linger.

Mina studies him, this is true, Izuku too knows what it feels like to be betrayed by someone who said they loved you. She figured the greenett might actually be able to reach Katsuki if he hung around enough, now she thinks so even more.

She smiles wide.

" Yes you do, maybe both your luck might change now that you're in town. Bakubabe is handsome right? I saw you eyeing him up at the restaurant" , she giggles making the greenett blush.

" What?! No, I mean , yeah he's.. he's.. I mean he's hard not to notice and he's good looking for sure but.. he wouldn't be interested in me anyway."

Mina stares at him unable to believe he just said that.

" Izuku Midoriya, how could you even think that?! You're so sweet, and funny and lord have mercy Izubaby, you are hot yourself and trust me when I say this, that blonde cranky pitbull up there definitely noticed you too"

Izuku snaps his attention to her slightly wide eyed.

" What? No way"

She giggles.

" Yes way, I'm serious, don't even act like you didn't notice! Every time he was looking at you you looked right back at him! You were both soo obvious"

Izuku blushes, the color moving across freckles at a rapid pace.

" Well I mean yeah I looked cause I could feel eyes, but he always looked away. I even waved at him when he was leaving, he didn't have much a reaction."

Mina smiles.

" That's just him trying to hide what he's thinking. He's got walls all built up, scared of taking chances or even the possibility of taking a chance but trust me he noticed you. We just have to make sure he keeps noticing" , she laughs

Izuku shakes his head.

" Oh Mina, I dunno .."

Suddenly there's a voice.

" Notice what? And who is noticing what ? " Katsuki ask now standing in the isle right next to them.

Green eyes shoot upward catching a deep crimson gaze before Katsuki looks at Mina.

The girl grins.

" Oh nothing. Look Izuku stopped by to see me, you remember him right Kat, Gorgeous green eyed waiter from Jade?"

Izuku blushes looking sheepishly up at the blonde who looks down at him, his eyes and the color so intense it makes the greenett under his gaze feel fidgety.

" Yeah, I remember.", Katsuki says the gaze he has holding.

Izuku bites the inside of his cheek then smiles.

" Hi again.", the greenett says softly feeling like he's the most awkward guy alive right now.

The blonde only nods at him when Mina speaks up.

" Oh hey, I almost forgot! I need to go tell Kiri something, but you stay here Izu maybe we can grab dinner, go on and chat with Kat and I'll be right back! Bakubabe, keep him company will you, great thanks!" , she says not giving him a chance to respond before she starts to hurry away.

Izuku goes wide eyed, his heart beating hard against his chest.

He wants to strangle his friend right now knowing exactly what she's trying to do.

" Pinky, what the fuck?! I didn't agree to that and why can't you text him?!" , the blonde snaps only hearing her laugh before she disappeared out the door.

Izuku takes a deep breath feeling his anxiety rise, it's clear this handsome blonde doesn't want to be here right now.

The greenett looks up at the blonde who has his hands in his pockets looking more annoyed then anything.

"You don't have to hang out here, I'm sure you have other stuff to do. I can wait here till she comes back, it's totally fine"

The blonde shifts his gaze to the greenett who is obviously nervous.

Katsuki could just take off, the greenett just gave him an out, he could totally walk away, leave, not give a second thought to this extra that he doesn't even know, so why is he sitting down instead?

" It's fine" , the blonde mumbles

Izuku nods eyes back on the ground.

There's silence between the two as Izuku trys desperately to figure out what to say.

He takes a breath clearing his throat.

" I um heard you playing when I walked in. You sounded great. It's a good song, if a song makes me cry I know it's good" , he says softly with a laugh in his voice.

Katsuki looks over at him keeping his face expressionless for the most part.

" You cried?"

Izuku blushes now at his confession as he tries to meet that intense shade of crimson.

" Y-yes. Silly right?"

Katsuki only stares back making Izuku unsure what he's thinking till his voice breaks in again.

" What made you cry?"

The greenett bites his cheek again.

" Well.. it's just. I try not to just listen to music, I.. I try to feel it, to feel what you're saying and ..I could tell those weren't just words,they were feelings. It felt sad, you felt sad so ... it just felt overwhelming to me I guess because I can relate to feeling heartbreak", he stumbles as his eyes slowly meet the blondes again.

Katsuki is looking back at him intently, those eyes deep and intense but so unreadable.

But there are definitely thoughts going on behind those eyes.

He's surprised by the words he just heard and the glint of emotion he sees behind those deep green eyes.

Very seldom has he heard someone ever say they could feel what he was saying, ok that's a lie he's actually never heard someone say it. And judging by the still glassy eyes on the male next to him he can tell what he just said is true, he actually was in tears so it wasn't a bullshit line by some groupie who thinks everything you do is good because you're in a band.

A soft unsure voice breaks his thoughts.

" You must think I'm a complete cry baby huh?" , Izuku laughs softly.

Katsuki meets sheepish green eyes and let's a slight smile curve onto his mouth.

" Yeah pretty much" , he responds tho the greenett can see the tease in his eyes and it actually takes him by surprise since the blonde has been so serious.

Izuku blushes with a soft laugh one that if Katsuki was actually looking for a new relationship would have him practically falling at this guy's feet.

Suddenly two sets of eyes shift to a door in the back of the room seeing Mina and Kirishima entering.

The blonde eyes them maybe even a tad disappointed they're back.

He stands up suddenly making the greenett look up at him as the blonde moves to the isle to leave.

He looks like he isn't going to say anything , not even acknowledging the greenett, until he stops his movements only turning his head slightly giving Izuku a passing glance as he speaks.

" Your eyes are too pretty to cry, for any reason.", is all he says as he walks away leaving a greenett in complete surprise.

AN

Gosh I love this one already !

Our tale continues!

Love ya'll

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 4.4K 30
Izuku Midoriya is one of the most trusted Guardian Angels in all of heavens creations. He's spent most of his time on earth watching over those who n...
289K 12K 49
Prince Katsuki Bakugo is everything you would think an alpha prince should be. He's good looking, strong, smart. He has wealth and is heir to the thr...
1.1M 30.2K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
8.1K 287 17
"Midoriya, you have the top scores in the class correct?" "Yes sir.. why do you ask?" "I want you to tutor Bakugo Katsuki." "Excuse me?!" ...