Dark Alley - a Zayn Malik Fan...

By geeeeeo

When small time musician Caroline Mitchell is having a bad day, then finds herself trapped in a dark alley wi... More

Chapter 1: Coffee drinking, book reading, guitar playing girl that she is.
Chapter 2: Of all the places..
Chapter 3: What is it about this dark alley?
Chapter 4: I think I like Ms. Sarcastic
Chapter 5: The term "musician"
Chapter 6: Green Hoodie.
Chapter 7: A hiding place
Chapter 8: What the hell is a snogging?
Chapter 9: What did I do wrong?
Chapter 10: No means no?
Chapter 11: Tell me the name!
Chapter 12: Lost in my thoughts
Chapter 13: I wish it wasn't just for pretend.
Chapter 14: Irish Adventures.
Chapter 15: I knew she was too amazing to be a lawyer!
Chapter 16: I'm cold as the wind blows, so hold me in your arms.
Chapter 18: Popstars and Haters
Chapter 19: My Drunken Irish Savior.
Chapter 20: Keep counting, a deal's a deal.
Chapter 21: Voice on the Radio
Chapter 22: Decisions, decisions.
Chapter 23: If I was your girlfriend, I'd never let you go.
Chapter 24: The generic questions
Chapter 25: Are you on your freaking period?!
Chapter 26: What did I get myself into?
Chapter 27: Table for three?
Chapter 28: The Imaginary Perrie
Chapter 29: The show

Chapter 17: I'm in love now.

17.9K 346 79
By geeeeeo

*Zayn’s POV*

Why did I come tonight?

Why did I have to see another dark alley?

I hate the fact that I was in such a lousy mood.

I sat on the couch inside the VIP lounge. I looked around me and realized how small the room actually was. It was a rectangular room with a single large couch in the middle. Behind me was a tiny bar where Ed was mixing drinks. On the far left was the fire exit where we passed through earlier. On the right was a door that was actually supposed to be used when entering and leaving this room. Outside it was a rotating staircase that led to the first floor, there was a bouncer guarding it with a velvet rope.

This probably used to be a sound tech booth because the glass window in front of me had a view of the stage and the dance floor below. Instead of sound equipment and a production crew by the glass, there now stood directly facing the couch I was sitting on, a small loveseat where Niall knelt.

He looked like a little kid with his hands and forehead on the glass watching whatever it was that was happening downstairs.

I heard the door knock and the three of us looked at the direction of the door at the same time.

A tall, pretty brunette opened the door and Ed called her to come over.

“Hey Son, these are Niall and Zayn.”

“From One Direction. Hello.” She held out her hand and I shook it. Niall also did the same, and then he sat on the loveseat properly.

“Lads, this is Sonja Hyland.” Ed said to us while she gave both of us a warm smile. She looked to be around Ed’s age, or older, I couldn’t really tell. She had an air of confidence around her, like she knows what she’s doing all the time and not even meeting members of One Direction or seeing Ed Sheeran could make her lose poise. She reminded me of her.

She walked towards Ed and he handed her a drink while Niall stood up from the loveseat and slumped down beside me on the couch.

“Thinking about Alley Girl mate?” Niall already gave her a nickname. I found it quite cute actually. It made me imagine that maybe her name was Ally, or Alex, or anything. Anything at all.

“Yep. I can’t help it.”

“I know, I’m sorry you had to pass by that alley. I really didn’t think…”

“No, s’all right.” I said sheepishly. Then I heard laughter from behind us. We both looked at Ed and Sonja, they were so animated in their conversation that they forgot we were in the room. Niall looked at them adoringly. I feel bad that I brought negative vibes along with me, I didn’t want him to feel down, but I just can’t help myself. I haven’t had much sleep since that night I met her.

“That’s them.” Sonja said then they both walked towards the glass window where Niall was at earlier. They both stood there admiringly looking at the stage down below.

“Check it out lads, this is coming with me on my next tour.” Ed called us, and Niall stood up to watch with them.

“Hah! She’s cute.” I heard Niall chuckle.

“No mate, don’t even think about it!” Ed smacked Niall in the back of the head and they both just laughed. Cheeky Niall will flirt with anybody who’s gonna kill his chances of being with ginger jesus. His terms, not mine.

Music started playing downstairs. I couldn’t see what was on the stage because I was still sitting on the couch. I was not in the mood to ‘check out Ed’s opening act’ I wanted to leave already, but I didn’t want to let Niall down. So I went to the bar at the back and looked for a drink.

I must say the musicians playing were good. I loved their cover of Paradise by Coldplay, and their acoustic version of Jessie J’s Domino. As far as I could tell, there was a lead singer, a back-up singer, a pianist and an acoustic drummer, and a couple of guitarists. I don’t know how many people they had in their band. Alley Girl just had one other member.

Not her again. Why does she always have to cloud my every thought?

I figured, I should try to not think about her tonight and finally go check out the band and get lost in their music.

“Well guys, you’ve been a great crowd, but this song will be our last for tonight.” I heard a girl say from the stage. Then I heard disappointment from the crowd. In a way, I was also disappointed. I remained seated in the bar and just watched the backs of Ed, Sonja and Niall.

They looked like a family admiring their new born baby in the nursery.

Then I heard the familiar tune of Ed’s song. Kiss Me.

I froze.

Settle down with me

Cover me up, Cuddle me in

We almost kissed.

Lie down with me,

And hold me in your arms

I had her, I was holding her. Why did I let go?

My heart’s against your chest,

Lips pressed to your neck,

This girl’s voice is so enchanting…

I’m falling for your eyes,

But they don’t know me yet.

As if this exact song was dedicated to me…

And with this feeling, I’ll forget,

Could it be?

I’m in love now.”

I tried to stand up; something was drawing me towards the song, towards the voice of the girl. Could it really be her? But I was frozen. I couldn’t move. I was so lost into listening to the song, like the song was sung for me. There was new meaning to its lyrics, there was a face that I thought of when I heard that song. When the song ended, I felt a tear fall down my face.

“They are perfect!” I heard Ed exclaim just as soon as pop music started blasting downstairs.

I then regained feeling in my whole body and I stood up quickly and walked towards them. They were still watching downstairs. I looked at the direction of Niall’s eyes and saw the girl.

It was not her.

She was a pretty blonde, and people were crowding her talking to her and taking pictures with her.

Disappointment washed over my whole body.

“I’m going to the bar for a while.” I whispered to Niall.

He nodded, still looking at the blonde girl.

I wore my hoodie up and passed through the rotating staircase and made my way to the bar.

It was not her.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Oi! Will Zayn and Caroline actually see each other or will this just be how the story goes forever?!

So near, yet so faaaaaar away. *crying* *for real* WHYYY?? WHY DO I DO THIS TO YOU?!

WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF TOO?! Guys I swear, you’re not the only ones broken by this. I’m such a masochist. Hahahahaha!

@xxnevergiveup I give you one of my saddest chapters because you make me cry with yours. LOST is honestly one of the most amazing books I’ve read in Wattpad. You guys should go read it!

BTW guys! I'm thinking of writing a Niall short story. Should I post it? Will you read it? ;)

xx G

Continue Reading