The Secrets We Wanna Keep ||...

By ghosty_boo69

Bruce Wayne (The Batman) x Gender neutral reader ---- Y/n has worked for the Wayne Enterprise for 4 years and... More

Read this before reading the FF!!
About the reader
Chapter one - Pilot
Chapter two - Relaxing
Chapter three - pretty early call
Chapter four - The Batman
Chapter Five - Jealous
Chapter six - BATMAN?!
Chapter seven - shopping date?🤭
Chapter eight - pay attention to the road!!
THANK FOR 100 VIEWS AND 16 VOTES!!
Chapter nine - the gala is tomorrow
⚠️Chapter ten - Prescriptions⚠️
⚠️Chapter eleven - Harper!⚠️
AAH THANK U SO MUCH FOR 1k VIEWS AND 91 VOTES!!
Chapter thirthteen - 5:34AM
Chapter fourteen - Its Gala Time!
Chapter fiftheen - Its Gala Time! Pt. 2
Chapter sixteen - aw fuck
Chapter seventeen - kidnapped?!
Chapter eighteen - hours, hours, hours...
THANK YOU FOR 4K!!
THANK Y FOR 5K AND 200 VOTES!!
THANK YOU FOR 6K!!
THANK U FOR 7K!!
Hiatus
Not a chapter update (sorry)

⚠️Chapter twelve - Hospital⚠️

1.1K 31 16
By ghosty_boo69

⚠️!!TRIGGER WARNING!!⚠️
This chapter and will be dealing with topics of suicide, self harm, and etc. If those topics are triggering to you I would not read this chapter.

———————————————————————————

You paced in the visitor area with Bruce, sitting, watching you pace frantically. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying. You were waiting for the Doctor to come in to tell you if Harper was okay or was dead. You hope to god she wasn't dead.

"Y/n, I think you should sit down," Bruce says, softly, concerned about you. You bite your nails while pacing and back fourth and didn't respond to him,"Y/n,"

"I can't, I can't, I can't stop thinking about everything," You replied, voice shakey. You felt you could cry again at any moment.

Bruce stood up from his chair and grabbed your shoulders, making you stop in front of him. You looked up at him as he gave you a kind expression.

"Y/n, I know your worried and you have every right to be, I am worried too," He says, speaking gently and softly,"But I am sure she is fine, the doctor will come out and tell us she is fine, you just need to sit down for moment, try to relax,"

You felt tears fill your eyes once again as you brought Bruce into a hug. You cried into his chest as he gently wrapped his arms around you.

"I-I just want her to be okay..," You cry, pulling him closer,"I...I am so worried..,"

"It's okay, she'll be okay," Bruce reassures you, his voice kind, and gentle. You just cried into his chest, with no reply.

"Y/n L/n?" You heard a voice call. You and Bruce both let go of each other and turn to face the person who spoke out your name,"You can come and see him,"

"It's her," You quickly reply, furrowing your eyebrows. The nurse had a blank expression.

"Sorry," they reply,"you can come and see..her,"

You inhale deeply and give the nurse a glare. What the fuck is there issue? They sounded disapproving of Harper pronouns. What are your pronouns you fucking cunt.

You and Bruce begin walking to the room but Bruce was stopped.

"Only family beyond this point," The nurse says. You look back at Bruce with concerned eyes. You wanted him to come with you.

"I'll wait for you here, just text me if you need anything," He says, with a gentle smile. You nod your head as you then followed the nurse to Harper room.

You enter her room and see her laying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, she looked numb and tired. Her head turns towards you once she heard the door creaked. Her eyes were red and puffy, she just looked very sad, you could tell all the energy and light from her face faded completely. You hated seeing her like this, at her most vulnerable moments.

You run over to her side.

"Harper," You say, lovingly, giving her a smile as you bend down and hug her. Tears were streaming down your face, glad that she was alive. She didn't hug back or even move,"I'm so glad your okay,"

You pull away and gently place a hand on the side of her cheek. You look at her as she sighs and removes your hand from her cheek and turns her head away.

"Leave me alone," She says, almost whispering but loud enough so you could hear. You frown and stand up straight.

"I am not leaning your side Harper," You say, your tone serious. You grab a chair and move it beside Harper's bed and sit down, crossing your arms.

"I hurt you," She says, not looking at you and staring at the window across the room. You heard voice crack as she spoke,"You should hate them,"

You look at your sister with sorrowful eyes. You honestly forgot about the slap. You were mainly just concerned if she was going to live or not, not if she slapped you. But clearly, she was holding a grudge against herself for it and she expects you to be upset about it, expects you to hate her when you never will.

You place your hand over her hand.

"Harper, I have no reason to hate you," You said to her, kindly,"You were having a hard day and that is completely valid, I know you didn't mean to hurt me, and I probably asked for it because you clearly needed space and I wasn't giving you that," she turns to face you, her eyes full of guilt,"So don't beat yourself up over it, we all make these mistakes when our emotions are too strong, I mean you've seen me in a spiral of emotions,"

Harper puts her hands to her face and started to cry.

"I-I just feel so bad," She cries, wiping her tears,"I just...ugh I want to f-feel okay, I want to feel happy,"

You stand up and embrace her, her embracing back and cries on your shoulder.

"I know, I know," You reply, quietly,"You will, just takes time and help,"

You stroked the back on her head gently as she cried on your shoulder. The moment was interrupted and the doctor came in, lab coat and all.

"Your both here, that's good," The doctor says,"So I'm Dr. Jaz we need to talk about what is going to happen with Harper aka you,"

Dr. Jaz gestures Harper. Harper looked scared and I honestly was too.

"What's going to happen?" You ask, holding her hand.

"Well, we think Harper should go into a psychward for a couple of weeks, possibly months," The doctor explains,"And I can suggest some places if you wish to go, I mean I would suggest going,"

Harper squeezes your hand as you heard her take a shakey breath. You knew she didn't want to go, she was terrified.

"Could we have some privacy to talk?" You ask. Dr. Jaz nods their head and leaves the room. You sit back down on the chair, Harper still holding your hand and looks at you with fear.

"I don't want to go," Harper says, tears streaming down her face. You sigh and look down at the ground for a second than back at her.

"I want you to go," You say, starring straight into her eyes. She was taken back by this.

"What? You want me to go?" She says, clearly a little hurt. You sigh again.

"Harper, I honestly don't want you to go either but this has happened to many times and I don't know how many times I can handle almost loosing you," You replied, as Harper eyes filled with guilt as you said this,"Harper, I really want you to be okay and happy but clearly you're not, so I think," you tried to swallow back your tears but the fell,"You should go, I think, you should go and get the help you need, please Harper, if it's too much I'm pretty sure you can leave early but I just...really think that this will be good, I hope it will be good,"

Harper inhaled deeply and look away for a second. Clearly thinking hard about this. God, this hurts me so much. Harper turns back to face you and nods her head.

"Okay, I'll go," She says, clearly not wanting but knew it would be better for her. You smile as you gently embrace her and then call back in the doctor.

"Have you made your decision?" Dr. Jaz asks. You nod your head 'yes' in response as you turn to look at Harper, giving her the signal to reply.

"I'll go," She says, trying to look like she is filled with determination to turn her life around but behind those eyes, she was scared out of her mind.

"Okay, you will be going tomorrow morning, I'll give you the list of places, mainly one that are close, there is one here at this hospital so I think this one will be best and then I'll give you the phone number to call," Dr. Jaz explains,"I would suggest to go home and grab the stuff she may want and need,"

The doctor exits the room and you look at Harper as she looks at you, completely filled with fear. She looked like a little kid. You hug her and she hugs back.

"I'll go tell Bruce to get your stuff okay? So I can stay here with you," You explain as you run out to get Bruce and explain everything.

———————————————————————————

Wooo sorry for not updating much, been getting writer blocks and trying to build up chapters to a big fight ig probably ain't gonna be so dramatic.
Anyways! Thank you all for reading!! :)) I hoped you enjoy! Have a good day/afternoon/night!!

Song of the day: Ew by Joji

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 141 20
"Welcome back to the Wayne Mannor,Miss Gordon..." *** His jaw clenched and I could feel his muscle tence where I hooked in...
26.6K 547 20
What happens when Y/n the adoptive daughter of The Joker and Harley Quinn Goes to Gotham academy to start a 'Normal Life' and bumps into Damian Wayne...
473K 12.1K 50
What happens when you meet Bruce Wayne? Things to note: -For this to make sense you are in 19-27 years old. Sorry if in real life you are a differen...
887 22 12
The year is 3088. The world is in ruins and everyone has lost hope, except for one person. In the year 2022, the hero Batman along with his sidekicks...