Chapter 24

Gosh, how long was I asleep for? I said I'll only close my eyes then suddenly I was running around with unicorns. The weirdest part is that I heard mom and dad's voices, I really couldn't make out what they were saying but it's them for sure.

The curtains were drawn so I had to knowledge on what time it was but it looked like the sun was still up judging from the light yellow rays of sunlight that managed to sliver their way into the room. "Your up" I turned to see dad on his table, working again.

Leilin and the others were also still sleeping so I slowly got down, making Benjamin groan only once since I accidentally hit the side of his body with my foot.

"Dad, you should take a break" I looked over at the paper he was filling in, it was a petition of some sort. "I slept a while ago, I feel very energized" He placed the paper in a pile and took another piece from another.

"I meant you should take a day off, leave the work to sir Charles or the butler" he leaned back and looked at me, we both know that the duchy will immediately be in chaos if he leaves for even just a day but when he went to Vasilios and left all the work to his assistant, everything was fine.

"Where would we go then? Will we just stay at home?" He looked at me, spinning the pen in his hands.

"The beach. We can go there after the storm" and you can get some time to be with mom. Speaking of which.. "Did you already talk to mom" he stopped, took a breath then resumed writing, was that a yes?

"I'll talk to her later" I furrowed my eyebrows, suspicious. "My ribs hurt" I looked behind me, Benjamin was massaging the side of his body that I hit a second ago. Leilin chucked a pillow at him, causing him to fall to the ground.

He groaned in pain "What was that for?" He stood up, soothing his butt cheek. "For being so loud" Leilin pulled the blanket over her head and tucked herself back to sleep. Benjamin stomped his foot and threw the pillow back at her.

"Wake up, both of you" he said still clutching on his rib. Leilin sat up, rubbing her eyes while Lucas fixed his hair.

"Did you already talk to mom?" Benjamin also asked and dad shook his head. "You better hurry before Rashta goes to her and make matters worse" dad stopped and looked at him.

"Mhm, I'll just wait for the perfect opportunity" We all sighed, "This IS the perfect opportunity. While mom isn't too provoked. I hope"

"C'mon dad. We'll cheer you on. From outside" I pulled his arm, forcing him to put his pen down. His room wasn't far away from mom's room and he was cooperating. "Do you want me to knock for you?" Benjamin teased.

He shook his head and knocked twice, "Come in" mom said from the other side of the door. He took the knob into his hand and took a deep breath, he opened the door and we pushed him inside, closing the door behind him.

We all pressed our ears on the wooden doors in hopes that we hear something. It was muffled voices but it seemed like they were getting along.

"Shush. Mom's gonna hear you" Lucas was kneeling while Benjamin was standing up beside him. Lucas elbowed Benjamin's leg causing him to stumble backwards.

"We can't even hear them! You think they can hear us" he half yelled half whispered. Leilin and I ignored them and continued to listen in, they stopped talking and it seemed like they were walking around. Hang on.

"Footsteps. Get up. They're coming" Leilin grabbed my arm, forcing me to stand up, Lucas and Benjamin scrambled to their feet and stood beside us.

Mom opened the door and looked at us. "Mommy! You finally came out your room" I threw myself into her arms and hugged her. Lucas scoots beside father and asked him if it went well, he gave him a nod and Lucas smiled.