Requiem of the Broken

By kendilish

When All Might died, killing All for One in the process... the world was left wanting for a new icon as villa... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Dark Nights
Chapter 2: And So It Begins
Chapter 3: Races and Remembrance
Chapter 4: Stoneside Coincidence
Chapter 5: Monument
Izuku
Chapter 6: Thunder and Lightning
Chapter 7: The Card
Chapter 8: Vertigo
Chapter 9: Relax
Izuku II
Chapter 10: First Contact
Chapter 11: Arrival
Chapter 12: Reunion
Chapter 13: Blitzkrieg
Chapter 14: Broken Chains
Chapter 15: The Hounds of Zeus
Chapter 16: Aftermath Meetings
Chapter 17: Recruitments
Izuku III
Chapter 18: Plans and Preparation
Chapter 19: Operation Blackrock
Chapter 20: The Depths
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Dead Dreams
Chapter 23: Apprentice
Izuku IV
Chapter 24: Frenzy
Chapter 25: Debrief
Chapter 26: Eri
Chapter 27: A Day In
Chapter 28: Nightcap
Chapter 29: Connections
Chapter 30: Mind Dive
Izuku V
Chapter 31: Dark Encounters
Chapter 32: Fenrir
Chapter 33: Assault on Mufustafu
Chapter 34: Predator and Prey
Izuku VI
Chapter 35: Cooldown
Chapter 36: A Dark Horizon
Chapter 37: Bargain
Chapter 38: Old Ties
Izuku VII
Chapter 39: Operation Kiso
Chapter 40: Death and Darkness
Chapter 41: Strangers Reunion
Chapter 42: Past Unveiled
Chapter 43: Reflection
Izuku VIII
Chapter 44: A Bargain Upheld
Chapter 45: Reconnaissance
Chapter 46: The Calm
Chapter 47: The First Step
Izuku IX
Chapter 48: Cometh the Hour
Izuku X
Chapter 49: Operation Hiraishin
Chapter 50: Encroaching Shadows
Chapter 51: Wildfire
Chapter 52: Doorstep to Olympus
Chapter 53: Wrath of Olympus
Chapter 54: The Fall of Mufustafu
Chapter 55: Fallen Angels
Chapter 56: Lord of the Hounds
Chapter 57: Evil Salvation
Chapter 58: Lost and Found
Chapter 59: Lost Legacy
Chapter 60: QUEESS
Chapter 61: Rebirth
Chapter 62: Twin Angels
Chapter 63: The Final Condition
Chapter 64: Ashen Light
Chapter 65: Bloody Silence
Chapter 66: The Storm
Chapter 67: Titans
Chapter 68: Thin Line
Chapter 69: Remains
Chapter 70: Red Sun
Chapter 72: At the Beginning
Chapter 73: Duel of the Fates
Chapter 74: Requiem
Epilogue
Authors Note
Update

Chapter 71: Lasting Pain

39 3 0
By kendilish

She first noticed the deep pulsing ache across her entire body. She groaned and opened her eyes, it was dim in the room but her eyes immediately started watering. She blinked a few times and groaned again as another ache pulsed across her body. She felt like she had been hit by a truck, everything hurt or ached and she felt stiff all over. She could barely move and realized that it was due partly to the numerous bandages stretching over parts of her body. She lifted her head up some off the pillow and she realized she wasn't in her apartment. She lay there confused for a second until her brain caught up and she realized she must be in a hospital. Now more cognizant of her surroundings, she looked around the room. It was a small room, the curtains were drawn and what light there was did little to illuminate the gloom.

She had vague recollections of waking up a few times before this, but they were hazy and indistinct. She closed her eyes and rest her head back on the pillow as she tried to recall recent events. Slowly she remembered recent events, the raid, Yo Shindo, Denki and Jirou, Snipe, Sasakura, All Might, AFO, Zeus, Bakugo, and Izuku. The reality of it all had yet to sink in, undoubtedly it would, but for now, she was too physically, mentally, and emotionally drained to process it all. Until she knew everything was over and done with, she couldn't afford to go to pieces.

As another pulse of aches and pains made itself known, she suppressed a groan and tried to go back to sleep. She spent hours going in and out of sleep, not really getting any use out of it besides being groggy and feeling even more sleep deprived.

When the light from behind curtains was bright enough Ochako decided it was time to wake up fully and so she managed to drag herself into a sitting position. She looked around for a clock and saw it was eight o'clock. She couldn't get out of bed, and she had no doubt sudden moves would aggravate her injuries. So with no other recourse, she pressed the call button and waited. It was about ten minutes later that the door opened and a short woman with glasses and brown hair walked in and smiled when she saw Ochako.

"It's good to see that you're awake, we were wondering if you'd be in and out for another day or if you'd regain conscious today." The doctor said, pulling out her PDA and bringing up Ochako's file.

"So to start with, you're going to be here for a few days. No way around it, we have no way of knowing what sort of damage Zeus might have done to you and the long-term effects of lightning injuries are varied. You have severe burns all over your body, multiple bone fractures, contusions, lacerations, concussions, and the list goes on for a while, but you get the idea." The woman said.

Ochako sighed and rubbed a hand over her face. The next few minutes consisted of the doctor questioning her, and Ochako questioning her in turn.

"Well, it's good to know there are no immediate problems showing themselves but pay attention to your condition. While you are currently movement impaired from your injuries, impairment could extend well beyond the time your external injuries heal. Lightning can cause long-term movement impairment as well as a host of other problems but we'll go over that in detail at a later date." she said, making a few final notes.

While worrisome, Ochako didn't feel particularly worried about long-term problems. She just had a feeling that OFA had done enough to shield her from Zeus's strikes.

"Thanks, but if you can tell me, what's happened? How long have I been out?" she asked.

"I can't say I'm particularly informed, the most I know is that the city is safe, and it's been several days since the attack. Your friends have been inquiring as to your state every day, and once they're cleared to see you I imagine they can give something more specific. Now I have to get going, we're still getting a steady stream of people and I'm afraid I've spent too long already." the doctor said, before getting up and leaving.

Ochako let her head rest against the wall behind her, and just let out a long sigh. She rubbed her face, trying to work the tiredness out of herself. Eventually, food was brought to her, but like the doctor, the nurse quickly left. The next few minutes were spent in silence as she ate the nice meal. Almost a half hour had passed when the door opened again and Tsu popped her head in.

"Tsu!" Ochako said happily.

Tsu immediately came over and the two embraced. Then Tsu pulled up a chair and sat next to her.

"How are you feeling, ribbit?" Tsu asked immediately.

"I can't move particularly well, apart from feeling stiff all over, Zeus's lightning seems to have impacted my motor skills. I just feel sluggish, but at least I can talk fine." She said.

"Is it permanent?" Tsu asked, a look of worry coming over her.

"They aren't sure, lightning injuries are tricky so the best they can do is have me report anything off. Even if my motor skills are impaired for a while, I could get around with my quirk though so it wouldn't be the worst thing." Ochako said, trying to think about the more serious consequences that would result from long-term motor skill impairment.

"But what about you and the others? What's happened?" Ochako asked, changing the subject.

"It's..." Tsu started to say but fell quiet. Ochako could see the struggle as she tried to speak and she felt a pit form in her stomach.

With a sigh, Tsu clasped her hands together before eventually speaking.

"Jirou, Denki, and Shinso are dead along with several teachers and a lot of heroes. Mina is in bad shape, Bakugo is in pretty much the same state you are in, Tokoyami's lost an eye, and who knows how many other heroes have been seriously injured. The city... if you factor in the ruined sector from the war, then combined with the latest damage then the city has been reduced to half of its original size. The only buildings standing from the attack are the police headquarters and several other lucky buildings, but most of those are surrounded by giant piles of rubble that will take weeks or months to clear out. There... we lost... students too... twenty..." Tsu managed to say before she fell silent.

Ochako reached over and took one of Tsu's hands in hers and they just sat there for a while. Eventually, Tsu took a deep breath and wiped her eyes, sniffling as she did so. Ochako was much the same and she used her quirk to float a small pack of unopened tissue over to her. When they'd dried their eyes and calmed down the silence become much more amiable.

"Zeus is currently imprisoned in Tartarus. No idea what will happen from here on out, but since he's the last surviving major officer of the League, then this will be the end of the League for good. A lot of Zeus's forces also consisted of League members so those that remain won't have much of anything left." Tsu said.

"So it's over... almost eight years, and it's finally over," Ochako said, leaning against the wall and letting that fact sink in.

It was a strange feeling, even after the war officially ended, there had always been that lurking fear that there would be a major resurgence. With Zeus, there had been, but now it was all over. No more heads of the hydra left to cut off. For the first time in eight years, she was at a complete loss. So much of her life, or at least it felt like it had been spent fighting and killing. It was hard to imagine a future where that wouldn't be the case. At least not on a scale she had become accustomed to anyway.

_______________________________________________________________

Kirishima and Mina were seated, waiting for someone to fetch them. They'd been told to come by for a follow-up concerning Mina's stab wound so they'd been waiting around for a while. Mina had almost completely fallen asleep, her head resting on Kirishima's shoulder when a nurse came and fetched them.

They wound their way through busy hallways, medical personnel from both the city and outside it were everywhere. Until they came to an office door, the nurse opened it and waved them inside. They stepped inside and saw that it was Okimi's office. She looked and saw that it was them, pushed away from her computer, and gestured for them to take a seat. Okimi sat across from them and didn't say anything until the door had shut.

"Any problems?" she asked Mina.

"No, I'm just tired mostly. The injury does hurt if I'm not careful and I twist or stretch it the wrong way," she said, rubbing a hand over the injury and the bandages wrapped around her, obscured by her clothes.

Okimi made a note on her PDA, then she turned it off and placed it on her desk before turning to face them. She had a sad expression on her face and Mina thought someone had died.

"Firstly, no one died," Okimi said, noticing the worry on their faces.

Mina and Kirishima relaxed, but Okimi still had the sad look on her face.

"Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't give you good news," Okimi said, clasping her hands together in front of her and directing her gaze at Mina.

"Your injury isn't life-threatening as you know, Miss Yaoyorozu saw to that, but she isn't a professional. Even if she had been, it's a toss-up if this could have been avoided without extensive medical equipment. At this point, not even my quirk would make a difference. Too much time has passed and the damage has been done." Okimi said.

Mina felt a chill go down her spine and fear spread over her. She started to shake.

"I'm afraid... that as a result of the injury, there is a very serious chance you have been rendered infertile."

________________________________________________________________

Ochako was discussing things with Tsu when the door opened and revealed most of the rest of 1A, minus Bakugo. Tokoyami had a patch over one eye, and Mina was moving slowly and carefully. Everyone seemed mostly fine though. As they came into the room, the small size of the class really struck her. Only seven people in total, eight if you counted Bakugo but he was in his own separate room. Despite appearances, Ochako could sense the dour mood prevailing over everyone. Though it wasn't so depressing now that they knew Ochako was mostly okay. When she had finished informing the group of her current state they all settled down somewhat.

"So, uh, how's the eye?" Ochako asked Tokoyami.

"Painful, but I'm managing to move around okay thanks to Dark Shadow and Tsu. They've been invaluable in helping me not walk into people and things." He said with a slight smile, trying to lighten the mood some.

Everyone smiled a little at that, but Ochako noticed that Mina hadn't said a word. She'd taken up a position at the window and was avoiding looking at any of them and had a vacant look on her face like she wasn't really present. Now that she noticed it, she saw that Kirishima hadn't said anything either and he looked paler than usual.

"You okay Mina?" she asked, concerned.

Mina jumped and looked over at her, and for a moment Ochako thought she saw fear in her expression.

"Y-yeah, yeah I'm fine!" she said, clearly forcing the smile.

"Is your wound acting up?" Kirishima asked.

"No! No... it's fine." she said, putting her hands over where the wound presumably was and still trying to keep her smile up.

"Is it about Toru?" Todoroki suddenly said quietly.

Mina's head whipped to face him and her smile slipped and she reached out and clutched Kirishima, who immediately brought her close and embraced her.

"Toru?" Ochako asked, suddenly confused.

"Toru was alive," Todoroki said, but his dark expression and the fact that she hadn't been told earlier, made Ochako wary.

"She was?" she asked, disturbed by the sudden downturn in mood.

"She was alive the entire time and was an agent of AFO. When Zeus emerged, she infiltrated the school again and was the information leak both before and after the war. She murdered Shinso who found her, seemingly imprisoned by Zeus, and then stabbed Mina." Todoroki said flatly.

Ochako just stared open-mouthed as the gravity of that truth crashed over her. It explained so much, and it was good she was lying down, or else she might have collapsed. She felt sick at the thought that all her interactions with her at school and during the war had been a lie.

"It's my fault..." Mina suddenly said from her corner.

Everyone turned to look at her, and Kirishima said, "It's not your fault, you couldn't-" Then, to everyone's surprise, she suddenly pushed him away and backed into the corner.

She slid down the wall and brought her knees to her chest and her hands gripped her hair and Ochako knew it must have hurt. Mina took several shuddering breaths before she started crying.

"I... I knew..." she managed to say through sobs.

The whole room went very still.

"I... found her out..." she continued.

"She... was talking with OFA when I ran into her. I was out for a walk at night because I couldn't sleep. When... when I ran into her... OFA... he... he ordered her to kill me. She did it immediately, and with no hesitation, she tried to kill me. I... I did the only thing I could think of and I shot acid at her. The screaming... I can still hear her in my nightmares... So... I... I ran. Then the League ambushed us before I could say anything. When... when it was all over, I thought she was dead. I... I didn't want to tell anyone. Morale was so low already... I couldn't crush what we had... when... when the war ended and nothing happened I thought it would be fine if I never said anything... Then Tokoyami says she's back and... I was focused on the fight and... It's my fault Shinso is dead! Power Loader, Tokoyami's eye, the attack, the teachers, the students, it's all my fault!" she wailed, then she bolted to her feet and wrenched one of the windows open.

Kirishima grabbed her before she could try anything more and wrapped himself around her. She struggled and tried to free herself but when it became clear it was impossible, all the fight left her and she broke down completely. She clutched at Kirishima and continued to cry.

_______________________________________________

Eventually, Kirishima led Mina out of the hospital and silence fell over the room. Eventually, Todoroki and Momo left, and they were eventually followed by Tokoyami, leaving Tsu to keep Ochako company.

Ochako was just staring at the ceiling, even a half hour since Mina had broken down, she still wasn't sure how to feel about it all. Then something occurred to her, and eager to change the subject she turned to face Tsu who was standing next to the window.

"Does anyone know what happened to Izuku?" she asked.

Tsu started and looked at her.

"Izuku? I expect he's somewhere in the city. Probably at his apartment if it wasn't destroyed." she said.

Ochako realized that Tsu didn't know about Izuku's second identity and she wasn't sure if she should share it.

"Well, he was with us at the raid, and after everything with Zeus I lost track of him, was wondering if he was here at the hospital as well," Ochako said opting for a middle ground.

"I thought he wasn't part of the QSU anymore?" Tsu asked.

"He... isn't, but just like the raid to rescue Ahmya's sister, I think he got roped into it since he has the experience," Ochako said, glossing over the details.

"I can check at the desk, but I don't think he's here ribbit," Tsu said.

"I'd appreciate it, thanks," Ochako said gratefully.

"Oh right! I forgot after seeing you were awake but I brought your phone." Tsu said suddenly, pulling Ochako's phone out of her purse.

"Thanks a ton, you're the best," Ochako said, smiling as she took her phone and booted it up.

"Well, I better get going, Nezu needs as much help at the school as he can get," Tsu said, making her way to the door.

"Thanks again for coming to see me," Ochako said.

"I'm just happy to know you're all right ribbit," Tsu said before ducking out into the hallway.

Ochako waited for a few minutes before she pulled up her contacts and made a call.

The phone rang for a while, and she was beginning to wonder if he had his phone when it was answered and she immediately put it on speaker phone.

"What is it?" came the gruff, slightly tired voice of Bakugo.

"Well for starters I wanted to know if you were all right,"  Ochako said, smiling a little to herself.

If Bakugo had the energy to be gruff then he was probably fine.

"Well, that bastard Zeus certainly did a number on me. If I hadn't been high on adrenaline I doubt I would have managed to get as far as I did. I hurt like hell all over and I got a broken ankle and arm. Not to mention the burns, lots of those." He said in a huff, and Ochako could practically feel his annoyance emanating from her phone.

"What about you?" he asked.

"Much the same actually, but I got hit by a lot more lightning so there is some concern of long-term issues," she responded, massaging her arms which were definitely aching with a dull pain.

"Well least the bastards been put away, shouldn't take the government long to sentence him. It'll be good to put the last of the League down." He said a hint of smug satisfaction in his voice.

"But." Bakugo suddenly said.

"This isn't the only reason why you called is it?" Bakugo asked and Ochako was surprised.

"No... it isn't. I... Do you know what happened to Izuku?" she asked.

"No. When I woke up he was already gone. I assumed Zeus incinerated him." Bakugo said quietly.

"No he's alive, he left through the hole before us and presumably he wound up back at the camp. But so far it doesn't look like he came back with us." She said.

"I doubt he went back to the camp, or if he did he didn't stick around. At some point, questions would have been asked and we both know he can't afford that. I'd wager Deku is either in the city or in Komagane." He said.

Ochako recalled that the town below the Kiso Mountains was called Komagane, but she focused her attention on something else.

"Why do you call him Deku? I didn't know that was Izuku until I saw his face in the battle." She asked curiously.

There was a pause until Bakugo let out a sigh.

"It was the nickname I gave him back in middle school. I was a piece of shit to him when we were kids, more than you'd think. It wasn't a term of endearment, but at this point, it's just a habit." He said.

Ochako suddenly had an idea and with a grin spreading over her face, she hovered a finger over the end call button.

"All right, was just curious is all. Thanks for talking... Kacchan." She said with a dramatic pause.

"YOU-!" That was all Bakugo managed to get out before she hung up.

Then she immediately called another number, just to make sure Bakugo didn't try and call her back.

The phone was answered almost immediately.

"Good to hear from you Miss Uraraka, how're things?" Naomasa answered.

"I'm good, but real quick, I need a specific number," she said, quickly.

A few minutes later Naoamasa texted the number to her.

She immediately dialed it, and it was answered after a few seconds.

"Hello?" came the questioning voice of Ahmya.

"Hey, this is Ochako," she said.

She heard Ahmya sigh and some rustling.

"This is about Izuku isn't it?" she said.

"Yeah... he was with Bakugo and me when we fought Zeus. He was the one who put him down actually." She said.

"And he didn't kill him?" she asked surprised.

"No, I managed to convince him otherwise," she said.

There was a pause before Ahmya spoke again.

"Thank you, I... I couldn't have done that. I don't know if I would have wanted to." Ahmya said quietly.

There was another pause in the conversation as Ochako searched for the words when Ahmya beat her to it.

"If you want to know where he is, I don't know. He isn't in the hospital and he hasn't answered my calls. I think we're either going to have to track him down or wait until he comes to us." she said.

"I'm just worried about him, he... when he didn't kill Zeus, he looked lifeless," Ochako said.

"He's spent almost every waking moment since Zeus murdered his mother in pursuit of killing him... He's going to need time." Ahmya said.

"Yeah..." was all Ochako could say.

"Look, you don't need to worry about Izuku doing something extreme. Even if I can't imagine what's going through his head right now, I know him well enough to know that he just needs time." Ahmya said.

"Thanks," Ochako said.

"It's all right, feel free to call if you want to talk. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." Ahmya said before hanging up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 908 18
Unfortunate timing leads to Deku moving to america on his own much like all might . When he returns class 1A gives him death glares... Was it becaus...
134K 4.3K 37
After All Might, Izuku and the gang plus your father who we just discovered rescued you, they deliver the horrible news of the loss of your quirks as...
228K 4.7K 26
After finding out Izuku Midoriya's father is All For One, Allmight has become unsure about Izuku and starts to reject him. Izuku turns from hero to v...
132K 4.3K 38
COVER ART DOES NOT BELONG TO ME!!! ⚠ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠ This Story Includes: - Abuse - Death - Mentions and signs of cutting - Angst ...