Bright and Shiny - Grey's Ana...

By nilagang_hatdog

Different take on season 1 and the relationships. What if Meredith and Derek were married before she started... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chaoter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150

Chapter 131

154 4 0
By nilagang_hatdog

Derek held Meredith's hand loosely as they walked into work that morning, heading to his office. He didn't hold her hand tight because at any moment he expected her to take off running because she was late however she wasn't doing it.

Derek had finally got Meredith to work that morning and only a few minutes late. She stalled getting dressed not knowing what to wear. She stalled eating and pouring coffee in their thermos cups. She stalled putting on her shoes and getting into the car. She tried spending the most time in her house as she possibly could that morning.

Derek broke the speed limits but made it there only a few minutes late but he knew Dr. Bailey would still not be happy about it. Meredith didn't seem that phased as Derek looked over at her slowly reaching his office.

"Meredith…" Derek looked over at her with a raised eyebrow as she took off her coat and grabbed her scrubs.

"Hmmm." She smiled as she turned to look at him, she was glowing. He tried to figure out if it was the pregnancy or the house or a combination of both.

"Are you trying to be sent home by being late?" he laughed thinking he finally figured out her turtle pace plot.

"No, of course not. I'm here to work, work at being a doctor. Pregnant intern doctor who has to make up OR time before I stay home for a long time. So no I don't want to go home. Why would I want to do that?" she rambled and Derek knew she was caught especially when her eyes lit up at her ramble at being home for a long time.

"Dr. Bailey's going to be mad and instead of sending you home she may make you stay longer." Derek told her with a sly tone watching as her eyes went wide at that thought.

Instantly she started moving faster throwing off her sweater and having it land on Derek's couch, shimming her jeans down her legs and pulling up scrub pants up and tying the string. Derek moved himself out of the line of fire of her flying clothing and chuckled at how fast she now moved.

"Got to go, love you." She rapidly sped out as she leaned up, kissed him fast on the cheek and was out the door before he could react.

Meredith rushed herself to the intern locker room and caught up with her group as Bailey was heading out to round their second patient. She tried to blend in and hang at the back, but it was obviously not working since Bailey had caught her and was staring her down.

"Late night Shepherd…" Dr. Bailey asked in an unapproving tone.

"No, no sorry Dr. Bailey. Decaf hasn't kicked in yet and doesn't really work at all since its decaf. Not even sure what the point of me drinking it is. " She rambled on again before Dr. Bailey interrupted her.

"I'd send you to the pit but considering how you run that department that would be a reward to them and you, so it's Dr. Burke for you." Dr. Bailey informed her as Meredith's perma smile she'd had since they got the house the day prior faltered slightly turning into more of a frown. Cristina's face also faltered at the loss of being able herself to work on cardio today.

"Problem Shepherd?"

"No, no problem Dr. Bailey, at all. I have Dr. Burke as my attending today, Cardiothoracic Dr. Burke got it." Meredith rambled as they reached the patients room and all filed in. Her smile getting bigger as she realized there hasn't been a time she worked with Dr. Burke that he hadn't let her go early.

"Good and since you were late you didn't hear that there's a mandatory staff meeting tomorrow morning in the auditorium. Chief called it." Bailey told her.

"Ok." Meredith nodded making a mental note to tell Derek, although she figured he got the memo himself since he's a fancy important neurosurgeon. She also figured him being a department head probably knew what the meeting was about so if it was pointless they could sleep in and skip in. Staying home in their bed just a little while longer where she silently wished she could still be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 2K 30
Izuku Midoriya, neglected and bullied due to his lack of a quirk, endured abuse from his family and friends, especially his twin sister Izumi and Kat...
83K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
789K 47.4K 119
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
1.4M 32.1K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.