A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!
Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!

861 55 10
By sleepylilacfox

Probably not even contemplated but these are a few of the songs I've been listening on repeat to while writing on this story

Trampoline -SHAED
Into the Mist - Eivør
Enemy - Imagine Dragons
Bones - Imagine Dragons
If I had a Heart - Fever Ray
Demons -Hayley Kiyoko
I'll be Good -James Young
To be Human - MARINA
Big God -Florence + the Machine
Seven Devils -Florence + the Machine
Awakening - Aurora
Apple Tree - Aurora
Non Believer -London Grammar
I'm not a Saint - Billy Raffoul
Salt - Eivør
Brave New World - Kalandra
Hypnotic - Zella Day x Vanic
Insatiable -Annicke Shireen
Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation
Numb little bug - Em Beihold
The Sound of Silence -Disturbed
Sweet dreams
Bad guy -Billie Eilish
Vertigo - Alice Merton
Dead Man's Arms -Bishop Briggs
Castle - Halsey
Who Will Save Us - Tommee Profitt
Paint it Black - Ciara
Breath of Life - Florence + the Machine

Anyways! If you been wondering or concerned that it is following too closely to cannon there will be more prominent changes happening soon. I wanted to first set the gears in motion of change slowly. I'm looking forward to execution cannonball with much excitement. Enjoy this (sorry that it's another short chapter)
___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

Irumi was humming to herself as she walked quickly across campus.

"And where do you think you're going?" She heard a familiar voice growl out. "Eh.." Irumi stilled, paling as she slowly turned to face the demon whose voice belonged. "S-sir.." she greeted shakily, giving him an uneasy smile.

"Irumi." Kalego snarled out, his arms crossed in front of him as he glared down at her small form. "Ah..I...I was held up a bit when I was putting the cleaning supplies away I-I don't have much of an excuse for it being so late though..." she said a bit meekly, head bowed the slightest bit.

Kalego huffed out a sigh, expression turning tired as he rubbed his forehead. "Well, thanks to you losing track of time, not only was I harassed by those imbeciles but was also sent back here to search for any signs of you." He declared, smoothing over his ruffled hair to fix it back a bit- signs of rushing over back to the school and even running around the entire campus to try to find the troublemaker of a student.

"I-I'm so sorry sir..!" She squeaked, leaning back in shock when he suddenly leaned down into her face.

"Being apologetic or simply mindlessly saying 'sorry this' 'sorry that' won't get you far, you brat! As it stands you are continuing to cause a plethora of troubles whether purposely or not! Give me that!" He snatched the hellphone still in her hand. Irumi flinched with a yelp as Kalego went to her contacts, scowling as he typed in his information. "S-sir...?" She peered up at him, face red in embarrassment and confusion.

"Here, I expect you to inform me promptly if you will be held up after school again! Or when you caused a mess so I don't have to just come across the damn issue unprepared. If you start contacting me for idiocy however, I will block you! Do I make myself clear?!" He declared while pushing the device back into her hold. The brief contact of his skin to hers caused a strange heat to surge around her necklace and ring leaving the both of them to experience a jolt of shock and warmth at the accidental touch. "Ye-yes-yes sir!!" Irumi stuttered out, holding the hellphone with both hands as she leant back slightly.

Kalego looked at his hand then to her a bit suspiciously before sighing again. Unbelievably exhausted from not just how this day went but how his night unfolded in the previous, plagued by dreams of that figure in that hallucination, mixed with scenes that simply made no sense to him-with...a demoness that looked strikingly too much like the image of the missing demon king but...that's ridiculous the whole scenario she appeared in was just...ridiculous.

Winds picked up around both of them. Where they stood a sudden whirl of wind brought forth something that glowed a beautiful blue into their line of sight. "Eh?" Irumi voiced out. Together, both of their eyesights were drawn up to Irumi's tree she created earlier that very day.

Instead of a soft pink as it was during the daytime and earlier times of night it was now glowing a beautiful rich blue from its every petal. "Oh..." She breathed out, awestruck by the beauty of it as more softly luminescent petals were whisked up by the winds and danced around them, lighting their surroundings further then the soft glows of the moons above.

Kalego blinked, stunned at the gentle beauty the tree radiated. His vision momentarily shifting back to that persistent hallucination and dream...of that blue haired seductress wrapped in the glow of regal beauty and infallible power.

A couple moments later, he found himself choking on his own breath, vision back after that translike state he was placed in but somehow began staring at Irumi who was still (mercifully) distracted by the tree and petals. The Naberius growled under breath, disturbed and annoyed at how that damn hallucination had yet to leave him, and even had him staring like a dimwit at his airheaded student.

Kalego found himself looking back over at the awed (and still distracted) Irumi, watching and studying how the young demon's face glowed and eyes sparkled in the soft blue glow. He could even see Irumi's long ears flicking up and down noticeably- something he soon realized happened whenever the small demon was overwhelmed with any sort of emotion. Sighing, catching the fact that this student was trying to unsuccessfully hide a small yawn and knew he needed to get the brat to the manor quite soon; scooped the light weighted demon into his arms.

"E-eh?!" Irumi squeaked, her eyes finally leaving the beautiful cherry blossoms to peer up at Kalego. "You are quite careless and dimwitted..." he declared with a tired sigh, almost pained at how much work Irumi was proving to be. She had nothing to say to that, blinking up at him in confusion.

Shaking his head, his words basically proven by just that reaction alone and feeling almost a bubble of amusement deep within him grow. Kalego spread out his wings from his wing roots, not wanting to escort at the brat's no doubt slow pace if the flight race could be accounted for anything and the nearly three hours it took for just that distance alone.

"S-sir wait are you-eep!" Irumi yelped, throwing her hands out to grasp the front of his uniform as Kalego flew up, a fairly fast pace as he left Babyls' campus to Sullivan's Manor.

It was hardly even a three minute flight when Kalego touched down right in front of the gates of the Manor. Irumi was still clutching to his uniform tightly, unused to such fast speeds as her grandfather always gone quite a bit slower.

"You can let go now..." Kalego grunted out, looking down at her as she continued to stretch out the fabric. "Ah- Ah! S-sorry!" She yelped, letting him go immediately as he set her to her feet.

Freed, Irumi back pedaled a few feet just to be out of immediate reach. Shifting and fidgeting where she stood. Nervous and confused by everything that has happened tonight.

Kalego found himself sighing again, but curiously incapable from feeling his usual annoyance towards such ludicrous behavior only tired and a touch amused.

"Let's hurry in before that damn Principal does anything idiotic if forced to wait longer..." "y-yes!" She agreed with a nervous squeak, fretfully entering the unlocked gate first and sped walked to the front doors.

Pausing at the handle, ears bright red and twitching; Irumi glanced back at him. "Th-thank you for...flying me here, Sir." "Just open the doors so we can finish your damn lessons and I can be dismissed."

Irumi nodded, quickly doing just so. "I-I'm home...?" She called out upon opening the door. Crying out in shock when her uniform was grabbed, pulling her into the entryway. "Ru-Chan!!!!" Sullivan sobbed wildly, hugging her tightly. "I swear! You are so much like Tsu-Chan and your father!! Don't scare me like that again!!!!!!" He wailed and blubbered on.

"A-ah...s-sorry grandpa...I have no excuses.." Irumi apologized, smiling as she hugged her grandfather back though without the hysterical sobbing.

"Mistress..." Opera complained in a very low tone, eyes narrowed at Irumi with cat ears and tail slumped. "You scared us quite well, we just provided you with a hellphone...please use it to keep us updated for now on..." "I'm sorry Opera, I'll be sure to do so if it happens again." Irumi swore with a gentle smile directed to the Security demon, reaching out to pat their head just between their cat ears. "See to it that you do..." Opera glanced down, cat tail slightly twitching as their hair was softly petted.

"Oooh! Thank you Kalego-kun for bringing my Ru-Chan home! Come in! Come in!!" Sullivan- in his chibi form finally detached himself from Irumi to swarm Kalego, pushing the demon into the household; firmly closing and locking the front door.

'No escape...' Kalego thought with dread, a grimace on his face as he was continuously shoved forward to the room he left today's lesson plan in.

Irumi lowered her hand from Opera's head to watch the happenings with a bit of sweat running down her face. "Ah...I suppose I should get ready? Don't want it to get too late after all..." she mused out, amusement rising within her watching her grandfather playfully harass Kalego. "Eh..." Irumi only just managed to stop herself before she could start giggling, shaking her head firmly to snap out of it and turned to face Opera who was now bowing, at some point taking her book bag and shoes- replacing the shoes on her feet with house slippers.

"Milady, a bath has been drawn for you and should still be the perfect temperature. As it is for dinner etiquette, would you like proper formal clothing as well?" Opera questioned with a gleam. "Mmm, since it's so late already; not tonight. Just casual clothes should be fine, thank you Opera. It should be quick." She promised with a cheerful smile, beginning to make her way upstairs.

Opera bowed once again to her back before standing, promptly heading to the kitchen to check over the food to ensure everything was nice and heated while putting a large pot of tea on the fire.

After that was all in good progress of completion, Opera glanced in to check over Sullivan and Kalego in Irumi's study. "Hm-hm," they hummed in amusement at seeing Sullivan was 'rewarding' and furthering his relentless teasing towards the guard dog as the younger demon sat there teeth gritted, a deep scowl taking over his expression and a rumble of growls leaving his throat without end. 'How cute...like an upset dog...' Opera smirked, an idea regarding a collar coming to mind as they began to head upstairs to aid their young mistress. 'I should speak to her soon regarding such accessories for her gifted guard dog.'

Irumi was already half way done cleaning off when Opera arrived and she allowed them in. They immediately began working on her lengthening hair, distributing the soap suds through the silky hair with ease and took extra care to gently untangle any knots they found as they worked from her scalp to the ends.

Five minutes passed by till she was done and getting dried off, not nearly as shy as the first time when Opera aided her in bathing and drying off, but still had a bit of color on her face that caused her to glow pink.

Another ten minutes passed by with Irumi now dressed in a loose purple tunic that fell past her butt and thick black spandex pants. A total of thirty minutes passed since she arrived home, and she finally made it into her study for her lesson.

Upon spotting her, Sullivan left Kalego alone. Chirping at how he has a camera recording this splendid event before skipping away. Opera left her side soon after as well, bowing and stating that they will be bringing food and tea over shortly.

As Irumi sat herself in the chair across from Kalego after giving a short bow of apology for making him wait so long.

The Naberius scowled at her, stubbornly ignoring the delicious scent that seemed to waft off her form. "Absolutely ridiculous." He managed to huff out, picking up a book and unfolded a roll of fabric in front of her. "Whatever, let's first begin with utensils, and their purpose." Irumi nodded, eyes narrowing a bit to focus as well as she could to not further waste his time.

The lesson passed fairly well, she only got him upset with her twice when she needed to be reminded of the name of a certain fork and when he had to fix her overall posture- having called it unruly and despicable for a noble.

It was now time for Irumi to unwind and ready herself for bed; half kneeling on her bed as she caught sight of Kalego taking to the skies to head to his own home. "Hm?" Irumi hummed while glancing down to her phone that had been on the charger on her nightstand. "Oh..Azz-kun texted?"

Curiously, she opened the message, -'Today, it would seem the student council President was searching for you sir!'- "Eh?! But why?!" She yelped, a bit distressed by such information as she got herself prepared for bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 780 5
A random girl, finds herself dead from a traffic accident and then reborn as the Female version of "the scummy second born demon of Greed". From Obey...
25.3K 837 8
A Vongola Undicesima Inheritance Ceremony gone wrong. A Mirror that speaks. A carriage heading towards a castle. A room full of coffins. And a school...
2.1K 69 4
Lady Colette has returned from France with an arsenal of tricks up her sleeves, and she is determined to find a husband that would make her deceased...
982K 17K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...