The Windborn boy ─ Venti x re...

By cloudyrainee

❝I told you we'd meet again, windborn boy, such a bittersweet coincidence to meet you now.❞ summary; Years af... More

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
New venti ff
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

6.

1.8K 85 14
By cloudyrainee

——present

[ 3rd pov ]

The day Lumine returned to her home of a chaotic bunch, she had been destined to become a victim and fall into the traps of interrogation. To start from the questions Aether would mainly ask—then there were few left which Kazuha would add.

However, Xiao didn't consider speaking up. He remained quiet as he wasn't the type, but the blonde watched him attentively nonetheless while she expressed silent gratitude for staying quiet.

Once he opened his mouth, her curiosity was sparked. It wasn't about not possessing the courage, it was rather the lack of energy he decided not to dedicate to the cause—which sounded incredibly offensive to others, but not to his friends—he had other strengths in indicating he cared.

He was quite the gentleman and possessed a very soft-sided soul, but he took time to adapt to anyone. If it weren't for the trauma he endured by a homeroom teacher, he'd be more talkative.

Lumine had studied him and her brother's friends for a longer while. Xiao was simply someone awkward with a soft-hearted soul with scarring deeply concealed in his heart.

She watched Xiao sit down beside Aether. Who shot him a smile without hesitation about what might happen if the boy reacted.

All of them, including Lumine, sat around the kitchen counter. Everyone beside one; Venti. He didn't care to take attendance yet.

She wondered where he might've hidden his presence away. She kept an eye on the staircase, but he never came.

— ☆ —

Not too far from the group, a young male with a sharpened mind sat on the highest stairs. He loosely propped his elbows up. His gaze never left their figures, and from afar, he listened very cautiously.

Why was this the most boring part to do? He didn't know, and why was he even listening? It's not like he knew it for sure either, but he turned this habit into a regular one long ago. At least that got suspected by many others.

There were only a few meaningful words and things discussed, but he didn't back off eavesdropping to what he should've attended anyway. It didn't make much of a difference at the end of the day.

The dark-haired, golden-eyed male let his gaze wander. He was the first to notice Venti's will to tag along.

He stood there, quietly beside Xiao and their eyes met briefly, jade met gold—nature met sunrise. With a tired worn expression evident, the guy had been a shadow of himself. With slightly widened eyes Venti recognized surprise in Xiao's eyes.

Xiao and everyone in the group knew how sensitive the matter was. Lumine picked up on the change in atmosphere. She ignored the fact Venti just joined them and pretended as though he'd been there the whole time, because that's what they'd always do.

Xiao didn't ask, no one ever dared to ask before. When they kept quite and gifted him sympathy and support it was enough, he'd never needed more. There had always been a silent agreement between the two, some kind of mutual understanding and respect. The dark-haired Chinese male may have received silence, but deep down Venti thanked him for not bringing it up.

A piercing gaze met his, it was filled with curiosity—that of Lumine, the teal-haired boy with the jade green eyes averted contact and he frowned. Something must've seemed off to her. He knew how he was perceived he seemed rather calm, like a storm inside building up. It wasn't necessarily a surprise that his personality felt dry and used up.

He noticed the subtle, nervous lip bite. She must've thought about fixing things—fixing what wasn't her business.

She flinched when she bit too deep and when her gaze ripped off to his.

Her hands went over the paper of the flawless application once again. She was observing it, "So who would be agreeing with me, that Ms. L/n possesses most qualifying capabilities?" Lumine asked in the round. Looking at the faces of each member, she seemed to encourage them for a piece of opinion.

Kazuha held the index finger and the thumb at his chin as he considered it. He proceeded to point out, "I'm sure since all the research, interviews, and reports we've gone through—you possess the best judge of character and respective abilities. Therefore I'd like to propose that we get Ms. L/n as our manager unless any of you are against it of course, then we'd find someone else, right?" he asked, hoping for approval from the blonde woman. She nodded eagerly, knowing what the platinum one just did.

Lumine frowned, taking a short moment to think to herself. Going through the thoughts, meeting among the way concern for Venti's situation once again. Yet it was not her problem to deal with, but if that person was perfect for the group then she had to act on her instincts and feelings. Her work experience told more than enough.

A very inaudible sigh slipped away from her lips. As it presented a small concern she couldn't let go of. Rising her voice rising out of the silence: "So what do all of you think about it?" she remarked with a cool undertone.

"I don't have anything against it. I'm all in for it if that means that we'll be able to handle it easier." Aether voiced his opinion.

While Xiao's words followed close behind on that, "as for the compatibility compared to others they are fine." he acknowledged.

The female raised an eyebrow in the middle of the situation. Confusion of course rose higher. Once she was at the point of recalling that Venti didn't say anything about his choice, another feeling was found in her chest: empathy and sadness. After all, it was a democratic election for their future.

His glance fell on the ground, deep into his world of thoughts. Filled with all kinds of content, that others would only dream of. A small clearing of her throat was enough to make him specify his attention on the situation.

"Hm? What.." he trailed off, sounding rather indifferent. He hadn't cared—

"Ms. L/n?" that name.. at the drop of the name his stomach started turning, he was sick of this name. The dizziness grew, and his heart started pumping heavily against his ribcage... Everything sounded wrong about it, he felt sick when he heard her name. Someone that dear...

Whatever would be associated with her, would be what he would avoid. "Being our new head manager? Do you agree as well?" She repeated once again, looking the male deep in the eyes.

"Sure.." he replied, not giving any opposing arguments.

That left a bad impression on Lumine. Especially after the others went up to their rooms. She called after him, "Venti!" she called with light worry in her voice.

"Come here for a second, please." she requested, but it sounded more like she insisted. He knew she didn't intend to give up, and he wanted to avoid directing the passionate, but cool-headed blonde's anger at him.

"Is it-" she cut herself off in despair, "I mean is it really okay that she's gonna work here? You'll spend lots of time with her through the position we put her in." Lumine began to explain. He knew when the soft tone met his ears, she was worried, she didn't want to cause trouble for his personal life. She wanted to avoid peer pressure.

"No. it's fine, I told you," he repeated, with such a cold distant color in his voice. Almost not recognizable.

"..Then try to be civil please." She mumbled under her breath. There was pleading involved, he didn't believe she'd think that lowly of him, did she?

"What?" he asked, waiting on that she'd repeat that sentence. His attention was divided, and it showed.

"God damn it." irritation flared up in her eyes, a glare. "Try to be civil with Y/n and take it the professional way. After everything  we looked through. She's the best option we've got," Lumine exclaimed now in a slightly angered tone. Ahead rubbed her temples, holding her eyes shut.

Venti nodded calmly and silently kept standing there.

"If you excuse me now I'll be writing the email that our dear candidate, Ms. L/n has the job" The blonde replied with such snark to her tone, that he'd feel it in his bones. She had the final word, she was right and she knew it, objectivity was more important than a lost relationship to a friend.

...

The gaze he threw after her felt bitter. As sour as a lemon in that moment. His heart was feeling heavier with every second passing and he'd come back to the thoughts about the lost closeness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 1.7K 25
Some boy named Xiao was surrounded by a bunch of fangirls once he entered his first time in a highschool academy, but only got his attention to a spe...
28.5K 707 15
⚊ in which , two completely different idols meet again and slowly fall in love. scaramouche x fem!reader; (idol!au) - NOT COMPLETE
51.9K 1.7K 25
with love, a new and popular rookie co-ed group. everything seems to be going right for this group- many fans all over teyvat, interviews left and ri...
4.6K 205 10
" 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗳𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲, 𝗶 𝗯𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼�...