Opposites Attract

"Mom, can I go outside?"

"Yes honey. But don't go far, okay?"

A fifteen-year-old girl happily went outside their house as her parents were busily unpacking their things. They just moved to their new house today and Lisa was very excited to roam around the neighborhood. It might be really challenging to live in a different country but she's really excited to gain new friends.

A beautiful sunny day, she thought. Skipping happily along the road, she noticed how the birds were cheerfully chirping and flying from branches to branches. How the leaves dances through the swaying rhythm of the wind. And how people greeted her with their smiles as she met them even though they didn't know each other. People here are really friendly, she thought.

Walking to where her legs can go, she stopped in front of a beautiful house. It has this small garden in front of it, consisting of beautiful daisies. She love daisies herself. Her mom even gave her daisy pendant necklace on her birthday last month.

Still looking at the house, a beautiful woman in her mid-forties went outside. She has a cat-liked eyes that matched her dark brown hair. When she saw Lisa, she smiled and greeted her.

"Hello dear. How may I help you?"

Lisa bowed and smiled. She thought greeting her like how Koreans do. "Hello ma'am. We just moved today and it's my first time roaming around the neighborhood." She looked at her house. "You have a beautiful garden there."

The woman smiled widely as she walked closer to Lisa. Lisa can sense that's she's a nice person.

"Thank you for that dear. It's my daughter's favorite flower. We planted these together. She loves daisies so much." She looked at Lisa for a second. "I think she's somewhat your age. What's your name by the way?"

Lisa introduced herself and the woman as well. She became excited when she knew that the woman's daughter has the same likes as hers. Maybe she can be friends with her daughter when she meet her. Based on how the woman talked about her daughter, Lisa could say that they can go along well.

After a small talk, she bid goodbye to the woman and planned to go back home. But the moment she turned around, a loud thud was heard that made her wince in pain as she fell on the ground.

"Ouch!"

"Look where you're heading, idiot!"

Lisa, looking from where the voice came from, noticed that the beautiful girl, a teenager like her, was riding a bicycle. She has a brunette-colored hair, a cat-liked eyes somewhat the same with the woman she talked earlier. She has a puffed cheeks like dumplings. The girl looked at her as if it's her fault that she was hit by the bicycle. Realizing her state, she stood while still wincing in pain on her right elbow. It's already bleeding.

"Hey! Shouldn't you apologize? You're the one who hit me." She said to the girl, still trying to compose herself despite of the pain she felt.

The girl put her bike on the side and stood in front of her. She's smaller than Lisa, arms crossed with her intimidating eyes. "Correction, you're the one who hit my bike because you are not looking to where you're going."

Lisa was so shocked hearing that. She walked closer towering to the smaller girl. "Me? Excuse me! I am perfectly aware that I am standing here on the side walk. So basically, you're the one who purposely hit me!"

The girl didn't budge with her outburst. Instead, Lisa could see how the girl's eyes doubled the anger mirroring hers. "Hey, you small brain! You're are standing in front of our driveway. Don't you know the simple rules for not blocking the driveway?!"