TADASHI X READER things [COMP...

By -fromthehallows

So I'm gonna start some Tadashi x Reader one-shot stories Comment story ideas below and I will try my best to... More

Story 1--Karaoke Duet
Story 2--Broken Heart, Mended Heart
Story 3--"I'm Not Giving Up on You"
Story 4--Skating Trip
Story 5--Saviour
Story 6--Black Belt
Story 7--Paradise Proposal
Story 8--The Lucky one (part 1)
Story 9--A Dream Wedding
Author's Note 1
Story 10--The Lucky one (part 2)
Story 11--Headache
Story 12--The Lucky One (part 3)
Story 13--May I Have This Dance?
Story 14--The Lucky One (part 4)
Story 15--The Lucky One (part 5)
Story 16--Woodland Adventure
Story 17--Snowball!
Story 18--Stage Fright
Story 19--Misunderstood Obsession
Author's Note
Story 20--My Dance for You
Story 21--A Birthday to Remember
Story 22--"I am Baymax"
Story 23--For you
Story 24--Imaginings on the Pier
Story 25--Another Chance
Story 26--TOMATO SNOGS
Story 27--The scary thing about death
Story 28--Tadashi or Tutor?
Story 29--Shoot Straight
Story 30--Poetic Lover
Story 31--A Single Braid
Story 32--Fishy secrets (1)
Story 33--Fishy Secrets (2)
Story 34--Turn Down for What?!
Story 35--Lullaby
Story 36--Trying to Cope
Story 37--Paralyzed by...what?
Author's Note...AGAIN
Story 38--Cat Fight
Story 40--The Girl in Black and Purple Converse
Story 41--JUST a Phone?! (1)
Story 42--JUST a Phone?! (2)
Story 43--Which Hamada?
Story 44--Who am I to you? (1)
Story 45--Who am I to you? (2)
Story 46--Muddy trenches
Story 47--Home Run
Story 48--Taddy Thumb
Story 49--Something to Believe In (1)
Story 50--Something to Believe In (2)
Story 51--Childish and Foolish
Quick AN
Story 52--Cramps and Cheese
AN!!
Story 53--Anything Can Happen
Story 54--"It's Complicated"
Q and A
Story 55--Tugging at my heartstrings (1)
A/N
Another A/N...and a quick vote and note
Story 56--Like Magic (1)
Story 57--Like Magic (2)
Another A/N (woohoo...)
Story 58--Loose Memory Stitches
Story 59--Courage to Fight Back
Story 60--Tugging at my Heartstrings (2)
**SUPER IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!**
Story 61--Popularly...Awkward
Story 62--Tugging at my Heartstrings (3)
Story 63--Seems nice, I guess
Story 64--Tugging At my Heartstrings (4)
Quick Author's Note!!
Story 65--Tugging at My Heartstrings (5)
Author's Note--fanfiction_awards voting!!
Story 66--Royal Problems
Story 67--Dog Owner, Cat Owner (ft. Daniel Henney)
Story 68--Flash of Silver (1)
Story 69--Flash of Silver (2)
Story 70--A Soldier's Return
A/N--100K?!
Story 71--Hot Chocolate/Coffee Date
Story 72--Just As Hard
Story 73--Late Night/Early Morning Stress
NEW CHRISTMAS SHORT IS UP!!
Story 74--Just As Hard (2)
A.N.--Fanfiction Awards!
REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!!
ONE YEAR NOTE
Story 75--I'd Rather
A.N.--APOLOGIES
Story 76--Conceal, don't feel...?
Story 77--Just As Hard (pt 3)
HOLIDAY ONE-SHOT

Story 39--He is here.

3.4K 95 22
By -fromthehallows

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(A.N. This is the first story I'm writing that happened after the SFIT fire. Don't cry too hard, okay? Also I know this is kind of a Baymax X Reader but it still has mentions of Tadashi, so, don't get too offended)

A week. A week has passed since the fire at SFIT that killed not only your favourite professor but also your boyfriend, Tadashi Hamada.

You attended the funeral, alright. It was a pretty depressing day overall, standing with your friends and Tadashi's little brother, Hiro, as the tombstones were laid in the cemetery. In your heart you knew he would never come back. The happy sunny days from before, when he was always by your side whether in the lab or on a date, were gone. He could have proposed. He could have married. He could have grown old with you. But no. He had to run into that fire. What were the odds of him getting out alive? Second to none.

Why did he have to be so STUPID?!

And to make things worse, you were flunking school after his death. Every single day you entered the school you always felt Tadashi's presence surround you heavily, and that distracts you. You couldn't pay attention in class. You were failing every assignment. Things at home weren't going well either, with your parents bickering every single day about you and your recent behaviour.

"Tadashi is GONE!" you screamed at them. "HE'S NEVER COMING BACK! I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE ALL SO HEARTLESS! HASN'T TADASHI EVER DONE SOMETHING THAT MEANT SOMETHING GOOD TO YOU?!"

And to top it all off, you stayed distant from his best friends. It's funny how quickly they moved on from Tadashi's death. Every time you saw them, you fumed. How could they?! How could they just be so heartless, so unknowing of how much his death has affected you, as his girlfriend?!

You were ready to give up. You were prepared to die and join him if it was the last thing you would do. No one cared. So why bother think about what they would say if you were gone?

**********

On the day you prepared to say your goodbyes forever, you locked the lab up late at night and headed, slowly, to Tadashi's lab. Your footsteps made no noise as you tiptoed silently through the halls, avoiding every professor who tried to talk to you. At last, you reached his unlocked lab and entered it, turning on the light.

Everything was placed as they have been before, as if Tadashi had never left. There was his computer to input formulas for his machines off on one side, there was his desk lamp and many drawers, his monitors, his books, and even Baymax was there. You quietly crossed the room, trying to find anything to remember him by, but decided against it. Why bother keeping something of his? It's just going to hurt you even more. You turned off the light of the lab and headed to the bookshelf, leaning on it, staring out of the window into the starry night.

Suddenly, you felt something shift, and a heavy book fell from the shelf and hit you hard on the head.

"OW!" you cried, rubbing your head as you picked the book up, putting it back on the shelf.

An inflating sound filled your ears, and you quickly turned to see Baymax inflating and focus his small black eyes on you. Feeling the need to reveal yourself to him, you quietly stepped out into the moonlight that shone from the window, and Baymax made his way to you, the squeaking of his feet echoing in the empty lab.

"Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion," Baymax greeted you, waving.

You blinked back tears at the sight of Tadashi's creation, and nodded bitterly. "Hi Baymax," you greeted him quietly. "I am (Y/N)...Tadashi's used-to-be girlfriend." You then glared at him. "Why are you here anyway? All that happened was a book hit me on the head."

"I will scan you now," Baymax simply said.

You shook your head frantically. "No, Baymax, stop-"

"Scan complete."

You face palmed yourself in shame. "Unbelievable."

"You appear to have a bruise growing on your head. I can help by getting a pack of ice for you," Baymax proceeded to tell you.

You smiled and chuckled in disbelief. "Baymax, you know that's not-"

"I also noticed that your neurotransmitter levels are dangerously low. This indicates that you are currently in depression."

Great. Now Baymax blew your cover. You nodded grimly.

"Yes Baymax. I'm freaking depressed, angry, and frustrated about life."

Baymax blinked and tilted his head just a little bit. "How about I get you an ice pack for your head, and then we can talk about your anger and frustration about life?"

"And depression?" you added dejectedly. "Sure."

Baymax blinked and quickly shuffled over to his charging dock, where he produced for you an ice pack from his hand. He then came back to you and helped you place the pack on your head, which helped soothe the pain a little bit.

"Tell me about your depressed life," Baymax then told you.

You shook your head. "What do you know about my life?"

"I know from your introduction that you were Tadashi's girlfriend," he simply said. "But you seem troubled."

You roughly wiped your tears away and took a shaky breath. "Everything has been...oh I don't know...different since he died, Baymax. You hear that now, Baymax? TADASHI IS DEAD. Tadashi is freaking dead, and so how do you expect me to feel as his girlfriend? FREAKING UPSET. And because of that, I quote, 'my neurotransmitter levels are dangerously low.'"

Baymax blinked blankly. "Tadashi is here."

"NO HE'S NOT!" you screamed. You started to pace around the lab, oblivious to Baymax chasing you so he could get the ice pack on your head. "Tadashi will never come back! But that's just the beginning of my problems. I'm flunking school right now. And my parents are bickering all about it! They never stop arguing, every single day! They just keep yammering on and on to the point where I could just feel my head explode!" Then you lost it, and started screaming at the top of your lungs, no longer self conscious about who would hear you from across the halls. "AND BECAUSE OF TADASHI'S DEATH, MY FRIENDS ARE GONE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! ALL OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE GONE BECAUSE THEY COULD EASILY MOVE ON FROM HIS DEATH, LIKE, NO BIG DEAL, WE'LL GET BY EVEN THOUGH WE WERE ONCE HIS BEST FRIENDS TOO! I DON'T THINK I DESERVE TO LIVE ANYMORE, BAYMAX! WHENEVER I HAD PROBLEMS LIKE THIS, TADASHI WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE TO COMFORT ME AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT. BUT NOT ANYMORE! HE HAD TO RUN INTO THAT FIRE! HE HAD TO BE ALL HEROIC AND ATTEMPT TO RESCUE PROFESSOR CALLAGHAN WHEN HE KNEW THERE WAS NO CHANCE AT SURVIVING THAT POWERFUL OF AN EXPLOSION! HE HAD TO DISAPPEAR AT THE TIME I NEEDED HIM MOST! AND NOW I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M STILL LIVING HERE! EVERYTHING I DO HERE REMINDS ME OF HIM, REMINDS ME OF THE BOY WHO CHANGED MY LIFE, AND WOULD NEVER RETURN BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID THING! HIS DEATH JUST CAUSED SO MANY PROBLEMS, BAYMAX! THIS IS WHY I'M FREAKING DEPRESSED! I JUST WANT TO DIE! I JUST WANT TO BE WITH HIM, END ALL MY PROBLEMS RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW! NOT LIKE ANYONE WOULD CARE, RIGHT?! NOT EVEN YOU, BAYMAX! OH YEAH, I JUST REALIZED, YOU'RE A ROBOT-NOT JUST ANYONE'S ROBOT! TADASHI MADE YOU! THE SAME GUY WHO-OH FORGET IT! I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE FOREVER AND JOIN HIM. WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR?" You then knelt down on the ground in the middle of his lab, sobbing it out. "TADASHI IS GONE!"

Now unfortunately for Baymax, he had never heard anyone rant so greatly before. He had never heard or seen anyone so upset in the short life he had since Tadashi had finished building him. However, he knew he had to do something. Gently, he picked you up, bridal style, and handed you a small handkerchief, which you accepted and wiped your eyes with.

"It is alright to cry," he simply said, and you nodded as you sobbed into his vinyl body, burying your face in the huggable material, as Baymax held you close to him.

"I'm sorry," you simply cried, wiping your eyes with the handkerchief. "It's just...I can't stand it...he..."

"I understand. Tadashi should have lived a long life. But because of his termination, you are depressed."

You nodded. "Exactly that. Plus I'm flunking school to the point where I could get kicked out of SFIT, and I'm losing friends and my family and I are losing ties."

"I understand," Baymax repeated, setting you on your feet gently. "Would my presence help you in relieving your depression?"

"I don't know," you admitted. "His loss is too great. You being here just hurts even more."

"I see no evidence of physical injury," he stated.

"This hurt is different," you murmured, turning away. Of course. It was a mistake confiding in Baymax. He was literally another Tadashi-in robotic form.

Why bother talking to him anymore?

"You are my patient," Baymax stated, breaking the temporary silence. "I would like to help."

"How?" you asked. "How would you help me? I'm at the point of breaking down, completely ending my life."

Baymax said nothing as his stomach started to flicker. Wait. You looked intrigued at the image before you, and gasped.

"Tadashi?" you whispered, approaching him.

"This is Tadashi Hamada," Tadashi said into the video camera. He had a calm confident smile on his face. "And this is the first test of my robotics project." He then activated Baymax for the first time.

"Hello. I am Bay-"

There came some weird static sounds afterwards, and then Tadashi covered his ears at the same time you did yours.

"STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!" he exclaimed, and the clip paused there.

You peered at the screen. Huh.

The next clip started to play. "The seventh test of my robotics project," Tadashi said confidently, activating Baymax again. You noticed that he had a change of clothes. Hm. Maybe he was working a little too hard with this, wasn't he.

"Hello. I am Bay-"

Soon you saw the arms go haywire as one of them kept repeatedly hitting Tadashi. The other one flew out of the structure and cause havoc in the room like an balloon with the air being released and flying around aimlessly.

"Wait wait wait, stop, stop!" he cried. And the clip ended there.

The next time you saw Tadashi, he looked exhausted. "Tadashi Hamada again. And this is the 33rd test of my robotics project."

Suddenly there came sparks, and the power went out in the room. For a while, all you saw was darkness, with a few lights shining from the window in his lab. Then he reappeared with a flashlight in hand, and he sighed as he looked into the camera.

"I'm not giving up on you," he said, offering a small smile. "You don't understand this yet, but people need you. So let's get back to work."

Hasn't he said the same thing to you many times before? Something in you sparked, because then you realized that even when he's not around, he would still be there to push you through. Your eyes widened and you slowly nodded. Then you looked back at the screen on Baymax's stomach.

"This is...Tadashi Hamada and this is the 84th...TEST," he sighed, looking up at the camera expectantly. "What do you say, big guy?"

He activated Baymax once more.

"Hello, I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion," Baymax said flawlessly. This made Tadashi's eyes grow wide, like he was just getting out of a stupor.

"It works," he whispered. Then he cheered. "IT WORKS! Oh, this is amazing! You-you work!" He ran around the room and then kissed the camera. "I KNEW IT! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT! Oh my god, I can't believe it!"

You smiled wanly as he danced around before finally getting back to his senses.

"Alright, big moment here," he said. "Scan me."

"Your neurotransmitter levels are elevated. This indicates that you are happy," Baymax stated.

"I AM! I really am!" Tadashi cried in relief. "Oh man. Wait till my brother and girlfriend see you. You're going to help so many people buddy-so many. That's all for now," he finally concluded. "I am satisfied with my care."

With that, the camera stopped, and you caught yourself staring at his face. Gingerly, you raised a hand, resting it on Tadashi's cheek projected on Baymax's stomach, and you smiled, wiping a tear before the projection faded away.

You gazed up at Baymax now and took a deep breath before giving him a big hug, which he gratefully returned. "Thank you, Baymax," you whispered, feeling a few more tears slide down your cheeks.

"You will be alright," Baymax stated, patting you on the head. "There, there."

You smiled as you looked up at him again. "I think I know exactly what you mean. Tadashi is here. He always will be." You then broke the embrace and looked at him. "Baymax, I realized something. When you played the 33rd test, he said...he said the same words he always says to us. And that was when I realized just how close he still is."

"I hope that the video helped you," Baymax said.

You nodded eagerly. "It had. He might not be here in person, but he'll always be somewhere out there to push us forward. Baymax, thank you for helping me realize that."

"You are welcome," he said. "Did this help solve the problems with your friends and family?"

"Let's cross our fingers and hope it does," you answered, smiling hopefully. "Baymax, I am satisfied with my care."

"I am glad to have helped you," Baymax simply said. "Good luck, (Y/N)."

You smiled as he headed to his charging dock and deactivated. Smiling at yourself now, you exited Tadashi's lab and made your way home, repeating Baymax's words over and over in your head.

Tadashi is here.

Yes. He is here.

And as the next few weeks passed, you have improved significantly. Your marks soon soared again. You and your parents have reconciled. You apologized to your friends and they still accepted you, let you hang out with them. When you finally got the chance to avenge Tadashi's death, you never felt better.

Everything reminded you of Tadashi, but this time, you weren't sad about it.

Tadashi is here.

And he will always be.

Sorry for the crappy ending. And sorry for the hard train full of feels. It kind of goes in the same direction as a Hiro X Reader one-shot I wrote before, "It is okay to cry". Hope you like this though. I'm kind of going through a similar situation right now, just depressed, really. Not because anyone broke up with me or anything. But still...stuff happens, right? It can take a pretty big toll on you depending on the situation. :P

Anyway, that's all from me. Peace out y'all.

-clara_hamada

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 381 40
Hi, welcome! My name is Rowan and i'll be serving your stories tonight. these are probably going to be very fluffy and maybe a little smutty, but i...
202K 4.7K 83
"I fail to see how YOU fail to see that it's AWESOME!" What's awesome, you ask? The fact that I have Hiro X Reader one-shots up? Oh please. (*giggle...
17.5K 106 21
A book filled with fake scenarios that I came up with whenever am bored or about to go to bed cause why not lol. Fair warning, there may not be much...
48.4K 1.3K 14
"Please don't go, Hiro, I... I don't know what I'd do without you." "[Y/N], I will never leave you. I promise." You are [Y/N] [L/N], better known as...