Story 12--The Lucky One (part 3)

Hey guys! Here's part three of The Lucky One! Yippeeeee! I'll get this done and there might be one or two more parts to it, so stay tuned. In the meanwhile, if you haven't yet, check out the first two parts before you read this one!

Guide: 

(Y/N): Your Name

Friends? Friends.

Best friends? Best friends.

Couple? Couple.

That's what you and Tadashi have become throughout high school. Freshman love has turned into junior, sophomore, and senior affection. By the time you reached senior year, you also managed to get some of your old friends back, and your friendship circle just expanded.

On a cool October day in your senior year, you and Tadashi were hanging out together just as you always have for the past couple of years. You two relaxed near the lake where you two shared your first kiss.

"Man. All too soon we would be in college, or university, or whatever you want to call post-secondary school," you spoke softly, leaning on Tadashi's chest in the cool October air. "Have you decided what you're going to do yet?"

"I'm planning on getting into the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology!" he said with a huge grin on his face. "I want to major in robotics with a specialization in medicine. I really want to use technology to help people." He then glanced at you. "What about you, (Y/N)?"

"I don't know yet," you admitted. "I really want to go do (insert your program of desire here) but my parents want me to do (insert another program that you dislike)." You sighed heavily. "They just make my choice so much harder. I don't want them to keep bugging me. It is my choice, after all. But I know I can't argue with them. They do have a point. If I choose to do something that wouldn't help me in the future, then what's the point of studying it?"

"I see what you mean," Tadashi finally said, slowly taking your hand and intertwining your fingers with his. "It isn't too hard for me. But I know you're going to find something soon. You're such a hardworking and smart girl. You're practically good at everything. Talk to your parents again. I know you can sort this out."

You nodded. "But Tadashi, if I choose to go somewhere that's not SFIT, would this mean...goodbye forever?"

Tadashi laughed. "Of course not!" He squeezed your hand tightly. "Even though we would be apart, we'll always find a way of finding each other again. The same can go for the rest of your best friends too. Don't worry. I won't forget you. I don't know what the future would hold, but I won't forget you. I promise."

You smiled weakly and looked up at him, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Then will you promise not to forget me if I don't choose SFIT?"

Tadashi returned the kiss with another one on your forehead. "I promise not to forget you. Our paths may not be the same from now on, but I'm glad nonetheless that our paths have crossed at one point."

Then silence took hold of both of you as the leaves swirled around in the slight breeze and the sun continued to set, its dazzling and fiery red and orange and yellow colours creating a spectacle to the eye.

************

The end of the school year is now nearing, and by then you have finally accepted to go into a program that suited both yours and your parents' needs. However, that meant not going to SFIT. You knew that it would be the end of your relationship for you and Tadashi. but you also knew that it would be the start of something new. There would always be a time to revisit the past, but soon you would have to make new friends and get used to the life ahead.