Searching For A Home

By lobo1989

Random Short Story Collection: Copycat: After the murder of a family member, Clint and his friends carry out... More

Copycat
Nubi
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Pride of a Boxer
Please
Puerto Rico's Gargoyle
The Plane Tickets
Kappa Escorts
Why We Do It
Favor Por Favor
Chapter 2
Lost City of Yiti
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
The Abandoned Asylum
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A Multiverse of Gargoyles
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Living in the Past
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Bloody Mary on a Train
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Gods or Angels: Artemis
Gods or Angels: Aphrodite
Gods or Angels: Hathor

Chapter 2

1 1 0
By lobo1989

"This thing is amazing," said Oni as he looked down at the tracks as the train drove over them. "I can't believe someone had the idea to create this."

Bloody Mary smiled at Oni. "I don't think I've ever seen you like this before," she said to him. "Intrigued."

"It's just incredible that we are capable of creating something like this."

"I agree. The man behind this invention is somewhere on board. We'll tell him in person what we think about his work."

"Yes ma'am," said Oni with a bow.

Bloody Mary entered the cart and found a small group of guards sitting around. They were playing dice until they spotted Mary and her men.

"Who are you?" asked one of the men. "How did you get on the train?"

"The guest of honor," said Jack as he jumped in front of the group.

"Was there supposed to be some sort of entertainment at this meeting?" whispered one of the guards. "I don't remember anyone mentioning a jester."

Bloody Mary ignored the five guards and walked between them. One of the guards was about to reach out to grab her when Oni grabbed the man by the wrist.

"I wouldn't do that," said Oni.

"Let go," said the guard as he tried to pull his hand away, but Oni wasn't releasing. Finally Oni released his wrist and the guard fell to the floor. The guard stood back up as he pulled his sword and was about to attack Oni when one of the other guards stopped him.

"Wait," said another of the guards.

"For what?"

"Look." The guards all looked towards Greg, noticing him for the first time. "Is that?"

"Greg the Goliath," answered another of the guards.

"Meaning she's Bloody Mary," said the guard as he turned to look at her.

"Correct," said Oni as he followed her into the next cart. Jack was the next to follow, the guards all standing out of the way. Greg the Goliath glared at the guards who were all terrified of him. He took a step forward and they took a step back. Greg left the cart and joined his group.

In the next cart they found another group of guards, who were all looking at Bloody Mary and her men. None of them said anything as they stared at Greg the Goliath. Blood Mary went forward and between them. No one got in their way as Bloody Mary and her men moved from one cart to another. They didn't stop until they reached their destination.

Sitting at a round table were Queen Elizabeth, Mary, Queen of Scots and Pope Gregory. There was also a guard sitting in the corner of the cart, who stood when Bloody Mary arrived. Bloody Mary recognized the guard as Elizabeth's man, Moran. She ignored him and turned her attention to the round table.

"Hello little sister," Bloody Mary said to Queen Elizabeth.

"Mary," said Elizabeth as she jumped up. "What are you doing here?"

"This is a meeting for peace between our two countries," said Bloody Mary as she looked between Elizabeth and Mary of Scots. "A meeting like this needs my supervision considering I used to be the Queen of England."

"But you stepped down," said Elizabeth. "What's wrong? You don't trust me to make the right decision for our country?"

"It's not that. I just want to make sure no one is trying to take advantage of you, my dear little sis."

"Mary," said Pope Gregory, cutting into the conversation. "That's the reason I'm here. To make sure we all come to a right and peaceful resolution."

Bloody Mary glared at the Pope, but then gave him a bow. "Your holiness, it's not that I don't trust you, but I should be a part of this."

"No disrespect but you're not the Queen. Your sister is."

Greg the Goliath and Oni were irritated by the Pope's comments and gripped the handles of their swords. Jack the Jester grabbed the men's shoulders, stopping them from escalating the situation.

"No disrespect to my sister but I'm more powerful than her," said Bloody Mary. "Actually, I'm more powerful than everyone in this room." Mary of Scots and Pope Gregory gave her a dirty look. "Okay maybe it's up for debate who's more powerful between the Pope and I."

"Are you seriously saying you're more powerful than the Pope?" asked Mary of Scots.

"What I'm saying," started to say Bloody Mary before Elizabeth cut in.

"Sis, can we talk outside. Please."

Bloody Mary stared at everyone around the room before turning her attention back to her sister, a smile on her face. "Sure. We can talk in private."

"Great, follow me," said Elizabeth as she led her sister out of the cart and into the next one.

The four guards followed, staying seven steps behind. Moran glared at Bloody Mary's guards but tried to keep his distance. Greg the Goliath and Oni glared back at him while Jack had a cheesy smile on his face. Moran continued to walk and didn't stop until he was behind his queen.

"Hey Moran," said Bloody Mary as she stared at the guard standing behind her sister. "I think my sister wanted us to talk alone. Mine making yourself scarce."

"I'm not leaving Elizabeth while your men are here," said Moran.

"Oh is that the problem," she said as she turned to look back at her guards. "Guys, take a break. The queens need to have a little chat."

"Yes ma'am," said Oni, leading the men past the sisters and into the next cart.

Elizabeth put a hand on Moran's arm. "You can go. I'll be fine."

"Just call if you need anything," said Moran and Elizabeth gave him a nod.

Bloody Mary and Elizabeth watched as Moran left the cart before turning their attention to each other. Bloody Mary smiled. "You like him," she said.

"Excuse me," said Elizabeth as she went over to the bar.

"You like your guard, Moran."

"Well yeah," answered Elizabeth, keeping her back to her sister as she poured them wine. "He's a good guard. I wouldn't have made him my personal guard if I didn't like him."

"That's not what I mean. I mean you like him, like him."

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Elizabeth. She finished pouring them wine before turning around and finding her sister still smiling at her. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She offered her sister a cup.

"Because I know you're lying," answered Bloody Mary as she took her drink.

Elizabeth took a seat across from her sister and took a sip of her wine. She tried to come up with something to avoid the topic, but she knew her sister wouldn't let up. "Fine, if you think I have a crush on my guard, is that because you have one with one of yours?"

"Oh nice move trying to reflect my question." Bloody Mary took a nice sip of her wine. "No, I don't have any sort of crush on any of my guards."

"Really, not a single one?" Elizabeth took another good sip of her wine. "Oni is kind of cute for a foreigner. You sure you don't find him attractive." Blood Mary just rolled her eyes before taking another sip. "What about Greg the Goliath? He's a bit intimidating, actually he's very intimidating, but maybe you're into that." Bloody Mary doesn't answer. "I know you don't like Jack. You've never been a fan of jesters. I'm surprised you would have one in your personal guard."

"Jack has proven himself," said Blood Mary, and it was Elizabeth's turn to drink her wine. "All three of them have proven their loyalty and I trust them with my life."

"But you don't find any of them the slightest attractive?"

"No, I don't have time for that kind of thing," answered Bloody Mary. "I have a very important mission in this world and there cannot be any distractions. My men know that."

"And what mission is that?" Elizabeth accidentally asked.

"To bring God to everyone in the world."

"I know that," said Elizabeth. "I'm sorry for asking. My real question is why are you here if you're trying to bring God to the world. We all believe in God here. Pope Gregory is here for God's sake."

"That's one of the reasons why I'm here," answered Bloody Mary. "I don't trust him. I get the feeling he might be a hypocrite."

"Careful," whispered Elizabeth. "Don't say that out loud. It could be considered blasphemous."

"I'm not the one who should be careful," said Bloody Mary, her voice a little softer.

"Yes, I know you have your pet dragon."

"His name is Azrael. A gift from God himself."

"You didn't bring him along, did you?"

"He's never far away from my side."

"Sister, please don't do something extreme. This is supposed to be a meeting for peace. A day to celebrate the advancement of humanity. Look what we're riding on. Could you ever imagine we would travel in something like this. Uniting our countries will only help advance civilization."

Bloody Mary had a serious look on her face before giving her sister a slight smile. "You really believe in this."

"I do. This alliance can only help."

"Fine little sister. I'll just sit back and let you handle everything."

"You're really going to do that?" asked Elizabeth, skeptical.

"If you really believe you got this, yes, I'll leave it up to you." Bloody Mary finished her wine. She noticed her sister had a weird look on her face. "What's with that look? You don't trust me?"

"No. I'm just surprised."

"I don't understand why. I left England to you. Of course I trust your judgement."

"Thank you. I think I should get back to the meeting," said Elizabeth as she stood up. "You can stay in my room if you like."

"Actually, I think I'll introduce myself to the creator of this machine. What is his name anyways?"

"Richard Trevithick," answered Elizabeth. "He's a genius. Please be nice to him."

Bloody Mary put a hand up to her heart, feigning insult. "I'm always nice."

"You're never nice."

"I can be nice."

"So please be nice to Mr. Trevithick. We don't need you breaking his genius spirit."

Bloody Mary let out a small chuckle. "I'm not powerful enough to break a genius' spirit."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that. And don't take your guards with you when you meet him."

"Excuse me?"

"They can be just as intimidating as you. Four on one genius just sounds like a bad idea."

"You can't expect me to meet a stranger without any protection."

"Then take the jester with you." Elizabeth was heading back to the door that led to the meeting. "He's the least intimidating of your group. Tell Moran I'll be waiting for him at the meeting."

Bloody Mary had a smile on her face as she waved her sister goodbye. She made her way to the opposite end of the train and opened the cart's door, finding the guards all glaring at one another. "Moran, my sister is waiting for you at the meeting." Without a word, he left the group to join Elizabeth.

"Like the good dog, he runs off," mocked Jack.

"Quiet," hissed Oni. He turned his attention to Bloody Mary. "What's your order?"

Bloody Mary smiled at Oni. "Always my loyal soldier."

"Have no doubt," said Jack. "We are all loyal to you."

Bloody Mary put a hand on Jack's shoulder. "I know my dear jester." She pulled her hand away. "You're not going to like what I'm about to say." Everyone had worried looks on their faces. "Don't give me that look. I know what I'm doing."

"We know that your highness," said Greg the Goliath.

"Thank you, Greg. I'm going to let my sister handle the peace treaty between England and Scotland."

"If you believe that she'll do the right thing, we believe in her as well," said Oni.

She smiled at him. "I do believe in her. She's a smart girl."

"I feel there's something else," said Jack.

"There is something else," said Bloody Mary. "I'm going to meet with the creator of this contraption.... I forget what it's called."

"A train," said Jack. "This contraption we're riding on is called a train."

"Right," said Bloody Mary. "This magnificent thing we're riding on is called a train. Well I'm going to have a conversation with the train's creator."

"Okay," said Jack. "There's nothing wrong with that. I don't understand why you think that would be a problem."

"I'm going to be having this meeting alone."

"Excuse me," said the three men.

"I'm sorry guys," said Bloody Mary. "I'm told the train's creator is a little sensitive."

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I think that's a terrible idea," said Oni.

"I agree," said Greg. "What's the point of having us as guards if you're not going to allow us to watch over you?"

"Don't worry," said Bloody Mary. "I know you won't be far. I expect you guys to be in the next cart with your ears to the wall."

"We will," said Oni.

"Thank you guys. I'll see you soon." Bloody Mary went to the next cart where she found Richard Trevithick sitting at the bar with three other men. The men were part of the train's crew. At first Bloody Mary thought they were all getting drunk, but then noticed they were drinking water. "Hello gentlemen." She noticed the men all tensed up at her appearance.

"Hi," said Richard. "I wasn't expecting you."

"Oh don't worry about that," said Bloody Mary. "That mistake belongs to the world leaders who are having their meeting."

"Is the meeting over?"

"I doubt that, but I'm leaving that to the little sister. I'm here to meet the genius who created this magnificent train."

"You think it's magnificent?"

"Of course I do. Look at this. You've changed the form of transportation for the better. People will be able to travel from town to town within a day. Honestly, I thought the only person capable of that was me."

"Right," said Richard. "You have a dragon."

Bloody Mary gave Richard an eerie smile. "Yes, a gift from God himself. Just like you."

"You think I'm a gift from God?"

"Of course you are. You're a gift to humanity. That is something I am certain of."

"Thank you," said Richard as he looked to his crew members, who all gave him a smile.

"My sister is a big fan by the way," said Bloody Mary. "I think you two should talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 628 72
"They say sometimes the road of life takes an unexpected turn, and you don't have no choice but to follow it and end up in place where you are suppos...
1.2K 184 44
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT TO YOUR SHELF, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO NOW!!! OR CLICK HERE:- https://www.amazon...
64.8K 10.9K 122
🌟WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST 🌟WATTYS 2023 FANS CHOICE AWARDS NOMINEE 🌟WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST 🌟Editor's Pick (Reading Radar) Feb 2024 🌟 Featured Wattpa...
1.7K 497 115
Devilcityfiles After the great collapse, the grand city of Argia remains a spiraling city that beacons all in the world to its walls. A land thought...