Blood Royals Book #4: Long Li...

بواسطة jmhallewell

The members of the House of Kaelan have become accustomed to never catching a break in their dramatic life. F... المزيد

Author's Note
Cast Part 1
Cast Part 2
Random Pictures
Prologue
Chapter One: Scandalous Monarchs!
Chapter Two: Unapologetically Regal
Chapter Three: The Queen Maker
Chapter Four: Being Visible
Chapter Five: The Queueing Queen
Chapter Six: A Good Day
Chapter Seven: Friends and Family Part 1
Chapter Eight: Friends and Family Part 2
Chapter Nine: Underground Romance? Part 1
Chapter Ten: Underground Romance? Part 2
Chapter Eleven: The Angry Women
Chapter Twelve: Let's Go South
Chapter Thirteen: Hanging Horrors
Chapter Fourteen: At Your Mercy
Chapter Fifteen: 54
Chapter Sixteen: Black Out Protocol
Chapter Seventeen: Queen Regent
Chapter Eighteen: The Gates Of The Kings
Chapter Nineteen: The Death of Kings
Chapter Twenty: Daring Bouts
Chapter Twenty One: The Mad King!
Chapter Twenty Two: Some Space
Chapter Twenty Three: Shifty Allies
Chapter Twenty Four: Republic of Adair Part 1
Chapter Twenty Five: Republic of Adair Part 2
Chapter Twenty Six: Gold Pin
Chapter Twenty Seven: The History Of The Blood King
Chapter Twenty Eight: The 50
Chapter Thirty: Saine Neane
Chapter Thirty One: Middle Ground
Chapter Thirty Two: Flickering Light
Chapter Thirty Three: Her Majesty
Chapter Thirty Four: The King's Banner
Chapter Thirty Five: I Am The King Of Chea Niva!
Chapter Thirty Six: One Should Stay
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Ride
Chapter Thirty Eight: Amber Skies
Chapter Thirty Nine: The Women
Chapter Forty: Resurrecting A Legend
Chapter Forty One: Dear
Chapter Forty Two: The Dukes
Chapter Forty Three: Cray Thera
Chapter Forty Four: A Second Chance
Chapter Forty Five: The Cycle
Chapter Forty Six: Revenge
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Nine: Behind You 100%

328 56 117
بواسطة jmhallewell

Queen Renee's POV
I plastered myself against the door like literally... arms spread across the span of the door. It's ridiculous because if two things. One, the door is 10 ft tall. I'm a fraction of it. Two, Reli can probably get me out of the way if he's especially determined. Still I hope he takes me seriously even if I look ridiculous.

"What are we doing?" He asked me.

He just out our son down for a nap. He wants to meet his generals to show them something he calls his vision and I don't want to surprised with them. I want to know before them.

"You have been so so so weird! What is going on?"

He frowned at me. "It's weird that..."

"You're... Argh! What are you showing people? No. Where did you go like when you left with Stephen? Where did you go?"

"Come." He sat down on a bench beside the open glass doors leading out to our private floating garden. I call it that because it is on the third floor and it feels like it's floating. He patted his lap. "Seriously, come."

I left the door but went back to lock it taking the key and fixing it in my bra. He laughed pretty hard until I settled on his lap. "Careful. Don't show Rehan he will think it's a hiding place." He wrapped his arm around my waist. His smile. It's disarming.

"Stop smiling at me! Why are you do happy?"

"It must be the weight of crown lifted off me." He answered with a delicate frown. "Also because for the first time in a while I see light at the end of the tunnel."

"What do you mean? You've always been an optimist. You give hope in every other speech."

"It's routine for me to do that. Just because I give it doesn't mean I believe it. It's more of making others feel safe and hopeful even when the future is bleak."

"You sell it well."

"I know. When I was in quarantine, I wasn't sure if I'll ever see you again. I was certain that it was the end for me. I knew that I wasn't coming back." He licked his lips. "So when I did wake up and the doctors said I'm going to live, I was happy. I was genuinely happy and for the first time in a long time, I was hopeful. That's why I'm happy. I'm happy to be home with you and Rehan."

"That's wonderful. I'm happy that you're home too. The finality of death scares me. I'm not afraid to die but I'm afraid to lose you. I'm afraid of the weight of the crown being mine forever. I'm afraid of losing control of this kingdom and ruining it for Rehan. I'm afraid of losing control of the prince. Reli he pulls my hair. He doesn't pull yours but mine is like rope for him. I can't even wear earrings because he will rip my ears open. He's peeping in my blouse whenever he wants and now he knows what to call these!" I moved my chest for him.

He started laughing. This is the part he gives solutions.

"You're funny. First of all, death is inevitable. At some point we will die. Make peace with it."

"It doesn't make it any easier!" I protested.

"But it keeps you from living in denial Renée. Make peace with it. It's not what I'm wishing for but when it happens, I want you to know that I trust you to take care of things and that I trust you to raise Rehan right. About in the peeping in your blouse, that's your fault."

"Really?"

"Yes. I told you to stop breast feeding him. Rehan is the product of the two of us. He's smart. He gets things quickly even more than you think. He doesn't breast feed because he's hungry. That kid wats food off a plate on his own. I have seen it. He breast feeds because it's fun. He just likes to and he gets to stare at the most beautiful woman in CN."

I smiled like a silly girl. He thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in CN.

"You don't think he's undermining me?"

"Right now he's just a baby. If he's 3 years old and still peeping in your blouse and pulling your hair, let me know. Okay?" He smacked my bottom.

"Okay."

"There's a lake I kept seeing when I was in and out of consciousness. I kept seeing my grandfather at that lake. I think for me it's a thing that when I'm in between life and death, I see my grandfather. The lake felt real. I was so sure it was real. So I wanted to find out and that is why I went to the lake, to see it for myself."

"Did it exist?"

"Yes. It does. There's a waterfall there-"

"And behind it the passage to Daa Haan?"

"Yes."

"Oh Reli! I'm so relieved that you are sane. For a second I thought you lost your mind!" He's laughing. It's so infectious. "I love this version of you. I live it very much Reli."

The laughter died down. "Things will get better once I get Daa Haan back. But I'm going to need a lot of help and support from you. I'm going to ask you to keep the throne until the last minute just before the war. Are you okay with that?"

"I'll do anything for you."

"Good girl." He pressed his palm on my stomach. "I want to ask something really selfish."

I do t think he needs to ask. I placed my hand on top of his. "Just before you leave, that's the time. I'll tell you when so that there are no misses."

"Thank you. I just want to be sure that you at least have two."

I nodded. "I understand. And I'm sorry for the other times I have been stubborn. But when you survive Daa Haan we have to agreed that we will stop making babies when it's a near end situation." I laughed.

"I promise." He moved his thigh bobbing me up and down. "You're a little light."

"Don't you like it?"

"I don't want to hold your bones at night!" He teased me. "But whatever makes you happy. Thin, chubby, whatever. I love you either way. So about what I'm showing people, my grandfather's underground bolt. It's only for the people I trust the most."

"Cormac, Bowie, Taof, obviously me," i rolled my eyes. "Penni, Xanth?"

"My issues with Xanth are about you. Other than that he died his job well. Adan and Rowan. I'm not sure how it will work out but I have a feeling it will and I trust my instincts."

"I'm behind you 100% to the end." I assured him. "Win or fail you will never lose me. I promise."

King Relian's POV
My grandmother is against me showing the vault to anyone. After giving it a long thought, I have decided that this is a major part of CN history and it should be shown instead of it collecting dust down here. My grandfather's mausoleum will remain undisturbed.

There's a lot of silence in here. Taof is the only one who looks excited.

"So no jets?" Bowie asked.

"Not on the final assault." I answered.

"SC, we are talking old school one on one battle." Xanth addressed me. "Like the 1500."

"Yes." I answered.

"I see this happening and probably working but which army will accompany you? Is the iron army enough?" He asked me.

"I want the Iron Army and the Dark Army. That is why the two of you will work every soldier to the bone in preparation. They don't need to know anything other than it's a necessary drill for hand to hand combat. We merge them and we make one big force dedicated to hand to hand combat."

Taof and Xanth looked at each other. "I'm in charge." Taof informed him.

"Yes ma'am."

These two are convinced. Rowan is giving me strange looks. "Not to sound superstitious but who are we dealing with? I read the book when I was a teenager. Is it you?"

"What book?" Renée asked. I forgot to mention the book.

"It's me, I'm not him." I gestured to my grandfather's statue. "It's a myth. Relax."

"The armor. I count 1500. Where do we get the armor?"

"Can Saine Neane step up? The sword makers can replicate enough and a little extra for the army, right?"

There's a group of old school sword makers from my grandfathers time. They make old steel items."

"They closed shop about five years ago."

"Can you get me in touch?" I asked him.

"That I can do."

"Army and armor check. Anymore questi?"

"Just one. We live in an edge of technology. Drones, fighter jets, surface to land missiles... How do you plan to take care of that?"

"I can take care of that!" Renée volunteered.

"How?" Cormac asked.

"I'm thinking about it as we speak. I'll say more when it's a solid plan."

"When is this happening?"

"Three months from now. I suspect that Adair will attack on the anniversary of Dargan's death." I looked up at the ceiling mural. I sighed deeply. "We don't have much time so... Let's get to it. I want results. No more failure just straight up success. Taof, Xanth, you guys get whatever you need and do whatever it takes to get the army ready. I dint want anything half baked."

"Yes SC." They answered.

"Okay, you're all dismissed."

Everyone left except Cormac. He's looking up at the ceiling.

"Rowan's question was valid. I'm not a superstitious man but who am I dealing with. You seem different."

I got closer to him. "I wish it was him. You have doubts. Speak up."

"I think you're being ambitious. But then I'm not adventurous. When I joined the navy, your grandfather was still alive. He was a quiet man. Never said much but he was known for his ambition. This..." He gestured around. "Worked for him because he had the element of surprise and no one was expecting it. Adair has been preparing for war with you. He's armed and he's ready."

"So am I. Just not in a way he expects. I need you to be behind me."

"It's my duty."

"I don't want your duty. I want a willingness because you believe and not because you have to. Now I know your pissed about what went down when you came clean about my mother-"

"It has nothing to do with that. I just don't believe this will work. I'm sorry. I don't. I'm not convinced. I need conviction. Give me that I'll do more that duty. Excuse me SC."

I have Taof and Xanth. I definitely don't have Cormac. Do I have Bowie?

Am I being too ambitious?

I looked up. "What do you think?" I asked.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

199K 14.4K 50
Nerys has never been much of a fighter but, to earn the gold needed to save her gravely ill brother, she sacrifices everything and becomes an apprent...
A Princess Named Harry بواسطة AliceC_13

الخيال (فانتازيا)

1.9K 433 52
Ever wonder what it's like to become a princess and live in the royal palace? Well, Harry didn't. After suddenly finding out that her mother had marr...
56 11 9
Kyle decides to abandon his privileged Royal life to prove his faithful love for V to his parents and the world. But, the longer he stays in exile, t...
Princess's Dairy بواسطة CS ✧˖°

الخيال (فانتازيا)

92.5K 5.5K 45
1st book of House of Royal Secrets Changes: this word seems easy ongoing thing for everyone around . But what actually happens when your past secret...