A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!
Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!

990 48 8
By sleepylilacfox

A/N: Warning this is a 7000 word chapter! Hope you enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 19;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

Kalego sighed in relief when he landed in front of the door of his apartment. Disarming the locks and opening up the door, he quickly set to get some wine and unwind from the stress of the day- especially those damnable hallucinations that have been plaguing his psyche since the flight race, and not to mention the tantalizing scents of the damn cretin he now has to spend a ludicrous amount of time with.

It took nearly two hours and three full glasses of one of his strongest bottles till he deemed himself even the slightest prepared for the hell of going to sleep. What happened in those peculiar and almost degrading nightmares of the previous night kept him reluctant in succumbing for the needed sleep to claim him.

Despite his apprehensions, Kalego made the mistake of closing his tired eyes for a mere moment while seated on his couch, and he knew no more.

The void of darkness that followed closely after his eyes closed held a strong unyielding grip over him. His surroundings were mostly black, with the vague light around him shifting wildly with dim fluorescent glows of blues and violets trailing in from an unknown distance. The light slowly grew brighter as it drew closer- blinding his narrowed eyes.

Kalego gritted his teeth, throwing up an arm to shield his eyes from the burning intensity of blue light that enveloped him. The urge to push his magic to the forefront and at the ready to protect himself passed through him; but much like the other night it did not respond to his calls whether it was a nightmare or some demons doing.

Growling in stress, Kalego dropped his arm as the light faded, mentally preparing to watch the strange scenes of an altered version of his childhood to play out much like last time. But this time he wasn't in his family's manor, nor on the grounds of Babyls, he wasn't even in that private clearing in some forest like the other night. No, this time his surroundings were sharper than some dull imitation, it was a bedroom- at least it was a place that held a bed.

There was no prominent structure of walls, windows, or doors. The 'ceiling' was metallic silver chains draped all above him hanging down at different lengths. And finally, there was a single enormous bed dressed in crimson velvet sheets.

"Took you long enough, Puppy~" that demoness's seductive voice purred out from where she rested on the mattress.

Kalego cringed, a scowl taking hold as his eyes were drawn to this strange entity that just won't leave him be.

This time, instead of a child, teen or young adult, the demoness was full grown, perhaps his age group or even a bit older. She was quite tall from what he could tell with her lounging beneath the blankets as she was; on her side facing him with an elbow digging into the mattress and her hand twiddling with a strand of hair. Her other arm was flushed to her side beneath the blanket, pushing up her breast the slightest bit leaving a bit more cleavage to be indecently exposed.

That long hair was still in a transition of rich dark blue to deep violet. Eyes an unsettling, soul-rattling blue that radiated the glow of magic and greed of fire. Strong and proud horns protruded from either side of her head- and would be exactly like the missing King's if not for the pitch black coloration. Then there was her tail, perhaps the longest tail he has ever seen for a demoness not being of taller proportions, pitch black in color with a fluffy-furred tip.

"Not answering when talked to, Puppy? You certainly need a touch of training on your manners." She mused out again. Kalego growled, irritated at being called a puppy so many times but held his tongue, his instincts told him this was a much more powerful being and he has learned to trust those instincts despite his pride.

"Who are you?" He favored questioning instead.

The demoness merely smirked at him, full rosy lips parting to show the hints of her fangs. "You'll figure it out soon enough I'm sure. You seem like a smart little puppy. Well trained for not having my guiding hand in our initial youth but I'm sure we can work on what you lack soon enough." Her head tilted to the side, face resting on her slender hand.

He watched her move up a bit, repositioning on that bed and nearly balked upon realizing she was completely nude beneath those thin sheets. Quickly, while the velvet fabric curled down completely revealing her collarbone and a lot more of her skin he turned his head sharply away to the side, keeping her basic stature in line of sight but keeping himself from blatantly seeing anything that could potentially entrap him. As far as he was concerned, this woman was a seductress and most succubi could trap their prey by a simple flaunt of their figure and a beckoning of a finger.

"Oh?~ How cute, is my Puppy's ears turning red?" The sounds of the bed shifting more thrummed in his ears, a shudder of magic pulsated and overwhelmed the space and within a blink, Kalego was suddenly also in that bed of the temptress. His expression turned disturbed and pale as shock circulated through his body. Without delay, Kalego tried to move away, but his body simply wouldn't- couldn't move, the pressure of her chaotic magic kept him right there incapable of twitching even a finger.

"Now, now puppy. It isn't nice to avoid eye contact when someone is talking to you.~" The demoness purred out again, that damn smirk noticeably in place as she cupped his lower jaw with her free hand, forcing him to look at her face.

"Who are you?" Kalego snarled between gritted teeth, tense as he was in this predicament and still unwilling to look directly into those powerful eyes.

"Hmm," she frowned, breathing in and out a wistful sigh, letting his face go to trace his jawline in contemplation. "Someone you should have known much earlier if morons and a jealous lunatic didn't throw wrenches into plans." Was her answer this time, moving her finger to trace his lips with the tip of her sharp nail. "But you know me, my dear puppy. At least a part of you is aware. That loyal dog blood of yours can always sniff out its master." She smirked again, long ears flicking up and down the slightest bit in amusement as she realized he refused to speak when she played with the thin skin of his lips.

"What does my lineage have anything to do with you?!" He yelled, fruitlessly trying to move once more as she moved her leisure tracings to the side of his throat. "A lot, to be truthful. But it's alright that you are lost and distrustful for now. You'll learn, everyone will. Perhaps not now, nor soon. But it will happen." She swore, her voice taking on a tone of melancholy.

He watched her sit up fully onto her knees, holding up a bit of the soft fabric beneath him to cover her torso, seemingly more for his 'comfort' rather than her own. Long strands of blues and violets pooled around him like a waterfall as she now peered down at him, those breathtaking eyes glowing all the brighter as he finally met eye contact. Kalego's breath nearly left him immediately at how the colors swirled and shifted within those orbs so fluid and enticing.

"You have an important job, Kalego. A job I haven't done so well upholding despite it being one of my sole purposes constricted within this space. I can't do much; trapped here with these chains even as they loosen bit by bit. But you now hold that capability..." She took hold of one of his limp arms, pulling up to rest the palm of his hand a bit below her collarbone where an imprint of some type of chain laid, a faint smile he had seen before but knew not where pulled on her lips as she continued to peer down at him. Dark blue eyelashes framed those alluring blue hellfire eyes as she slightly squinted, her ears twitching again. "I'll be counting on you, my puppy. Become a good guard dog for us."

Voice barely above a whisper; this demoness with a painful, wistful expression leaned further down till her lips brushed against his forehead ever so gently as her hand that didn't hold his wrist crept over his eyes.

Before Kalego could get a single word in, the feeling of loss flooded through him as everything turned dark once again, no longer feeling her oppressive power. It felt like being abandoned in a sea of shadows with those soft hazes of light nowhere to be sensed. A chill traveled through his body with that warm one so far so suddenly. Leaving a seed of dread and ice deep within the Naberius's stomach.

Kalego didn't like this.

Didn't like whatever the cause of these damnable hallucinations were. Hated the contents of these scenes. And absolutely loathed the feelings that tormented him when these- when she suddenly disappeared. And for the damned life of him, Kalego couldn't make sense of any of it. On why hating these happenings felt wrong, why losing the radiant heat and touch of that Succubus felt like the end of his existence.

He awakened nonetheless when the sun rose into the sky. Preparing for the school day, striving his damn hardest to get that seductress out of his head, and any thoughts of why she seemed vaguely familiar gone. He didn't care and he couldn't risk caring.

——

Irumi yawned sleepily, for some reason still exhausted despite going straight to bed last night. "Mmm..." she hummed tiredly, rubbing her eyes while turning off her alarm. Her necklace felt a bit hotter than it usually has been after a good night's sleep but easily dropped the possible concern as her doors were thrown open by her joyful grandpa with Opera trailing behind with a tray holding her teacup. "Good Morning Ru-Chan!~ Did you sleep well Pumpkin?!~"

"Mmm, morning grandpa, morning Opera." She tiredly nodded while greeting with a yawn.

"My my~ so sleepy today!~" Sullivan cooed, filling the new film within his camera of her messy bed head and half open eyes before he left to let her start getting ready for school. Sluggish and barely able to keep her eyes open, Irumi blindly reached out for Opera.

Tail flicking in their amusement and growing affections; Opera picked the drowsy girl up into their arms and made their way to the bathroom happy to groom the young demoness as they would to their own.

——

Kalego growled in stress and exhaustion, a cup of coffee in hand as he was already seated in the teacher's lounge trying to focus on the upcoming quiz plans as a few of his coworkers gathered around chatting idly. "He was so sweet, Yis! The caring child automatically began to clean up the mess and went around making sure everyone that was in the tower or near the immediate structure was unharmed before I could even get my bearings over the matter! Yis!" he could hear Suzie chirp out happily; mostly speaking to Dali and Buer currently.

"Ah? I did see a bit of that! What a good kid Irumi-kun is!" Dali chuckled, his usual easy smile in place. "Yis! I came in early to check over the foundations once more and the Diabotany Tower was as spotless as it could be and perfectly functional! Many branches managed to claim a bit of space along with the roots spiraling down the columns with all those pretty blooms everywhere! And such nice smelling blossoms they are. Irumi-kun even mentioned something about things one can make with them! Yis yis!"

"Still...to miss his last couple of classes of the day was a bit irresponsible wasn't it?" Buer spoke up, having been listening while drinking his coffee.

Suzie tilted her head with a hum, "Thankfully it was just the last three periods taken in the Misfit class, and Kalego-sensei didn't seem too upset, were you?" the three turned to him, Suzie's half-opened eyes giving him a silent warning.

Kalego swallowed back another sigh, pushing a bit of his hair back as he took his time drinking his coffee, ignoring the pounding ache from last night. "It is a problem that the student Irumi gets easily swept away in motions and distracted from his other responsibilities." he started, thinking back to everything he knew so far. "Although, it seems being 'caring' is just as much within that brat's nature as accidentally causing issues to arise- and being utterly clueless while it happens." he sighed in the end, still remembering what happened before he left the campus with the little fool in his arms.

Frown deepening, he glanced at the cup of caffeine within his grasp. It was strange having the blue-haired demon in his arms. Irumi was so stiff and uncomfortable that he tried, even more so, to ignore the three minutes that it took to fly to the manor. But it was a bit concerning, how light-weighted he was last night, and how easily and often the brat got seemingly trapped within his own head. Especially with the excessively temptational scents that come off the growing demon along with the comforting heat that radiates off his skin.

Many would take it as an 'invitation' easily, especially the conniving bastards of demons within the Noble spectrum. With how often Irumi showcased he can be influenced, how effortlessly he got lost in thought, and the simplicity in corralling him was unsettling to Kalego. Not only from the unwilling connection of 'Familiar' and 'Master' but as one who has had to bare his fangs and climb the ranks in not just the average demon society but the messier version of the Netherworld's high society as well.

"-Kalego-kun?" he heard Dali's voice calling out his name, blinking and appalled that Irumi seemingly affected him and his awareness, turned to his older coworker. "Everything alright? Yis." Suzie questioned, the two obnoxiously cheery teachers leaned in close to his personal space, poking, and examining him.

"Everything's perfectly well." Kalego blandly stated, smacking their hands away while looking back down towards the stack of papers he has been working on for the last thirty minutes. "Now quit dawdling, we have to prepare these quizzes for next week along with the preparations for the elective classes that will be beginning soon."

——

"Here is your bag Milady. Are you certain you are alright?" Opera asked as they passed the bag to a much more aware Irumi. "Hm? Yes, I'm okay Opera.. How come?" "You've just appeared a bit... never mind milady."

Irumi tilted her head, curiously peering up at them before slowly nodding her head. "Well on a different note, you don't need to bring out the carriage today. It was a bit hectic the other day so I think I'd like to ease into that. I'd also want to think up suitable names before taking those two out again, either way." she explained herself, rubbing her under-eye to try to get the last bit of stubborn sleep away. "Fine..." Opera agreed a bit hesitant seeing how tired and out of it she has been all morning long.

"M'kay! I'm gonna head out now, I'm sure Azz-kun and Clara are nearly on their way." "...Irumi-sama..." Opera spoke up before she could get too far away. "Huh? What is it, Opera?"

"If I may ask...do you...have any desire to return to the human world...you have been seeming more distracted and solemn than usual. I do apologize if I have crossed a line with this question milady."

Irumi blinked, dumbfounded by such a question. "Er- well I..." "So...you do want to go back..?" Opera further pressed, trying to hide their displeasure from her in if that was the case. "I mean...I do miss some things from the Human world but...No, no I don't wish to...I don't have anything there." she answered firmly, looking down and clasping a hold on her necklace. The only reason she might want to go back...was to sternly scold those two humans who have done so much wrong to her.

Opera's cat ears perked up at that, pleased to hear that was at least not what was causing Irumi to act this way. "How come? Does it...seem like I want to leave? If so I'm sorry I- I don't know what's been going on with-" irumi began to fidget anxiously as her ears drooped low with very slight twitches.

"It isn't that...it's just that if you do ever wish to return or visit... You need to graduate with a high rank, thus being able to open a portal to the human world." Opera walked forward, beginning to pet and smooth out Irumi's hair to comfort her. "At least that's what I have heard about it. Regardless, you must excel not only in Babyls but the Netherworld in all for whatever you may wish to do in life." they continued to explain, brushing back one of her bangs from her eyes, meeting her shaky vision with their calm one.

"You have much strength and capability, you merely need to strengthen your resolve, milady." They reminded firmly, letting her hair go, and took a polite step back as their words sunk into Irumi. "Sullivan-sama is prepping the carriage this very moment, I'll explain to him for you."

"Ah-! Thank you, Opera! I'll keep what you said in mind and will make it up to grandpa later tonight! I'll see you later!!!" she cried out, beginning to jog off the property to the path towards Babyls.

"What will we do with you, Milady..." Opera sighed, seeing her off before turning on their heel to thwart Sullivan.

"Ah! Irumi-sir! A very good morning to you!" Asmodeus greeted upon spotting Irumi jogging this way. "Hi hi!!" Clara cheered.

Irumi continued to jog towards them, once she stopped in front of them dirt kicking up as she did so; she turned them both and began guiding them to walk the path. "Good morning Azz-kun! Clara! Let's get a move on!" she faltered and stiffened, hearing her grandpa cry out her name in the distance, no doubt being dragged back inside by the collar from Opera. 'I'm sorry grandpa! I'll make it up to you, I swear!'

The school day was passing by quickly, Irumi keeping her head down in polite respect towards Kalego during roll call in the homeroom of the Misfits. Then excessively apologized to Miss Suzie for the mess her plant caused once again when the Diabotany class began. The teacher happily waved her off again and reassured her that there was absolutely nothing to be sorry for.

As the...tower 'alarm' called out- screamed out? For the next period to begin. Irumi paused at the door, "Ah Miss Suzie, I left pretty late yesterday and I'm not sure if it's going to be a common sight but during nighttime, the flowers turned blue and glowed. It was super pretty ma'am and I'm certain you'd enjoy witnessing it as much as I did. Have a lovely rest of the day ma'am!" Irumi gave Suzie a beautiful smile before jogging off to catch up to her classmates, Clara and Asmodeus who waited for her just in front of the tower.

"Oh my? Truly what a sweet child! Yis!" Suzie chirped in bliss, looking up at the cherry blossoms above her that trailed the walls to the ceiling and beyond.

"Yay! Lunchtime!" Clara cheered excitedly as she bounced around, all of them seated or standing around in the Misfit class as they heard the alarm roar out.

Clara pounced on top of Sabnock's sleeping head. "On top of Sabnock mountain!~ Hey Irumikins! Why don't you play too?!" she chirped while waving her hands around. "Huh..?" Irumi questioned not quite catching what Clara asked of her as she put away her school book and notes into her bag. "Why don't you come climb Sabro mountain too!" The green gremlin cheered, giggling madly as Sabnock awakened and stood up with Clara still laid across the top of his head and shoulders with her hands clasped over his eyes.

"Hmm..." Irumi hummed thoughtfully, glancing up and blinking as the tall blonde stood. "My hearty Rival!! Doust thou not possess enough resolve to conquer the peak known as Sabro?!" He questioned as he pointed to himself, Clara still giggling.

Irumi stared in disbelief at the demon. Not sure if she should start giggling as he played along (quite seriously at that) by calling himself a mountain peak. Or if she should try to soothingly convince the cackling Clara to get off him. "Well...if you don't mind and are sure." She settled on stifling a giggling behind her hand; doing her best not to focus on his use of the word 'resolve'.

Irumi stretched momentarily before leaping up, grabbing him by the elbow and rotating her body, using his arm to pull her body up. Momentarily straddling Sabro's shoulder and side of neck before fixing her position and steadily sat onto his shoulder still giving Clara enough room to drape herself across as she was.

"There!~" Irumi laughed out in amusement, casually swinging her legs, heels softly bouncing off his toned chest.

Sabro stiffened slightly, surprised at how fluidly the smaller demon pulled up onto him before smirking broadly. "Well done rival!!" He boisterously cheered, chuckling loudly as he walked around the classroom towards the weights he left to the side then went to the cafeteria, Asmodeus following along glancing up at Irumi with uncertainty and glaring literal flames at Sabnock for daring to hold his Master Irumi like so. "Yay! Irumikins! Irumikins conquered!"

Irumi looked down from enjoying her food; having hopped off Sabro to eat the lunch Asmodeus got for her. She shifted, deep in thought as she remembered those words, of not just Opera, but the use of 'resolve' Sabnock used. 'Resolve...ambition...do I...have those things to do well here in the Netherworld?'

Irumi blankly stared at her empty plate, uncertain with herself when Asmodeus came over with his nearly full plate of food- a second tray he picked up after finishing his lunch a few moments ago. "Sir, if you wish, you may have the leftovers of my luncheon!" The pinkette chirped happily, setting the tray down in front of her as Clara bounced over with a piece of bread in hand. "Yeah! Yeah! Eat up Irumikins! Down the hatch!" Clara cheered while shoving the food into Irumi's mouth. "Mmph!" Irumi grunted, immediately munching down on the food to clear her mouth. "Mm- 'manks 'ara" Irumi half hummed out.

"Master Irumi...if I may...is something weighing on your mind right now?" Azz questioned a bit with uncertainty. "Huh?" Irumi blinked up at him, confused and surprised he caught that fact- is it so noticeable?

"If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate sir! Oh?" Irumi's phone buzzed off at that very moment, drawing all three of their attention to Irumi's pocket and to her phone. "Ah- excuse me..." she apologetically said while pulling out the device, finding it was from the girl she met yesterday.

-'I'll be waiting in the common room.'- the message sent by Ameri read. "Eh-thanks for the lunch you two, I'm going to head out for a bit though. So we can meet back up later." Irumi got up, lifting her empty plate and tray with her as she moved.

"I shall go with you!" Asmodeus shouted boldly, fearful that his kind master was possibly ill- or much worse-dislikes being around him any longer!

"Yeah! Me too! Me too!" Clara yelled wildly, flinging her arms around as she got into Irumi's face, shoving Asmodeus to be behind.

Irumi smiled at the two of them sweetly. Settling them down with a wave of a hand towards Azz and a soft pat on the head to Clara. "I'm sorry you two, but this is something I need to do by myself. But I'll be back soon!" she explained as gently as she could before turning on her heel to exit the cafeteria.

Asmodeus and Clara stood there, frozen and gawking at watching their Irumi's fleeing form leave the large cafeteria. Sabnock upon witnessing these events go down, walked over curiously as he ate the hearty beast meat off the bone as his lunch. "Is it just me or has my Rival been quite restless lately?" he questioned as he took another bite of his food.

Asmodeus collapsed to the floor on his forearms and knees, depressed. While on the other hand, Clara pouted in her own bubble of ire.

"Huh?" Sabro lowered his food, giving the two looks of befuddlement. "What's up?"

"Something's wrong!" Asmodeus immediately responded with, sneering up at the blonde. "Yeah! Wrong!" Clara mimicked, waving her fist in the air. "Heh?"

"For a while now, Master would get these expressions and won't tell me what's wrong! And now he has been leaving to someplace while forbidding me to come along! Where could he be going?! The stress of it all is keeping me up at night! Did I do something to displease him?!" the Asmodeus heir screamed in a mix of frustration, agony, and self-loathing, all bundled up into a beautiful mix of drama.

Clara, while Asmodeus sunk back to the floor with the start of sobs, came closer to Sabnock with her huffing and pouts. "I wanna play with my Irumikins!" she proclaimed with a fit.

Sabro peered down at the both of them dumbfounded by it, to him a very simple answer to the problem in mind. "Then why don't you just follow him?"

Asmodeus shot up to his feet, growling up at Sabro. "I could never be so intrusive to Irumi-sama!!!" the pinkette yelled out, disgusted by such a question. "Good idea!" Clara cackled, grinning as she began to race towards the door with Azz on her heels to try to stop her. "Valac, No!" he yelled, running from Sabro to follow the gremlin.

"Hmm..." Sabro hummed, standing in the same spot. A slight frown pulling at his face, while watching the two boisterous friends of his troubled rival. "Well...I'm sure they'll figure it out and get my rival in tip-top shape!" he nodded to himself, moving to finish his food and to exercise more. It was quite enthralling witnessing Irumi so easily and gracefully move from waist level to suddenly perched onto his shoulder, grinning down at him while kicking out their petite feet. Earnestly, he hopes to have similar interactions with the interesting, hypnotic-smelling demon a lot more often.

Nearly to the doors, Asmodeus managed to catch up to the Valac, declaring if she was going anywhere he'd tag along. "Awe! Are you lonely, Azz-azz?"

"No! It's only just the thought of you going by yourself invokes serious concern in me!!" he quickly denied. Clara giggled, "I knew it! Azz-Azz is so lonnnely!!!" she sang out walking quicker as Asmodeus quickened his pace to follow along, scowling. "Did you hear a single thing I said?!"

Irumi hummed to herself, making a quick stop to see how her grandfather was doing on her way to the common room she was to wait in front of for Ameri. She gave a soft rap to the door and after a moment opened it up.

The principal was sulking at his desk, idly filling out paperwork when he glanced up with a depressed hum. Immediately, the man brightened, jolting up and out of his chair as he flung himself to Irumi. "Ru-chan!!!!~" he greeted her with gusto.

Irumi barely held down a laugh as he lifted and hugged her tightly. "Hi, grandpa; I was walking by and thought to check on you."

"Oh so sweet! I was so worried this morning when Opera said you didn't want to ride your carriage!" he explained, rubbing his face against hers. "I'm sorry for this morning grandpa, I appreciate the carriage but I'm not ready to ride it every day to school yet; I also really want to name those two before much else," she explained as he sat her onto his forearm, lifting her higher. Sullivan let out another 'oh'.

"Well, if that's how you feel and what you want, Pumpkin." he gave a nod, hugging her tighter to his torso. "Thank you," Irumi chirped, hugging him back before hopping out of his hold. "I'll come back here after my classes end, grandpa! I'll let you get back to work though," she waved as she skipped to the door and exited before he could get another word in.

Sullivan sulked, glancing back to the pile of paperwork with dread. "Ah...my little Ru left..." "Sir, here is more you must finish by today." Opera entered with a large stack in their hold, descending Sullivan deeper into depression. "...oh, oh alright..." he breathed out with a great sigh, walking back to his desk with a slump.

Irumi carried on her way, leaning to the wall to stay clear out of the middle of the hall as she waited for Ameri.

Elsewhere, Clara ran rampant around the school; shouting out her nickname for Irumi as she climbed and searched the most random places. "Would you stop that?!" Asmodeus, out of breath and irritated at this rambunctious demoness.

He had her get down from the roof and stand before him in the small courtyard they were in. "Tailing means when you follow someone you do it quietly or else you ruin your cover!" "You mean like when a wife is trying to prove her husband is cheating?!" she questioned a bit too excitedly. "...why is that your go-to example? Anyways..." a group of students walked by, taking note of both of them fairly loudly as they passed on by. "You draw too much attention to yourself!" Asmodeus stated, annoyed at the shocked 'oooh' that left the gremlin of a girl.

"If you continue acting like this then we can't tail him!" "You're the last person I want to hear that from!" Clara exclaimed, pointing out a group of demonesses' that crowded to the side gawking and giggling over him from afar. Asmodeus twitched, incapable of a proper come back for that. He gritted his teeth when the girls left, turning back to the short green demoness. "Let's just go already!" his patience running at an all-time low.

"To play?!" Clara chirped, waving her arms around as Asmodeus had to put his entire being not to snarl at the girl. "No, you fool! To tail him of course! But first, we have to go to Camu's store and buy some detection-warding glasses!" "ooooh!"

Clara ran ahead once again, Asmodeus by this point having caught his breath, was able to keep up with her pace as they reentered the cafeteria hall to the main student store. Ridiculous glasses on, Asmodeus twitched, further annoyed at how this day was going without the divine grace of his master nearby.

"Are these really all you have?" Asmodeus wanted to clarify, trying not to look at Clara and the utterly ridiculous pair she chose that had a swine-nose and fake mustache attached.

"Yeup," Camu-Camu answered blandly. "You seriously don't have any other styles at all?!" The pinkette yelled, as Clara began to fling her arms around and dance; "I want these ones! Gimme gimme!!!!" With a grimace and barely holding in a growl, Asmodeus ended up purchasing the two magical devices.

Irumi stood around in the same spot for quite a while, absentmindedly running her fingers through the ends of her hair that were bound back in a low ponytail. Off in the distance, she caught sight of Ameri rushing over to the point of lack of breath. "Are...you alright...?" she asked, watching Ameri nearly fall to the floor in an attempt to catch her breath. "Worry not!" she gasped out, standing back up after a few more moments.

"Did you wait for long?" Ameri questioned a bit apologetically. Irumi gave her best reassuring smile to Ameri, shaking her head. "No, I just got here myself; your timing was perfect!"

Ameri's face brightened in joy and relief hearing that. "Wonderful! I'll be counting on you!" Ameri opened one of the large double doors, letting Irumi go in first.

At the end of this hallway, Asmodeus and Clara stood there with their detection warding glasses, gawking at the sight they were witnessing play out.

"You see that?" Asmodeus breathed out in awe. "It's not fair!!!" Clara huffed with a pout. "This situation is most grave! You get that, right?!"

"Nooo fair!! She's being so selfish- I wanna play too!!!" Clara hissed out, looking ready to leap at the door that held her Irumi-chi from her.

"Get a hold of yourself! Don't you realize who that was?! That's the Student Council President!" Asmodeus explained, reaching out to hold Clara back. Honored at the sight that his master was taking the steps to rule this school.

"Yeah?! Well she is being unfair! I'm gonna go play too!!" Clara made another attempt to leap at the door where Irumi and Ameri were behind preparing for the reading session.

Azz stiffened his arm, pulling Clara back a second time with a growl. "You don't understand how severe this situation is!!" He yelled as he hefted her back. "Since, Master Irumi obviously wishes to rein over this school, they are the biggest obstacles in his way! It's clear that the Student Council currently rules over everything here!!"

Clara blinked up at him, barely listening to a single word. "Those really look good on you!" She stated after observing how the ward-detection glasses framed his face. "Would you listen?! Don't you see my master is trying to get the student council in his clutches so he can one day gain control over them!!" "Whaaat?"

Asmodeus lifted an arm to cup his mouth, satisfied that he figured it all out. "I knew he had to be plotting something, but to think his plan was overtaking the council! And he doesn't want any harm to befall us, so he's been doing this on his own!" He wept feeling so honored at how caring and thoughtful of a demon his glorious master was. "I'm also just so relieved it wasn't anything I've done to displease him!"

"I don't care! I wanna play!!" Clara yelled out, trying to escape but Asmodeus grabbed the back of her shirt to keep her at bay. "It's no use, I can't stay here! I want to observe Irumi-sama's bravery in closer detail!" He sobbed as Clara squirmed and growled like a feral beast in his hold.

"Alright! So we read the fourth volume this morning, time for the fifth!" Irumi chirped out, having drunk a bit of the tea Ameri brewed up. They finished volumes 1 through three the previous night. "Yes! Please proceed!"

Irumi read through a bit, doing her best to deepen her voice for Kakeru's scenes while softening her voice for Rin's. "Do you have a dream, Rin?" She read out, pointing out each panel and speech cloud to Ameri as she got to it. "Yes, there's one I pursued for a long time! But, it finally came true!"

"Oh?" She deepened her voice, tilting her head similarly to how Kakeru did. "My current dream is to use my strength to do all I can to protect the one I love! So my dream right now is to be a beautiful bride!" Irumi read out, in a cheerful soft tone. "Ba-dump~" she breathed out.

Ameri had her notebook out, writing down all she learned. "So dreams...ah! You're referring to ambitions!" She connected. "Hmm well, sure I guess." Irumi agreed with a tilt to her head, lowering the book. "So now she'll destroy anyone who tries to get in her way and throw them to the side like garbage!!"

Irumi giggled a bit, "that isn't quite right," she denied, firmly setting the book down next to her tea cup. "So there won't be throwing...?" Ameri took the sixth book glancing over the upcoming panels in confusion while trying to decipher it. "That's disappointing..." the red-head huffed.

Irumi smiled at Ameri, turning her gaze up to the ceiling as she thought over dreams, and the Netherworld equivalent- ambitions... Her thoughts went to Sabro first, and his bold talk about the demon king with a confident smirk on his face, then Opera's words of this morning. "Hey...Ameri?" "Hmm?" Ameri looked up from the book, lowering it the slightest bit.

"If I may ask, do you have any big dreams for the future?" "Dreams? You're asking me? Hmm.." Ameri glanced down to her shoulder badge that held her rank and the association she held to the student council while contemplating. She smiled, nodding to herself. "I'm very proud to be a demon, through and through. And my desire is for the other demons to be just as proud, that's why..." Ameri cupped her hands together, gazing at Irumi with a peaceful smile. "I want to inspire the minds of the students here and make this a house of learning that any demon would long to attend! That is my true ambition!"

Irumi blinked, mesmerized by such a thoughtful and passionate answer Ameri gave her. "I'll be helping with my father's work after I graduate, but it's clear what I must do before then." "Amazing!" Irumi beamed, blushing in awe at Ameri.

"Although," Ameri turned her face away with a slight rosy tint to her face. "I wouldn't mind working at a bakery or a florist either!" Irumi laughed a bit uncertainly at that, remembering her own experiences working at such places in the human realm and the types of customers and heaping orders she often got stacked with...of course those places were shady to begin with but she doubted there was much difference between places ran by the organization those people kept...loaning her to or the actual proper businesses.

"But! Don't you have any ambitions to speak of?!" Ameri quickly questioned, embarrassed to say anything else about herself. "Huh?! Do I have any? Hmmm..." Irumi lowered her head, frowning as she thought back to her time in the human realm then how it's been living here with her grandpa. The difference in how it was before till now still felt like a false reality, Irumi supposed...she was still waiting for the happy dream-like world around her to fall away and reveal she was still in that tuna fishing boat-illegal shipping container the organization put her on to finish repaying what those two owed.

"Honestly...I'm pretty satisfied just having fun with all the people I've met around here!" Irumi smiled, trying to push the memories of the past away. She always worked, and had to sacrifice so much just to manage food and the torn up clothes she wore; and Irumi didn't even want to remember all of what she had to do to stay warm and sheltered in that torn up little tent of hers. Being able to carelessly have fun, to meet and be around others that actually enjoy her company was already dream-like and fulfilling enough but...did she want more?

Was she allowed to want more?

Honestly, it'd be best to only be satisfied with what she managed to grasp at. The thought of losing this was already too much. But to then hunger and attempt more, to put her whole being into such a thing that could easily be ripped out of her weak grasp was crippling.

"No, that's only an ideal. I asked you what your ambitions are." Ameri frowned, studying Irumi.

Irumi's smile dropped, staring right back at Ameri as thoughts and memories of her life floated through her head. Her eyes turned a bit brighter, glowing past the magical contacts. "...Ideals and ambitions are different. What I want to know is what you're eager to achieve for yourself. Your desire." Irumi began to frown, her eyebrows bunching up as she tried to ignore the horrid memories that have caused her to suppress her wants, her needs, her greed.

"So I'll ask you again, Irumi. And tell me the truth; what is your dream?"

"A...dream...? Mine..." Irumi shakily repeated.

"Now can I charge in...?" Clara whispered to Asmodeus from outside the window as the two spied inside though couldn't hear a single thing of what Ameri and Irumi were speaking about but...their Irumi was starting to look...agitated? "Certainly you can not!!" Asmodeus hissed, irked and burning with all the more curiosity as they watched Irumi freeze up and look so- so- displeased!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

559K 26.9K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
791 53 11
*This is a sequel to Point of No Return* When a mind is isolated with its own thoughts, it can begin to turn on itself. Unable to understand what's r...
15.1K 487 15
↪It all started when she saved this little girl from a kidnapper, but little did she know that this little girl will change her life. started: 8/23...
21.4K 731 18
Sophie Sasaki was an ordinary high school student with dreams and aspirations before tragedy struck. One day, while sitting in her classroom with her...