[ON HIATUS]To Be The Duke's D...

By MysticalAuthor103

Summary: After the tragic end of Kierra Parvis's life, she was given another chance to live the life she alwa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 13

1.7K 91 4
By MysticalAuthor103

Weeks have passed since the incident with the countess. She didn't show up the next classes after that so I haven't had etiquette in a while. Not that I'm complaining.

Also, Lucas has been spending some time in the basement lately. Whenever I ask him what he's up to he just smiles, places his hand on top of my head and tells me to not worry about it. I was suspicious but I also trust him so I didn't pry any further.

Leilin and Benjamin also accompanies him sometimes and when they leave, their clothing will always have a speck of blood. What in the world is going on down there?

Rashta has moved to the east estate so I don't see her that often and it's starting to get warm again. "Papa" he looked at me "What do you think is brother Lucas doing in the basement?" If I can't get an answer from Lucas then I'll try my luck on Dion. He must've told him something. "Your brother does a lot of weird and crazy things. Whatever he's doing down there is nothing out of the ordinary" not the type of answer I hoping for and was definitely not helpful.

I sighed and laid my head on his desk, an envelope catches my eye. "Hm, what's this?" I reached for it, seeing an unfamiliar seal at the front. "A letter from your grandfather" Who?

"Your mother's father. He reached out saying that he wanted to see your mother and you and your siblings" He says as if reading my mind. I don't think Medea ever brought him up.

If he wants to see her, does that mean he changed? Cause from what I've heard, he was abusive.

"What's in your mind?" I look up at him, "Why does mama never talk about him?" He took a while before answering "because your mother swore that she wasn't going to involve him in your lives. She promised herself that she was no longer going to be associated with anything that has the name of Solon"

"But mommy's a Solon as well, Right?" Dion shook his head "She was. But she became an Agriche the moment she said yes to my proposal" he looked like he was biting in a smile. Going down memory lane, father?

I looked back at the purple seal, taking in the design of the crest. Just what did my grandfather do for my mother to hate him so much?

***

"Done with your lessons, Milady?" Aldrich, my escort, asked. I nodded my head "I guess. If my etiquette teacher doesn't show up again" I grabbed my coat from Allison and walked to the main door. I was asked to meet her at the front so here I am, standing in the cold, waiting for a carriage that may never arrive.

Unfortunately it did. But the one who stepped down from the carriage wasn't a female. King Eduardo stepped out and I can only thank the Lord that the wind wasn't on his side and I am saved from a scene of a cape swaying behind him from the wind.

"My, is this the young lady of Agriche? I am pleased to meet you" He brings his hand to his chest "Are you here to meet my father, your majesty?" He shook his head "No, I came here for a visit. It has been a while since I've stepped foot into a manor under Agriche" he examined me from head to foot.

"Are you waiting for somebody else?" He cocked his head to the side "My teacher, Countess Ines" "I see. It seemed like my cousin has ran late" He chuckled "Did she not come with you? I haven't had my etiquette class for three weeks" He shook his head no.

"I guess there is no more point in waiting. Let's go inside" I turned around. The king following close behind me. "Inform his Excellency that King Eduardo is here" The butler nods and walked away towards Dion's bedroom. "Assist his Majesty to the drawing room" I instruct another butler but Eduardo abruptly stopped me "There'll be no need. I'll just go straight to the duke's study" He takes off his coat and passed it to a nearby maid.

I looked at the butler who was waiting for my order "If you wish then" The butler leads him to Dion's bedroom/study. "Milady?" Aldrich looked at me as I stared at the unforeseen visitor walk towards my fathers study. "Is sister Leilin in her room?" I asked "I suppose so"

I walk towards Leilin's room, knocking before I entered. "Keira?" Leilin sits up from her bed and looked at me. I got in ran to her side. "King Eduardo's here" I hugged her while she was sitting on the bed and I'm still standing up so the side of my face was pressed against her waist.

"Did he come looking for his cousin?" I looked up at her."is the Countess missing?" I asked "No, it's just that he doesn't usually come here" she knows something I don't.

"He said he came because he wanted to visit. He said that it's been a while since he's been in a residence of Argiche" Leilin had that ah, I see expression on her face. "It's quite boring here so why don't we go to uncle Jeremy and Aunt Roxi" she offered and I accepted. We walked over to the West Palace , the lake was still frozen and half of the forest was still covered in snow.

"Keira, Leilin!" Jeremy hugged us so tight I feel like I'm about to pop. "We can't breathe, Uncle. Let go" his hug loosens and his arms where completely removed from us "What brings you two here?" He asked "We don't have anything else to do in the house. The king is also there" I answered, he tilts his head "King Eduardo?" He asked and I nodded.

"Where's Lucas and Benjamin?" Leilin looked at me then at him "They're doing something in the basement" Again with the basement. Leilin gave Benjamin a look and his face changed, as if he understood what Leilin meant with just a stare. How come I don't have that type of ability?

I never really hated snow but right now I wish it would just melt all the way, I really want to run around the sunflower field again and try not to get lost this time. It's upsetting but the sight of chocolates definitely made my mood so much better. While Leilin and Benjamin weren't paying attention, I ran to the table and ate chocolate after chocolate.

There was an entire variety, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate mixed with almonds and chocolates that had jelly inside which I avoided. I was about to eat my 10th piece when Leilin finally realized. "Keira!" She tried to take my hand away from my mouth but I was stubborn, I fought the strength from her hand but when I was unable to I immediately passed the piece of chocolate to my other hand and shoved it in my mouth so she can't take it away.

Jeremy bursts out laughing when I opened my mouth to show Leilin that I've already eaten the round chocolate. "You're gonna get sick again" She facepalmed and I gave her the face of victory. 

"But why do you have a pile of chocolate just laying around?" She asked Jeremy "I supposed that you'll come over one day" he shrugged. It frightens me how right he is at most times. It's like he's stalking us.

"Don't you think Dion would be angry if he found out that you overfed his daughter chocolates?" Roxanna entered the room looking as beautiful as ever. "What? She's a child, it's normal for her to have this type of a sweet tooth" Jeremy scratched his ear with his pinky finger, not wanting to get a lecture from Roxanna. Out of all the Agriche siblings, Roxanna and Jeremy are the definitely ones who are close.

They started bickering and Leilin and I just stood at the side. This is exactly why we came here, entertainment. Roxanna is calm and composed while Jeremy is louder. Do they always bicker like this? If so, I'm amazed dad haven't threatened them with a sword yet.

***

We stayed at the West estate for a little more before we headed back. "My lady please wear your coat" We hear the familiar voice of a maid, God, is she out again? "Hurry Keira" Leilin grabbed my arm and we both rushed to the entrance of the mansion but it was worthless since Rashta caught up with us anyways.

"Hello!" She exclaimed, I looked at Leilin and she looked at me, we didn't know what to do so we just stood there, looking at each other. "Hi" Leilin said coldly, her smile remained on her face despite the heaviness of the atmosphere. "Um, how has your day been? I was just about to go on a walk and happened to run into the two of you" she explained and she even reached for Leilin's hand. Sister, please lead the conversation, I have no energy for this.  

"It's been better. We'll be heading back to the mansion so you may continue on your walk" she pulled her hand away from her. we turned around and walked away, I heard her sniff and cry to her maid. Please kill me now.

"There you guys are" Benjamin greets us at the entrance. "Where have you been?" Lucas appeared behind him. "The West Palace, I have to go wash my hand. I happened to touch something filthy on our way here" I'm glad that we have all agreed to hate on that woman. Ever since the night she entered my father's study, I always peek out when I hear her footsteps in the hallway, she always goes in front of his room but eventually leaves without even knocking at his door. Mom also became more cold towards her, she either ignores her or just answers her questions in short sentences in hopes that she'll take the hint and leave her alone.

She looked nice and I hoped that she was. I really didn't want to hate anyone right now but the way that Rashta acts just gets on my nerves, she acts to be naïve and that just annoys the hell out of all of us. Why can't I just live a quiet life?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 77 10
I had a good life. I had a stable job at a famous cafe, and, met someone who I wanted to live the rest of my life with... But I was run over by a car...
37.5K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
1.1K 22 45
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
3M 137K 68
Lyra knew that one day she would be set into an arranged marriage like a chess piece. She had been preparing for it her whole life, and she was almos...