Coffee Shop | Elizabeth Olsen

By justwords07

Meeting in a coffee shop is a normal thing. Students, business men and women, mothers, friends. But what wasn... More

1: Hastings
2: Safe Space
3: House Guest
4: I'm Okay
5: Home
6: Park Bench
7: Friends
8: Sisters
9: Comfort
10: Scarlett
11: Thanksgiving
12: Dinner
13: Cassie's Birthday
14: Ruined
15: Help
16: Facade
17: Birthday Night
18: The Hangover
19: First Date
20: Talking
21: I'm Not Him
22: Rings
23: Halloween
24: Charity Event
25: Touch
26: Pathetic
27: Keys
28: New Year's Eve
29: Proud
30: Upset
31: Jr's Birthday
32: Ice-Cream Date
33: Valentines Day
34: 3 Little Words
35: Lizzie's Birthday
36: Pushing
37: Feelings
38: Talks
39: Caught
40: Paris
41: Shoots
42: That Girl
43: Freak Out
44: Future
45: Carrying My Shit
46: Prints
47: Packing
48: Dancing In Grocery Stores
49: Phone Calls
50: Set Day
51: Shoot Day
52: Apologises
53: Birthday Surprise
54: Flashbacks
55: Feel Or Deal
56: Plans And Promises
57: Christmas cookies
58: Plague
59: Christmas
60: Red Carpet
61: Sorry For Your Loss
62: Missed Calls
63: Dreams
64: Manic
65: Home
66: House Warming
67: Press
68: I can't
69: Fix It
70: Healing
71: Good News
72: LA Summer
73: Chanel
74: Happiness
75: Planning
76: Dresses
77: Insecurity
78: Date Night
79: Messy
80: Dependant
81: Hen Party
82: The Wedding
83: News
84: Pregnancy
85: Kailani
87: Coffee Shop

86: Aunty Scarlett

3K 107 6
By justwords07

"Aunty Nell! Aunty Lizzie! Aunty Nell! Aunty Lizzie!" I smile to myself hearing Rosie shout for us and her little hands and feet banging on the stairs as she climbs up. Kailani was just getting dressed with Nell's help of course so I went out into the hall and stood at the top of the stairs waiting for her. I see Scarlett first and she smiled brightly at me, it was still pretty early in the morning and we decided we were going to spend our day together, Kailani can't leave the house for a few more weeks so we had set up a fun day for Rose here so she is entertained and I and Nell can socialise with someone who isn't part of our family or each other.  

We love each other's company but it's been 2 weeks and we've only seen family and for like an hour or two a day other than that it's just been the two of us and with us, both staying home there's not much left to talk about. I mean a lot of our day is spent just gazing at Kailani and trying to process the fact that she's really here and she's ours. We gush about her and admire her and talk about her and then that's pretty much our days. One of us will cook the other will clean up after. 

Rose's little face comes into view as she reaches the landing she jumps around excitedly doing her little happy dance before I walked down to meet her and scooped her up covering her with kisses all over whilst I carried her the rest of the way. She squirmed and giggled in my arms. "Rosie, be careful you still have to be careful around Aunty Lizzie," Scarlett warns softly I stop encouraging her by kissing her and she locks her legs around my waist. "Look how big you've gotten," I say she was turning 4 in a few days, the same day as Nell's birthday. "I'm almost 4." She showed me 4 fingers. "No way!" "Yeah! I am. Aren't I mummy." She looked over her shoulder at her mum who was nodding. "Told ya." She says looking back at me. 

Kailani moaned a little and Rose's head snapped in the direction of the nursery. "Rosie," Scarlett said taking her from me to talk to her seriously. "Do you remember when Aunty Lizzie had a baby growing inside of her tummy?" "It looked like an alien." I chuckled, I mean she wasn't wrong the scans didn't do K justice she's the most perfect thing to ever enter this world. "Yes, well now the baby is here." She frowned looking back at me. "You pooped her out already?" We both chuckled I could hear Nell chuckling to herself behind the nursery door too. "Something like that," I say amused. "So the baby is here now and we need to be nice and calm and gentle." She nodded. "And we have to be a little quieter because she has tiny little ears," Scarlett said touching one of Rose's ears. "But what if she can't hear us if she has tiny little ears?" She asked innocently. "Her ears are more sensitive so we need to be quiet." She nodded.  "You think you can do that?" "Yeah, mummy. I want to see the baby." "Nell?" I pushed the door open and Nell was tidying up, K was laid on her chest she was holding her secure with one hand and her free hand was doing the tidying. 

"Still cleaning even with a newborn." "She's almost two months now." I defended Nell. She has been cleaning a lot even if I tidy she'll go over it like I've not done it properly, especially her bottles and anywhere K will be laying will get cleaned again. I've grown used to it, it's just how she is she was always going around cleaning before the baby I guess having her in the hospital just made her paranoid that she'll get sick and be back there. I understand, I make everyone wash their hands and use hand sanitiser before picking her up. We all have our quirks. 

Rose was pouting at Nell, it was no secret that Nell would give Rose her full attention no matter who was in the room and right now Nell was looking at K and not her as she spoke. "Hey, Rosie. How are you?" She didn't reply narrowing her eyes at the baby. "Rosie?" She asked looking over. "Are you okay?" She lifted her arms up to Nell. Nell crouched down instead, showing her Kailani. "This is your cousin." She pulled a face and I was worried she was going to hate her and us forevermore now as the jealousy fills her eyes. Nell looked at Rose putting an arm around her waist and bringing her a little closer to look at K. "Can we go play on the dance machine?" She says uninterested in the baby. Nell stands up and hands me Kailani, Scarlett shuffles to me and takes her first in-person peek at her niece. 

Nell tries to get Rose to smile, giving her hugs and kisses and rolling around on the floor with her in her arms tickling her gets her to break into giggles. "I'm the baby." Rose pouts again as they sit on the floor together. "You will always be my baby," Nell says pulling her to sit on her lap with a little resistance from Rose but eventually she gave in. "Can I hold her?" Scarlett asked. "Yeah of course, just." "Clean my hands." She chuckled and I nodded she went into the nursery's en suite and washed her hands before using the hand sanitiser. 

I handed her over and went to give Rose some attention so she didn't feel abandoned by us, Nell had her giggling with the promise of secret ice-cream sundaes at lunch and I joined in on the planning, Rose thought it was so cool that we were going to have secret Ice-cream later her little pout turned into her a huge smile in just a few seconds. "We're going to have such a fun day today!" I tell Rose. "Mummy said we're playing here." "We are. We have painting and legos and we have this game for the garden we're going to play later." Her little face lit up more and more. "But first breakfast," Scarlett warned us and we all sniggered before nodding innocently. 

"Can aunty Nell make us pancakes?" She asked fluttering her lashes. "If Nell says yes." She looked up at Nell who was already nodding. "Come on let's go downstairs," I say standing up and picking Rose up placing her on my hip. "Do you want to take her down?" Scar offered Nell who was already cleaning her hands. "Sorry, yeah. We're overprotective I know." I answered for her as she was looking around the room making sure everything was in its rightful place. It was really nice having her be so organised because everything was where I needed it to be at the time I need it. 

I took Rose down my wife following me with K and Scar behind us all. We go straight to the kitchen and Scar takes K back and continues to talk to her in a baby voice that we've all adopted. I don't know why it's automatic to talk to her in a different voice it was and everyone is guilty of it. We asked Scar to be her Godmother when we officially announced the pregnancy to our friends and she gladly accepted, Clay was the Godfather, he and Nell got on really well after they sussed each other out and it's actually weird how oddly similar they are in many ways. He was coming over this evening to see K and us both but mostly to see K. 

Nell made pancakes with Rose's help and I sat back and enjoyed my coffee as I looked out the window into our garden. "How has it been? Since you've been home I mean?" Scarlett asked taking a seat next to me. Nell was putting food colouring in the pancake batter and I frowned at her ignoring Scar for a second. "Rainbow pancakes." She says and I smiled, the lengths she goes to, to put a smile on Rose's face fills me with confidence about the lengths she'd go to for her own children she's going to be the best mother ever, she already puts me to shame and I'm the one that wanted this right now. The amount of patience she has is unreal. Kailani was crying for hours the other night she just wouldn't settle I ended up calling mum to come over because we were worried something was wrong, turns out it was just wind and it was upsetting her stomach but Nell sat with her the entire time, I had to keep taking breaks as it was overwhelming for me I was getting stressed I was getting anxious I was getting upset and I was tired. 

"It's been okay, my mum had to come over the other night to help us out but other than that it's been nice." Scar smiled at me. "Not itching to give her away yet like I was with madam over there." I chuckled remembering how relieved Scar was when we came over in the mornings to take Rose so she could nap or make something to eat. I guess it was different for us because Nell actually helped me with K whereas Colin wasn't always the best in terms of supporting Scarlett, he was a good dad to Rose but he's not made the sacrifices Nell has to be home 24/7 with me to help out. "I mean she sleeps most of the night at this point and she's a pretty good baby. We got lucky with her." I say admiring her in Scarlett's arms, she let out a big yawn stretching slightly before her eyes open wide. She had these breathtaking bright green eyes. Scar gasped when she saw them. "They're beautiful aren't they," I say bragging about my daughter. "That's my doing, you're welcome," Nell says being her big-headed self. "I didn't expect them to be so bright." "I told you she had the best eyes," I gushed. "Everyone thinks they're children have the best everything." "Yeah but I don't have to lie," I smirked at her and she chuckled shaking her head.  "Alright, you have a perfect baby. Wait until they get sassy." "I'm not sassy," Rose said, chin pointed in the air and hands on her hips as she knelt on the island beside Nell. "Sure you're not." Scar said sarcastically. "You have a perfect kid too." "Well, my perfect kid is refusing to eat veggies right now." "No veggies! Rosie Posey that's not good." I exclaim in a shocked voice and she gave me a blank look. "You have to eat them or you won't grow big and strong." "Aunty Nell doesn't eat them." "Thanks for throwing me under the bus, Kiddo," Nell say's, picking her up off the counter and setting her down. "Go find your toys." She ushered her out of the room, I got up and put the lounge camera on we had baby monitors literally everywhere. They all connected to our phones, I lent my phone against the vase on the table so we could watch Rose play in the upstairs lounge. She knew where we kept her things so didn't need assistance in getting them out.

Nell began to make the pancakes and cut up some fruit too. "She won't eat it." "It's in the shape of stars and hearts, she'll eat it." "I tried that already," Scarlett said. "But it's fruit from my garden so it's extra special." "If she eats it I owe you a date night." She tells us. "She'll eat it." We both say in unison having used this technique a thousand times with Rose. She likes to know she has special food and the rest of us are boring she is the queen and she knows it. I made K's bottle as she started to moan a little, Scarlett fed her under my watchful eye. It wasn't that I didn't trust her I have just waited for this for so long that I want to make sure she's safe and taken care of and I don't know I get this overwhelming fear sometimes that she'll be taken from me. 

----------

Rose ate her fruit after seeing ours was in boring cubes and she ate it with a smug smile on her face too. After that we went out into the garden and play with the water tray we got for her, it was mildly warm so we filled it up with some warm water too so we didn't get cold hands. Nell sat under the shaded area by the door with Kailani she wasn't really meant to be outside yet because she was still vulnerable we had a few more weeks of staying in. 

When Rose was bored of the water she flicked it at her mum and me and we shield our faces as she giggled uncontrollably. "You spend too much time with Nell," Scarlett says knowing this mischievous streak was completely encouraged by my wife who was a big kid herself. We went inside and dried off, Rose changed her top because she had gotten it wet and Nell went upstairs with K to put her down to sleep in her crib. She ended up staying there with her and Rose was getting pouty so I went to look for her. She was sitting on one of the chairs at the end of our bed, and K was fast asleep in her bassinet. "Angel?" "Hey." She smiled at me. "Everything okay?" "Yeah." "You've been up here a while, Rose is getting pouty." She chuckled. "I'll be down in a second, I was just answering a few emails." "Do you have to go back to work?" "Nope, I'm not going back to work for a few months." "But you're itching to leave the house and if you-" "I don't want to go back to work, Liz. I want to be home with my daughter." She told me reaching for my hand and making me sit on her lap, she pecked my cheek. "It's been rare in the 5 years we've known each other that we're both still in the same place. I'm taking full advantage of being able to spend every second of my day with you and K." "You're not bored?" "Are you?" I shrug. "I just, we have nothing to talk about because we're not doing anything and I'm worried you'll get bored of me and then you'll leave." "We have tons to talk about." I sighed. "And I won't leave you, Princess." 'What if you get sick of me?" "Hasn't happened in 5 years I doubt it will happen now." "It could, you could hate me." "I don't hate you, I could never hate you I love you too much." She kissed me softly and we sat for a few minutes before going to admire our sleeping daughter, my anxieties were settled knowing she wasn't bored and she wasn't just staying home to make me happy. 

We went back downstairs leaving K to rest peacefully and played with Rose, we did the painting in the kitchen and we played board games and gave her, her surprise Legos which she squealed at and woke Kailani up we didn't scold her I just went up and settled K again and she went back to sleep, I carried her down in the bassinet so she was in the room with us whilst she slept. Rose and Nell got started on building the lego set I think it was a castle of some sort, Nell mostly did it whilst Rose was being bossy but having no clue what she was actually telling Nell to do. Scar and I went downstairs to start dinner. And all in all, it was the fun day we promised Rose she even asked to hold Kailani by the end of the day and we got a few photos of her holding her with Scar's help obviously. She had warmed up to the idea of us having a baby when she figured out that as K gets older she'll have someone to play with and she liked that idea more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44.9K 60
Y/N has a huge crush on one of her regular customers. She owns a coffee shop in New York City and because of it's low key vibe she sometimes get's ce...
167K 4.6K 58
Elizabeth Olsen had a bad break up with her now Ex Fiancé Robbie. What happens when she meets an astonishing average girl at the store. *Sorta s...
370K 10.2K 48
Lizzie Olsen & Female Reader Book 1: Y/N is a 25 year old high school teacher in Florida who loves Marvel (duh), sharks, music and writing. When her...
6.7K 286 14
Life hasn't been that easy on Y/N since her teenage years: losing her mother who was one of the brightest broadway actress of her generation, an unkn...