A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!
Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!

879 47 9
By sleepylilacfox

Warning: contains vulgar language
___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 20;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

Clara began to try to pull up and go through the window, wanting her playtime with her Irumikins as Asmodeus pulled with his entire weight to keep Clara down and out of sight. "What do you think you're doing?" He growled under breath. "You mustn't make a single move before we know what Master Irumi is planning!!" He scolded through gritted teeth. 'Most of all I want to hear what he and the Student Council President are talking about! I have to know! But still! In the honor of my name, I will never stoop to something as low as eavesdropping!'

"Well Irumi? Speak up, what is your ultimate dream?" Ameri demanded as Irumi's hands began to tremble, turning paler.

'Dream...?'

'Have I ever been allowed to dream? What would it be? Am I allowed to exist enough to have a dream for my future? Back then it's been about paycheck after paycheck, living off of scraps, scavenged plant life, and endless orders. Have I ever even thought for myself? I've always done what was asked of me and that was all especially after...'

Irumi shook her head to clear the most stubborn and traumatizing memory she held, shuddering out an anxious breath as she glanced back at Ameri. Her mind was becoming overloaded trying to process and answer that question as she let out a choked up sound. Dream? Dreams? What were they? Did she ever have any?

The small blue-haired girl's face began to redden till it became crimson with smoke fizzing off the top of her head. Knees buckling, she grabbed the little table to her side as she knelt to the floor with a distressed whine.

Ameri stiffened in shock watching Irumi collapse, "are you alright?!"

That was the last straw for Clara, running full speed away from the window and back into the hallway to bust into the room through the doors. "No fair Lady Red-hair!!!! Gimme back MY IRUMIKINSSSS!" Clara yelled in a huff. Asmodeus threw himself onto his feet upon realizing what was happening, muttering an 'uh oh' before yelling at the girl to hold on as he gave chase.

"Valac! Come back!!!" he yelled, gaining up to her speed. "I WANNA PLAY TOO!" "You will not ruin this for him!" "Conner, Merph! Help me out! Take this! Slipper- attack!!!"

Asmodeus gritted his teeth, jumping forward to get in her way of kicking the door open. "You will not get past this door-gah!" he stumbled slightly as she kicked him directly in the torso but managed to steady himself and keep her out.

Upon afterwards, Azz did his absolute best to keep this demoness out of the room; without a single doubt in his mind that what Irumi was currently doing was of the most substantial importance that no one has the right to dare interfere.

Irumi stayed on the floor, on her knees as she gripped tightly at the fabric loosely fitting around her thighs. "My..dream..." she wobbly said in a stuttering breath. Ameri got up from the chair, checking Irumi over by squatting next to the small demon on the floor. "Feeling better..?"

"Y-yeah... it's just my entire life I've only ever allowed myself to think about what others wanted or needed me to do for them. I've never once considered..." Irumi sat up a bit, shifting the way she sat to hug her knees to her chest. "What...what I want for me..." her voice turned so small, lost as she stared blankly at the carpet beneath them.

One time she longed for family and love, she then longed for being useful in any sense that may mean. But then at some point she turned numb to her own wants and feelings. Having to suppress to survive. The life she lived had no room for her wants, no room for dreams of a future, or any sort of goals beyond 'find a job, get the job done, gather the payment, and try to find food'. Then start the process all over again as those two gained more debt which was shouldered to her.

Anxiously, Irumi began to bite at the skin of her lower lip, however it wasn't the same, since coming here the usual chapped skin was smooth and harder to tear apart during her nervous fits.

"Do it now, if you don't have one then think." Irumi paused, blinking away her gathering tears as she turned her head and looked up at Ameri.

"To fly you must first open your wings." Ameri reminded softly. Irumi's eyebrows scrunched up, pouting at how easy Ameri was trying to make this sound. "Yeah, but..." she turned silent, sitting with her ankles crossed over the other as she closed her eyes and thought for a bit, her ahonge curling into a question mark. "Hmmmm..."

She stood up, rubbing either side of her head with a sound of anguish. "Guuh!" After a bit she plopped back down, holding back tears as she tried to think what it is she wants to work for as an achievement but all she could think back to was her ideal and the horrible memories of the past.

"I got nothing..." Rumi mumbled weakly, glancing over to Ameri, depressed as she hugged her knees again.

Ameri smiled, "well, you must climb the ranks then. That is the student's primary duty here after all. So for now, why don't you make it your objective to become a beth?" she advised, beginning to stand back up now that Irumi seemed a bit better.

She blinked a bit, tilting her head. "Raising my rank...that could work," just as Irumi agreed. The doors busted off their hinges, smashed into pieces from a wrecking ball of all things barreling through it.

Irumi squeaked, rolling immediately away upon instinct as the giant thing nearly swung into her direction during its sway back into the hall. Ameri backpedaled away from the busted entryway, standing at the ready. "Who's there?!"

Asmodeus picked himself up from the floor, keeping in his groan of pain from being thrown like that. "I'm terribly sorry, Master Irumi! I wasn't trying to disturb you but at the very same moment that I happened to blink..." the pinkette winced.

Clara stomped out of the dust the rubble caused with a pout-like scowl. "Gimme back my Irumikins!!" Clara huffed out, stomping over to Irumi while glaring at Ameri then at Asmodeus as she quickly clung to Irumi's side.

Quickly, while Asmodeus and Clara were distracted by apologizing and pulling at Irumi, Ameri grabbed the books and hid them behind her back. 'Thankfully it seems we were not overheard...' Ameri thought with a sigh of relief.

"I have failed! I can not believe I blinked!!" Asmodeus yelled in anguish after yelling at Clara to quit dragging Irumi around by the uniform's collar. 'And I was never able to hear what they were talking about...' "I'm a failure..." Azz whimpered out.

Irumi was standing back up at this point, Clara's arms wrapped underneath her armpits over her shoulder while stubbornly pressing her face against the bluenette's back. "Ooh you're fine, Azz-kun. Thank you for trying to help." Irumi reassured while reaching up to pat him on his head softly.

Azz's face tinted a bright red as he shrunk and quivered slightly, looking down at the floor as the warm touch of Irumi's hand embraced his body throughout. "Y-yes..."

"Okay! Okay! Come on, let's gooo!" Clara whined, eyes squeezed shut as she refused to lessen her hold even the slightest on Irumi.

Ameri humphed in amusement, turning her back to the rambunctious group of three. "Alright, you may take your leave for today."

The moment she spoke, Clara turned and hissed at Ameri while attempting to tighten her grip all the more on Irumi, nearly climbing up onto her as she clung.

"Irumi," Ameri hugged the book tightly, keeping it secure next to her chest. "Yes?"

"If you are at all serious about climbing up the ranks," Ameri tilted her head back, peering over her shoulder to gaze down at the small blue-haired student with an encouraging smirk. "I shall wait for you to stand by me, sound good?"

After all, she could begin to sense a form of greatness within Irumi after the last few hours of knowing more than just theories and stories covered by the student newspaper. Something about Irumi held a sort of strength- a change for her beloved Netherworld. The Azazel heiress wasn't quite certain if it was all good, or even if it was true this small being was even human or not despite the theories and undeniable facts. But she found herself...looking forward to seeing what will happen next.

Irumi blinked up at Ameri in stunned silence as Clara hissed next to her ear. Tired of Clara's shenanigans, and finding this an obvious private moment for his master (no matter how jealous it caused him to feel) he quickly tore Clara's grip away from Irumi and began to wrestle the gremlin away and out through the busted doorway while -loudly- arguing with the green-haired girl.

Irumi giggled after a moment- to Ameri's words or the arguments between her two friends; even she wasn't completely certain on which, as amusement bubbled over. "Yes!" she chirped out with a wide smirk, her eyes unconsciously beginning to burn brighter as the warmth within her twisted and flared brilliantly within her gut. "I'll see you tomorrow, Ameri! I'm sorry about the door." she gave a short bow before moving over to the stunned Asmodeus and Valac.

Irumi reached her hand out, grabbing each of her two friend's hands and began to guide them to the path leading to their misfit class-after all lunch break was nearly over with. They all walked a bit in silence, Azz and Clara were stunned that Irumi grabbed their hands and was leading them like she was.

"I'm glad you two care so much." Irumi voiced up before either could speak up, glancing back at them with a smile. "And I promise to you that I'll manage my time better so I don't cut short our playtimes, they are quite important to me after all." she mused out, certain that Clara was feeling scared and insecure that she wouldn't want to play anymore if she began hanging too much with someone else, hence the barreling in and being so angered.

Clara looked down, puffing her cheeks out as a bright blush colored her entire body while obediently following Irumi's leading-her focus mostly on the warm pretty hand clasping hers. "So Clara-chan, Azz-kun. Mind playing with me for a bit before classes resume?" Irumi turned herself, walking backwards as she let her arms cross, continuing to hold the two's hands; coincidentally pulling all three of them closer together as Clara and Azz turned a brighter red, staring at her face in admiration. "Yes! I love playtime with you Irumikins!" "It's my honor, Master!" They watched her giggle in joy as she let their hands go before bolting away.

"Then let's set up our play spot close to the class!~ Race you to it!!" Irumi called out, running quickly as the two momentarily gawked, feeling lost without Irumi's warm hands holding theirs. Clara snapped out of the lost feeling first, dashing forward to catch up with a musical giggle escaping. "Wait for me, Irumikins!!"

Asmodeus stood there, mesmerized and aching from the oddity that is his Master. So many things flashed through him- warmth and deep administration. But loss and chills. Then there was that nagging one in the back of his mind- hunger? Greed?...Lust?

He could feel his mouth water while gazing at Irumi leap around, laughing so carefree as playful Valac tried to tackle down his elegant Master. Irumi's silky hair floating around in that low-bound ponytail and framing the small demon's face and body so breathlessly everytime his Master dodged with a simple twirl and skip.

"Haha! Azz-azz is gonna be the slow poke! Come on Azz-azz you're being soooo spacey!!!" Clara laughed in a cheerfully teasing way. Having started to bounce around Irumi's jogging in-place form as they waited for him to catch up. "Come on, Azz-azz!" Irumi yelled out, her own voice getting a teasing tint as she called him that nickname Valac came up with; cupping her hands around her mouth with a radiant grin.

"Y-yes! Yes, I'm coming!" he snapped out of it, running forward as a grin pulled at his face while pushing those thoughts to the back of his mind. It had no place in his thoughts currently. For now all that mattered was to spend time and learn more from this inspirational demon he now dedicated his life to serving.

The rest of the school day passed in a blink of an eye, Asmodeus and Clara clinging to Irumi's side even as they got to class, the two nearly sitting on her when they got to their shared table.

Asmodeus growled and ground his teeth when Irumi briefly played with Sabro again with Clara during a brief break between lessons. Finding the accursed 'climb Mount Sabro' an insult with how his Master swung and looked while pulling up to the brash and obnoxiously taller demon's unworthy shoulders.

Soon enough, Irumi skipped to the principal's office, having played with Clara and Azz a bit more to firmly ensure Clara was alright before sending the two on home. Her ears flicked happily as she threw open the doors after a knock. "Grandpa!~ I'm ready when you are!" Irumi chirped out as she made a beeline to his desk-and where 'her' royal purple tufted lounge chaise sat not far off from his work station.

"Ru-chan!!!" Sullivan cried out, tossing the last few papers he had left to the side as he lept, scooping Irumi into his hold. "Ahh~ I needed this recharge." He mused, cuddling her form close to him feeling himself become rejuvenated by his darling granddaughter's presence after being tortured and drained by paperwork and the ruthless Opera before they left to prepare at the manor.

Irumi smiled cheerily, hugging him back as she went a bit limp, not minding in the least at how she was held similarly to a doll. "I missed you too, Grandpa." Irumi took note of the small stack of unfinished work on his desk then the fact Opera's usual presence was not around. "Where is Opera?"

Sullivan blinked, "hmm said something about preparing, and left a while ago. That meanie left me with so much more paperwork than usual too! Hmph!" He huffed, walking to his desk with Irumi still in his arms as he sat down at his desk. "Mind helping me a bit finish these last few pages, pumpkin?" He looked down at her upon setting her down on his lap.

Irumi smiled, nodding as she partially tossed her book bag over to her chair. "Sure grandpa, what would you like me to do?" "I just need your words of encouragement to fuel me!" He declared with a victorious cheer.

She laughed at his actions, hugging his torso with a grin. "I believe in you Grandpa! This paperwork has nothing against you!!" Irumi played along and cheered as he began speeding through the paperwork efficiently with bolstered energies.

Soon enough it was completed and the two headed on home to whatever was awaiting from Opera's preparations. Well, more like during his excitement of spending time with Irumi and making treasured Grandparent-grandchild memories he leaped out his window and flew her back to the mansion while having her cozy in his arms.

When they arrived home, Irumi skipped out of his hold with one more hug before rushing up the stairs to take her routine after-school-bath. Having sent a quick text message to Kalego, informing him that she arrived at her home before placing the nearly dead device on the charger before entering her bathroom. Partially curious by the handful of large garment bags hung in a portable closet.

Upon entering her bathroom, she was partially stunned by Opera who already stood there in wait for her arrival. Glancing questionably about their state of clothes, confused why they would be wearing that.

"Milady, your bath and all that is needed to prepare you for your formal etiquette lessons are ready. With your permission; may I begin?" Opera requested formally with a bow while cupping a hand over their heart, a mischievous twinkle glittering within their sunset eyes. "...s-sure...?" Irumi agreed while sweating, partially terrified of what it all is that Opera prepared to such extensive diligence that placed them in a...dress.

Irumi was guided into the bath, her hair pulled out of her ponytail into a bun to keep out of the way as Opera got her into the steamy, mineral infused water. High-quality creams and self-care products available only to the most privileged blue-blooded demonkind were rubbed into her skin. Opera's skillful hands massaged, scrubbed, and detangled. They even offered Irumi tea and a small snack during her prolonged stay in the tub while being pampered.

Dazed, and a little sleepy from the steam and head-tingling massages; Irumi was guided and seated at her little plush chair at her vanity desk. Swaddled in a towel as Opera dried and brushed through her hair before twirling it back up into a bun to keep out of the way. Her questions about their interesting choice of clothes and what was in the hung garment bags were forgotten about as she nearly dozed on her vanity as Opera left her side to the bags, inspecting the contents of said bags with great scrutiny.

"Milady?" the cat demon voiced up. "Mmm?" she hummed out drowsy. "Purple, black, white or blue; milady."

Irumi turned her head to Opera, trying to blink enough to awaken as she thought over the question. They did say formal so perhaps these were some sort of fancy clothes? "Mm, purple please." Her thoughts on the pretty purple color of her lounge chair that sat within her grandpa's office, along with what seemed to be the colors of his household-her household.

"Wonderful choice," they approved, pulling out the article of clothing from the bag. Irumi sat up straight, completely awakened by the sight of the clothing. "That- that's..." she began to sweat, looking at Opera in apprehension. "Yes, Milady."

"...why?" she squeaked out, looking between the beautiful and artistically designed fabric and the poker-faced Opera. "Yesterday you said you will begin dressing for your etiquette lessons." they explained simply, tail and cat ears twitching. Irumi paled further, her ears drooping in her horror at where this was going. "y-yes..I suppose I did agree with that..but-its a..."

"Milady is a very beautiful and still-growing demoness. At some point, my lady will be dressing for noble events. When that time comes, Milady should be prepared and know how to move fluently in any thing she may dress in and put those inferior nobles into silence at their lack of elegant grace." Opera's eyes shone, tail flicking side to side at a lively pace as they walked forward to Irumi, bowing before her while smoothing over the skirt they wore for this occasion.

Irumi stared up at them, disheveled by their mere words as she sighed, knowing she lost and that it was a good idea as ever to get used to those types of clothes while in the safety of the manor. "Yes...yes alright. We should clear it up with sensei anyways..." she agreed, rubbing her forehead and pushing her bangs up as she combed her nails against her scalp. "Of course," Opera nearly let out a purr, lifting up the mandatory undergarments from who-knows-where and requested her to stand.

They still had much to prepare and do before the guard dog arrives.

Kalego arrived at the manor, sighing in tire at the long day, as he shoved the bag full of paperwork and the lesson plan he will be covering here today underneath his arm. Walking up the steps to the front doors, he felt a sudden sense of foreboding rise within him. Causing the hair at the nape of his neck to stand as a cold chill crept through his entire body.

Feeling the dread and knowing the fact it wasn't something he could avoid, Kalego gave a cautious knock to the door knocker. One of the door's clicked and slowly squeaked open. The Naberius turned paler, taking a step back in horror at Opera. "What new level of hell is this?!" he choked up.

Opera tilted their head at Kalego, seemingly not understanding and finding amusement at Kalego's horror. "What is the matter, Kalego-kun?" "What's the matter with me?! What's the matter with you?! Why the hell are you in a maid's uniform?!!" he yelled, taking another step back at the chilling look in Opera's eyes.

"Just performing what I must do. No worries, Kalego-kun. This is quite the good thing." Opera stalked forward slowly, tail swishing. "O-oi you stay the fuck away from me!-ack!" "Captured," the cat demon mused and began to drag him inside as he fruitlessly struggled to get away.

Feeling violated from the forced hose-down-because that was anything but a bath-, forceful grooming, and shoved into probably the most expensive line of suits that exist in the Netherworld; Kalego stood there at the bottom of the stairs scowling and confused about what was happening. Wanting to pull at the royal purple tie that was choking him but didn't dare touch it as Opera continued to stare him down.

Sullivan had greeted him about five minutes ago with a cheerful 'Good evening Kalego-kun!~' before prancing up the stairs like a despicable brat high on sugar to get Irumi. Speaking of, what was taking the brat so long? Getting into most noble-tier suits didn't take this long, and there is the fact that the airhead has been getting ready for this damning lesson before he even left the school.

"Milady," Opera spoke up from next to Kalego, partially curtsying and partially bowing as they normally did. 'Milady...?' Kalego wondered in confusion, snapping out of his thoughts as a mouthwatering scent slammed into his sensitive nose without mercy before he could look up at who held Sullivan's arm, gradually gliding down the steps.

"I'm sorry, did I take too long?" Irumi's voice left the demoness at Sullivan's side. Her ears twitched as a blush flushed her face down to her exposed collarbone. Kalego turned pale all over again; just as quickly as his mouth watered from the scents wafting from this damn demon- demoness, his mouth became as dry as a deadly desert just as fast. A bubble of air choked him up in the throat as his mind briefly shut down.

"What the fuck." he snapped out, staring at the girl dressed in a figure-clinging gown who seemed to make it her mission to cause him stress and heart problems despite not knowing each other much longer than two weeks.

This new revelation has just made the lessons and what he will need to work on with her all the more difficult. Because of course the grandchild of the equally hated and beloved Sullivan, one of the Three Heroes of the Netherworld; couldn't just be constantly air-headed and unaware of their surroundings, easily influenced, along with being weak-willed in ambitions. But had to be an oddity of a demoness who smelled dangerously delicious with an addictive warmth as well as the damn sinless, innocently naive look that would make most moronic and greedy imbeciles trying to lay a 'claim' on her to 'taint'! It doesn't help that she is an Aleph that so far hasn't been showing any signs of wanting to move up rank!

Was the damn Principal trying to cause his death by assigning this to him?!

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry I'm not good at dress designs and I couldn't find a good reference photo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 1.2K 29
Lan wangji and wei wuxian, both like diffrent sides of coin when it's comes to their personality but that's not it when it comes to the person they l...
791 53 11
*This is a sequel to Point of No Return* When a mind is isolated with its own thoughts, it can begin to turn on itself. Unable to understand what's r...
730K 19.3K 158
There was a girl named Kate Lene Ureka, an online gamer, a young teacher, and most of all... An Otaku. She is an English teacher in Institute of Toky...
15.2K 487 15
↪It all started when she saved this little girl from a kidnapper, but little did she know that this little girl will change her life. started: 8/23...