Twisted Wonderland: Crystal H...

By AnnieNollette

Four young teenage girls, who are good friends, find that their world is suddenly turned upside down when the... More

Prologue: Legend of the Crystal Heart
Prologue: The Ebony Carriages
Prologue 1: The Coffin Room...and Grim
Prologue 2: The Entrance Ceremony
Prologue 3: A Cruel Answer
Prologue 4: Stuck in Twisted Wonderland
Prologue 5: Welcome to the Ramshackle Dorm!
Prologue 7: The Warm-Hearted Principal
Prologue 8: First School Time Refresher!
Prologue 9: The Great Seven Statues
Prologue 10: Cheeky Mates!
Prologue 11: A Hundred Broken Windows!
Prologue 12: Punishment Escape!
Prologue 13: Rash Tactics!
Prologue 14: Unintentional Troubles!
Prologue 15: The Faceless Monster
Prologue 16: Selfish Three!
Prologue 17: First-Time Co-Op!
Prologue 18: Tenacious Chase!
Prologue 19: A Miracle Reconsideration!
Prologue 20: Welcome to Twisted Wonderland!
The Girls of Night Raven College💕
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 1
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 2
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 3
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 4
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 5
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 6
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 7
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 8
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 9
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 10
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 11
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 12
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 13
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 14
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 15
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 16
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 17
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 18
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 19
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 20
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 21
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 22
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 23
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 24
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 25
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 26
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 27
🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 28
🐾TWST Vignette-Let Me In on This: Chapter 1
🐾TWST Vignette-Let Me In on This: Chapter 2
🐾TWST Vignette-Let Me In on This: Chapter 3
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 1
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 2
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 3
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 4
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 5
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 6
🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 7

Prologue 6: An Exceptional Trial!

498 16 3
By AnnieNollette

"Fuuuuuuuunya! Funya! Funyaaa~~~~!!" Grim exclaimed as he kept breathing out his blue flames left and right. Meanwhile, the girls had armed themselves with their brooms and dusters as they stood behind Grim, keeping their eyes peeled for any sign of the ghosts.

Once the ghosts appeared, the four girls tried hitting them with their brooms and dusters. But no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't hit them as their brooms and dusters went right through their transparent bodies.

Grim tried to hit the ghosts with his flames, but the ghosts were too nimble as they kept dodging his attacks. "You can't hit us at all~! Eeheeheehee!" the short ghost taunted. The thin and fat ghosts even made taunting faces and blew raspberries at Grim, making him outraged.

"Uuuuurgh!" he growled before he turned towards Aria. "Hey, you!" he yelled. "Tell me where they are with a louder voice! I can't hear you at all, yanno!" Aria was about to apologize when they heard the ghosts giggling behind them. "If you're gonna be whispering over there let us in too~!" the fat ghost taunted.

Grim immediately turned around and spewed out his flames at the fat ghost. "Funyaa! Don't come any closer~~~!!" he shrieked. "Fugnaaaa~!!!" He then shot his flames at the fat ghost. The fat ghost shrieked as he flew away, trying to put out the blue flames on his top hat.

"Yeah—! I knew it, I'm a genius mage, yanno~!" Grim cheered. "As long as it's left in the hands of the great Grim-sama, it'll be so easy I don't even need any directions from some humans! Nyahahaha!" Kira scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch, buster." she said. Suddenly, the short ghost suddenly popped up in front of Grim. "Gyahahahaha!" he cackled loudly, making Grim jump 10 feet into the air. "Funya————??!" he yowled, his fur standing on end and his cobalt-colored eyes widening with fright.

He then landed beside Jazmin's feet and he quickly turned around to face her. "H-h-h-h-h-h-hey, you! If a ghost shows up like that, you gotta tell me right away, yanno~!" he stuttered. Jazmin soon spotted one coming through the ceiling.

"Above you!" she shouted. Grim lifted his head and breathed his fire upward, hitting the fat ghost. "Aaaiiieee! Hot, hot, hot!" he cried as he frantically patted his flaming chest. "There's one coming to your right!" Kira yelled. Grim spewed out his flames. But the ghosts were getting a lot smarter and quicker.

They've read his movements and timed when they should dodge his flame attacks. Every time Grim breathed out his flames, they zipped left and right with the speed of lightning, evading his fireballs with ease.

"Funya! My flames aren't hitting at all!" Grim growled, stamping his paw in frustration. Aria then turned towards Grim. "Grim, try listening to our directions. We'll tell you where the ghosts are. Don't give up." she said encouragingly. Grim gawked at her. "Eh? Listen to your directions?" he asked.

He then turned away from her and shook his head. "I don't wanna! Who'd do something so bothersome..." Before he could finish, Alice spotted movement in the far corner and a white shape was heading towards Grim whose back was facing it.

"Behind you!" Alice cried out. Grim looked up at her. "...Eh, behind me?" he asked as he turned around to look. Suddenly, the short ghost materialized right in front of Grim and made a terrifying face. "Boooo!" he shrieked. Grim was so startled by the ghost's sudden and frightening appearance that he leapt 10 feet into the air.

"Fugyaa————!!" he screamed in terror. In his fright, he spewed out a jet of blue flames right into the short ghost's face. "Aaaaaaaiiiiiieeee!" the short ghost shrieked in pain as he covered his burnt face and floated away.

Grim trembled with wide eyes as he cowered behind Alice's legs. That was absolutely terrifying! "Th-th-th-th-th-th-that one just now was pretty helpful, I guess!" he stuttered. "Are you alright, Grim?" Alice asked as she bent down to pick Grim up. "D-Dunno..." he said, still trembling.

Alice stroked his back to soothe him, and Grim melted at her touch as he started to purr. Alice giggled. He really was like a cat. "Don't let your guard down yet, girls. Those ghosts might not give up that easily." Jazmin said firmly.

The girls all nodded as they braced themselves for another attack. Underneath their feet, the short ghost and the fat ghost tried to surprise them through the floorboards, but the girls were quick to point them out. "Funyaa~~~~~~!" Grim yelled as he launched his blue flames at them.

"Ouch!" the fat one yelped as he frantically patted his burning arms. "Ouchhhh!" the thin ghost shrieked as he tried to put out the blue flames on his top hat. Grim stared at the ghosts in shock. His attacks were working! They were turning the tide!

"W-Wow! It's working!" he exclaimed. He then turned towards the girls. "Hey, you! What do we do next?!" he demanded. The girls looked at each other before Jazmin spoke up. "Try pressing them as hard as you can and fast all at once." she said.

Grim paused as he processed her words. "Press them hard and fast all at once?" he questioned. It took him a few seconds for him to understand what she had meant before his cobalt eyes widened. "I got it, yanno!" he exclaimed before he faced the incoming ghosts.

"Funyuuuuu...Take that~~~~~~~!!" he yelled before he took a deep breath and spewed out a large torrent of blue flames at them. The three ghosts' eyes widened with fear as they quickly turned away from his hot flames.

The four girls cheered Grim on each time he shot his fire magic at the ghosts. "Get 'em, Grim! Show 'em who's the boss!" Kira cheered. "Teach those mean ghosts a lesson!" Alice added. The ghosts swirled around fast, trying to get the upper hand on the five as they tried to attack them on both sides, but the four girls' sharp eyes and Grim's fire stopped them each time they did.

When the ghosts tried to make a full-force attack on them, Grim breathed fire at all of them and now, it was the ghosts who were getting scared. Eventually, the ghostly trio gave up. "Hee, heeeeeeee! We're goners! Run away~~!!" the ghosts all exclaimed fearfully.

Almost immediately, the three ghosts all screamed as they quickly flew out of the building, never to be seen again. When it was all over, all the girls and Grim were left speechless. They were gone. Did they win? "E-eh? We...won?" Grim questioned. "We...We did. We've actually won!" Alice exclaimed.

When they all saw that they had won, the girls and Grim all cheered victoriously. "Yippie! We won! We won! Hooray!" Aria exclaimed as the girls all jumped up and down excitedly, hugging each other.

They were beyond happy that they worked together to get rid of the ghosts. "Grim, you were amazing! Thank you!" Alice said as she wrapped Grim into a huge hug. The cat began to cry again. Alice and the other girls paused as they turned towards Grim. "Grim, are you okay?" Aria asked with concern.

"Ha-hee...That was sc..." Grim whimpered before he suddenly blinked as he collected himself and shoved Alice away. "Don't hug me like that! No, I wasn't scared at all! This is nothing for the Great Grim! How 'bout that that, ghosts? You done?" he proudly said. Kira scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"Tch! I thought you'd be a real scaredy-cat." she said as she threw Grim a teasing look. Grim glared at her indignantly. "Hey! I'm no scaredy-cat! And I'm not a cat!" he shouted. Kira just smiled. "Could've fooled me, scaredy-cat." she said.

Grim glared at Kira crossly and was about to scream at her when suddenly... "Good evening. I have graciously brought you girls supper." Crowley happily announced as he suddenly appeared before the girls. The girls nearly screamed, thinking that those three troublesome ghosts have returned.

Crowley spotted them, but then his golden eyes quickly went over to the small cat creature. His smile disappeared as he immediately became cross. "You're the monster that ran amuck during the entrance ceremony! I threw you out of the school. What are you doing here?!" he shouted, glaring at Grim.

The girls all gulped. "Oh, no..." they all thought. Alice and Aria both panicked and quickly tried to explain the situation to Crowley when Grim decided to speak up, smirking smugly as he crossed his paws.

"Hmph! I exterminated the ghost problem! Be grateful!" he proudly proclaimed. Crowley, in the midst of his anger, paused at what the cat monster heard him say and became slightly confused. "Hmm? What do you mean by that?" he asked curiously. "Well, you see, sir..." Alice began to explain.

"The roof was leaking, and we were looking around for something to catch the raindrops when these three ghosts suddenly appeared out of nowhere and began attacking us. B-But Grim and we—"

"It was all me." Grim interrupted. The girls all sighed as they stared at Grim. "...Grim had managed to use his fire magic to scare the ghosts out of here." Alice finished. Crowley hummed in thought as he processed what Alice and Grim said.

"Now that you mention it, there were some prankster ghosts living here so students keep away from this dormitory, and that's why it is now empty." he mused. Kira then stood up from her seat and stomped her way over towards Crowley, making him flinch.

"Why didn't you tell us there were ghosts beforehand, doofus?!" Kira snapped, glaring murderously at Crowley. "We were scared outta our minds!" Crowley looked at her sheepishly. "That...slipped my mind... Hahaha..." he chuckled guiltily before he went into deep thought.

"However, hmmmm....I never expected you five to work together to get rid of them." Grim huffed as he crossed his paws. "I'm not gonna overlook that "together" comment. They were just standing there watching. And I did this for a can of tuna." he said snidely. The girls all glared at Grim.

Speaking of which, Grim then turned to the girls with a scowl. "Ah! I haven't gotten that tuna yet!" Kira glared at him before sticking her tongue out at him in derision. "Beeh!" she taunted. It wasn't their fault they didn't have any magic!

Crowley looked at the four girls for a moment, then he stood up from his seat. "I'd like the five of you to show me how you exterminated those ghosts." he said as he walked towards the middle of the lounge. "Huh?!" the four girls all asked in unison.

"But we've already gotten rid of all the ghosts!" Grim said before turning back to the four girls. "Before that: Give. Me. Tuna!" he shouted. But the girls all glared at him. "Nuh-uh. Not with that attitude, mister." Aria said sternly.

"I shall be the ghost. If you beat me, I'll give you tuna cans. For I am gracious." Crowley says with a chipper smile. The girls all stared at him in confusion. He was going to be a ghost? Seriously? "Um...how exactly are you going to be a ghost, Headmaster?" Alice asked curiously.

"Now then, Transformation Potion!" Crowley said as he pulled out a small bottle filled with a purple liquid inside and he happily drank it up. In a puff of smoke, Crowley had turned from a man into a full-on ghost! He looked nearly identical to the ghosts that were here, except he still had his raven mask and top hat.

The girls' eyes all widened like saucers while Grim grumbled to himself. "Eeeeeeeh, I don't wanna. This is a pain and I have to team up with them again..." he complained. That really stung. The four girls' faces all fell. Kira turned and glared at Grim. "Hey, we're not fond of doing this either, I'll have you know." she snapped.

"But still....this might be a chance for you to get into school." Alice said. "You wanted to be a great mage, right? This might be your big opportunity." Jazmin added. If the chips were ever going to go down, one must say things that Grim wants to hear for him to stop and think things through.

Grim once again weighed his options down and sneered. "Grrrnnuuu...This is the last time! You absolutely, absolutely have to give me my can of tuna!!!" he shouted at the now ghostly Crowley.

"Now. You are to exterminate me in my ghost form." Ghost Crowley said. "Please attack without hesitation. Do not worry, I will not be angered. For I am so very kind." Grim grumbled, not wanting to do all that exhausting work. But he badly wanted those tuna cans, so he swallowed his pride and got ready for action.

"We ain't got a choice... Fine, I'll go along with it, so you better hand over those tuna cans afterwards!" he demanded. "Oh, don't worry, you'll be stuffing your big fat mouth with tuna in no time!" Kira replied as the five of them prepared themselves for battle.

"Then, I shall begin!" Ghost Crowley said as he suddenly vanished into thin air. Grim then turned towards Aria. "Hey, you! Make sure to tell me exactly where he's at, yanno!" he said.

"Got it." Aria said before she and her friends scanned the room, searching for any sign of the ghostly Crowley. She then turned her eyes towards the far end of the lounge and saw a flash of luminescent white emerging from the walls. Aria's aqua blue eyes widened. "Over there! On your left!" she yelled.

Grim turned to his left and saw Ghost Crowley emerging from the wall and heading towards them. "On my left, I got it! Take that—!" he said as he breathed out his flames at him, hitting him in the face.

"Ouchhhh!!" Ghost Crowley howled as he backed away. Once he fanned the flames away from his face and got a grip on his bearings, he turned to face the five. "...Not bad. Then, let's raise the difficulty level a little higher." he said before he disappeared into thin air again.

"Funya?! He just got even more quick, yanno?!" Grim exclaimed. "Now, will you be able to capture my movements at all?" Ghost Crowley's disembodied voice echoed throughout the room.

Grim puffed out his furry chest. "Humph, I'mma do it! If it's left up to the Great Grim-sama, it'll be super easy to do, yanno!" he proclaimed. Soon, Ghost Crowley started popping out from every direction from the walls to the ceiling to the floorboards. All the while, Grim spewed out his flames, trying to hit him.

But Ghost Crowley was starting to pick up speed and soon, he became too fast for the girls and Grim. The four girls could barely spot him and Grim couldn't get a good aim. Frustrated, Grim then turned towards Jazmin.

"Hey, you! Give me the signal faster! I can't hit him at all, yanno!" he demanded. "I can't! He's becoming too fast for us!" Jazmin said. "He keeps popping up everywhere! Darn it!" Kira growled. "We can hardly spot him!" Alice added. Ghost Crowley then appeared before them.

"Please get it together, you five. If you keep this up, you won't be able to win against me, you know?" he instructed. "If you lose, I will also be keeping the tuna cans as well. Unfortunately for you, I am not that kind."

Grim's cobalt-colored eyes widened at the thought of losing his precious tuna cans. "Funya?! No way! I want those tuna cans~!" he whined. Please, no! He can't lose those tuna cans now! Whatever it takes, he must win this! Grim then quickly turned towards the girls.

"Hey, you! We're definitely gonna win this fight! For the Great Grim-sama's precious tuna cans!!" he declared. Aria nodded. "Okay! Don't worry, Grim! We'll help you win your tuna cans!" she said determinedly.

Kira rolled her eyes. "Tch! Typical." she muttered under her breath. "Now, can you rout this many ghosts at once?!" Ghost Crowley asked before he once again disappeared into thin air. He then suddenly started shaking the halls of the dorm, making the girls and Grim almost lose their footing.

The girls stuck to Grim's side as they searched around the area for the Headmaster. Kira then heard a strange sound, thanks to her enhanced hearing and looked up towards the pillar near the staircase.

When Crowley's head began to phase through the pillar, Kira quickly pointed him out. "Up on the pillar! Just above you!" she shouted. Grim turned his head and breathed his flames, striking Ghost Crowley.

However, Ghost Crowley was much smarter than the three ghosts, for not only did he try to get them in various directions, but he also lifted objects into the air and tossed them at the girls. The girls quickly dragged Grim out of harm's way as they all jumped to dodge a heavy book that Ghost Crowley drew from a nearby shelf.

He even created clones of himself to make things harder on them. The girls kept their eyes and ears wide open as they searched the halls. But just like before, they, together with Grim worked together and defeated Crowley just like they did with the ghosts.

"Funyaaaa~!!" Grim exclaimed as he blew out a ball of blue flames. The blue fireball flew across the room and managed to hit its target, sending him flying. Ghost Crowley looked at Grim in stunned surprise. "Oho, well, what a surprise...!" he exclaimed.

Grim, exhausted from having to do this twice, finally collapsed. Aria caught the fatigued Grim and held him in her arms. The girls all wondered if using magic was exhausting to those without much experience.

This probably seems to be the case. Grim panted heavily as he smiled victoriously. "...I defeated them all, yanno..." he said, panting. He then turned towards the four girls. "Hey, you! You're running me ragged! Treat me nicer~!" he said. The four girls just smiled, happy that they've won.

"Thanks, Grim." Jazmin said gratefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 886 52
"Once upon a time... A princess fell in love with a prince from another kingdom that they are at war with... From that love, she gave birth to 3 litt...
12.7K 453 35
The Queen's Card... The Scar of the King... The Shell of Magic... The Serpent's Crown... The Apple of Beauty... The Eternal Flame... The Dragon's Sta...
9.8K 240 13
A young Shinigami finds herself lost in a twisted wonderland- and while she does wonder, she will not let herself be swept by those twisted by unknow...
17.5K 402 72
Alerie Lewyn known by others yet forgotten, wakes up in the coffin at the prestigious school Night Raven College in Twisted Wonderland with no memory...