Sauvage | Jeon Jungkook

Por tjunglebook

"No private conversations in my company, Ms. Carlson," he says coldly, making me gasp silently at the accusat... Más

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Final
Epilogue
Reflection

Twenty-Four

15.7K 869 691
Por tjunglebook

Jungkook

I pet Bam one last time before thanking Maria, the woman who watches Bam while I'm at work and cleans the house twice a week. Closing the door behind me, I get into my car and leave for work.

The sun hasn't risen completely yet, but that's nothing new for me because I always leave at the crack of dawn. I always like to be at the company very early because it's quiet and I don't have to deal with anyone.

We are two months into the new year and I must say that I can't complain. Everything is going as planned, we are actually ahead of schedule. I appreciate everyone's hard work and in fact, none of this would be possible if we didn't have our competent employees.

Jimin and I made the decision to start our own business, to bring our names to the public with our own efforts and diligence. It wasn't always easy, we had very hard times that we got through together.

But it has left its scars.

After taking all the legal and necessary steps to establish Jeon&Park, we couldn't keep up with the already successful advertising companies for the first two to three years, which left us wounded.

My parents as well as Jimin's parents wanted us to join the family business, but that was not what we wanted. So they decided to withdraw all support and help to make us understand how real life really works and that not everything is a colorful dream.

We didn't let them intimidate us, we still wanted to show everyone what we could do and I'm glad we fought through it because now we are where we want to be.

However, it drained me emotionally and I had a hard time coping with the successive defeats in the beginning. It hurt my ego and I didn't want everyone to think about us as a disappointment.

It resulted in me overworking myself, something I can't say I've gotten out of the habit of doing today, but I'm feeling better. Constant rejections from clients resulted in me always adding an hour to my work time.

I was later diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorders. The reason I went to therapy was that I couldn't fight the feeling of inferiority anymore. I still find myself getting anxious when we start a new project.

Social gathering is a horror for me and until this day, I abhor any kind of it. I'm not saying Jimin had it easier than me, but unlike me, he has always been the one to keep us both on our feet with a hopeful and positive attitude. I am grateful for him.

I brush all those thoughts aside, thoughts I have on a daily basis because I still carry that fear of losing and defeat. Pulling into the garage of our company, I park my car and take the elevator to the forty-second floor.

Like every morning when I find the company half-empty, there are still many computers turned off and empty chairs as I walk to my office. Kiyara hasn't arrived yet either, but I allowed her to drop her daughter off at daycare before coming to work. She didn't even have to ask me.

Unlocking my laptop, I get right to work. There are many things to do, but for most of the paperwork, I have to wait for Kiyara. She should be here in an hour, which gives me time to check the emails that have accumulated.

I continue to work until there is a knock on my door. Jimin enters before I can tell him to come in, but I don't mind because it's him. "You're early," I remark, seeing him in the corner of my eye as he approaches.

"You're late." he grins. Jimin usually gets here later than I do, and when he's early, he likes to tease me about it. "Haven't you heard that the early bird catches the worm?"

He half sits on the edge of my desk. "I should ask you that," I say, leaning back in my chair and turning to face him. I see him roll his eyes. "Is there anything?"

"Yes." he nods. "I'm going to leave soon because I have a meeting and I won't be back today. I wanted to ask if you needed me for anything before I go."

I think for a moment. "No, I don't think so," I say, shaking my head. "I'm going to be busy today, but there's nothing I need you for."

"You always need me." He grins, pushing himself off my desk. He walks to the door and without looking back, he calls out. "Call me, handsome."

I shake my head again after he closes the door behind him. He always manages to be playful, even though he's one of the most hardworking men I know.

There is no one in the kitchen as I make myself a cup of coffee. I walk back to my office and answer more emails. I don't notice how quickly time passes after Kiyara brings me all the papers until a knock sounds at my door.

"Yes?" I call out, my hand still sliding over the papers as I sign my name at the bottom of them.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" that one voice I least expected rings in my ears and I look up only to see Mikayla peeking her head through the door.

"You're not interrupting. Please, come in." I say, sitting up straight in my chair.

It's been almost a month since I last talked to her properly. How could I after everything that has happened between us? It's not that we are ignoring each other, but I know Mikayla is trying to keep the professional space between us.

She comes to a stop in front of my desk. She's wearing a beige blazer dress, her black hair parted in the middle and framing her face. Her eyes are bright as always, I can see the gold flecks in the green even from this distance.

"I finished this and our creative director Lizzie wanted me to show this to Mr. Park. But I just found out he already left," she explains.

"Let me take a look," I say softly.

She looks down at the papers she is holding in her hand as she starts to walk around the table. I get up from my chair so I can meet her halfway, but because she doesn't look up from the papers it almost causes her to bump into me.

She looks up at me. "Sorry, I thought I should walk over," she says.

"It's fine," I assure her.

Now we're locked in this inexplicable eye contact and I realize this happens to us all the time. Something always causes us to get close and I can barely manage to act normal.

It brings flashbacks of the night of the Moulin event. It's something I find myself thinking about more often than I'd like. Not because I regret it, but the embarrassment and anger I felt afterward are beyond explanation. I tried to kiss her without her consent.

She needs an explanation - she deserves an explanation - but I can't give her one. I know she desperately tried to hide from me after that day, but it didn't work out that way because I always caught her changing her ways right at the last second.

I can't blame her for that and I wish I would have cleared this thing up between us in the bathroom a month ago. I didn't know Camille was stopping by, and I certainly didn't know she was going to say something that would make Mikayla run away in a hurry.

As I mentioned before, I hate social events and on the day of the launch, I was not feeling well. Everyone was trying to talk to us, which I can't blame them for because after all, we were the advertising company in charge.

But I felt crowded in, almost suffocated, and I couldn't take it anymore. I found myself stepping out onto the balcony because I was craving fresh air, alone. I saw Mikayla standing there as well in her backless silk dress.

I almost wanted to turn around and leave, but I thought maybe she wouldn't see me in the darkness. I was wrong and within seconds we were standing together at the railing talking about all sorts of things.

The more she talked the more I forgot about my inner worries and the feeling of having all eyes on me. There is something about her that could probably make me listen to her for hours. I am not a person who can hold conversations well, much less find the right words.

I commented on her talking a lot, thinking nothing of it. However, she thought she talked too much and apologized. All I wanted to do was let her know that she wasn't and that she could talk my ear off if she wanted to.

I guess I went too far and I found myself inching closer to her face. Her eyes drew me in and the warmth of her skin radiated to me. When her lips touched mine ever so lightly, it took every ounce of self-control in me to pull back.

I still can't forget the tickling sensation.

I snap out of my thoughts and swallow as I hear Mikayla call for me. She has placed the papers on the table and is looking up at me. A small smile plays on her lips and I stare until I can focus.

When she realizes I'm listening she begins. "I wrote this script for Golden Closet and I feel like it needs a little more, how shall I say, polish. So I wanted to know what you think about it."

I nod and adjust my glasses on the bridge of my nose before taking the papers and starting to read. The way she's standing so close to me makes it hard to focus on the words, but I manage anyway.

I have always noticed how well Mikayla works and the way she words things. I read every line and I have to admit it is an excellent job, which is why I don't understand why she thinks it needs something more.

"I think it's fine the way it is. Maybe you could—" the ringing of a phone interrupts me.

Mikayla's eyes widen before she lifts the phone she is holding in her hand. Her finger hovers over the decline button, but after seeing who the caller is, her eyebrows draw together. She looks up at me, a crooked smile on her lips.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. My father knows when my work hours are and normally he wouldn't call. Would you mind if I answered?" she asks. I can see the apologetic look in her eyes.

"Go ahead." I nod. I watch her leave the room with hurried steps and I can clearly see that she is uncomfortable.

A few minutes pass and I use the time to look over her work again. Jimin will check it as well, but it would certainly save him time if he didn't have to do much more for it.

The door opens, catching my attention and I see Mikayla enter. And it doesn't take me long to recognize the expression on her face as she comes closer.

Her skin is pale and her eyes also radiate panic. Something inside me tells me something is wrong and when a tear runs down her cheek, I know it for sure. I rush to her side.

"Mr. Jeon, I know it's still work hours, but..." she says, her voice trembling. "But can I leave, please?"

"What happened, Mikayla?" I ask, desperately trying to make her eyes look into mine. "Talk to me."

She takes a deep breath and another tear runs down her cheek. I pull myself together to keep from wiping this one away. "My dad called. My mom's in the hospital."

"Come on, let's go," I say without thinking about it. I grab my phone and car keys from my desk. She doesn't refuse and lets me lead her out of my office, my hand resting on the small of her back.

I know Mikayla doesn't have a car and in this panicked state would drive herself crazy waiting for an Uber. Besides, I can't leave her alone in a situation like this. After closing the door to my office, I meet Kiyara's questioning gaze.

"I'm leaving and I don't know if I'll be back. Call me if there's an emergency." I say, not waiting for a response as I continue to lead Mikayla to the elevators.

Her foot taps against the floor of the elevator as we ride in silence down to the garage. I open the passenger door for her and after making sure she's buckled in, I jog around my car and get behind the wheel.

I'm not really a speeder, but in situations like this, I drive over the speed limit - without endangering anyone, of course. Mikayla is quiet the whole time after telling me which hospital her mother is in.

I can only imagine what thoughts and feelings are buzzing inside her and I feel bad because I can't say anything to her that might cheer her up. I just hope and pray it's nothing bad.

Fortunately, the roads are mostly empty, so we're not stuck in any unnecessary traffic jams. I cast her a few glances, but she keeps looking out the windshield into the distance the whole time. I'd rather have her talking than quiet.

Her foot taps against the floor mat, something I've noticed she does when she's nervous. I guess everyone experiences some form of anxiety at some point in their life and everyone has a different response to it.

But when I notice her breathing changing and also her chest rising and falling faster, I can't focus on the road. I know the voice in her head is causing all of this. She is having a panic attack.

It's a feeling I know all too well. A feeling that never seems to leave you. It makes you feel pathetic and scared because you have no control over it and everything hurts. It's your body's reaction to your worries that always haunt you.

I pull over after I notice she doesn't calm down. I leave the engine on before getting out and grabbing a water bottle from the back seat. I rush to the passenger door, open it and squat down so I'm on the same level as her.

"Here, drink this," I say. She refuses at first, but I open the lid and hold the bottle out in her direction. She takes two small sips and thanks me. "Your mom will be fine, okay?"

Her eyes drop to mine. "Can we please go?"

"Yes, but I need you to calm down first, yeah?" I answer. "Breathe with me."

I take a deep breath and exhale again. It takes a bit for her to join me and we breathe in and out together until I notice the tremors in her body gradually diminish. Her eyes never turn away from mine and I give her an encouraging smile when she calms down.

"Better?" I ask, and she nods.

"Thank you," she says, her lips now pressed together. "Can we go now?"

I nod. "Yes. Yes, of course."

Twenty minutes later we arrive at the hospital where her mother has been taken. The nurse tells us the room and we hurry there. The room is on the third floor and we walk through a long corridor until we reach our destination.

Mikayla opens the door and enters. Although she doesn't close the door or ask me to wait outside, I still stop at the threshold because I don't know if it would be appropriate to just enter. I can still see everything inside.

"Mom!"

"Isaac! I told you not to call Mikayla!" her mother scolds right as she hears her daughter approaching. "Now she got worried for nothing."

"I didn't know what to do, Olivia." her father raises his hands in innocence. "You know I panic."

Her mother sighs. She's lying on the bed, her ankle wrapped. She looks pretty healthy - as far as I can tell from here - and that makes me take a reassured breath.

"What do you mean? Of course dad has to call me about something like this." Mikayla hugs her mother tightly and sobs.

"Yeah, but he could have done that after I was discharged. It's nothing serious, I just twisted my ankle and fell."

"Is it broken?" Mikayla asks, inspecting her mother's ankle closely. The panic in her eyes has lessened and I can see she is more reassured now.

"We don't know yet," her father replies. "They did an X-ray and we're waiting for the results."

Mr. Carlson's eyes fall on me. "Oh, Jungkook. You're here too, why don't you come in?" He smiles invitingly.

I press my lips together and take a few steps into the room. "Hello, I didn't mean to intrude, but I wanted to wish Mrs. Carlson a speedy recovery before I leave."

"Thank you, thank you. Did you bring Mikayla?" she asks and I hum. "See, Isaac. You even kept Jungkook from his work." she jokes and her husband sighs.

"No, it's not a big deal. I wasn't too busy," I say. I feel Mikayla's eyes on me and she flashes me a thankful look before turning to her mother.

"How did that even happen?" she whines, pushing the chair that's by the bed even closer and taking her mother's hand in hers.

"It's always that stupid step she won't let me fix," Mr. Carlson shakes his head. I remember how she almost tripped when I was invited to their house for dinner.

They banter back and forth, but the room is soon filled with laughter. Just like herself, Mikayla's parents are grateful for the smallest things and they don't let a bad thing ruin their mood. I admire that.

They are so absorbed in their conversation that I decide to leave because I stayed long enough anyway. I don't want to interrupt them, so I turn around, but before I make it out of the room, Mr. Carlson's voice stops me.

"Are you leaving, son?" he asks.

I scratch the back of my head. "I um, yes, Mr. Carlson," I reply.

"Okay. Wait, let me walk you to your car," he says, already walking in my direction.

Before I can say it's all right, he's already put a hand on my shoulder and we're walking to the door. I turn around, "I hope you recover quickly, Mrs. Carlson. Have a good day."

The man next to me closes the door after Mrs. Carlson thanks me and we start walking down the hall. "I've been yelled at enough today," he jokes.

We walk out of the hospital and on to the parking lots where my car is parked. Our steps are slow, which makes me suppose he's in no hurry. Maybe even trying to have a conversation.

"Thank you so much for bringing Mikayla here," he finally says. "I know my wife is right and I shouldn't have called her while we were still at the hospital. Mikayla gets very anxious when anything happens to me or her mother."

I listen to him quietly without adding my two cents. It's better to say nothing than to agree that she was indeed very scared on our way here. I just nod.

"After the accident, we cared more for each other than before. That day was a turning point for all of us." he starts to tell and I don't know how to react. "Mikayla was still very young when her mother went blind and I can't imagine how hard it must have been for a child."

"I can't imagine it either," I whisper.

"But you know, it never took the joy away from her. She was always the loving and goofy kid and she always will be." he laughs a little and when I turn to him I see the affectionate look in his eyes. "She was always respectful and ambitious. She helps where she can even if it's to her detriment."

"I can attest to that," I comment. He looks up at me because he's shorter than me. "She is hardworking and very good at what she does."

I've noticed a few times already that Mikayla works a lot and carefully. Yes, sometimes she is messy, but that never reflects in her neat work. It's just her personality that makes her unique and stand out.

I have also noticed that she never says no to anyone or anything. I don't know if I can say it's a good trait because it results in her getting things done that other people are responsible for. But it shows how trustworthy she is because she always accomplishes it.

I smile a bit in response to the conversation. I'm sure she would feel shy knowing that her dad talks about her like this to her boss, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one who sees these things. After all, her father is one of the people who know her best.

We arrive at my car and I turn to him completely now. "Thank you so much for accompanying me. Again, I hope she gets well soon," I say. "Mikayla has my number. So if you need anything, don't hesitate to call."

"I appreciate it, son." he places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes a little. The smile resembles his daughter's. Bright and warmly inviting. "You should visit again. I'm sure Olivia would be happy to have you over when her ankle gets better."

"I'd like that, Mr. Carlson." I nod. "Have a good day."

I watch him wave at me after I pull out of the parking spot and get farther and farther away.

_____________________

A/N: I'm invested in this couple and it's not a joke💀
I hope you liked Jungkook's POV!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

542K 22.6K 49
"They can't touch what's mine. They can't stand beside what's mine. They can't have you, darling." he whispers darkly in his ear, smiling like a mani...
10.2K 1.1K 53
she has two choices : marry her enemy or work for him, but having a boss isn't her cup of tea he shows up in her life and promises to ruin her to ash...
23.7K 1K 20
YN left her job while she had an heated argument with her CEO, as she never give up on her pride when it comes to anything, happened to work with Mr...
144K 9K 70
Everything is fair in love and war. But what if you find both love and war in one person? "Are you perhaps ignoring me, Mr Jeon?" Minhee presses on f...