A Cut To Love

By anuvawrites

Book 1 In Morello Series When a kind and talented Doctor, Savanah accidentally cuts the billionaire's hand an... More

Author's Note
Covers and Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilouge
New story!!
Note

Chapter 36

9.4K 379 57
By anuvawrites

SAVANAH

The world is a scary place to live in especially when you live, without your special person, your home person.

My day in the hospital was the most depressing today. Every surgery that I did today was a fail people died today.

Any patient that had come today to me for medical help didn't return home with a smile on their face or a ray of hope in their eyes.

I don't know why but it seems today was a very devastating day for me as well as for the patients and their families.

I missed Leo very much today, I called him twice but he didn't pick up my phone, maybe he is busy with a meeting.

I called Adam, but he said Leo didn't come to the office today. Now, this was a scary thing to hear.

I was going to stay the night with Leo, but he was still unreachable to me, the only person I called to know about him was Gracia.

I am not behaving like a clingy or a control freak girlfriend, it's just that I am worried about Leo, it's never happened that Leo didn't pick up my call.

"Hello dear," Garcia answered the call after 2 rings.

"Hi, Gracia, Are you at Leo's house," I asked.

"No dear, Leo asked to take a leave today. What happened, anything wrong?" Gracia asked.

"everything is fine I was just about to head to his place to sleep today, and he is not picking his phone up. so I thought maybe he is at the club."

" oh no no he won't be dear, it's Wednesday today, he only visits the club on Saturday just to check on the work, he must be at home, I assure you otherwise you can call the ground security for the keys they will give you," Gracia told me, I thanked Gracia and decided to go to Leo's house.

Reaching the ground floor I asked the security if Leo is in his condo, and according to them, he didn't leave his house since the last night none entered and left.

As the lift started to reach a floor higher my heart starts to beat faster. I hope Leo is all well and fine. In the back of my mind, I was considering calling 911 but I want to see and then do things.

Maybe he is just sleeping, or he wanted a day off and just sleep in all day. Away from everyday routine. I think I am gonna intrude on his personal space today.

But it will kill me if I didn't see Leo, it is settled I am gonna go see if he is okay and then I will return home. everyone needs their space.

I am standing in front of Leo's door and I already rang his doorbell thrice, where is he, now he is just giving me a heart attack, I am calling him and he is not picking up his phone.

Just as I was about to call ground security and 911 the door opened, I was ready to be now an overprotective girlfriend and yell at his audacity not to call me and put me in worry but then I saw him.

His eyes were bloodshot red with a red running nose, he looked devastated. I lunged quickly at him as he was burning from fever.

"What are you doing here," he asked.

"You weren't picking up my calls, you didn't have Gracia for your whole day and you are burning now you make me so worried Leo," I said and making him sit on the couch.

"I am sorry it's hay fever, I didn't want you to see me like this, and Gracia would have called mom, and right now she is n a trip with my dad, I didn't wanna spoil that." he reasoned.

" no matter what I am always there for you, sickness and health.' i said without realising what I just said. I laid a cold water cloth on his forehead as he grinned.

"idiot," I muttered.

"yours." he said which put a big smile on my face. "mine" I mumbled as Leo leaned towards me and kept his head in my lap after kissing my cheeks.

"did you eat anything?' i asked.

" for breakfast and lunch, I had some leftover pizza." Jesus who eats pizza when he is sick. He can't even call me for a proper bowl of soup.

"Wait here I am making you some soup," I said while picking Leo's head to get up but his hands gripped my thighs tightly preventing me from standing up.

"Don't go you are so warm, and soft," Leo whined like a child.

"You need food, stay here or go back to your room and I will prepare your food in 15 minutes," I said and forcefully made my way to his kitchen.

Leo huffed and went upstairs to his room, I started to boil some chicken to prepare chicken noodle soup and some grilled cheese sandwiches.

It took me roughly around 20 minutes to prepare his food, plate everything on a tray and went to his room.

I made Leo sit straight and placed the food tray in his lap, so he could eat properly.

"Ahhh that's good," Leo said while slurping the soup. I just simply looked at him while eating.

"You are still in your scrubs, go change into my clothes and make my fever less sufferable." He said which made me laugh hysterically.

I made my way to Leo's walk-in closet, I could hear Leo calling me and telling me that he will open the closet door but I ignored him.

As I was about to open the cupboard I saw a small yellow sticky on it, and the writing seems to be quite familiar.

As I read through the note and I could hear Leo's footsteps coming toward me.

It was the prescription note that had been written over 6 months ago to the person I accidentally cut the hand.

The main question was why in the living hell was it with Leo?

"I can explain Savanah," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It was just a stupid encounter which made me utterly obsessed with you. I have liked you for a long time, Savanah and I didn't know how to tell you about it."

"After your accident, I didn't want to be close to you because you got stabbed because of me and I didn't wanna endanger someone because of me again."

Again?

"But then I met you again, in the hospital and I just couldn't control myself to stay away from you." Leo completed which left me completely shocked.

But what does it mean don't wanna endanger someone because of me.

I held Leo's hand and then noticed a very faded scar. I placed a kiss on his palms and wrapped my arms around him.

"You can never endanger me, Leo, you are my home, this is my support system," I said while placing my head on his broad chest.

"And your arms are my protective walls." As I said Leo's arms grew a little tighter around me.

"I'm sorry I lied to you." He apologised.

"It's okay, so you were my stalker," I said and Leo just laughed.

"For you, I can be anything." He said and placed a kiss on my lips.

...............

I made Leo eat his medicines and now he is reading a book, I told him to sleep but he was not feeling sleepy.

I didn't press much because in an hour he will eventually feel sleepy because of the meds, I am also reading a book about business which is surprisingly interesting.

Suddenly my book was snatched from my hands and Leo laid his head on my upper body, I mean my breasts.

"What are you doing Leo," I asked adjusting his head on my sternum.

"You are so soft," Leo said and nuzzled a little bit more towards my chest.

It caught my breath, I don't know why but my legs involuntarily pressed each other tightly. Leo noticed it and I could feel him smirking against me.

"I am gonna sleep on them tonight," Leo said and my hands snaked to his scalp where I gave him light passages to put him to sleep.

Leo wrapped his arm around me tightly and kissed my sternum.

I lay with my eyes wide open looking outside Leo's window. It's 11 at the night and I can't sleep.

Leo is also wide awake with me. We both are just lying with each other soaking up others' presence.

"I miss her," Leo murmured.

I didn't know what happened to Leo but he sounded sad.

"Who Leo," I asked.

"My little sister." He replied.

Strange I didn't know Leo had a sister.

"We can call her if you want to talk to her," I suggested.

"We can't, she died when she was 3," Leo said, which put me on a hold for a minute.

"Do you wanna talk about it," I asked just to relieve his stress so he could sleep peacefully and recover.

"I was six and my sister was three, we were in Brooklyn in my grandparent's house at this time of the month. I wanted her to play with me in the water so I told her if she will play with me I will help her to make her barbie house."

"We played three good hours in the water in the afternoon. After playing our parents dried us up gave us soup and covered us with a warm blanket."

"Later night I heard my parents ruffling when I went to see what was happening I saw her lying lifeless and pale in my mom's arm as my father was rushing her to the hospital."

"She was cold as ice, reaching the hospital doctor tried to help her but couldn't she died of pneumonia."

"And it was because of me, if I hadn't made her play with me in the water she would have been here with us. My parents never blamed me for her death but deep down I always knew I am the reason that my sister is not alive."

Hearing this I could feel my heart squirming at Leo's words and I could hear him sniffling. He was crying.

I pulled Leo's face up to my face so I could look at him properly. At this moment he was lying on top of me except his legs were not on my body.

"It's not your fault Leo. You were a kid back then, you didn't do to hurt her you just wanted to play, and trust me if your sister was here she also did not want you to blame yourself." I said and placed a small kiss on his forehead.

I wiped small tears coming out from the corner of his eyes with the back of my hand and smiled.

"What was her name," I asked.

"Eleonora Morello." He said which made his lips curve upwards.

Leo moved closer to me and kissed my lips softly, lovingly like he was telling me something.

The meds were making him feel dizzy maybe that's the reason he told me about his sister.

"You mean the world to me, Savanah." And it stopped my heart.

He is dizzy Savanah, he doesn't know what he is speaking.

I hope you like it, people.

Well everyone has some issues, but I believe these are the things that shape us for the future but it also depends on us how we want it to shape us. Good or Bad.

The choice is simple, yet we still make mistakes.

Enjoy reading lovelies💕💕.

_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_×_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 12.4K 83
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
291K 9.8K 34
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
2.6M 219K 95
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
388K 23K 46
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ☆|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...