The Closet-a Ralbert Story

By iwantaferret_

One room that fits two people, and two people only. Yet, they somehow find a way to fit all of their problems... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 18

120 6 4
By iwantaferret_

"Hey, guys", Elmer greeted, glancing at his two best friends. He glanced at their clasped hands, smirking. "Go well?"

Albert smiled at him, squeezing Race's hand. "Very."

He couldn't be happier. Race was right beside him and holding his hand, things were good between them. Nothing could ruin this moment.

And he truly believed that.

"Congrats", Jack called, downing his fifth can of Coca Cola within three hours. "You guys worked it out."

"Turns out, we're both kind of dumb", Race shrugged, giggling when Albert punched his shoulder.

"I could of told you that", Crutchie laughs, getting the rest of the group to laugh with him. "Oh, yeah! The boys told you they couldn't come, right? I mean, Mush and Blink said they'd be by later, but-"

"Yeah, I know", Elmer waves the thought away, a smile on his face. "I'm just glad everyone is hanging with their families. That's what this is all about."

"Aw, Elmer", Spot sighs, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend. "Always the sentimental."

"Thank you."

"You kids hungry?" Fred walked up to the group, mostly looking toward Davey. "We still have plenty of food."

"I'm good, thanks", most of the boys said- in unison, no less- as Spot and Davey walked over. Albert shook his head.

"No, seriously, take some", he insisted. "If you don't, we'll be eating leftovers for weeks."

The boys laughed as Fred patted his son on the shoulder, glancing at Race's hand in his and winking. Albert smiled at him and winked back.

"Hey, guys", Mush greeted, taking his hat off of his curly hair. "Uh, sorry we're late."

"We had to drive in the snow", Blink shrugged, wiggling his toes in his sock. "I left my shoes outside, if that's okay."

Elmer nodded, checking the time. "Party's about to start winding down, so we can-"

Albert gasped. "Games."

"All the games."

——————

And they played all of the games.

Apples to Apples, UNO, Life, and even some Poker- nothing was untouched. However, they were teenage boys, and while some games are easier to focus on, others drain the fun out very quickly.

"Let's play Truth or Dare", Blink suggested, his head in Mush's lap. "This game is getting, like, boring."

"That's what happens sometimes, Blink", Davey sighs, tiredly. "But Truth or Dare sounds nice."

"I agree with Davey", Jack adds as Crutchie rolled his eyes.

"You agree with Davey on everything", he says amusedly. Jack shrugs.

"Race, Truth or Dare?" Race, who was stuffing his face with a chocolate covered marshmallow, turned to Spot, eyes wide. He swallowed.

"Truth."

"Most embarrassing moment."

"He checked me out in the locker room and didn't think I knew it", Albert answered, causing the boys to laugh. Race flushed red.

"You knew, huh?"

"Duh. I probably knew you had a crush on me before you did."

Race shrugged, accepting the probable truth. "Davey, Truth or Dare?"

"Im too tired to care, so dare", he mumbles, his head on Jack's shoulder. "Only because it rhymes."

Race chuckles. "I dare you to tell Jack your biggest secret."

Davey sighed. "My biggest secret is that I owned an ostrich when I was younger."

Jack blinked a few times, trying to understand. "What?"

"Yeah, my parents adopted an ostrich for a while in my name, but than she died", Davey yawned, snuggling into his boyfriend's shoulder. "Hm."

"Uh, I'll ask for him", Jack decides, pointing at Albert. "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare", Albert says immediately. Jack nods.

"Get me another Coke."

"No- Jackie, you've had, like, twelve."

"It was seven, and I'm thirsty." Jack kissed his boyfriend's head, certainly not helping the poor boy from sleep. Race laughed as Albert went downstairs.

"So", Crutchie dragged out, and excited smile on his face. "You and Albert?"

Race beamed, putting his down and staring at his pants. "We haven't made anything official yet."

"But did you kiss again?" Race's eyes widened.

"No!" He placed his hands on his face, trying to hide the blush covering his entire face. "We just...talked."

"Ugh!" Jack threw his head back, groaning. "Boring."

"Jack, you and I have stayed up on many accounts because you were talking about how gray was green", Davey says, his eyes still closed. "Do not tell me talking is boring."

The boys laughed as Jack rolled his eyes- they were like an old married couple- just as Albert walked into his room, handing Jack his soda. "Who's next?"

"Me", Albert says, sitting down next to Race. He turned to the blonde. "Racetrack?"

"Yes, Albert?" Race laughed at their formality, staring into the ginger's eyes.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"What was it like for you when we kissed?"

Race felt an unashamed smile grow on his face as he thought about it, the feelings coming to the surface again. "I...I felt like it was just you and me."

He knew the kiss was wonderful, like a cool July day, the wind blowing just right as you lay in a field with the person you love most, flowers surrounding you as beautiful smells took over your nose and the sound of his voice took over your ears and the roughness of his hands took over your touch and the sight of his red hair took over your sight and the taste of happiness took over your tongue.

"I felt really happy", Race admitted, grabbing Albert's hand into his own. "Like nothing else mattered."

Albert smiled, squeezing his hand.

——————

Ultimately, they were going to take it slow.

While wonderful, yes, their kiss complicated a lot of things, and they just wanted things to be clear for once.

"I think we should go on a date", Race says honestly, sitting next to Albert in the closet. "Like, an actual one where I pay for everything."

"Wait, who said you were paying?" Albert looked at Race like he was crazy. "I'm paying, obviously."

Race furrowed his brows. "Albert, you don't have a job."

"Uh, neither do you", Albert retorted crossing his arms. "You're just as broke as I am."

"Fine, whatever", Race shook his head, chuckling. "Just...we'll eat before, okay? I'll cook you something."

"You can cook?" Albert hummed when Race nodded, placing his head on his chin. "Man, did I score lucky."

Race winked at him, chuckling at Albert's blink. He never thought he'd say he'd be happy to be at school. For some reason, Albert didn't make school feel like school, even as they simply ate in a barely illuminated custodians closet. "Hey, where's Mr. Jenkins?"

"His granddaughter had a band concert today", Albert explained, grabbing Race's hand. "She lives in Florida, so he fly's down there every once in a while. Since it was Thanksgiving, I guess he decided to stay an extra week."

Race nodded, biting into his Sun butter and jelly sandwich as he placed his head in Albert's shoulder. "What should we do on our date?"

"Don't know", Albert shrugged, siping his CapriSun. "I'm not really into the whole 'Let's go to a fancy restaurant' thing, you know?"

"Me neither", Race hummed, still thinking. "Coney Island?"

"Can your car take us that far?" Albert laughed as Race punched him in the shoulder. "Kidding!"

"She is a strong and beautiful woman, I'll have you know", Race pointed, an amused smirk on his lips. "She can carry us for smiles."

"Whatever you say." Did Albert think Race was a little delusional? Yes. Busted Beauty was named for a reason: she's busted up. But if Race thought he could fix her up? Hey, summer project. "Do you think it's cool how we met a few months ago and we're already going on our first date?"

"No", Race chuckled, taking a sip of his water. "Especially since most of those months were spent pining."

"I guess", Albert shrugged, tapping the side of his shoe. He looked over to Race, staring at his big blue eyes adorned by wild blonde hair, bluebonnets and sunflowers. "You're, like, such a pretty boy."

Race snorted, running a hand through his hair. "What's that mean?"

"Nothing, just-" Albert licked his lips, trying to find a way to explain himself. There weren't many words to say, just useless adjectives that couldn't compare. "You're really pretty."

Race smiled to himself, unashamed if the blush that rose to his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 423 20
Requests are currently closed. Mainly x reader and ship oneshots, but I'll do headcanons too. No smut. Enjoy!
378K 32.8K 93
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: β€’.Β°NORMALΒ°.β€’ (So go read that one first)
190K 2.4K 50
These are imagines for the 1992 version of the Newsies πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈβœ¨. ALSO NOTE: they are short gifs or random imagines, and are also not my gifs! πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈβœ¨
213K 9.6K 59
Orm Kornnaphat's feelings for Lingling Sirilak have undergone a transformation over time. Initially, at the age of 11, Orm held an unromantic, platon...