Try and Guess

By CandieRocks

Kaitlyn Zane is a regular girl with a life full of d-bags, friends, and of course, a crush. But when she get... More

Ask Ashley
Boys Are Boys
Dead Cookies
Jake's Fuzzy Teddy Bear
Heart Problems
Saying Hi
Unknown People, and Unknown Feelings
Redemtion
Falling
To Cope, and to Survive
A Discovery
That's What Friends Are For
Pasts
Almost Cheating
Ditching Sappy, Romantic Movies. It's the Best, Huh?
How to Face a Part of Your Past
Mr. Vela
Screwed Over.
Rendezvous
Fifty Shades of Fogiveness
Balls
Love Guru
I Hate Dramas
Ace Is an Asshole

Q's and A's

270 6 6
By CandieRocks

I sat there and was drifting off to sleep when the metal door creaked open and the fat cop came into the small cell room with a glazed donut.  I guess some mall cops really were like the stereotypes.  He had a boring brown moustache that looked like a ferret...

I slowly got up from the rusting bench and clung to the thick cell bars.  "Um, officer?  What's happening?" I asked politely.  He sighed, finished up his donut, and wiped the glaze off of his little 'ferret'.

"A teenager is here and bailed you out," he said boredly.  I raised my eyebrows at him as he unlocked the cell door.

"Do you know his name?"  I stood there awkwardly after Ferret Dude opened the door because his figure kinda filled the doorway.  "And um, excuse me, Sir," I finished.

The cop's ferret started to twitch slightly before the mouth under it opened to unleash even more awkwardness!  "Oh so you're calling me fat now huh?" he shouted.  I shook my head vigorously but he kept on going.  "Do you know what sitting around this stupid mall does to you?  Just get out of here!" he ordered.

I blinked as I said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

"Whatever!  Everyone treats me with disrespect," he spat.  I quietly walked around him and took the rant as an opportunity to sneak out of the metal door before I became his punching bag.

"Oh thank God!" I gasped.  That was just . . . scary.  I walked to the front desk where a middle-aged woman was typing on the computer.  "Hello," I greeted.  "So does this little mishap go on my permanent record or--"

"Oh, not this time, sweetie," she smiled.  "This would've come on your permanent record, but a young man offered such a substantial amount of money that we decided not to."

"Really?  Well thank you very much," I thanked bewildered.  I had never heard of an option like that.  It was probably a discreet bribe or something.  The lady nodded and waved me off.  I paused and wanted to ask two more things.  "And um, what is wrong with the man who let me out?" I asked. 

The lady's gaze snapped quickly up to me.  "He should be fine soon," she responded stiffly.  "I'm sorry if he was a bother."  The woman looked back at the keyboard.

"It was no problem.  One last thing," I said sheepishly.  Annoyed, she looked back up at me boredly.

"Yes?"

"Right, sorry.  Who was the boy that bailed me out?"

"That young man over there," she pointed to a corner of the room.

"Thank you," I said.  I could have sworn I saw a little flush on her cheeks as she pointed.  Maybe Jake bailed me out, but I had no idea how he would've had the money to do so.  Putting my hands in the pockets of my grey hoodie, I turned around.

"Oh no," I whined.  I ran a hand through my hair as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey there," Ace Devano smirked from the corner.

***Before I Was Jailed...***

"Those are cute," Julia commented.  I smiled and examined the price tag.  Money was a little tighter now that Mom was the only one supporting the two of us.  The only reason why we had such a nice house with amazing furnishing was because Father used to have a good job before everything went south...

When I looked up from the pair of skinny-jeans I was holding, I saw Ace outside the store just staring at me.  I wanted to kick his sorry, firm ass. Gosh why did the biggest douche-bag in the world have to be one of the hottest?

I grumbled and stomped outside the glass doors.  Ace's blue-green eyes widened slightly and then waved a hand out as if to say stop.

Now I'm like Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and Jackie Chan combined, but an American with a pair of what I call "Eye Candy for Boys".  Except that my super kung-fu powers weren't helping me that day. 

"Are you afraid of me?" I asked.  He shook his head and smirked but I went on and continued. "Because stalking someone at the mall is really creepy.  And I tend to beat the crap out of creeps, you know."  I advanced towards him and grabbed his shirt collar...to see black ink on it.  Oh shit.  I left the store with the unpaid skinny jeans.

Ace scratched his blond hair.  "Yeah, you're probably going to get into trouble," he stated flatly. 

I face palmed myself.  "No shit, Sherlock," I moaned.  I could see the mall cops coming towards me.  How could I accidentally shoplift?  And the ink-tag popped, too.  "Still, why the hell were you staring at me!"

Ace shook his head as if the answer was so simple.  "I was passing by and I wasn't sure if it was you, so I stopped to check."  Crap, that was a legitimate reason...  "Well, bye!" Ace waved cheerfully.  I knotted my eyebrows together as he continued to stand there.

"Uh, are you going?" I asked.  He shook his hair out of his face as a no.

"You are, miss." I heard a male voice behind me and cool metal handcuffs snapped onto my wrists.  "Please let go of the jeans, too."  I sighed, gave them to him, and let the cop take me to wherever the mall cops sat around.

"You suck ass," I muttered to Ace.  Ace grinned and his face lit up.

"Wait, you'd let me suck your ass?" he asked excitedly.  I baby-barfed into my mouth slightly.  Let me tell you that I don't do that often.  Glaring at Ace, I flipped him off.  I don't do that often either.

***The Present***

"Hey there, you naughty girl,"  Ace winked.  I ignored him and walked out of the police office.  Smoothing out my shirt, I took out my phone to call up on Brayden and check on the rest of my friends. 

"Hi Brayden," I said while my face flushed red.

"Hey Kat," he concernedly replied.  "What the heck happened at the store?  I was really worried that you either : never recovered from the hangover last night, or Ace was a super prick and did who know what to get you into trouble."  I laughed and started walking along the mall rail to look down on the first level of shops.

"Um, no to both.  I was just stupid and forgot I was holding an unpaid item when I was about  to yell at Ace."  Brayden sighed and clucked mock disapproval.

"Now who taught you to yell at boys when you had a hunch that they were being creepy?"

Blushing furiously, I muttered, "Maybe my mom did."  Ace cleared his throat behind me and rested his head on his hand over the railing.

"Then she's one hell of a mom," Brayden complimented.  I giggled again only to have Ace pretend to have a choke attack.  Looking back, he was clutching his throat and gagging horribly.  I swear that some people were pulling out their phones to call an ambulance.

"Thanks Bray-Bray!  Hey, I have to go.  I have a ride home okay?  So don't worry about me."  I hung up quickly and grabbed Ace's arm.

Ace caught his breath and rubbed hands together.  "Sorry.  I dozed off and dreamt that I was choking on some mozzarella because your conversation with Brayden was so cheesy."  I glared at him but felt my cheeks heat up anyways.  "I'm fine everyone!" Ace shouted.  He held his arms up in the process and gave a dazzling smile with a wink.

Every girl watching either stumbled or fainted.  Ace is such a motherf----

"Time to go!" he rushed, interrupted my thoughts.  We were walking to the parking lot when Ace asked the question I dreaded.  "Aren't you going to thank me for bailing you out?"

Smiling slightly I let out a small, "Thank you for bailing me out."

"That's better," he beamed.  After Ace opened his car door and got inside.  I stood there looking like an idiot until Ace popped his head out of the window with a quizzical look.

He didn't open the car door for me.  Seriously any guy who's driven me anywhere has opened the door for me, and I guess I should've known that Ace wouldn't.

Grumbling, I began to sit in the front seat when Ace interjected, "Nope!  You have to sit in the back, sorry!  The front is for special people."

I paused before saying, "What?"  Ace threw his hands up into the air and almost hit them on the roof of his car.

"I said, 'Nope!  You have to sit in the back--"

"Gosh!  I heard what you said, stupid!" I snapped.  "I just wanted to sit in the front anyways."

Ace put his hand out as if that would stop me.  "Do you want a ride or not?"  I opened my mouth to say 'no', but he was the only ride I had at that point.  I disdainfully did what he asked and tried to keep my mouth shut.  However, a question kept on nagging at the back of my mind.

"Hey Ace?  Can I ask you a question?" I asked lamely.

"You already did."

"Can I ask another one?"

"You just did."

"Can I ask two questions?"

"You just freaking di--wait.  Okay."

I laughed and continued.  "So, why did you bail me out, and how?"

Ace sighed his signature sigh.  "I did it because money's not a huge problem for me and I felt like it.  I could bail you out because I'm eighteen, officially an adult, duh.  It's not like I actually cared what happened to you.  Surprisingly, I don't have any plans today.  Plus that was three questions, not two."

"Whatever!" I replied.  "Just take me home, okay?"

Laughing the whole time, Ace stepped hard on the gas pedal and raced me home.

"Oh my God!" I screeched, "Slow down, you freak!"

***At Home***

"Hey mom!" I called in the house, dizzy out of my mind.  Ace was a maniac out there.

I froze when I walked into the kitchen though.  "You were arrested."  I swallowed the lump in my throat only to have Mom make me choke on it.  "I can't believe it took you this long to get into trouble like that!  And in two days, too!  It only took me like, two years in high school to get in the trouble you are!"  Wow.  I couldn't believe how weird my mom was.

"So I'm not in trouble?" I asked hopefully.

"Oh hell yes you are," Mom said bluntly.  I shook my head and smiled before heading upstairs to check my Ask Ashley E-mails.

The Ask Ashley E-mail account instantly notified me that I had five new messages.  Four were from new people, while the fifth was from, you guessed it, Him.  Skipping all the other questions, I opened His.  And I laughed hysterically when I read it.

***Ace's P.O.V***

I sat by my computer ever since I sent that E-mail.  It was just that Kaitlyn was so . . . amazing.  I clenched my hair in frustration.  Me, the player who could get anyone he wanted, happens to fall for some stupid girl!  I didn't know what was happening to me, and I wasn't sure I liked it either.

Then finally, an E-mail was sent back.  I sat straight up in my chair with my heart beating like crazy.

'One new message from Hannah Thorton,' my computer said.  "Damn it!" I cursed.  Hannah was always so clingy.  You sleep with a girl five times and she thinks that it's serious.  You'd think that she was being misled or something.  I hovered over the delete button, but stopped when Kaitlyn came into my mind.  'Try to see where she's coming from...' I imagined her saying.  So I replied to Hannah, 'Sorry if I misled you.  I didn't want anything more than getting laid.'

I shook my head at what I wrote and then changed it to, 'Hey, Hannah.  I'm sorry if I misled you.  I thought you understood that all I wanted was to have fun.'  Satisfied, I sent the message.  I wondered how she even got my E-mail in the first place.

I rested my head on my hand when I heard Mom and Dad yelling at each other again downstairs.

"Why don't you ever listen to me anymore!  You're just a horrible person!" my mother screamed.

"Oh really?  Do you ever listen to Ace anymore either?" Dad countered.

"Ace?  Oh right.  Our son." 

I looked down sadly.  They're both horrible people.  And I was, too.  I had nobody.  But when I looked back at my computer screen, I had a new message from the person I really wanted to hear from.

'Hey, buddy!  I laughed so hard when I read your E-mail.  Thanks for that :)  So here it is!

Questions and Answers:

1.  Do you ever actually eat real food?  (Things that aren't always salads)

Um.  Do you eat real food?  Yeah.  Me too.  I hate salads.

2.  Do you see a therapist?

Not at the moment...But I might have to after I finish this list of questions.

3.  What starts with f and ends with u-c-k?

Firetruck.  What?  Do you think I'm stupid?  What else could it possibly be???

4. What is something that all men have, some men have it long and some men have it short, the pope doesn’t use it, and when a man gets married his wife gets it?

Okay, now I need a therapist.  You're too wrong.  But I guess I like it anyways :)  The answer is: his last name.  But, knowing you, I'll fall for it.  Is it a COCKledoodledo?

5. Are you a fugitive?

Yes!  As of today...O.o  I'm coming for you...

6. Do you have a boyfriend?

Yep.  Ya know this already.  And no, I will not cheat on him with you, even if you're super duper hot. K?

7. Even if you do, will you cheat on him with me?

Refer to #6.

8. Even if I'm really sexy and hot?

Why are men, I mean toddlers, so predictable?'

I couldv'e sworn that I read the list over twenty times.  I really, really like her.  I would do anything for her.

And I hated myself for it.

"Get out of this damn house!  Now!" my mom yelled.  The loudness of her voice startled me out of my daydream.

"Fine!  I don't know why I even married you in the first place!" Dad spat.

But I just couldn't do anything for her.  I had nobody, not even family.

I heard my phone buzz so I opened the text I received.  'Do you want to have some fun?' a girl named Ashlynn asked.

But I did have my girls that I would probably never see again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587K 25.2K 31
Donate Body to Science. Check. When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–sto...
917 187 18
Kaitlyn and Zoe always knew they were different. Twins at birth and joined at the hip through life. With a mom who drinks away her sadness and a fath...
4.9K 236 35
* Completed * KENNY: A typical shy geek girl, quiet in class and has no friends, her life is full of good marks, a low life and dark pasts. But what...
3.8K 105 36
Callie Jackson is used to family drama. She spent a fair amount of her childhood dining with only her dog, Hambone, while her parents "talked" behind...