As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

2. A Friend of Pinky's

7K 257 227
By Laughingwolf78

The four hour long band practice had stretched on much longer than an impatient blonde was in the mood for today.

He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before so he's tired, moody, short fused.

Ok, to be fair he's normally most of those things but today even more so and now he's found out that he has to attend some dinner at some restaurant that he's not even familiar with with the bands Manger just to talk over some details and discuss a possible short tour.

The group had been rapidly gained popularity lately something Katsuki wasn't even sure if he liked or not.

He loves music, always has and when this band started they were kids fresh out of high school not thinking they would ever actually go anywhere.

They started playing in mostly empty dinghy clubs, fairs, schools, any place they could get a gig really but now five years later they were playing actual venues, even recorded an album. All of it still hard to keep up with at times.

Katsuki leans back on the wall with his arms crossed. An annoyed scowl on his face while he listens to Kirishima try to convince him that this dinner thing would be great.

" Dude, stop looking so pissy bro! The actual meeting won't take long, then Mic will bounce and we can hang out and have a few drinks. Oh and hey, Mina will be there ! "

Katsuki rolls his eyes with a scoff.

" Like that's a fucking incentive to go, we fucking see Pinky all the time!"

The redhead laughs.

" I know bro, been it's been a couple weeks."

" Yeah bro stop being a buzz kill", Denki says with a grin as he packs up a bright yellow and black electric guitar.

The blonde cuts his gaze over at the yellow eyed male as another voice joins the conversation with a slight laugh.

" Yeah come on Bakugo, it'll be fun. You hardly ever come out with us anymore" , Sero says.

Katsuki pinches the bridge of his nose, his patience wearing thin, or thinner than usual.

" I see you bastards almost every day between rehearsals and shows how much more do you want from me huh?!"

Kirishima shakes his head with a heavy sigh, a hint of sadness in rose red eyes.

" That's not what he means man. For the past year you haven't exactly been yourself, outside of practice and shows you shut yourself away and if we didn't have those things I wonder if we would see you at all"

The blonde stares at his friend arms still crossed before crimson eyes shift away focused on nothing in particular.

He knows what his bestfriend says is true, he knows he's been distant, closed off, cold even. A broken heart will do that to you, but it's more than that, it's also anger from the whole damn thing and an already edgy blonde had become even more so, so he decided to keep his distance at times not wanting to take it out on his friends, yes Katsuki Bakugo had come to the conclusion that something inside him is broken beyond repair.

He meets now three sets of hopeful eyes and clicks his tongue.

" Tch. Fine you shits, dinner a drink and then I'm going the fuck home"

The three light up with grins.

" Awesome bro! I'll let Mina know we're on our way and Mic will be there at seven"

An hour later Katsuki is sitting at a restaurant in town called Jade.

The blonde is sitting in a black leather booth now large enough to seat them all.

He's bored already as he listens to Mic drone on and on.

" Guys! Midnight Blue is doing amazing, I've had a ton of calls lately across the country wanting to see you guys live so I'm putting together a four month long tour. This is exciting news, you guys should be excited!"

Three of Midnights members do in fact look excited, Katsuki on the other hand could look less interested. Honestly the whole thing sounds annoying to him.

Mic notices slapping a hand on the irritated blondes shoulder.

" Come on Bakugo! This is great news ! Be excited ! I'm going to finish putting the details together and we have another meeting, until then keep being amazing!"

With that an all too energetic blonde male with a bad mustache gets up and takes his leave, leaving a mostly excited table to chatter.

" Dudes this is gonna be lit!" Kirishima says making his friends nod in agreement

" Totally, super cool right Bakubro?" , Denki ask.

Katsuki takes a bite of his curry then picks up his whiskey glass taking a sip with a shrug.

" Yeah, sure whatever Dunce" , he says bored as his eyes shift around the semi up scale restaurant.

The place lives up to its name decorated in mostly shades of jade, mostly deep in color. There's hues of black and gold accidents thrown around, the lightning fairy dim.

It's nice the blonde suposes,, a break from his normal hole in the wall bar he prefers.

Suddenly there's a bubbly familiar voice.

" Hi boys! Sorry I'm late!"

Katsuki rolls his eyes smirking slightly at her.

" You're always late Pinky"

The girl laughs smacking the blonde on the shoulder playfully leaning over kissing his cheek.

" And you're always angry Bakuhoe" , she teases sticking her tongue out getting a pretend annoyed growl from the blonde even as a smile tugs at the corner of his mouth.

The table greets their long time friend, the only female member of this so called Bakusquad.

Katsuki has known them all since high-school, one of the things that's always been a constant in his life was this group of extras.

His thoughts drift off to nothing in particular as the other band members excitedly fill in Mina on the news of the tour.

Katsuki takes his phone out scrolling threw absentmindly until he hears the extra excited voice of the Pinkett who had just joined them.

" Oh my goodness! Izuku?! Izu is that you??!"

Katsuki glances at the girl then shifts his gaze to follow his friends watching one of the waiters turn around to see who's yelling his name.

A large bright smile takes hold of the male who laughs lightly as he steps to the table in surprise, his eyes lightning up vividly.

" Mina! Hey hi!! Yeah it's me, how you been ?!"

The girl jumps up suddenly throwing her arms around this strange male hugging him tightly as he returns the action with a grin.

The guys at the table all exchanged confused looks unsure who this male was, well all except one blonde who had a steady gazed locked on the scene in front of him, well actually those eyes seemed to be on this new mystery waiter who was being hugged so tight it looked like he might suffocate.

Kirishima saw Katsuki watching, he nudges Sero next to him nodding in the blondes direction making Sero smirk.

The redhead decides to find out just who this guy is.

" Hey Mina, don't be rude, who's your friend??" , he questions with a grin.

Mina finally let's go standing next to the male with her arm around his waist.

" Boys, this is Izuku Midoriya! Remember last year when I took that summer job out of town?! I worked with Izu here, we became good friends! Izu, these guys are like my brothers and members of the group Midnight Blue! That's Sero, Kirishima, Denki and this angry looking one is Bakugo, Katsuki Bakugo"

The male beside her glances at each one introduced with a wide smile and a nod till he reaches a deep crimson eyed stare.

There's a beat where each stare for a brief moment before the greenett's attention is pulled back to the table.

" Hi Midoriya cool to meet you bro" , Kirishima greets over friendly as always.

Izuku smiles.

" Nice to meet you! And you don't have to call me Midoriya, Izuku is fine, and wow Midnight Blue, you guys are great, I really enjoy your stuff"

Suddenly Izuku's name is called before he gets a chance to chat with the table any further.

" Ah, sorry, I gotta run, work and all, I'll try and keep stopping over here in between my tables, but hey Mina I moved to town a couple weeks ago, so I'm sure I'll see more of you! Gotta run, was great meeting you guys!" , the male says as he hurried away.

Mina sat down once again joining her friends who began to ask questions.

" You took that job last year three hours from here, that where he lived?" , Kirishima asked.

Mina nodded.

" Yeah he had mentioned last year he wanted to move, I wasn't sure he would because he was seeing a guy name Shoto, not sure what happened I'll have to ask." , she said.

Katsuki rose a slight brow eyes trailing off to the mysterious waiter for a brief moment.

" He's a really great guy. He's super super sweet, and funny and I mean look at him he's a total babe", she giggles

Katsuki picks up his whiskey glass, crimson eyes shifting across the now busy restaurant.

Those eyes land on their target, a target that he isn't even sure why he wanted to find.

He takes in the male who's at a table taking an order.

He's a bit shorter than Katsuki but not too much, by the blonde's guess he's 5'10 or so, Katsuki was 6 foot even. He's lean and fit, appears to work out which is something Katsuki does often. His hair is forest green, it's wavy, some of those waves fall in slight curls on his head, it's slightly messy has a wind blown look but totally works for him. His skin is fair, and there's light brown freckles that dot his cheeks. Katsuki has always liked freckles, none of his dates ever had them, but it's always been something he's been attracted to. He's dressed in the restaurants attire and since the place is slightly up scale so is the uniform. He has on black dress pants, with a black button down, a deep burgundy vest over it buttoned up with a deep green tie tucked into it. There's a black apron wrapped tightly around a toned waist with his order pad and tips hidden inside. His feet hold shiny black dress shoes that no doubt are killing his feet the blonde thinks. But of all these things that a crimson gaze has noticed about this greenett, it's his eyes that stand out the most.

Those eyes, this Izuku Midoriya's eyes are the deepest shade of green he's ever seen. Somewhere between the color of bright green clover with the shine and depth of a pure emerald. The blonde thinks about the fact that this place is called Jade and that color too seems to dance within those multifaceted eyes. There's a pair of gold wire frame glasses resting on his nose, funny thing is they don't take away from those striking eyes, no the damn things seem to add to them.

He watches as the greenett gives a smile to the table he's waiting on, it's bright, bursting, something like looking at the sun for the first time lighting up those freckles.

The greenett begins to walk from the table is was waiting, jotting something on his oder pad, green eyes shift up suddenly catching the crimson ones that are staring back at him.

Katsuki looks away meeting the smirking eye of a redhead who's been watching, watching and silently hoping.

Sure his best friend had checked out guys since his break up, even taking a few home now and then only to end it before it began but he hasn't seem him take an interest like this.

He sees those crimson eyes, ones that seem to be having a rough time not noticing a pretty hot green-eyed waiter.

The blonde rolls his eyes at his friend who then goes back to the conversation with the others pretending not to notice when Katsuki once again finds his target across the room.

He takes a slow drink from his whiskey glass feeling the burn in his throat as his eyes trail over the greenett who just dropped off a tray of drinks at a table.

He looks up feeling eyes on him again.

Crimson eyes stay for a minute, a minute long enough for the greenett to give Katsuki an almost shy smile.

The blonde reverts his eyes again taking another drink almost smirking into his glass.

Shy, shy was something else he liked, something else he'd be crazy attracted to right now if he hadn't sworn off this shit altogether.

Suddenly there's a Pinkett leaning on his shoulder speaking in a whisper to him.

" Izu is hot right?", she giggles having also noticed the blonde looking.

Katsuki shrugs swirling the liquid in his glass.

" Yeah, he's alright"

Mina rolls her eyes laughing at the blonde's stubbornness.

" Oh please, he's more than that and you know it, he's almost as handsome as you are."

Katsuki smirks.

" I wouldn't go that far", he teases ever cocky making her laugh again.

" He's really, really sweet Bakubabe, like one of the absolute nicest guys I've ever known" , she says gently hoping the blonde might take interest.

He scoffs lightly not meeting her eye tho his shift to the greenett again.

" Yeah, they all fucking are, until they aren't , he says glancing back at his glass.

The girl frowns knowing Katsuki's trust is still raw.

" He is tho Kat, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Maybe we can hang out all together one night , she tries to encourage.

Katsuki meets her eye then shakes his head.

" No point in that. I gotta get going. I'll see you later Pink , the blonde says finishing the whiskey in one gulp as he stands pulling on a leather jacket over the black button-downn shirt he has on.

She looks up at him with a sad smile.

" Ok babe, think about it tho ok?"

He doesn't answer only nods giving the other guys at the table the same look as he heads for the door.

Once he's outside he pulls a cigarette and a silver zippo lighter from his pocket lighting it up, taking a long slow drag his eyes landing on the restaurant widow.

He's surprised when he sees deep green eyes gazing back from the other side.

They hold each others gaze for a few beats before the greenett raises his hand, giving a sheepish wave.

Katsuki gives only a slight smile nodding as he begins to walk the cold city street back to his apartment. He doesn't need to turn around to know those eyes are following him and maybe if he wasn't so fucked up inside he'd turn back around and do something about it, but he is, so that isn't happening. No, that's definitely not happening.

A/N

Bet you thought I was done updating today huh??

Lol I love this story already. It's gonna be deep, a bit angsty, a slow burn with a lot of feel so hang on tight.

Love you guys, this tale is just getting going

Love ya'll ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 6.9K 31
Katsuki Bakugou has been a vampire now for well over a hundred years, turned when he was only twenty two years old. Now he's permanently stuck at th...
13.5K 920 8
Katsuki Bakugo is a devil, not just any devil but the lead one himself. He's tall, handsome, charismatic and evil when he needs to be. He's come to e...
21.2K 541 13
Despite a large age gap, Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya were extremely close. Their personalities thought to clash, developed to complement each...
137K 4K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...