Shattered

By nic275

A story based on the life on a young woman who falls inlove with a man that seems like the love of her life... More

Beginning of your deceit
The Blacks
Amusement park
Halloween
Bug eyes
Danger
Sincerely
What A Girl Wants
Surprises
Feelings
See the world for what it is
Oasis
The most wonderful time of the year
New year, new beginnings?
Tear me to pieces, skin or bone
Why
Where do you go when there's nothing left
A/N
Growing up
Loving someone
Wedding bells
Cold feet or cold heart?
Dead
I'll handle it
Coping
Magazines Do The Talking
I'm Okay
A/N
At Life's Mercy
It's Not A Mistake
Blast From The Past You Say?
Here again
Back To The Usual
Try, just try
Happily ever after? No, not yet
Something Just Had To Go Wrong
Permanent
Met Gala
Meeting You
Things I Never Said
Welcome
Oh Hear My Cry
Not Yet
City Of Love
Fun And Paparazzi
Smarter Than You Thought
All To Myself
Happy Birthday Ethan
Whose Son
Old Friends, New Emotions
Broken Glass
The Recipe
Hart's Story
Super Power
Never Let Go
Smirks And Smiles
Soraya
How Love Should Feel
Stars Are Closer
Fairy Lights And Stories
Guess I Really Am
Dinner
What?!
With You
Friends
Our Son
Guests At The Rickelle's
Dinners and Duels
Your Move
Invite Who?
People Change
Clearer
L-word
Jealous
Surprise guests
Brunch
For You
And Only You
Clinton's Luck
I Attract Pain
Trouble At The Rickelles
Gone
Faded
Playing House
Plan B
Dad Was Right
Appearances
Devil
Rock Bottom
Christmas
Letters To My Heart
Heart Strings
You're Almost There
White Bells
Forgiving And Learning
You Gotta Love It
Golden Gem
Where It Lies
Authors Note

Was That Necessary

201 18 0
By nic275

"Nate have you seen it?" Charlotte's voice says.

My head is pounding,  everything coming from her lips sounds ten times louder. I fumble around for balance.

"Seen what Charlotte?" I ask. My voice is raspy from just waking up.

"Did I wake you? Come on Nate, I Googled the time there, it's almost noon." She says.

I look at the clock next to me.

"What were you asking Char?" I feel myself getting impatient.

"The magazine? Oops Gossip has you and Gemima all in the paparazzi section. The title says :" Nathan Meyer seen in all smiles with a beauty in Paris for date night."

She says then chuckles.

"Is that why you woke me up?" I ask. Her chuckling stops.

"Geez, why are you so grumpy. Bye, I'll call you later." She ends the call.

I walk out of the room for the first time. I feel almost dizzy. And nauseous,  I definitely had alot to drink last night.

Looking over at the kitchen, I see her. The sun bounces on her gorgeous olive skin. Her curly fro bounces as she moves her head to the humming coming from her lips.

She's making breakfast. Her movement is well calculated. She moves when she needs to. I realise that she's making pancakes. My heart smiles.

"Are you just going to stand there? Come on. Let's have some pancakes." She invites me . I waddle shamefully to her.

She first slides a bottle of Aspirin and water over to me which I drink happily.

She goes back to making breakfast.

She puts the food on my plate. I eat the food and my heart smiles. 

"Is it good?" She asks leaning in.

I turn my head up and her breath is fanning mine. Her anxious brown eyes scurry around until mine catch hers. We hold our gaze.

I lean closer.

My heart thumps violently against my rib cage. All I can think about are her lips. Her plump pink lips.

My curiosity, boiling, are they soft? Do they feel as good as I want them to?

She inches closer as well. Her nose brushes against mine. Her eyes flutter closed and she gives me permission.

I want to kiss her. I want to. But...

No buts, do it.

Then suddenly she moves.

"My pancake is burning!" She yells.

She removes the blackened cake off the pan and cleans the pan.

"Umh... we have a meeting today. Then tomorrow we'll go see how other hotels are for inspiration." I tell her.

She nods, she stares at me for a while then goes back to scrubbing.

"We'll leave after brunch. It's a long ride." I tell her and she smiles.

The smile is followed by a nod. Then she clears up the kitchen all so swiftly.  And I'm just staring there.

Realizing exactly what I'm doing,  I up and leave to shower.

We have to leave for the meeting.  To my surprise when I'm in my well pressed Versace suit I find her seated on the bar with a glass of orange juice in hand.

I state at her, she has her hair pulled into a bun. In long, wide and loose white pants and a light brown top.

When she notices my presence she stands. I realise that she is a few inches taller. When she walks closer to me I realise that she is wearing heels.

She picks up a matching white blazer and she shrugs it on.

"You look nice." She says.

"I would say the same to you but it'd be an understatement. " I realise what I just said a little too late.

She smiles but turns to hide her smile.

"Shall we?" I ask. Hanging my hand for her to grab.

"We shall. " she says dropping hers in mine.

"Merci." I say to the door man who holds the door open when we leave.

As expected the ride is long, we're barely by the conference hall yet . Not even half way there.

"Why cant you come and take me?" Ethan asks.

Gem looks to me for answers but I have non. I shrug.

"We'll fetch you soon and we can go anywhere you want to go in the world." I tell the little boy.

"The world? Woah! Aunty Charlie, they taking me to the world." He yells.

"Yes baby. Now convince them to take me too." She whispers horribly so.

"I heard that." I say scoldingly.

"Baby I will call you later okay. Mommy and Uncle Nate have a meeting. " Gem says.

"Okay. Bye love birds." Charlotte says.

"What?" Gem and I say simultaneously.

She ends the call before we can say anything.

"That girl. " I tell Gem.

She chuckles.

"Nate?" She asks. Turning her head to look at me.

The way she looks right now makes me want to park this car and kiss her.

"Yea?" My voice sounds softer than I intended.

"Can we stop for snacks?" She asks.

I'm about to tell her how already late we are when she gives me these eyes. I dont know what they are but nobody's two eyes have ever made me feel like that.

"Okay, we'll stop for five minutes at the next gas station. But five minutes. " I tell her.

As I focus my eyes back on driving.

"Thank you." She says.

And lucky for her the next one comes up within minutes. And we're quick to façade the car.

All eyes are on us as we walk through the little convenient store.

She picks up three packets of Skittles. A large bag of lays and three cans of Pepsi. When I think she's done, she gets a pack of Oreo cookies and a pack of M & M's .

Everyone in the store is staring.

"We're a little over dressed for a gas station convenient store." She whispers.

I nod, her humor never ceases to amaze me.

We pay for the good and soon we're back on the road.

As soon as my Porsche parks on the lot she breathes.

I realise that she only ate the brown M & M's .

"Why didnt you eat the other colours?" I ask her and she cleanse up the little mess she made.

"Well I figured there would be less artificial sweeteners and colouring since chocolate is already brown." She says.

I cant help but laugh.

We walk into the building. A few waiter from the restuarant offer us bottle of water.

Before we walk in.  I see Mr and Mrs Black, so I take Gem to meet them. But she is focused on fixing herself.

"Its nice to see you again Black." I tell Alyster. He nods.  The little red haired lady who is his wife extends her hands.

"Willow, nice to see you again. I'd love for you guys to meet my friend." I turn to Gem who is focused on pulling the blazer down. And looking proper.

She turns and her beautiful brown eyes turn from warm to surprised, confused and then conflicting within a second.

"Gemma?" I hear Alyster ask.

"Alyster. Willow." She says it more like she wants to make sure that what she is seeing and hearing.

"You two know each other?" I ask, more directed to Gem.

"He's... my bestfriend's brother." Gem says.

"Well now that we've all reunited can we get into business?" Willow asks.

We begin walking into the already full conference room.

"Uhh! This is confidential. Only business minded people." She says.

Gem looks at Willow, emotion runs through her face so quick that I barely process it.

I hold her hand and rub my thumb on her hand to calm her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511 28 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...
118K 2.5K 31
Harper Silva is surprised that Ashton Price knows she exists. From being invisible for two years, he has suddenly taken interest of her, turning her...
Without You By Jeem

Teen Fiction

964 25 10
This is where I'm supposed to introduce myself as the shy, nerdy girl. Then introduce the other protagonist of the story, who's a charismatic hot guy...
31.3K 3.2K 50
Kaede goes through a life change after burnout. She finds a new job where her colleague at the same position is none other than her Ex Marco. The one...