Toddlers Until Teenagers

Par bookwormorwhatever

"Jenna, " she started off. "Remember Alex? Your best friend?" She paused. Tingles fell through my body. Alex... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 8

3.4K 93 45
Par bookwormorwhatever

Alex's POV

And I thought she didn't have feelings for me. But when she said it, confirmed it, my heart felt at once relieved. Something like the weight off my heart. But instead of her blushing and looking down, she instantly dropped her fork with a clatter into her plate, at first surprised. Then she stood up in a jerky movement and her expression was the one she would give me when I would steal her dolls in teasing. But this time, it was like that, but worse.

"F*ck you! Son of a b@tch! Player!"
She screamed, and I winced. The staff could hear but the most deadly thing was that she is angry at me. I don't know why. Then, she runs out of the restaurant entirely, making me run after her.

I jog out of the restaurant, ignoring the beady eyes staring at us. I hear her clear sobs in the silent night. She runs to our car, where the beautiful view shines but nothing is truly beautiful when the love of your life is angry. I rush up to her mascara stained face. She turns away, her hair a mess and her eyes puffy.

"Jenna-"

"Stop it, Alex! Just.. Just get away." She starts crying again. I sigh, resting my back against the car. What the heck is wrong? I mean, why is she angry at me?

"I swear I don't know why you're so-"

"Just shut up! You idiot! You seriously think I'm buying that?" She spins around. She looks gorgeous even when she's crying and a mess. Poking a finger accusingly at me, she breaks down again.

"Let me-"

"Alex, you asshole! You're such a f^cking asshole!" She's stopped her tears and wiped them away, squaring her shoulders and aligning her height with mine.

"What did I ever do??" I stammer, running a hand through my hair with exhaustion and frustration. This was not how I was imagining our love confirmation to be like. Not at all.

"You? What did you ever do? You are a big idiot. You player! You're dating Carmen at one side, and then trying to trick me into your other side! You're the meanest, Alex. And I thought you were different." She sags her shoulders, quite all of a sudden and huddles herself as if its cold. I smack my head. This is what she was thinking of me?

"Jenna. I can explain." I started. She puts a hand up. "Stop it, just stop. You sleep with Carmen and then try for me too. I know how she is. Okay? I know that you'd never leave her for me. She's attractive and way ahead of my innocent thoughts. She's f*cking FAKE!!" She screams at the end.

"I'm sorry, Jenna, but I don't understand why you'd ever think like that. I already gave her up for you! " I cover my face, and leave her silent. Catching our breath, we stay quiet. She's more tense, I can tell. I stay like that, and I feel guilt in the air from her. She thought I'd confess to her while having a girlfriend?! I can't believe it. I feel so hurt.

"Alex..." She tries to remove my hand from my face, but I jerk away. I'm too hurt to actually do this. I can't be live she'd think of me as one of the normal men that are either players or worse. I thought she wasn't like that.

"Alex, I'm really sorry." She begs, and my heart wins her over and I remove my hand from my face. Her eyes are pleading and tears slip out of them. "I'm really sorry, you don't know how guilty I am. I thought you just.. I don't know. Every girl has this thing in her, and whatever she assumes then she's just put up on it. The trigger releases and she gets tense. That just happened to me, and I'm really sorry. " she begs, wiping her tears with the heel of her hand.

I sigh, and then nod. "I understand. But from now on, I want you to know, that I'll never hurt you. Jenna, I'm not like that. I know your likes and dislikes, I know whatever you desire. I'm your best friend, need I remind you. I'm not like the others." I stride closer but don't touch her. She nods, her eyes scared and wide.

"I know. Thank you, Alex, for always being there for me. And I never knew you broke up with Carmen. When?" She asks.

"Your welcome, Jenna. Well, today, actually." I respond. "Let's get back in the restaurant first. They might've thought I'd kidnapped you or something. " I joke off, and she laughs. I slip my hand in hers and feel those electric shots run through my arm.

I hope those shots run through her.

Jenna's POV

I laugh at his silly joke and feel the guilt form in the out of my stomach. I thought he was still with Carmen and now I feel extremely awful. How terrible am I?! Pushing that thought aside, I feel his hand slip into mine. Electric shots run up my arm as I blush and we walk back to the restaurant. The girl in the couple is about my age, and she stares at me with a disgusted look. The man gives me a weird look, mirroring the girl.

"Don't care what the people say," I hear Alex whisper to my ear as tingles make their way into my body. "Okay." I feel a smile forming at my lips. I'm probably a mess right now, but he still gives me a loving look.

We walk back to our table. I sit down, and he sits as well. "Wait a second. I'll be right back." I excuse myself to the washroom and hurry in. And to my surprise, the girl is in there as well.
At first I feel tense and debate wether to slip away, but she already spots me.

I slip inside, and see the porcelain sinks and the four stalls. The light blue tiles, flower wallpaper walls, mini chandelier, adds up to a formal place. I walk over to the sink and pray that she leaves. Looking in the mirror, I see myself as a total mess. Hair all over, mascara running down, lips dry, puffy eyes. "You know, there's no need to be a drama queen." I spin around to see the girl's green eyes boring into mine.

"The way he looks at you, even me, as a stranger , can tell that he adores you." And with that, she walks out of the washroom.

I stay there for a long time before sighing. Turning back to the mirror, I take out my mini makeup remover and remove my makeup, wash my face, wait for it to dry, and dig into my bag for cream. I find it but only a drop makes its way into my hand. Cursing, I press harder but nothing slips out. I apply that, and then brush on some blush. Then I grab my coral lipstick and apply some and do my eyes all over again. Light and casual, yet beautiful.

I don't have a hairbrush, sadly, so I rake my fingers through it, in hopes for it to get better. Then I run a hand down my clothes, straighten my posture, and exit. I don't see the couple anymore; they'd left. What the girl said replays through my mind.

I sit on the chair, and Alex glances up and brightly smiles. "Okay, well, the story. You know after you left at the beach? Yeah, that's when I started to realize your absence and got out of my faze. Carmen.. She's the worst. The fakest snob ever. She's so dirty and sleeps with every man she can. She's a slut. A damn slut. Got me into her cage. But when you left, I realized how rude she was to you. And the huge mistake I made to ever believe that we could've been together.

Then, I started tell her and she, her over dramatic self, started to pick a fight like always. The last few months when she was my girlfriend, they were filled with fights and then she's get me back from her lure and fake mess. Anyways, I told her I was breaking up with her. She started making fake sounds from her mouth that sounded like moans, and then she clutched my arm. For a split second, I felt like I should stop and just be with her. But I knew I wasn't falling for her like I always did. She tried to tempt me into staying the nigh with her, and much more. But I didn't give in. I broke up with her and left, following you.

And that is why I am here, in front of you." He concludes, and I sigh. In relief, in guilt.

"I'm so sorry I thought you wrong." I pick at my pasta. He reaches to my chin and moves it up. Our eyes meet.

"Stop saying sorry; it's perfectly okay. I understand. I do. Now eat your food. " he ushers to the food and I give him a genuine smile and eat my pasta. We eat in a comfortable silence. Then, the waiter takes our plates away and I finish up my smoothie.

"Now can we go back to where we started? Before you ran out like a Carmen wannabe." He warns with a chuckle. I laugh. I must've been hideous.

"Okay." I whispered, biting my lip and he leans in closer. "I love you, Jenna." I feel the blush automatically rushing to my face. I look into his blue eyes, and we search for each other's feelings.

"I love you more, Alex." I felt myself say. We lean in together, and I know what's coming. Just then, a male clears his throat. I look over to see the waiter at with the bill. Flushing red, Alex fills the bill and we leave to the car. Just then, his arms reach to my lower waist, and a thousand shocks explode like fireworks into my body. I loop my arms around his neck, and he presses his body to me, pressing me to the car.

He leans in, and I let out a gasp / sigh of his beautiful eyes. His lips crash against mine. In sync, we let our desires be fulfilled. After a moment, he pulls away for breath.

"That was wonderful." I whisper, a smile reaching its way.

"It was. Even though it wasn't my first kiss, and I'm guessing neither for you, but it was magical. It's way better than I'd ever dreamed of, Jenna. " he murmured. I smile and nod. His lopsided smile crooks into his lips and I trace his lips with adoration.

"It is, Alex. Magical it is." I agree, closing my eyes and leaning into his chest. He wraps me in a hug. Just like those hugs he used to give me when we were small.

We were both young when I first saw you.

•••

a bit of taylor swift at the ending! lol. I hope you liked this chapter! I know you did! Comment some ship names and vote! Thank you!

-xoxo Hamna

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

31.2K 556 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
7.7K 133 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
In That Moment Par T_Swift22

Roman pour Adolescents

5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...
100K 1.9K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...