Time Is Life

By Ivyfrost-the-warrior

It's been about four years since the war against Voldemort ended during Harry's seventh year at Hogwarts. Now... More

death
coming home
floo
the Burrow
portkey
woods
Quidditch final
Darkness
Espoir
Hogwarts Express
magic
Neville
classes
Help
time flies
Halloween
Samhain
photos
the astronomy tower
time
first task
Room of Requirement
December
Christmas
Yule
Fairy lights
the chamber of secrets
bath
Skeeter's lesson
Dungeons
confrontations
second task
madness
April
emotion
Dreamers have visions too
June 24
third task
I'm alive!
final goodbye
the end of the beginning
Harry Severus Lupin

familia hereditatem

1.9K 86 36
By Ivyfrost-the-warrior

"What were you thinking?! Staying alone with Barty on the lose trying to kill you?! And what happened to Crouch?!"

Harry rolls his eyes inside his father's personal chambers.

"I stunned myself to get Dumbledore off my scent for a while, Barty killed Crouch after I snapped his spine. It was so satisfying hearing his desperate screams and those last fleeting slivers of sanity waning. He was a weak man, useless to my cause and so he had to disappear." He smiles innocently but the wicked gleam in those black orbs betrays his joy at the death of a person.

Severus stares at him incredulously, then he sneers. "You are lucky I'm your father, brat! We will be working on that for the following years! Now," he makes a vague gesture towards the office table and the two adjacent seats, "on to pressing matters. You wanted the list with first years coming from Muggle orphanages." He slides the list over the table.

Harry takes the parchment in his hands and scans through it in quick succession. His eyes lingering on every orphanage and the names of the children. His eyes fall on two names from Wool's orphanage. He gasps then smiles to himself. "There's just one way to find out..." He looks up at his dad. "Thank you for doing this, I will perform the spell in the following days. I'll have to talk to the people in question. Do you wish to discuss anything else?"

Severus nods and folds his arms on the table. "Are you certain you want to go through with this plan? That you can trust the dark Lord? I don't wish for you to get hurt."

Harry smiles kindly, warmed by his dad's worry over him. He nods and their eyes meet in a silent confrontation. "I am serious and I won't be persuaded otherwise. But shouldn't you be more focused on getting Remus back?" He chuckles softly, then continues solemnly, "I want for you to be happy, just like I am."

"This reminds me of that article a month back. You dodged my question last time. You better answer me, Harry!"

"What? No brat? Now that's new." He laughs, though without humour. His expression souring very soon and his blank features regarding his father.

"Do not change the subject. What have you been doing with mister Diggory?"

There is an uncomfortable silence stretching between them, Harry fiddles around with his robes and bites his lips. His gaze shifting around the room, until he finally sighs.

"He's my mate, just like Remus is to you. We started courting on September 20th. We wanted to keep a low profile and keep our relationship a secret. With Skeeter running around it has been more difficult, but we've managed."

"I see. And is he treating you well?"

Harry blinks at his father before chuckling. The glow of the fireplace bathing them in orange light, the crackling of wood filling the air. "Of course he is. He's loyal, kind and a gentleman. You don't think he could harm anybody, do you?"

Severus shrugs with a similar grim expression as his son. "I don't know, anything could happen."

"Point taken. But Cedric is fine, albeit very insecure, but brave nonetheless. You don't have anything to fear." He smiles and offers his hand.

The black-clad man takes the offered hand and his long thin fingers wrap securely around the smaller hand.

"I could get used to this...it's so much nicer with a parent to talk to. All other adults are showing so much animosity towards our guests that it gets suffocating at times. I don't understand why they would invite Beauxbatons or Durmstrang if the English people are so biased. Viktor is nicer than most British, certainly awkward at first but a bright mind. Fleur knows a lot about creatures but she can come off as highly arrogant, but she's a great friend too." He fondly smiles at his father, wicked gleam gone and disposition normal again. He's calm and collected, in control.

"You seem to have made quite a lot of significant connections and friendships, not only inter-house relations but also outside of Hogwarts. The last student to do so was Samuel Reyes. He was a troublemaker much like you but he had his heart in the right place, you know him already."

"Indeed, that I do. Do you mind if we treat ourselves to some tea?"

"No, of course not."

Harry smirks and calls on Dobby to ask for some earl grey, his personal favourite brew. He smiles at his father and their interlocked fingers. He never would have thought that Severus Snape was so prone to touch, then again so is he. Harry would love to go further than kissing with Cedric but he also doesn't want to move too fast. Who knows how long they have together. Life will never be easy and Harry knows this first-hand, it's only a matter of time until this peacefulness will be broken and war will break out and loyalties are put to the test.

"I don't like to entertain the thought of what is to come with Dumbledore still so powerful." He sighs into the silence of the room. His father puts a bit more pressure on their connected hands, Harry looks up into those abyss like eyes, exuding with warmth.

"And yet many have started to doubt his judgement. Harry, I would like for you to be a Prefect next year, you do know how the selection works, right?"

Harry nods with a tiny smile. "I do... if that is what you want, then I'd be honoured to be a prefect. I want to keep the peace inside Hogwarts for as long as I can, especially with Umbridge next year."

The father son duo look at each other with matching smiles, both know of their suffering and the mistakes they have made. Harry never thought he would relate to anyone as much as he does with Severus Snape, his father and bearer. He hated that man so much before and now he can see the parallels between them. They both strayed from the right path and paid bitterly for it. Harry with the love he had once given out so freely and Severus with his life. Severus never had a life after alleging himself with Dumbledore and Harry was doomed the first day he met the old wizard.

The only one coming anywhere remotely equal to Albus Dumbledore is Tom Riddle, who has lost most of his knowledge, Harry won't be able to defeat the mastermind without help and it's frustrating to no end.

"I'm sorry for the last three years, I was holding that grudge for no reason. I was being too immature, not acting my age at all..."

Harry laughs, "But was it your fault? Or was it because you didn't have your memories? Look at it this way, you changed. After regaining your memories you became less biased and more approachable. I can see how many Gryffindors have vastly improved in potions the past few months. And we can work this out, I have already forgiven you. I will send a letter to Remus soon and then we can work on getting our pack/coven back."

Severus smiles, a real smile. Harry finds himself smiling back and finding the real beauty of the man. His thoughts were too biased before. Greasy hair or not, it suits his father but washing it wouldn't do any harm either. Then the nose, a Roman hook, even if it's crooked from past breaking and wrong healing, that admittedly doesn't look bad on his father, certainly not on Harry himself. He's fine with his snub nose.

"You know, dad, if you look past that awful personality of yours, you're not so bad looking." Harry grins mischievously. Severus rolls his eyes and wacks his son over the head with his hand.

"Don't be so insolent, brat! Show some respect to your elders!" There's no bite, merely amusement.

Dobby comes back with the tea and bows with a smile as Harry hands him a small token of gratitude. "You are most kind, sir Harry Potter." The elf squeaked before disappearing.

Harry hands his father a mug then takes one himself. "I'll be having a dream in about two weeks," he carefully sips his tea and stares at his dad. "It's about Tom scaring Wormtail because he let Crouch escape. I'll be going to Dumbledore's office afterwards. I should have arithmancy at the time. It's on the day Fudge and Barty are inside the office."

"And what are you planning to do at the office?"

"Refresh my memories about Karkaroff's trial and proof Barty's innocence. I may not particularly like him but he's smart, cunning and ambitious, but overall he possesses an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, I still need that just as much as Tom does. I also don't want for his mate, whoever they may be, to lose him. If I have Dumbledore's unaltered memory of the events I'll have more against him."

"And you want me to be there, is that the correct assumption?"

"Indeed it is. Your occlumency is stronger than mine and I'm pretty garbage at legilimency."

The black haired wizard nods his head and gulps the rest of his cup down in a swoop. "You should go to bed, Harry. It's getting close to curfew, I hope you'll find your way back without stopping to snog your boy." A challenge present in those dark eyes.

Harry blushes and shakes his head. "We're not like that! I'm going to bed!"

Severus drawls a chuckle and watches his son walk out of the door. He quite likes this new role as a father.

...

Harry, Fred and George walk up to the owlery, deep in discussion. Harry clenches his letter for Remus close to his chest, he's nervous, in the past he never wrote the Werwolf and doing so now just seems...odd.

"Don't worry, Harry. I'm sure he'll reply. He's your father, even if he doesn't remember." George rubs the back of his adoptive younger brother. Then the ginger's gaze turns to his twin as they walk up the stairs.

"That's still blackmail, no matter how you put it into words. I tell you, we could get into a lot of trouble for that!" Fred argues. George shrugs and Harry smiles at his twins. They are absolutely amazing and wonderful. Not as wonderful as his handsome Hufflepuff, of course.

"Shh!" Harry suddenly hears someone say from within the owlery. He thinks for a moment if he's missing or forgetting anything, but nothing comes to his mind and so he shrugs and leaves the matter be.

"And yet we've tried being polite; it's time to play dirty, like him. He wouldn't like the Ministry of Magic knowing what he did!"

"I'm telling you, if you put that in writing, it's blackmail!"

Harry shakes his head. "I suppose that's not the worst he's done...there are a few points that are even worse. You remember the Goblins at Hogsmeade?"

The twins nod and turn to Harry. "Well...think of it as this, if Bagman can't pay back, he'll run away the first chance he gets. Personally I would hold a grudge against people like Bagman and would refuse them any help in later problems they might face. If you get what I'm saying." He grins.

"Oh, totally. I wouldn't help them either. But I might be persuaded by certain... propositions." Fred smirks and Harry nods with a twisted smile.

"Exactly, and with that letter, you are sure to be granted your rightful money back."

"I won't be complaining if we get a nice fat payoff. Will you Freddie?"

"I suppose not." The older twin finally relents.

They bang the door to the Owlery open. Fred, George and Harry come over the threshold, then freeze at the sight of Ron and Hermione. Harry claps a hand to his forehead. That's what it was!

"What're you doing here?" Ron and Fred say at the same time.

"Sending a letter," said Harry and Hermione in unison.

"What, at this time?" say Ron and George.

Fred grins.

"Fine - we won't ask you what you're doing, if you don't ask us," he says.

Ron huffs then stares at Harry. "What are you doing with them? They have never been close to you, so why do you spend so much time with them?"

Harry ignores Ron in favour to get Hedwig to take his letter to Remus. "Hey girl, are you willing to help me out and take this letter to Remus Lupin for me?" The snowy owl nips his finger affectionately before flying out of the owlery with a happy screech.

"Answer when people are talking to you!" Hermione growls out in exasperation.

"I was busy, as you could see. And the twins are like my brothers, naturally I would spend a lot of time with them. But I doubt I should be explaining myself to you."

"Why are you writing Lupin?"

Harry sighs. "I want to get back in touch with him and also have a talk with him. There are a few things we ought to catch up on."

Ron's eyes then drift over to his identical brothers. "Who're you blackmailing?" he asks condescendingly.

The grin vanishes from Fred's face. George and Harry half glance at Fred, before smiling at Ron. George turns to answer the younger red head.

"Don't be stupid, I was only joking," he says easily.

"Well, you could have fooled me, 'cause it didn't sound like it." Ron continues to glare at them and Harry shifts into the shadows as he leans against the furthest wall.

Fred and George look at each other. Then George says abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but -"

"It's my business if you're blackmailing someone!" yells Ron. "Fred's right, you could end up in serious trouble for that."

"Told you, I was joking," said Fred now too, mad. He walks over to George, pulls the letter out of his hands, and begins attaching it to the leg of the nearest barn owl. "You're starting to sound a bit like our dear older brother, you are, Ron."

"At least I'm not dragging Harry around!"

"No one is dragging me around!" Harry says indignantly and then pales at the stare Fred is giving him. His eyes literally saying, "Are you sure about that? What about Cedric then?"

George carries the barn owl over to the window, without another word to Ron, and it takes off. George turns around and glares at Ron.

"Well, stop telling people what to do then, Harry is stronger than you think. See you later."

He and Fred leave the Owlery.

Harry glares at Ron and Hermione. "I don't want to hear something like that ever coming out of your mouths again, am I clear? Now then, I shall take my leave I don't have time to needlessly spend on people beneath me." With a mischievous grin thrown over his shoulder at the rather stunned duo, Harry walks out of the owlery and runs after the twins a few ways ahead.

...

Remus sends Hedwig back the very next morning. She flutters down beside Harry, who gingerly takes the letter and reverently fiddles around with it before giving Hedwig a piece of sausage.

"Come on, open it already what's the worst that can happen?" Fred asks full of excitement. Harry shrugs and gently opens the letter.

Dear Harry,
I was very moved at the detailed letter you send me, I didn't expect such a pleasant surprise. And I would love to meet you and catch up. Judging from your hasty writing, something seems to bother you and this is urgent. But I'm afraid we won't be able to meet as soon as we may hope. I've gotten a few day jobs here and there, so thank you for asking. While I don't know why you want my consent for Severus being there at the meeting, you have it. It's time that we lay off that petty rivalry.

Sincerely yours,
Remus

Harry smiles down at the parchment before sending Hedwig with the letter to the head table. His eyes then stray over to the Hufflepuff table and meet with Cedric. Harry smiles brightly, causing Cedric to do the same. Their relationship has grown stronger since their fight and reconciliation.

"It went well." He smiles at his honorary brothers.

"We're happy for you, Harry."

The black haired teen hums, "I love you guys so much!"

They share a hug then return to eat breakfast.

Later that afternoon Harry walks around the common room looking for a particular first year.

Basil, his Basilisk friend, coils around him and his tongue tickles his neck. Harry shifts with a tiny glare. "Quit that! It tickles."

"You haven't let me wander around lately, young one. I would like to look around the castle."

Harry sighs then bends down and lets the shrunken Basilisk slither out of his robes. "Just don't cause any problems, we do not want the teachers to know that you are alive again."

"Of course not, young one." With that Basil slithers away and out of sight. Harry sighs then sits down on one of the couches in the corner. Where could Natalie be? There are a few people coming and going in and out of the common room, but there's no sight of Natalie.

When you're looking for someone you can't find them... He rolls his eyes in slight exasperation. He needs to do this today or he won't be able to do it until next school year. He won't be having any time with the third task, Remus and figuring a way to resurrect Tom without that blasted ritual. Necromancy won't work since Tom is still alive and he can't use the resurrection stone because of the curse on the Gaunt ring. He has been keeping the diadem of Ravenclaw, which he got, just before that breakdown in potions during March, from the room of Requirement and the Gaunt ring during the Easter holidays together with Theo, inside the pocket dimension within the golden egg pendant.

Just then his eyes catch onto a group of laughing Gryffindors and a bout of hisses.

"Stop it, please! I didn't do anything!"

"You shouldn't be here! Evil girls like you shouldn't be allowed at Hogwarts! All you will do is turn dark because of that language. A Parselmouth should not be in Gryffindor, you pest!"

Harry has heard enough his steely eyes fix on the group by the entrance of the common room.

"I believe... You do not see me as dark just because I can speak Parseltongue as well, do you?"

The third and second years turn around with shocked stares.

"Harry Potter...this isn't what it looks like!"

Harry glares at the girl as the air around him shifts and becomes at least ten degrees colder.

"I know what I heard and to think you call yourselves Gryffindors! We are courageous, we know right from wrong. We do not act in the dark like Slytherins, we are not creative like Ravenclaws and we are not loyal like Hufflepuffs, because we favour courage and strength. What you are currently doing is cowardly, forming a group to oppress the weak and fragile. Ever thought of asking Natalie why she is mute? Why she only speaks parseltongue?"

The group shifts on their feet ashamed and no one dares to look at Harry in the eyes.

"I didn't think so, if I see you bullying a fellow housemate or another Hogwarts student again, I won't shy away to abuse my established connections, I doubt you want to be on the receiving end of our fellow prankster's pranks and jokes. Or end up in detention. Now leave before I change my mind of letting you off with merely a warning!" His green eyes blaze with fury.

Then upon looking at a shivering Natalie his gaze softens and he bends down to her level.

"You're okay now. I was actually looking for you."

Her eyes widen.

She looks around and gestures to herself, "For me?! Why?"

Harry grins and motions the girl to follow him out of the portrait hole. "You're an orphan right?" At her flinch Harry stops and looks mildly apologetic. "Sorry I took the liberty to look into it. I had to, I promised someone I would find their child. I'll explain everything once we get to the room I wish to go to. I don't want anyone overhearing us."

Natalie relaxes again and takes Harry's hand as they walk through the corridors together. Harry takes a few secret passages to get to the seventh floor.

"Where are we going?" She asks with curious brown eyes. Harry feels himself smiling at her innocent expression. He lifts his hand and ruffles her hair. Natalie reminds him of his little Albus. Despite the fact that Albus was merely 1 and a half years old.

"The room of Requirement, I promise what I'm about to do won't hurt you." He looks around before shifting to Parseltongue, "I want to perform a heritage spell on you to confirm a few things. Like I said before I want to find the child of a wizard, who asked me. He lost this child when they were at a young age because of many unfortunate events. The girl was sent to Wool's orphanage and the boy was never found again."

"And you think I'm the girl? That I have a family that wants me?" She looks hopeful, if her brilliant smile is anything to go by. "And I have a brother? When will you perform the spell? Or when will I meet them?"

Harry chuckles as they come to a stop in front of a blank wall, Harry paces back and forth three times thinking of a ritual room for a heritage spell. "All in due time, first we need to see if you are the daughter I'm looking for and if you are we'll have to convince your brother if he is here at Hogwarts."

Natalie nods her head vigorously. A door appears before them out of seemingly thin air. The dark brown haired girl looks at the door in awe and then the two of them go inside.

Harry closes the door behind them and takes a deep breath. "Very well, stand in the middle and I'll do the rest. This won't hurt, I promise. I've been through this ritual once before." Natalie nods.

"I trust you."

Harry shakes his head, he shouldn't be trusted so easily but he will leave the girl to it. He cares for her and her endearing personality.

He closes his eyes and starts humming a tune. Then softly speaking in different tongues, a breeze picking up around the eleven year old. Slowly red letters start appearing above her head. Those letters spark and start appearing on a golden parchment of magic. Harry closes his eyes with a tender smile the magical wind turning stronger and warmer. A sense of belonging hangs in the room.

When the wind slows and his humming stops, the song still lingers. Green eyes open and stare at the gold parchment floating towards him. The red letters slowly dissipating and raining in sparks down on Natalie, she looks at them with delight and happiness.

NAME: NATALIE MCDONALD (CHANGED BY MUGGLE BERTHOLD MCDONALD)

MAGICAL NAME: NATALIE ERIS GODWIN

PARENTS: ALICIA MCDONALD(DECEASED MUGGLE MOTHER, SQUIB) BERTHOLD MCDONALD (MUGGLE FATHER)

BIOLOGICAL PARENTS: TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE GODWIN(BEARER)

Harry splutters at that...Tom is submissive? He doesn't strike him like one, but then again he can't judge, perhaps he had an inkling considering the lack of killings by Tom, he mentioned to Crouch. Harry himself doesn't strike like the submissive party of his relationship either... He continues reading with a widening smile, he's found her and now he only needs to find her brother.

RAVEN OPHILIUS GODWIN(SIRE)

SIBLINGS:-

Harry takes in a sharp breath and stares at Natalie, motioning her over to him. The girl quickly runs to him and looks expectantly at the parchment.

Harry shakes, that couldn't be right... Is he really... But he thought...he thought differently. The abuse makes a lot more sense now, that's for sure. He quickly schools his shocked expression and smirks. This will be a great challenge and highly unexpected. He's finally found Tom's son and future heir.

The magical world will be in for quite the surprise. This new development changes a lot of things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 4.9K 43
Regan Diggory is a golden girl in Gryffindor about to begin her next school year at Hogwarts along with her popular and protective older brother Cedr...
94.6K 2.1K 48
❝Loving your enemy is not easy. Some accept it, while some are hellbent on destroying.❞ Students returned back to Hogwarts to complete their final ye...
977K 25.1K 22
(Y/N) Middlebrook was terribly excited for her fourth year at Hogwarts. But at the same time she was extremely anxious. This year was the year she wa...
1K 40 13
[BOOK THREE] With Voldemort at large, the whole wizarding world is on edge. With the murders of wizards and muggles alike every other day, the only s...