Story 25--Another Chance

Guide:

(Y/N): Your name

(F/C): Favourite Colour

(S/F/C): Second Favourite Colour

(H/C): Hair Colour

(A.N. Some of my stories here have been inspired by songs, but I have never written a songfic before. So sit back, relax, and hope and pray that this does not suck.)

"Well I haven't seen you in a while

But I'm still held captive by your smile

Don't you think we deserve another try?"

It was a beautiful day in San Fransokyo. Birds were chirping, the trees were swaying gently in the breeze, and hey, the sun was out on this amazing summer day. Smiling to yourself, you walked along in a pair of (F/C) Converse, a pair of faded blue denim shorts, and (S/F/C) t-shirt, your (H/C) hair tied up and your eyes hidden behind some shades, your head bowed as you listened to a song on your iPod. As you rounded a corner, you saw it. The Lucky Cat Cafe.

Man, you haven't been there in a while.

You decided to head in, and you waited at the counter, eager for an iced latte. A young man, the only barista working that day, comes over to you, smiling, and you took your earbuds off.

"Hello, may I help you, (Y/N)?"

Suddenly, your heart stops. You recognized that voice from anywhere, and you were sure that smile would always catch you off-guard, even if you haven't seen that smile in so long. Oh yeah. You were still looking in the eyes of your ex, Tadashi Hamada.

"Um, I'm not sure how you remember my name, Tadashi, but I'll take an iced latte," you said, a little too coolly.

The barista, Tadashi, took your order quickly, and prepared your iced latte in a flash. "Your order is on the house, by the way. No need to pay." He left you with a wink as he tended to another customer. You remained there for a moment, staring at him.

"Thank you..." you whispered, turning around and walking away from the counter.

You sat at a table near the window, sipping on your iced latte, touched by that encounter. Yet you weren't sure you were ready to forgive Tadashi for what he did to you, but yet...dang. Just how are you going to react to his smile, the one that makes your heart melt every single time?

Suddenly, you received a text from Tadashi, and you frowned. How was he still able to keep your number in his contacts for so long?

Tadashi: Meet me in the SFIT Park at 4:30? That's when I end work. So like in an hour.

You smiled to yourself as you read the text. Let him talk it out. You'll eventually know what to do.

(Y/N): Sure.

"Cause we never really let it go

And your arms still felt like coming home

And maybe we be better off this time?"

"So..." You shuffled your feet uneasily and looked down in embarrassment. You were at the park now with Tadashi, like he said he would, sitting under the cherry blossom tree. "You wanted to talk about something."

"I do, (Y/N)," he said, letting out a long sigh as he took off his hat and ran his hand through his hair. "Look, I'm sorry for saying those horrible things about you, all those months ago. I don't know why I did that. I never wanted to hurt you! And when I realized what I did, it was too late..."