Love at Stake

"Unnie, I'm so sure that Jennie Kim is into me." I proudly said as I put my bag on my chair. Jisoo unnie was seated in the vacant seat beside mine.

"I don't think so."

I looked at her way with all seriousness. "Believe me unnie, I can really see it through her eyes." I really had a hunch about it. The way she treated me even before. I could tell the we have this special connection between us.

Jisoo unnie faced my way and suddenly flicked my forehead with her fingers for me to stop.

"What was that unnie?!" I shouted while soothing my poor forehead. Our classmates were already looking at us. Looking at Jisoo unnie, she didn't budge and just smirked.

"You are just so full of yourself Lisa. Maybe you're just assuming since you are having feelings for her. That even those simple gestures of hers make you feel it's a big deal." She reasoned out as she get her notebook and pen out from her bag. She's not really interested as to what I am saying.

Of course it's a big deal for me. I started having feelings for Jennie since freshmen years. And we are already in our senior year now. And whatever I said, my best friend wouldn't believe me about it.

Jisoo unnie is my best friend ever since the world began. We maybe close for too long already, but there were times that we quarrel because of different views. But despite of that, she really take care of me as her maknae.

"How about we make a bet?" I seriously said that made her face my way with disbelief.

"What are you talking about?"

I got the notebook and pen from her and wrote something. When I finished, I gave it back to her for her to read.

I, Lalisa Manoban, believe that
Jennie Kim has feelings for me.
Failing to prove this statement,
I will give Kim Jisoo, my best friend,
the right to ask me whatever she
wants me to do for a month. But if I prove it right, Kim Jisoo will but me my
favorite chocolate milk everyday
from this day forward.

Signed by:

Lalisa Manoban

Approved by:

Kim Jisoo

Jisoo unnie moved her notebook back to me and scoffed. "This is nonsense Lisa."

"Unnie, I will prove it to you. All you have to do is to sign your name to make this contract legal. Please unnie." I said while showing her my pleading look.

Jisoo unnie looked at me with annoyance. Not a while, she sighed as she grabbed the pen from me and scribbled her signature above her name. I smiled at her sheepishly.

"This will be the last time that I'll be dealing your nonsense ideas Lisa. May I ask again why I became friends with you?" She replied sarcastically as possible. I just chuckled that earned a sharp stares from my best friend.

Not a while, there I saw the reason why I made that bet. With those beautiful feline-liked eyes and bright smile of hers made my heart swell in happiness. She entered the classroom together with her best friend.

"Jennie, Chaeyoung, over here." I raised my right hand as I called their attention. My bestfriend beside me tensed for the reason I'm perfectly aware of. She has a crush on Chaeyoung Park.