Shattered

By nic275

A story based on the life on a young woman who falls inlove with a man that seems like the love of her life... More

Beginning of your deceit
The Blacks
Amusement park
Halloween
Bug eyes
Danger
Sincerely
What A Girl Wants
Surprises
Feelings
See the world for what it is
Oasis
The most wonderful time of the year
New year, new beginnings?
Tear me to pieces, skin or bone
Why
Where do you go when there's nothing left
A/N
Growing up
Loving someone
Wedding bells
Cold feet or cold heart?
Dead
I'll handle it
Coping
Magazines Do The Talking
I'm Okay
A/N
At Life's Mercy
It's Not A Mistake
Blast From The Past You Say?
Here again
Back To The Usual
Try, just try
Happily ever after? No, not yet
Something Just Had To Go Wrong
Permanent
Met Gala
Meeting You
Things I Never Said
Welcome
Oh Hear My Cry
Not Yet
City Of Love
Fun And Paparazzi
Was That Necessary
Smarter Than You Thought
All To Myself
Happy Birthday Ethan
Whose Son
Old Friends, New Emotions
Broken Glass
The Recipe
Hart's Story
Never Let Go
Smirks And Smiles
Soraya
How Love Should Feel
Stars Are Closer
Fairy Lights And Stories
Guess I Really Am
Dinner
What?!
With You
Friends
Our Son
Guests At The Rickelle's
Dinners and Duels
Your Move
Invite Who?
People Change
Clearer
L-word
Jealous
Surprise guests
Brunch
For You
And Only You
Clinton's Luck
I Attract Pain
Trouble At The Rickelles
Gone
Faded
Playing House
Plan B
Dad Was Right
Appearances
Devil
Rock Bottom
Christmas
Letters To My Heart
Heart Strings
You're Almost There
White Bells
Forgiving And Learning
You Gotta Love It
Golden Gem
Where It Lies
Authors Note

Super Power

204 20 1
By nic275

Two weeks, she spent two weeks barely speaking , barely eating and barely sleeping.

Its scaring me now. Yesterday I invited Ari to check her, she said Gemima just stared at her without response.

I walk into the bedroom to bathe her just before work. Ethan left five minutes ago to head to his daycare.

And just like all the other days , she cries her soul out and the sponge kisses her golden skin.

As soon as I dry her , I dress her in my white joggers and matching hoodie. I lay her on the bed.

"I'm headed to work. Be safe okay?" I tell her as I kiss her forehead. She is in the position shes been in for weeks.

I head to the car and I drive to work . The entire way all I'm thinking about is her.

Is she okay? It worries me how her eyes have been sinking into her skull from malnutrition.

I'm doing all that I can for her, it's taking a toll on me as well . If this goes on for another day, I'm calling a doctor.

She needs to survive this.

I dont know what I'd do to myself if she passes away.

I park by the private lot.

As I walk into the building, I see that the room is pin drop silent. I remember that it's a Saturday, I'm not supposed to be here.

But I walk further in and I work. I examine the profit margins since the new property business set alight.

Everything is looking good. No loses are detected .

I decide to look over what is  going on media-wise.

I scroll through Arraine's company's page first. I notice the growth. I'm proud of her. She couldve been a drug addict if her parents didn't pull her out in time.

The I find some random pictures. I click on the link.

World's most talked about couples

The headline reads. I scroll down. The first picture I see is mine holding Gemima's hand as we walk down stairs leading to that cafè in Paris.

More pictures appear about us. I read the article.

"Nathan has yet to come out about his relationship with the beauty, but he has been seen numerous times with her. From his first appearance ,after years , at his own gala to Paris just a few days ago. Our Nathan is no longer sad over Elizabeth.  Infact he looks happier. We wish the all the best."

The second one is attached to a picture of myself and Ethan walking to an ice cream stall.

"Is Nathan Meyer a father? If he is who would the mother be? Could it be that Elizabeth and Meyer had been together all along?

The little boy has similar features to Meyer, including his signature hazel eyes and bronze hair.

Just look at those happy faces."

I sigh, this is useless. As I move towards exiting the website, I accidentally refresh the page.

A picture of familiar faces appear.

I feel something. At the pit of my stomach. The title reads.

"Oh Baby!"

A face I used to despise for so long. Emerald green eyes stare back at me. Usher.

He and Elizabeth are holding hands while walking out of a baby clothing store. I turn off the computer. A feeling of utter disgust makes it's way onto my tongue.

I drive back home. I didnt think I'd ever see them again. And if I ever saw them again, I didnt want to see them so happy.

I arrive at my house, a couple minutes later.

My breathing evens as I know that those chocolate orbs are yet to be my solace. Are waiting for me.

As I walk up the stares, the rage and disgust I felt dissolves quickly.

I find mom talk to her while seated on the couch. Her voice is a raspy whisper,alien like.

I stand on the door frame, just taking in the moment. She is drinking a cup of tea. Mom is talking to her and she is replying.

Warmth spreads through my chest. Even if she isn't opening up to me, at least she is talking to someone.

I still dont really know what happen to her.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Mom asks.

I walk over to them. I kiss mom's cheek and her forehead.

"I'm going to take a shower." I tell them.

"I'm going to fetch Ethan." She tells me.

I glance at the clock. Four PM.

I head into the shower. I spend almost an hour in there. Hoping that it relaxes my muscles. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm tired. Working so much helping Gem and then Ethan. But I'd do it even if I'm tired.

I get out of the shower and head to the closet. I jump into my grey joggers and matching hoodie.

When I walk out, I find gem lying on the bed. I head into the bath and I fill the tub with water and bubble bath.

I head into the room. Shes staring out of the wall to ceiling window.

"Its time for you bath." I tell her as I carry her into the bathroom.

I strip her of the clothes and I put her in the tub. Unlike all the other times, she doesnt cry. She just sits in the tub.

To my surprise, I hear an odd raspy whisper.

"Why do you do this?" She asks.

"Because I care. I'd do this a thousand times for you and Ethan." I tell her.

She nods. But it looks vague.

"Doesn't this. You know... disturb you?" She asks.

I know exactly what she's talking about.

"It does. But Charlotte isn't here. So I have to help you. I wont just watch you there." I tell her as I wash her afro.

I've been watching YouTube tutorials on how to deal with afros .

As soon as she is dressed in grey joggers and a hoodie. We head downstairs.

It's almost seven in the evening.

I braid her hair into pigtails. I'm getting better at it. They look much better.

"Mommy!" Ethan says.

It warms my heart when I see that she returns the hug.

"Can we go for ice cream?" He asks. His mom looks at me. I nod.

"Okay." She whispers.

Mom smiles at me. I wonder what she said to her. Mom was the person we needed all along.

We drive to the ice cream stall, we eat the ice cream and I notice the smile on Gem's face.

Ethan is playing around as we sit by the park benches.

Ethan got the chocolate flavoured ice cream, I got the pistachio chocolate ice cream and Gem got vanilla ice cream.

"It reminds me of my mom." She says robustly.

"What?" I ask her.

"Vanilla ice cream. My mom loved it. Because dad compared her to it. He used to say "Matilda is simple but classy like vanilla ice cream " I adore that." She says. I smile at her reminiscences.

"Tell me about them." I ask. She smiles. It's not dull anymore. It's like life I smacked right back into her. She looks absolutely stunning under the stars.

"My mother Matilda Summer and my dad Joseph Summer we just your typical family.

They loved each other to bits, they were my best friends. I loved them very much.

My mom owned a bunch of tea shops. And my dad was a mechanic at a local dealership. 

When ever I needed anything. They were always there to help me." She says smiling.

"I bet they'd be so proud of you." I say and we fall into a comfortable silence.

"Nothing makes me happier than seeing that gorgeous smile back on your face." I tell her.  She smiles. Her perfect teeth and perfect smile warms my heart.

"Ice cream has a super power." She says smiling.

Ethan comes running towards us.

"Mommy! Daddy! A ladybug!" He yells with the little bug on his hand.

Gem giggles as she watches her son in utter happiness. I smile because, they're happy. Its reason enough for me to sleep with a smile.

Authors note.

Thank you for reading the book and voting. Please drop your comments. I'd love to hear what you think , were you think I should improve and what youd like to see your characters doing and going.❤💍

Please check out my new poetry book, I promise you'll love it . 😭❤

Please read, vote, comment and recommend. ❤

Sending you all my love.❤❤❤🔥🥰

Nic275 🦋❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.7K 64
As soon as they walk in the door Ally's jaw drops and she sees a man at the bar. "I want him." Is all she manages to choke out. Spencer follows her...
31.3K 3.2K 50
Kaede goes through a life change after burnout. She finds a new job where her colleague at the same position is none other than her Ex Marco. The one...
96.5K 709 17
A collection of one-shots and stories short enough to read in just one night. Individual blurbs are in the Story Blurbs chapter, check them out and s...
294K 9.9K 18
What happens when you your life doesn't turn out how you planned? What happens when you run into the man you thought you were meant to marry? MATURE...