Stories From The Heart (JENLI...

By OwbyDowby

Compilation of JenLisa short stories ❤️ More

Be Mine, My Valentine
How I Like That
Binge-Watch
Fansigning Event
Obviously Oblivious
Squeal & Reveal
The Truth
More Than Okay
Jelly Nini
Love at First Sight
Perfect Timing
Fast Talk
Secret Admirer
Stay With Me
Love at Stake
Interesting Neighbor
Love Journey
Fake Relationship
Fake Relationship 2.0
Hello, Kitty
Together Again
Ready for Love
Until I Found You
I Know
Interesting Neighbor 2.0
Love at First Sight 2.0
Still You

Opposites Attract

1.3K 31 1
By OwbyDowby

"Mom, can I go outside?"

"Yes honey. But don't go far, okay?"

A fifteen-year-old girl happily went outside their house as her parents were busily unpacking their things. They just moved to their new house today and Lisa was very excited to roam around the neighborhood. It might be really challenging to live in a different country but she's really excited to gain new friends.

A beautiful sunny day, she thought. Skipping happily along the road, she noticed how the birds were cheerfully chirping and flying from branches to branches. How the leaves dances through the swaying rhythm of the wind. And how people greeted her with their smiles as she met them even though they didn't know each other. People here are really friendly, she thought.

Walking to where her legs can go, she stopped in front of a beautiful house. It has this small garden in front of it, consisting of beautiful daisies. She love daisies herself. Her mom even gave her daisy pendant necklace on her birthday last month.

Still looking at the house, a beautiful woman in her mid-forties went outside. She has a cat-liked eyes that matched her dark brown hair. When she saw Lisa, she smiled and greeted her.

"Hello dear. How may I help you?"

Lisa bowed and smiled. She thought greeting her like how Koreans do. "Hello ma'am. We just moved today and it's my first time roaming around the neighborhood." She looked at her house. "You have a beautiful garden there."

The woman smiled widely as she walked closer to Lisa. Lisa can sense that's she's a nice person.

"Thank you for that dear. It's my daughter's favorite flower. We planted these together. She loves daisies so much." She looked at Lisa for a second. "I think she's somewhat your age. What's your name by the way?"

Lisa introduced herself and the woman as well. She became excited when she knew that the woman's daughter has the same likes as hers. Maybe she can be friends with her daughter when she meet her. Based on how the woman talked about her daughter, Lisa could say that they can go along well.

After a small talk, she bid goodbye to the woman and planned to go back home. But the moment she turned around, a loud thud was heard that made her wince in pain as she fell on the ground.

"Ouch!"

"Look where you're heading, idiot!"

Lisa, looking from where the voice came from, noticed that the beautiful girl, a teenager like her, was riding a bicycle. She has a brunette-colored hair, a cat-liked eyes somewhat the same with the woman she talked earlier. She has a puffed cheeks like dumplings. The girl looked at her as if it's her fault that she was hit by the bicycle. Realizing her state, she stood while still wincing in pain on her right elbow. It's already bleeding.

"Hey! Shouldn't you apologize? You're the one who hit me." She said to the girl, still trying to compose herself despite of the pain she felt.

The girl put her bike on the side and stood in front of her. She's smaller than Lisa, arms crossed with her intimidating eyes. "Correction, you're the one who hit my bike because you are not looking to where you're going."

Lisa was so shocked hearing that. She walked closer towering to the smaller girl. "Me? Excuse me! I am perfectly aware that I am standing here on the side walk. So basically, you're the one who purposely hit me!"

The girl didn't budge with her outburst. Instead, Lisa could see how the girl's eyes doubled the anger mirroring hers. "Hey, you small brain! You're are standing in front of our driveway. Don't you know the simple rules for not blocking the driveway?!"

"What did you just call me?!"

"You heard it SMALL BRAIN, it's your faul- Ouch!"

Because of too much anger, Lisa suddenly grabbed the girl's hair by her left hand that made the girl shouted in pain. She had enough listening to the girl's excuse when they both know what really happened. Before she could even pulled it tighter, the girl held her right arm harshly, specifically the wounded part that made her winced in pain. The act was so rough as they both fell on the ground. They both rolled over, dominating their fight by pulling each other's hair. Both of their eyes were filled with so much anger for each other.

"You, small brain!"

"Stop being so arrogant, you mandu face!"

"Oh my god! What happened here?! Jennie! Lisa! Stop the two of you!" Lisa heard Mrs. Kim's voice as she ran towards them to pacify the situation.

----------

Lisa got it back. She doesn't want to be friends with Mrs. Kim's daughter, Jennie. Even if she's the last person on Earth. She don't want to meet Jennie again. But she don't have a choice but to see her everyday since they became classmates. Lisa transferred to the same school where Jennie study. Ever since that incident happened, they were like cats and dogs fighting. Jennie will always call Lisa 'small brain', and Lisa managed to call Jennie 'mandu face' which made her angrier. They couldn't just get along together.

"Okay class. You'll be having a presentation of the dialogue of the novel, Romeo and Juliet. And you will do it by pair."

The class groaned as their teacher announced it. But Lisa smiled triumphantly because she love that story so much. She even bought a novel book of it and watched the movie a couple of times already. She was so excited with the activity.

"First pair, Jennie Kim and Lisa Manoban."

"No!"

"No way!"

Lisa widened her eyes when she saw a certain brunette shouted with her at the same time after it's announced. Looking at their teacher's sharp stares, both Jennie and her sat down quietly because of embarassment. Of all the person inside the classroom, she'll be paired with the one she hated the most. The feeling is mutual.

"Hey! Small brain!"

Lisa walked along the hallway with her books on her chest. She didn't bother to look back for she knows who. It's Jennie Kim, the mandu cheeks that she wanted to pinch her cheeks because of being annoyed.

She walked faster but not a while, Lisa felt a hand on her shoulders and forced her to face the opposite.

"What? What do you want from me this time, mandu cheek?!" Annoyance is visible in her voice.

Jennie rolled her eyes hearing her not so favorite nickname. She's still catching her breath. Serves her right, Lisa thought.

"After class. My house. We will practice the Romeo and Juliet dialogue." Jennie was about to turned to the opposite direction when she remembered something. "Oh, before I forgot. I love William Shakespeare and his works. So please cooperate. I don't need your scornful attitude with it."

Lisa was about to talk back when she felt Jennie's hands combing her bangs upward, exposing her beloved forehead and made her hair messy. Jennie chuckled before sprinting away that made her yell in irritation.

"I will really kill you, Jennie Kim!"

Lisa pushed the doorbell with the thought of revenging Jennie as she stood in front of Jennie's house. Not a while, the door opened revealing Mrs. Kim.

"Oh, hey Lisa." She looked at Lisa a bit shocked. "I doubt you'll visit my daughter today. Are you here for me, perhaps?" Mrs. Kim chuckled as she knows how her and Jennie hate each other.

"No Mrs. Kim. I'm here to do our assignment abou-"

"Hey small brain, you're late!" Jennie stood beside her mom with a mocking expression. Lisa just rolled her eyes and sighed that made Mrs. Kim laughed. She still can't believe that even until now, they still banter with each other.

Jennie walked upstairs to her bedroom which Lisa silently followed. When they entered, the first thing that Lisa noticed was the big teddy bear sitting on her bed.

"I don't know you're still a baby having a stuffed toy on your bed." Lisa attacked first as she sat on the chair adjacent to Jennie's bed.

Jennie just rolled her eyes without answering. She just went to her study table and got something. She throw it to Lisa that made her wince in pain. It's a script. A modern English version part of the Romeo and Juliet dialogue.

"We'll do the balcony scene for our dialogue." Jennie started as she sat back to her bed. Lisa noticed how Jennie became serious now compared from earlier. "I'll be doing Juliet's line and you'll do Romeo's."

Lisa looked back at the script. She didn't argue with Jennie, because she knew that between the two of them, Jennie can pull off better to read Juliet's line than her. And to be honest, she really didn't mind to read Romeo's part.

Jennie stood and looked at Lisa. She signalled her to stand beside so that they could start. It's nice to do it seriously without any hint of bantering between them, Lisa thought.

Lisa stood, facing Jennie, eyes closed for a brief second and breathed deeply before she looked at Jennie's eyes while reading the lines.

Romeo: What's that light coming from the window over there? It's like the east, with Juliet as the morning sun! Rise, Juliet, beautiful sun, and kill the jealous moon who's already fading and sad because you are far more beautiful than she is.

Jennie walked slowly closer to Lisa.
They continued doing their conversation as if they were drown to the world of the story. No Lisa and Jennie bantering, just being the Romeo and Juliet they portrayed.

Jennie stood and moved her hands perfectly.

Juliet: Oh Romeo, Romeo! Why are you named Romeo? Disown your family and refuse your name. Or, if you will not, then swear that you love me and I'll stop being a Capulet.

Lisa noticed how Jennie changed herself into the character she portrayed. She's not the Jennie she used to know, the brat that annoyed her every single time. But being Juliet, the beautiful woman that Romeo love. But why did she felt different? Lisa felt different the moment Jennie articulated those words so softly in front of her. Why does she feeling like this suddenly?

Lisa mentally erased that thought inside her head as they continued doing their lines.

Romeo: Are you going to leave me so unsatisfied?

Juliet: What kind of satisfaction can you expect tonight?

Lisa heard how Jennie's voice changed. It seems like she's doing it in a sensual way. Did Jennie did it on purpose? Or maybe that Jennie is just as in character as she was.

Romeo: The exchange of our vows of love.

Juliet: I've already given you my vow of love before you asked for it, and yet I wish I could give it again for the first time.

Is Jennie still referring it to Romeo? Or she's referring it to her?

Romeo: You'd take it back? For what purpose, my love?

Jennie moved closer to Lisa while putting both her hands on Lisa's nape. Lisa felt something again that made her froze in place.

Juliet: Just to be generous and give it to you again. And yet I already have the only thing I want. My desire to give to you is as big as the sea, and my love is as deep. The more I give to you, the more I have, for both my love and the sea are infinite.

Jennie ended the line with a deep breath, staring at the frozen state of Lisa. Jennie smiled, those perfect, gummy smile that Lisa haven't noticed before. For the first time, Lisa admitted to herself that after this, things would slowly change the way she felt to the woman she thought as her greatest enemy.

But little did Lisa know, that the cat-liked eye woman was feeling the same, even before she realized it herself.

---------------

I just want to credit the Romeo and Juliet lines I got from the internet. ❤️

www.myshakespeare.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 1.2K 44
She had always feared the night, but everything changed when someone showed her its beauty. The calming moonlight and soothing night sounds transform...
54K 682 40
˚ · . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." ╰┈➤ ✎ 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨...
14.8K 554 26
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
55.2K 1K 94
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...